Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 15F  (Read 296839 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 15F
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »
Just did Hibachi-sama ver 2 at levels 280~320. Should I consider this a low level victory?
Yuka 274, Okuu 276, Kanako 281, Eirin 291, Keine 301, Maribel 307, Renko 313, Sakuya 316, Sanae 320, Wriggle 329, Cirno 335, Rumia 339, to be exact.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:47:37 PM by Ryin »

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »
I've beaten the final boss with Calamity Four! Probably was way too strong, Gambler Parsee took almost 0 damage from everything.

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2015, 12:30:58 AM »
what about ran?  :V with so many good buffers in LoT2, her buffs being expensive, and she isnt exactly a good attacker, what is she used for?

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2015, 04:29:11 AM »
what about ran?  :V with so many good buffers in LoT2, her buffs being expensive, and she isnt exactly a good attacker, what is she used for?
What she was always used for. Only this time, they made it more streamlined and "easier".

Her gimmick has always been to be able to buff up the backline without putting them in danger. Give her defensive stats and MP / MP Recovery, along with Expansion of Consciousness and Cooling Down, and she'll be relatively self sufficient only needing someone else to heal her. And with Yakumo Clan and Ability to use Shikigamis, pairing her up with an offensive Yukari and Chen isn't far fetched at all.

The reason why "easier" is in quotation marks is because there's more of an upper limit to how much MP you can have unlike in LoT1, where there was no true max SP limit save for possibly some 32 bit integer limit I haven't heard anyone complain about. On the other hand, they have given her tools to make better use of her turns spent using Concentrate so its debatable whether or not she got nerfed or buffed in regards to her gimmick.

Her buffs are cheaper than Keine's as far as efficiency is concerned (though that's not really saying much) at the cost of a longer delay. Which is completely fair given that those buffs can be made to hit the backline members as well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:46:07 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2015, 09:00:46 AM »
Her buffs are cheaper than Keine's as far as efficiency is concerned (though that's not really saying much) at the cost of a longer delay. Which is completely fair given that those buffs can be made to hit the backline members as well.

Um...

Without Ran's gimmick, her buffs are strictly worse than Keine's due to both delay and how much they can be boosted via level up(Ran's 2% compared to Keine's 3%).
However, with said gimmick, she actually is the only person who can heal people in reserve directly with Heart of Prayers(8% HP at max level to said skill), which isn't much, but can help.
Also, Ran can turn Chen into a Chensaw(pun intended) with her "Ability to Use Shikigamis" skill.

Two questions: Can the buff from "Ability to Use Shikigamis" be powered up by the Enhanced Buffing? And can Heart of Prayers cause it to actually heal Chen(not that that's worth much of anything, given Chen's frailty, but still...)?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »
Um...

Without Ran's gimmick, her buffs are strictly worse than Keine's due to both delay and how much they can be boosted via level up(Ran's 2% compared to Keine's 3%).
However, with said gimmick, she actually is the only person who can heal people in reserve directly with Heart of Prayers(8% HP at max level to said skill), which isn't much, but can help.
Also, Ran can turn Chen into a Chensaw(pun intended) with her "Ability to Use Shikigamis" skill.

Two questions: Can the buff from "Ability to Use Shikigamis" be powered up by the Enhanced Buffing? And can Heart of Prayers cause it to actually heal Chen(not that that's worth much of anything, given Chen's frailty, but still...)?
I misread the scaling on Ran's buffs somehow, but its only a 4% difference at max level in favor of Keine's so not too big a deal.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »

I have checked it. No to both questions.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2015, 11:36:43 PM »
I misread the scaling on Ran's buffs somehow, but its only a 4% difference at max level in favor of Keine's so not too big a deal.

True, said difference isn't so bad. It's the delay that makes it worse than Keine's, at least without Ran's gimmick.

I have checked it. No to both questions.

Ahh, I see. I guess that that would make sense, seeing as boosting a 66% buff in everything(including ACC and EVA) like that would be kind of crazy. Still, I would be happier if Chen had Piercing Attack, as that would make her DPS more consistent, and thus make this very buff create a truly devastating Chensaw.

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2015, 02:12:09 AM »
I found rans buffs to be way more useful in lot1 than 2 personally for a few reasons.

