Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 15F  (Read 297278 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 15F
« Reply #960 on: November 20, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
Gems are 0.2 per.

Double post: Byakuren's sutra sills were nerfed to 12% per turn from 14% - or so did the description say, but she's still actually getting 14% per turn  :V
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:51:21 PM by RegalStar »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #961 on: November 20, 2016, 11:30:23 PM »
They're trying to bring Byakuren down to reasonable, but with how Duplicating Scroll works now and the fact that they gave her a skill for 3 mp regen per turn, she's still fairly crazy. You almost never have to stop casting her buff now and it'll still bring peopl eup to max if they have a half-decent amount of buff to start with.

But she'll be a little less insane if she needs -some- buff upkeep herself. Still. With Infinite Mana, she's not gonna stop being the buff queen.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #962 on: November 21, 2016, 01:11:22 AM »
Using Instant Attackers to switch someone out and in can still be superior because it puts that character at 7500 instead of whatever they were at before.

Unrelated: I still can't fathom why the magatama and mirror midbosses are so much harder than the climatic conflict on 12F.

Boss!Tenshi is like that mid game battle that all the drama has been built up for, think of magus from chrono trigger. And you are more limited item/party member wise, i imagine they couldnt make it too hard so you could win with a limited roster

Meanwhile magatama and shield are the last enemies standing before ame no murakumo himself, you have most of the roster and broken items by that time, NOW they can put any bullcrap abilities on those. at least thats how i see it

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #963 on: November 21, 2016, 01:13:47 AM »
With Infinite Mana, she's not gonna stop being the buff queen.

With Infinite Mana, she could also spam Skanda's Legs and never run out, but that's another matter entirely.

I'm trying to remember, what's the current version of the Myouren Temple Personnel skill do again? Since Nazrin and Shou have it and all.

Edit: Would it be wise of me to consider starting a new thread at this point?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:24:15 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #964 on: November 21, 2016, 02:38:27 AM »
Byakuren is a good attacker, but the thing there is, there's a -lot- of good attackers, so it's not a particularly interesting option unless you just don't super care about Byakuren's Duplicating Chant skill. And being able to cast an attack for a long time isn't super special anyway. The current version gives them the benefits of all of Byakuren's stat buff and HP regen sutras AFAIK; this would not include the new infinite mana or her element resist/ailment resist sutras, I think. Two of the plus disk characters also have one that gives them one third of Byakuren's sutras.

Getting the first post ready for a new thread in notepad or something would probably be a good idea (considering it's quite the monolith at this point), but it doesn't need to start quite yet.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #965 on: November 21, 2016, 02:41:26 AM »
New Myouren Personnel: When user receives a turn while both user and Byakuren are on the front line, the user receives all of Byakuren's learned buff and HP recovery sutra scroll effects.

Speaking of Infinite Mana, looks like those three skills are meant to be endless corridor skills after all, because on my file right now Byakuren doesn't have it learned. (Either that or I was hallucinating back when I was looking at their in-game skill lists in rec.C').

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #966 on: November 21, 2016, 04:28:33 AM »
Buddhists confirmed OP :v

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #967 on: November 21, 2016, 05:34:19 AM »
Not as OP as when Nazrin could get Byakuren's current buff in its entirety whenever she gets a turn.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #968 on: November 21, 2016, 05:47:11 AM »
Buddhists confirmed OP :v
Not as OP as when Nazrin could get Byakuren's current buff in its entirety whenever she gets a turn.
Taoist leader is more OP by far, I'll say that much.

Two of the plus disk characters also have one that gives them one third of Byakuren's sutras.

If my calculations are correct, then they would gain a 4% or 5% buff in all five stats and 4.66% HP regen each turn, which is only slightly better than Monk's Body Revitalization skill.

Also, as a side note, if it turns out that the MP regen is able to transfer via those skills, then Kokoro and Koishi would gain 1 MP a turn, while Shou and Nazrin would gain 3 MP a turn. 3 MP is enough for Nazrin to fire off her spells without losing any MP, and Shou probably  won't become too strong with this up, so I kind of think that it might be possible for it to happen(even if the text says otherwise), especially if Infinite Mana is for Endless Corridor...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #969 on: November 21, 2016, 08:29:06 AM »
Boss!Tenshi is like that mid game battle that all the drama has been built up for, think of magus from chrono trigger. And you are more limited item/party member wise, i imagine they couldnt make it too hard so you could win with a limited roster

Meanwhile magatama and shield are the last enemies standing before ame no murakumo himself, you have most of the roster and broken items by that time, NOW they can put any bullcrap abilities on those. at least thats how i see it
Regal was talking about the Mirror and Magatama on floor 12, not the ones on floor 20.

And Magic Transfer is fine. Pop in, do whatever healing / buffing you need, Magic Transfer, get the tank to switch her out. For me, Komachi's not doing a whole lot aside from occasionally trying to land Narrow Confines of Avici / casting emergency heals and neither is Byakuren when everyone's mostly buffed up so I tend to have a lot of people ready for switching.

Sure, you can use multi target DEF/MND buffers but the fact of the matter is, some characters take turns faster than others, thus buffs run out faster for them. Having good single target buffers is still handy. As it stands though, Renko is doing all the buffing I need at the beginning of the fight.

