Author Topic: Sword Quest XI - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 57813 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Sword Quest XI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: October 21, 2015, 11:48:27 PM »

>You are Youmu Konpaku, Hakugyokurou?s finest half-ghost!
>Yours is a life at once placid and harried. On one hand, few places are really as peaceful as Hakugyokorou, and it is very easy to take life at your own pace. On the other hand, you are also the retainer of Lady Saigyouji, which can be quite hectic sometimes. While you would never say she is a cruel or unfair master, there are times when she can ask a lot from you. Or when her guests can be a royal pain. As well, you can sometimes have your hands full dealing with Hakugyokurou itself; being an estate the size of a city, sometimes it is difficult to organize proper maintenance.Still, you wouldn?t trade it for anything.
>You are a student of the Konpaku School of swordplay; presently the only one that you know of. When you can find the time, and have the energy, you focus on perfecting your art and pushing yourself further and further into it. Yuyuko sometimes jokes that you are a bit obsessed, but you feel that it is something you must do. And you?re not that obsessed... You also take a lot of joy in gardening, and you would like to think that Hakugyokurou is that much brighter for your devotion to it.
>As a half-ghost, you are privileged to have one foot within the netherworld, so to speak. While most people see ghosts as simple white blobs, you can see them as the people they are, and communicate with them. You have a tendency to favor uncomplicated answers to problems, and this sometimes leads you to be impatient. You?re trying to learn from that, though! You do sometimes have a tendency to get lost with regards to complicated things; particularly if Yuyuko herself happens to be involved. She can talk circles around you when she feels like it. As much as you hate to admit it, she is frequently right whenever the two of you disagree, so you try to have faith in her.
>You have been asked by Yuyuko to find a group of five people to act in a play she has written: One who is very tall, one who is medium-sized with red hair, one who does NOT have black hair,  one who is in really good shape, and one who is Reimu. This lead you to Gensokyo, where you encountered a reclusive by the name of Meira, who claimed to have descended from the hereditary rulers of this land. You appraised some swords for her and received a little money for it before continuing on your way to the human village. There, you managed to convince Byakuren to consider joining the play, and were quickly roped into hunting a missing satori by the name of Koishi. With a bit of diligence and luck, you were able to track her down despite her tricks, and managed to make contact with her! In the process, however, you found that the aura of death clings strongly to her, and quickly deduced that she was not far from death. With the assistance of Utsuho and Parsee, you managed to convince her to return with you to the Netherworld. Yuyuko was happy to look over Koishi, and equally happy to declare she was dying from her mind degrading due to her attempts to completely shut out her nature. While trying to make Koishi comfortable with the idea of taking steps toward recovery, you were disturbed by Seiga breaking into Hakugyokurou and ultimately robbing the Saigyou Ayakashi of its essence, leaving the tree to begin to die. You were unable to halt her escape, and while you did capture her Jiangshi servant, you had few leads.
>You decided to tell Reimu about things, and then managed to talk her down from getting involved. Yukari was there as well, and you managed to convince her to investigate the Saigyou Ayakashi and take care of matters at home. Afterward, you met with Marisa, and she agreed to look into the the old mausoleum and meet back up with you in town, while you followed a path that Miko traced out, first heading to Eientei, then underground. You manage to meet with Miko at the entrance, and learned of her story and difficulties she had. You then went underground and confirmed that Nue did not have Miko's sword. You then visited the Palace of the Earth Spirits and toward them about Koishi, and learned of Satori's own difficulties. On the way out, you got drawn into a difficult duel with an oni, which you managed to win rather elegantly and received some kind of box from her. From there, you went back to Hakgyokurou, only to learn the Prismrivers had detained Miko.
>Once home, you learned a bit more about the tree's situation, and updated your underground guests on what happened. This lead to some trouble, as Koishi ran and presumably hid before you could bring Miko to her. After attempting to find her and realizing it was futile, you departed once more for the human village, to confirm Byakuren for the play. She was gone, but you met a curious woman named Kotohime who seemed determined to arrest you, before becoming fascinated with your ghost half. She agreed to be in the play without preamble, and showed you her home. She seems to be determined to follow you as well, as you went about your business. You met with Miko, and investigated the idea that Yuuka might be involved with things after confirming she has some mind of partner.
>It turned out you were half right. It seems that Yuuka did entertain Seiga for a time, before growing tired of her and Seiga moving on. You searched around the major northern areas of Gensokyo, hoping to find some evidence of Seiga's whereabouts, with little luck. All you were able to find was that she was seen leading a horse toward the nearby woods earlier. Playing on a hunch, you made your way toward Meira's home and found that she and her recently-acquired horse were gone. You returned to the Hakurei Shrine in hopes of learning more from Miko, and found that you beat her to the punch. So you returned to investigate further, and found little other than a few straw dummies had seen recent use and that you think she may have left behind the sword she was wearing. Returning again, you had a brief conversation with Miko's followers before Miko herself returned, and confirmed that Meira is working with Seiga, on some plot to try and unify the humans of Gensokyo. On Reimu's urging, you've flown toward the Sanzu River to try and stop her. Finding her near the banks, you tried to talk her down, and the situation quickly deteriorated. 
>The battle was long and hard, but you finally managed to defeat her. However, without a way to remove the Saigyou Ayakoashi's lifeforce, you were forced to rely on Miko's expertise. You, Miko, and several others make your back to the tree itself, and soon it Meira was freed of the tree's life force. You have since seen Miko away, then went to visit Yoshika once more, Kotohime tagging along behind.

