Author Topic: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta is over! So what did we learn?  (Read 42841 times)

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta Oct 27 - Nov 25
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 07:36:22 AM »
After another day of playing, I'm enjoying the game. The quest line is pretty linear at the moment, but I hear there is a much greater of variety of things to do later, primarily dungeons. Combat feels fine if a little brainless at the start because trash mobs die easily enough, especially at range from an Archer. And quests are kinda ho hum and sometimes very easy to deal with since you can Backspace back to the quest giver when it's done. I see people requesting full parties for the lvl 50 dungeon so I have hope for the increase in difficulty for the game. Currently lvl 29 Archer Circle 2.

I also got a Specter Monarch card, but I can't see what the card itself does. I assume you can enchant equipment with it like using gems?

[attach=1]
Random screenshot of me crafting an item which I have called Da Bangle. Also, hand over your virgin imoutos.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 09:24:18 AM »
Bosses are pretty big damage sponges when you solo them.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
I'm in the chapel, and that's when things start to hurt.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
Gloves only give accuracy as a main stat?
That's kind of trash if so since magic benefits in no way from it.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 05:19:23 PM »
Gloves only give accuracy as a main stat?
That's kind of trash if so since magic benefits in no way from it.
Gloves can be socketing fodder. Blue gems increase sp recovery on gloves.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2015, 07:26:06 PM »
Wow the lag is so real and one of the quests are broken not even the BR hate shouts are giving any help here.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »
About those scrolling shout at the top, you can turn that off.
[attach=1]

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2015, 01:16:13 AM »
Playing this with a couple of friends. The lag is as fuckin' real as the incessant BR spam, yo.

Currently playing a priest, but I'm trying to figure out what would make the best support build overall. I like all of my offensive options, but I have to sacrifice a lot to properly use them...

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2015, 05:49:27 AM »
BR server confirmed.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 02:05:22 AM »
For a low level priest as such as myself I can hold my own at the Chapel thanks to the defense debuffs for priest and cleric however, I think I need a party to keep me well on my toes though.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:17:12 AM by MewMewHeart »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 03:28:58 AM »
rank 3 reached

chapel needs to chill it's mob levels hard

i guess this is where i decide between tri-ranger silliness and dogs

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 03:51:31 AM »
The road to rank 4 is a long one. As much as I like cryo, I think I'll go pyro in the final release if skills stay the same. They are great for farming.

Chaore

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2015, 04:42:38 AM »
full release i might switch to a sword class

archer is fun for the beginning but is far too squishy for shit like chapel, where you're shoved into piles of monsters

Kiro

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 05:35:26 AM »
archer is fun for the beginning but is far too squishy for shit like chapel, where you're shoved into piles of monsters

I'm sorta feeling that too and I've been soloing, but if you can get a dedicated party/guild on Live, it shouldn't be too bad. It feels bad that Archers pretty much all need to Multishot to get by. But by the endgame, consistent ranged DPS is almost always at the top with this kind of combat system.

Also, I just advanced to Sapper though and I'm hoping it makes mobbing more rewarding with Claymore traps. Because it's also expensive in the level 40 range, 300 silver per trap.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2015, 07:35:09 AM »
I normally take beta testing seriously, and play to test as much as play..but.. I've been waiting for Trails in the sky SC for years after the most agonizing cliffhanger in my effing life...I wanna play this game, I wanna support it..but I can't.. sc.. I can't... took much willpower to post this, back to SC!

Chaore

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »
I'm sorta feeling that too and I've been soloing, but if you can get a dedicated party/guild on Live, it shouldn't be too bad. It feels bad that Archers pretty much all need to Multishot to get by. But by the endgame, consistent ranged DPS is almost always at the top with this kind of combat system.

Also, I just advanced to Sapper though and I'm hoping it makes mobbing more rewarding with Claymore traps. Because it's also expensive in the level 40 range, 300 silver per trap.

I'm not convinced of that ultimately, really. Archers squishyness means they're forced to move more than a swordsman, so the swordsman can be more consistent, especially with someone healing them.

We're supposed to work by being out of the way, but... It's really hard to be out of the way with high mob-density, and bosses that are starting to fire off attacks near-instantly.

Swordsmen might honestly be better DPS.

Stuff like Multi-shot being our best DPS moves and the like will be solved by better skills, like bodkin points etc. But i'm not sure how much that will be.

Well, we can actually always hop on bird, but falconer's skill set looks like it requires a bunch of stuff in non-damaging skills.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
I might stay Priest class then switch to Oracle after a while. Holy mini DPS is fun with cure.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2015, 04:18:51 PM »
I'm quite enamored by the cleric classes I've played so far. I can heal and do respectable DPS and crowd control all while bring a big tank. And I'm a lv 5x Priest. I dueled a level 70 Ranger and uh...

kinda kicked her ass really hard. Priest strong.

Chaore

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »
...swordsmen actually have better  buff potential across the board too

game is rigged, plz buff archers :v

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2015, 07:19:19 PM »
Game as balance issues across the board. Pyromance also is god of farming. Why didn't I join the pyro master class?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2015, 02:52:33 AM »
It's actually pretty strange that the whole cleric series as a whole is more offensive than support, it feels-- but after going Priest there really are no classes after it that can support it very well:

Pardoner has very little to offer that isn't money-oriented, which would be fine for a dedicated build specifically for that, but without knowing what spells would be best to craft and sell, it doesn't seem worth it, especially not on a beta.
Krivis would be an okay match with Priest as it has a couple of nice buffs and a buff extender ability, but it feels weird just running two Rank 2 classes and that's it.
Bokors are completely broken and in a bad way, I have heard. People are saying the summon AI is dumb as shit.
Dievdirby might be okay, but they seem pretty meh overall?
Sadhu is a potential option, but I'm not entirely sure how they work.
Paladin is also a potential option, but it doesn't go with Priest very well, it seems-- unless I lean toward magic use?
Monks seem fantastic, but I'd have to ditch my INT for STR, which doesn't do my Priest spells any favors.
Oracle and Druid both seem like fine final classes, but I have no idea what to put in between-- but Oracle would probably be my choice between the two due to farming funtimes.
Cleric may be okay to go back to, potentially, because Divine Might seems like an excellent skill, though.