Komachi, Byakuren, Aya, Renko
Aya casts Divine Grandson's Advent (henceforth referred to as DGA) on Renko
Renko uses Charge
Aya generally gets another turn before the boss takes their turn, thanks to the SPD buff from Renko and how I've built Aya so she casts DGA on Renko again for a second round of Charge. This bit is even more consistent if Raid Maneuver from Strategist procs on anyone other than Aya.

If Komachi or Byakuren gets it, Aya still casts DGA on Renko, but instead of relying on Aya getting a second turn before the boss, they can swap Renko out and back in for another Charge cast. If Renko gets it, GG Aya uses her SPD buff to buff herself, Renko casts Charge, Aya casts DGA on Renko, Byakuren swaps Renko out, Komachi swaps someone in to receive god buffs (because my Byakuren is faster than Komachi)

Everyone is now capped out in buffs and Byakuren can start handing out god buffs instantly. I now slowly swap in all my characters as needed to pass the god buffs around before pummeling the boss.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:39:19 AM by jaxter0987 »

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #970 on: November 21, 2016, 11:57:04 AM »
Taoist leader is more OP by far, I'll say that much.

I highly agree with that!

« Reply #971 on: November 21, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »
Hello all, question: right now I'm at lvl 260-280 with most of my chars in TH2. Is this good enough for the Plus Disk or should I level some more? I wouldn't have problems reaching even lvl 350 or 400, but I suspect I might end up being overlevelled, which is not too fun in itself. Until then, I guess I can farm the final boss for gems.

« Reply #972 on: November 21, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »
Hello all, question: right now I'm at lvl 260-280 with most of my chars in TH2. Is this good enough for the Plus Disk or should I level some more? I wouldn't have problems reaching even lvl 350 or 400, but I suspect I might end up being overlevelled, which is not too fun in itself. Until then, I guess I can farm the final boss for gems.

if you overlevelled you can just level your characters down

« Reply #973 on: November 21, 2016, 08:40:36 PM »
Pretty sure you are overlevelled for at least the beginning, since it was fine to play the trial with something around 200-220, not sure about the exact level anymore.
If there will be a spike in difficulty that makes you grind for levels, no one knows, but I'm expecting the grind to be held at a minimum and have the endless corridor for all our grinding-desires.

If it's anything like the first game, then you will need level 500~ for the very last boss, but there's no way to tell if you will gain those levels naturally or not.
I'd say it's best to not level too much, just because you can always do so later when it's time, but overlevelling now will kill the fun unless you're into that or are fine with downleveling for self-imposed challenges.
Of course resetting library points will be a bit more complicated too.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #974 on: November 21, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »
It seems that in rev.D that using the Rest command doesn't just expend 2 TP to gain some MP; it makes every character continue to expend TP for MP until they run out of TP or get full MP...

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #975 on: November 22, 2016, 01:19:57 AM »
It seems that in rev.D that using the Rest command doesn't just expend 2 TP to gain some MP; it makes every character continue to expend TP for MP until they run out of TP or get full MP...
From my recollection, it's been like that even in the base Labyrinth of Touhou 2 game.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #976 on: November 22, 2016, 02:07:35 AM »
I'm done with the main game, but since I don't know anything the postgame from even the product version, I'd like to ask about the rough ordering I should be doing things, and roughly what level should I be at for them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #977 on: November 22, 2016, 03:27:28 AM »
Hmm, it's been awhile. Let's see.

- V2 bosses. These scale up in level/power similarly to how they were in the maingame, aka the ones on the first stratum are the weakest, etc. I think they go from like 105 to 150ish? You need to kill some of these in order to get past rocks in various places, in any case. (edit:It caps at 136 but the v2 dark magatama is total BS unless you have a full party of only def/mnd ignoring attackers- you'll probably need 150+ to beat that)
- Boss Rush. There's a v2 of it, but obviously that's for later. I don't recall the level you should need for it, but keep in mind you have to face the 3 orbs near the end, at the least... I don't recall if you have to redo the final boss. It's all in one battle unlike LoT1 which had talk scenes inbetween fights. As expected, round 1 isn't very hard, but round 2...
- Extra floor sections starting from where you fought Tenshi in the desert stratum iirc? You can start tackling this around lv130 but extra levels don't hurt; especially if you'd like to recruit Renko/Mari first. This will lead to the 4 postgame bosses, which are your main goal.
- The three "weird" bosses, to unlock Maribel/Renko. The first one can be -incredibly- tough or fairly doable depending on your party comp, but in any case, the later two require beating the first and finishing all of the v2 bosses first, so you'll be able to beat them before they're even accessible. Renko is in the inaccessible area of 16f after, and after that, Maribel is close to the top corner of 11f.

For the most part you should grind on 20f depths until you're at least lv130 and then maybe start checking things out, but extra really doesn't hurt. You need to get closer to 180 to finish everything, but of course, you get a good chunk of levels exploring the extra floor sections too. I just went ahead and ground on 20F until I was able to beat all the V2s and the weird bosses for renko/mari.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:10:12 PM by Serela »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #978 on: November 22, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »
I apologize for interrupting everyone, but I have started a new thread for the sake of not hitting 1000 posts here...

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20421.0.html

Again, sorry for jumping on this a bit early...