> "Not usually, and it is my hope that we will not be here for much longer. But simply leaving her there in the ground feels a little inhumane."

>"Oh, I thought she was always here," says Kotohime, as she picks a cherry from the nearby try, and drops it into the jiangshi's waiting mouth.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sword Quest XI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »
> "No, she is the servant of the one who caused all of today's mess."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 01:06:21 AM »
> "No, she is the servant of the one who caused all of today's mess."

>"Are you hoping to grow more of them?" Kotohime says, as she prepares another cherry.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 01:19:19 AM »
> "One is quite enough."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 02:34:00 AM »
> "One is quite enough."

>"Oh, that's good," says Kotohime. "I don't think that planting one would work."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 02:41:30 AM »
> "Indeed."
> Get comfy on the ground behind Yoshika.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »
> "Indeed."
> Get comfy on the ground behind Yoshika.

>"Heeeeey, what're you doin' back there?" says Yoshika, as you take a seat behind her. She very nearly misses the cherry that Kotohime drops.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 02:58:30 AM »
> "Waiting for Seiga to arrive."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 06:48:14 AM »
> "Waiting for Seiga to arrive."

"Maaaaaster is back there?" the jiang shi says. "Speeeeeak to me!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »
> How exactly is Yoshika buried?
> How difficult would it be to dig her up?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 09:51:45 AM »
> How exactly is Yoshika buried?
> How difficult would it be to dig her up?

>You can't really see, she is buried up to her neck. But taking a closer look, the turf is not disturbed, which suggests this is Yukari's work.
>You would have to be careful not to hit her with the shovel blade, at least, so it will take some time. With luck, she'll be able to help after you free her arms.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »
> "She is not here, no. I am waiting for her to arrive and retrieve you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 11:57:03 AM »
> "She is not here, no. I am waiting for her to arrive and retrieve you."

>"It might be awhile," says Kotohime. "Does she know to come here?"
>"Rats,"  says the jiang shi.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
> "I assume so. This is where she left Yoshika. But you may be right. It might be easier to dig her up and take her home myself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »
> "I assume so. This is where she left Yoshika. But you may be right. It might be easier to dig her up and take her home myself."

>"But I'm suuuuupposed to meet Master at the graveyaaaaard!" Yoshika says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »
> "Oh, really? That makes things easy, then. I'll just go meet her at the graveyard myself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 09:36:48 PM »
> "Oh, really? That makes things easy, then. I'll just go meet her at the graveyard myself."

>"Okaaaay," says Yoshika.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 11:10:06 PM »
> Youmu: Look to Kotohime. "There are no guarantees on how long this will take. Are you planning on tagging along again, or will you return home?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 11:43:24 PM »
> Youmu: Look to Kotohime. "There are no guarantees on how long this will take. Are you planning on tagging along again, or will you return home?"

>"Well, uh, I'll come along if you don't mind," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 12:37:47 AM »
> Nod. "Very well." Stand back up. "Let us head to the graveyard."
> Head back out of the Netherworld, still avoiding Reimu, and toward the Human Village.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 01:18:40 AM »
> Nod. "Very well." Stand back up. "Let us head to the graveyard."
> Head back out of the Netherworld, still avoiding Reimu, and toward the Human Village.

>You set out, Kotohime following behind.
>ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD: Miko
>Traveling back toward the Hakurei Shrine, you are pleased to see the faeries have greatly calmed down from before. While there are still some roving bands and some danmaku in the air, it is trivial to avoid at this point. Returning to the shrine, you find that Tojiko is still on the porch, and seems to be speaking with a new person. This one is clearly an oni, short with long dark blonde hair, and a pair of impressively large horns. The little oni gives a belly laugh as you land, though she doesn't seem to have noticed you. Tojiko waves.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 01:42:04 AM »
> Return the wave.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 01:46:16 AM »
> Return the wave.

>The oni looks back, then says "She ain't 'ere!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 01:54:16 AM »
> "Indeed. I just departed from the location where she is presently working."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 02:13:45 AM »
> "Indeed. I just departed from the location where she is presently working."

>"Oh," says the oni. "Probably doesn't want you goin' through 'er stuff, then."
>"Welcome back, Crown Prince," says Tojiko. "Did everything go well?"

>_
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:50:02 AM by Sivrup »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 02:20:34 AM »
> "Yes, she is presently performing a purifying ritual and needs to not be disturbed."
> Look to Tojiko and smile. "It did indeed. All has been resolved. How was your time here?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 03:50:58 AM »
> "Yes, she is presently performing a purifying ritual and needs to not be disturbed."
> Look to Tojiko and smile. "It did indeed. All has been resolved. How was your time here?"

>"I can't complain," says Tojiko. "Miss Ibuki isn't bad company. Futo's doing a lot better."
>Futo, you note, hasn't moved or seem to have woken up, but she definitely looks much better than before.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 10:03:17 AM »
> Nod.
> "Very good. I am pleased to see and hear this."
> Look toward the oni.
> "Miss Ibuki, then? I do not believe we have met. I am Toyosatomimi no Miko, a simple Taoist hermit.l"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 11:06:35 AM »
> Nod.
> "Very good. I am pleased to see and hear this."
> Look toward the oni.
> "Miss Ibuki, then? I do not believe we have met. I am Toyosatomimi no Miko, a simple Taoist hermit.l"

>"I'm Suika, I live 'ere." replies the oni. "Guessin' your with the ghost, right?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »
> "I am, yes. I did not realize anyone else lived here, though. My apologies for intruding upon your home."