1: 1 had less buffs in general. Not only do more characters buff in 2, but there is the subclass, and many characters now have lassive self buffs like majesty or something.

2: sp recovery in 1 is way faster than 2. In 2 if your characters are in the back 8 they dont recover sp nearly as fast as if they were up front spammjng concentrate. So wfter using ran to buff and swappjng out. Shed have plenty of sp again just a few rounds later.

3: ran can take a hit in 2, but in 1 she seemed capable enough to even slot 1 tank for awhile, allowing you to spam buffs safely.

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »
Does quartz charm work with nitori/renko mainteniance? like, instead of 20% effects, its 40%?

jaxter0987

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2015, 09:12:37 PM »
Does quartz charm work with nitori/renko mainteniance? like, instead of 20% effects, its 40%?
I think it does, but its kind of hard to prove. And by hard I mean annoying since there's so much variance in damage in this game.

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2015, 11:04:22 PM »
No Quartz Charm 2479 2127 2206 2425 2054 2406 2113 2320 2343 2327 2263 2195
Quartz Charm 2817 2620 2926 2544 2814 2839 2855 2503 2937 2779
Quartz Charm + Maintenance 2497 2683 2476 2721 2811 2642 2683 2675 2710 2465 2792 2653 2989 2937
You'd expect numbers that break 3000 damage if that extra effect was affected by maintenance. I'd assume any effect not directly related to increasing stats doesn't work with Maintenance (which is what should be expected, I believe).

3: ran can take a hit in 2, but in 1 she seemed capable enough to even slot 1 tank for awhile, allowing you to spam buffs safely.
She has 14/8/10 defenses. Full DEF Ran has quite enough to be a great slot 1 tank for the entire main game and some of the post game. The only reason she stops being very effective is the fact  she has a 116 level up difficulty, which will make her defense kinda sorta subpar and the just ok base will make it so it's hard to just fix it with equipments and library levels. Her defense library levels are also not expensive but not the cheapest, either.
Still a great slot 2 character, though.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2015, 08:24:45 PM »
Any more info on the coming LoT2 expansion?

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
  • Dreams are your hidden futures.
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2015, 10:11:36 PM »
I just checked the page of the creators of Lot2 and i found these ;3. Not sure if someone from here already knows....

Well with that we know 4 characters portraits ;3
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:24:40 PM by Totalheartsboy »

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »
I just checked the page of the creators of Lot2 and i found these ;3. Not sure if someone from here already know....

Well with that we know 4 characters portraits ;3

Thanks for finding this :3

Can't wait till we see Miko (and the other new characters)  :getdown:

« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2015, 11:47:37 PM »
Those two portraits are from last year, I believe... So yeah, we haven't had exciting news for a while. There were some screenshots of the trial version somewhere in the last(?) thread with some other characters.
Really hoping for a miracle and it getting released in this comiket. But that's unlikely.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2015, 01:18:51 AM »
Does anyone think that
Spoiler:
Ame-no-Murakumo
will be playable in the expansion? In LoT1,
Spoiler:
Maribel
, who was the final boss of the game, is made playable when the expansion comes out. Also, the patterns in both LoT1 and LoT2 are almost the same. (Boss Rush, Postgame) so it makes sense that the sword would do too.

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2015, 01:29:07 AM »
Is there any way around the rock on 9F Extra? When I reached it, it said something about debugging and then LoT2 stopped working.
My 9F Extra progress is now gone whyyyyy  :qq: :qq:

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2015, 03:08:13 AM »
Is there any way around the rock on 9F Extra? When I reached it, it said something about debugging and then LoT2 stopped working.
My 9F Extra progress is now gone whyyyyy  :qq: :qq:

I think you encountered the bug of the rocks 9F and 14F Extra.
Here's a possibly solution for that bug: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Bugs
Just scroll to the bottom.

Those two portraits are from last year, I believe... So yeah, we haven't had exciting news for a while. There were some screenshots of the trial version somewhere in the last(?) thread with some other characters.
Really hoping for a miracle and it getting released in this comiket. But that's unlikely.

