Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 320427 times)

Kanako Yasaka

Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 03:54:50 AM »
Part of a quote was saying the dreams express __________

I read it as Dream Express. -.-; I misread that stuff a lot.

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 03:57:13 AM »
Whistling touhou musics everywhere. Nobody knows what it is. Fun fun fun.
I can't whistle, so I'm stuck humming it.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 05:45:45 AM »
How can this be?

Xia Hou Dun in Dynasty Warrior six quoted:

"This battle is like witnessing an attempt to retrieve an impossible request! I am better off shooting down the sun while I am at it"

LOL, Three Kingdoms quoting a later date story of Kaguya.

The latter is a story on the hero who shot down 9 suns to save the people of earth very long time ago.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 05:46:26 AM »
I just saw some commentary on cracked.com about the writing of A Clockwork Orange; said commentary contained "USA! USA! USA!" I thought, "Usa! Usa! Usa!"

Easy Mode

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 05:57:51 AM »
So at my school, it's the little chitlin 8th graders turn to run for honors officers and SBOs. One kid, whom I had absolutely no idea was -I'm a ninth grader, but I've got a lot of 8th grader friends. They were pretty chill last year- but his signs were a little joke on that whole Staples or whatever ''That was easy.'' thing. Upon seeing it, I grabbed my little chitlin buddy Tarica's sharpie, took off the lid, and scribbled ''mode'' right after the word ''easy''. Tarica's into Touhou, too. Not as much as I am, though. Bailey update! This week she's Minoriko. It's so cute. Last week she was Alice and kept calling our mom ''Mama Shinki''.

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 06:38:27 AM »
I grabbed my little chitlin buddy Tarica's sharpie, took off the lid, and scribbled ''mode'' right after the word ''easy''.
you know you're addicted to yourself when...

When you don't get a list of songs stuck in your head but one. Only one. And it stays there for a week. And it drives you insane because you can't hum all the other touhou songs in your head because that one is in the way and you can't get rid of it but then you think it's alright because it's a touhou song anyways.

Easy Mode

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 06:42:31 AM »
For me, it would be Because Princess Whats-her-nugget Is Scolding Me. The song won't go away. At all. For the past few days.

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
I've had Mokou's theme, specifically 2:03 - 2:15 brass section, in my head for around a month.
Though that might be because I was trying to remember what theme it was, and never having played Imperishable Nights.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 08:10:41 AM »
For me, that Cirno Tokimeki song.  They need to make a full-length version of it. =/

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 03:45:58 PM »
I run the entire soundtracks of games through my head to pass time at work. Well ... just the stage and boss themes, anyway.

I have determined that, for Perfect Cherry Blossom, it'd be 3 minutes and 45 seconds per song for all eight stages (stage 1-6, then Extra and Phantasm) to fill up an hour.

I also did Imperishable Night, and added the themes for the other playable characters. And Kaguya/Eirin's Last Spell theme. And the title screen. 24 songs, two and a half minutes each, that hour is dead.

Oh yeah -- I saw ATI and thought "atai."

Volt

• Patchy's personal Mech~
  • Dreaming of life-- After the war!~
    • VOLTFEST fan club~
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 04:24:26 PM »
When you have a pet Parrot that won't shut up and you named it Cirno.
And now for the generic signature text.

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 02:37:45 AM »
..you like to see Touhou being mentioned in some TV Tropes' articles (and doesn't like how the Watatsuki sisters are described as being disliked/dislikable, if one considers how the 'heroines' -- the three stooges plus Remi -- weren't supposed to win, at least not so easily)

...and you smile when someone else remembers characters from PC-98 (and of course, my favorite..)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrotherChuck (just Ctrl+F 'Touhou' :D)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 04:12:28 AM »
I randomly imagine Touhou characters (mostly Marisa and Alice) in whatever situation I'm in at the moment. Like ... at work, I was at a sort of meeting of everyone on second shift, and I was sitting on the floor, and I randomly imagined Marisa in my position. With Alice's head in her lap. :x

EDIT: Also:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:45:17 AM by KimikoMuffin »

Young Demon Lord

• Banned
  • Bye!
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 06:08:34 AM »
They really, really have to stop running those commercials for that "Lyrica" medicine....
An array of angled lasers and bubble waves.
The only problem is that your hitbox is so small....

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 06:14:04 AM »
They really, really have to stop running those commercials for that "Lyrica" medicine....
Hahahah, damn, I hadn't made that connection.

Um, if I'm tired enough, I see bullet patterns when I blink.  At least I'm not reflexively reacting to them yet.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 06:15:52 AM »
Um, if I'm tired enough, I see bullet patterns when I blink.  At least I'm not reflexively reacting to them yet.

That's always fun.  My first night after winter break, I threw myself into a danmaku-induced migraine in my sleep because of all the Touhou I'd played for 3 weeks straight.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 06:17:37 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Once you hit lunatic, this becomes an everyday occurence (well, after long hours of danmaku). It was really bad when I got addicted to Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine though.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Adun

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 06:21:08 AM »
'Lunatic' always makes me think Touhou instead of the actual word.
God help me.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 07:29:34 AM »
'Lunatic' always makes me think Touhou instead of the actual word.
God help me.

Likewise.

And . . .

You know you're addicted to Touhou [and Monty Python] when "The Killer Rabbit" brings up an image of a certain pair of red eyes in one's mind's eye.

Bonus points if it actually comes up as the effect from Imperishable Night rather than [just] Reisen. Even more if it almost seems like your vision becomes rose-tinted.

Of course, at that point you just might be lunatic yourself, but I'm sure that's not a [serious] side-effect of Touhou, is it? ^_^
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Adun

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 07:44:14 AM »
Oh god now I'm seeing bullet patterns.

I just spent 3 hours+ in EoSD Lunatic. Or I must have lost track of time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:46:08 AM by Adun »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
The latter is a story on the hero who shot down 9 suns to save the people of earth very long time ago.
Isn't that what inspired Utsuho's [Ten Evil Stars] card?

- I am seriously considering wearing the Reisen jacket/shirt/tie combo for senior prom. Fortunately, I've decided against the miniskirt and bunny ears for now.

- I have an ambition to somehow get hold of a green cap with a wisp design on front. A cap-pa, if you will.
...I thought the pun was clever. >_>

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »
all you do is listen to Touhou music, watch Touhou fan videos or play Touhou and join the website in the first place. :)
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
- I have an ambition to somehow get hold of a green cap with a wisp design on front. A cap-pa, if you will.
...I thought the pun was clever. >_>
I approve. |3

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl sounds to me a song about Lunarians.

Since I have the hots for Yorihime I think of her as

"ON THAT DANCEFLOOR SHE WAS LANDING
IT WAS CLEAR THAT SHE WAS FROM THE MOON"

Isn't that what inspired Utsuho's [Ten Evil Stars] card?

Oh yes it seems so.
The heroic story can be found here

http://www.mysteriouschina.com/chinese-myth-legend-3-hou-yi-shot-the-sun/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:45:28 PM by A-F »
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »
I randomly decided to play my old Animal Crossing DS game, and one of the characters said "(Patchouli, ew.)"

deslar`ris

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 04:21:58 PM »
...you attempt to compare Touhou to Seinfield. This is what I have so far:

Hakurei Shrine <-> Jerry's apartment
Reimu <-> Jerry
Suika <-> Kramer

And I got stuck here. See, Marisa could be either Elaine or George, since they both visit often. But the problem with George is that he has horrible luck. Maybe Alice as George? I don't know... Any help?

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »
I think you should stop.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »
...you attempt to compare Touhou to Seinfield.

Putting Touhou in the form of a third-rate sitcom has already been done.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »

Maybe Alice as George?

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ALICE?

YOU SINNER, YOU SHALL  BURN IN A FIRE AND DIE

I mean, c'mon, that loser?

Alice let Elaine by Alice. (not that I want anyone else to be George...) except maybe Rinnosuke.

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 10:46:52 PM »
... when you listen to Star Fox music and imagine a SSBB remix of Mystic Square's stage 3 theme.