Are you possibly refering to this one? http://i.imgur.com/YtEenTx.jpg

And when is the next Comiket? in winter? I really hope that Lot2 Sp. Disk gets released ;x

About the 12 characters left i think its a bit simple to guess who are they.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2015, 03:34:13 AM »
So we got 4 characters so far. Koishi, Mamizou, Shou, Futo and Kokoro (apparently). Wonder who could the other 7 be...

Also, if I remember correctly the creators said something about unlimited floors. Hope that's true. I would love that.

Then, about the release. Hope it is either the next Reitaisai or Comiket. :3

EDIT: One more thing. That enemy name's Rotten Golem. It makes me think of Seiga for some reason...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:41:18 AM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »
I think you encountered the bug of the rocks 9F and 14F Extra.
Here's a possibly solution for that bug: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Bugs
Just scroll to the bottom.

And when is the next Comiket? in winter? I really hope that Lot2 Sp. Disk gets released ;x

About the 12 characters left i think its a bit simple to guess who are they.

Comiket is at the end of the year; probably dec 29-31 (I don't have the exact dates). Given that that's a month off, and there haven't been any updates on his blog for a year and a half (longer?), I don't think it's very likely it will come out.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
He mentioned on his twitter that he'd be going quiet on it for a while, I think? In order to buckle down and get things done.

Since he hasn't mentioned anything about showing up at Comiket, though, I think he's skipping it. Looks like we have to hope for Reitaisai or C90...

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2015, 10:11:25 PM »
Yup, exactly.

Also: I just beat Serpent of Chaos with people below lv 400 on my team.
Offensive Sakuya outperforms Nitori at this point =w=
And no, she's not overlevelled in Library levels.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2015, 05:08:24 AM »
He mentioned on his twitter that he'd be going quiet on it for a while, I think? In order to buckle down and get things done.

Since he hasn't mentioned anything about showing up at Comiket, though, I think he's skipping it. Looks like we have to hope for Reitaisai or C90...
The circle's not listed in the official catalog for C89, so yea, we gotta keep waiting and hoping
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2015, 01:55:11 AM »

Calamity Four Run is over! Beat everything in the game. That was pretty fun.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2015, 02:26:58 AM »
Is it possible to hack/cheat/whatever lot1 (and 2 I guess but I only want to with 1 atm) so that you can have multiples of the same character somehow? I'td be interesting to have a run with like 1 atk-build remi and 1 def-build remi.

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2015, 10:00:11 PM »
Is it possible to hack/cheat/whatever lot1 (and 2 I guess but I only want to with 1 atm) so that you can have multiples of the same character somehow? I'td be interesting to have a run with like 1 atk-build remi and 1 def-build remi.

I wonder that too, also it is possible to alter the enemies stats ;/ ?
I also wonder if someone here knows how to open the img1.dxa and img2.dxa files of Lot2 since im pretty sure that there are the picture files of characters and enemies.
Because i want some of the pics ;x.

Btw no one has discovered a way to found a secret way in the 9F floor extra? Where those items are unreacheable.

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2015, 10:15:30 PM »
I believe both changing enemy stats and editing player characters will require .exe modification, which I'm not sure if I'm able to do.
But ripping images is trivial and this program does it for you.
I think I can make a mod to make the ver 1 & 2 soundtracks the default ones, though. I think somebody in these threads would like that.

Tea Devil

• wowee!! ♥
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »
Btw no one has discovered a way to found a secret way in the 9F floor extra? Where those items are unreachable.

The maps in this game are actually just text files, so it's easy to edit them. You just need to put a # to form a path.

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2015, 10:56:53 PM »
Because i want some of the pics ;x.

Btw no one has discovered a way to found a secret way in the 9F floor extra? Where those items are unreacheable.

What did you want?

And no, you cannot get to that unreachable item. Not without cheat engine - which someone used, and discovered that the item isn't even particularly rare. I forget exactly what it was, but I'm pretty sure it was just something you can get easily enough from another source.

Change the portraits to be the same. Change the stats to be the same. Change the spellcards to be the same. Change the names to be the name (or, at least, really similar, so you can tell them apart still). And in LoT2, also change the skills to be the same. That's really all characters are: a portrait, a name, and a bunch of numbers.

EthanSilver had some info on doing this in LoT1 IIRC. Maybe 2 as well. You're probably on your own in actually doing it, though.