Considering:
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-Pal-Or
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-Kri-Or
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-Sad-Or
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-C-Or

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2015, 03:33:21 AM »
It's actually pretty strange that the whole cleric series as a whole is more offensive than support, it feels-- but after going Priest there really are no classes after it that can support it very well:

Pardoner has very little to offer that isn't money-oriented, which would be fine for a dedicated build specifically for that, but without knowing what spells would be best to craft and sell, it doesn't seem worth it, especially not on a beta.
Krivis would be an okay match with Priest as it has a couple of nice buffs and a buff extender ability, but it feels weird just running two Rank 2 classes and that's it.
Bokors are completely broken and in a bad way, I have heard. People are saying the summon AI is dumb as shit.
Dievdirby might be okay, but they seem pretty meh overall?
Sadhu is a potential option, but I'm not entirely sure how they work.
Paladin is also a potential option, but it doesn't go with Priest very well, it seems-- unless I lean toward magic use?
Monks seem fantastic, but I'd have to ditch my INT for STR, which doesn't do my Priest spells any favors.
Oracle and Druid both seem like fine final classes, but I have no idea what to put in between-- but Oracle would probably be my choice between the two due to farming funtimes.
Cleric may be okay to go back to, potentially, because Divine Might seems like an excellent skill, though.

Considering:
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-Pal-Or
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-Kri-Or
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-Sad-Or
C-Pri-Pri-Pri-C-Or
I have guildies ditching STR/INT altogether in favor of CON/SPI because 1 pt of STR/INT is just 1 damage unless there's a skill multiplier. I haven't checked cleric trees if that's the case or not, but if clerics don't use multipliers using INT/STR, you could probably get away doing CON/SPI.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2015, 04:26:18 AM »
Yeah, I've been experimenting with stat builds and STR is a waste (unless you're running Monk, which I assume they find pretty awesome). I built a more STR-focused setup and it's... not impressive at all, really. I'm only doing a bit more at 67 STR than I was at 7. So it's pointless, really.

INT on the other hand seems pretty important in the case of Heals though. It determines both the damage and recovery rate of Heal and the recovery rate of Mass Heal. But honestly I could probably get by with less?

That begs the question, however, of where to go from there. There really aren't any classes other than Cleric and Priest that have a focus on CON or SPR, are there?

But for now, I'm giving a high CON/SPR setup a try.

Kiro

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2015, 05:10:19 AM »
I'm not convinced of that ultimately, really. Archers squishyness means they're forced to move more than a swordsman, so the swordsman can be more consistent, especially with someone healing them.

After playing for most of today, I am going to have to agree with you a bit. People are saying Archers were super buff in Beta 1, but they are almost certainly undertuned in Beta 2. I wouldn't mind SP costs if our Cooldowns were reasonable, but they aren't. 18 second cooldown after 2 Multishots and about 40 second cooldown after a single Claymore trap is not fun playwise. Also the Punji trap has a 3 second cast timer AND it bugs out and doesn't arm about 1/3 of the time. At least the traps feel better tuned damage wise. The idea of a viable trap spammer gives me hope learning how to play it now won't be in vain.

I'll probably make a Healing class second. Everyone should learn how to play one in these kinds of games. Also, anyone want to party anytime? Gabdja server, Level 63 Archer 2 Sapper 2. Windchrome is my team name. Also, I can't go glass cannon anymore, too many random boss affixes and Dungeon level monsters do too much damage to me (Bramble comes to mind). A little CON is going a long way though.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2015, 05:24:56 AM »
Yeah, I've been experimenting with stat builds and STR is a waste (unless you're running Monk, which I assume they find pretty awesome). I built a more STR-focused setup and it's... not impressive at all, really. I'm only doing a bit more at 67 STR than I was at 7. So it's pointless, really.

INT on the other hand seems pretty important in the case of Heals though. It determines both the damage and recovery rate of Heal and the recovery rate of Mass Heal. But honestly I could probably get by with less?

That begs the question, however, of where to go from there. There really aren't any classes other than Cleric and Priest that have a focus on CON or SPR, are there?

But for now, I'm giving a high CON/SPR setup a try.
I'm a mage and I focus SPR/CON. I run out of sp so fast even with 1600 sp and 100 recovery that it's not funny. The standing passive regen can feel like, and probably is, an eternity. On the other hand, my 4k hp is saving my butt more often than not. May have to increase CON again soon.

Chaore

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2015, 05:27:46 AM »
After playing for most of today, I am going to have to agree with you a bit. People are saying Archers were super buff in Beta 1, but they are almost certainly undertuned in Beta 2.

Honestly, I can see how my damage WILL get silly.

Despite the no investment 183 or so all Swordies can get, Concentrate at 5 will only last 22 hits if stacked, and Gungho drops a whooping 60 defense on you. Steady aim at 15 does 1% attack speed drop, which is super neglible.

At the same time though YEAH most of our good things are either complete SP hogs like Oblique shot, or on silly long cooldowns that make it impractical. This...really hurts us, and it's going to take like rank 4 to give us more options.

I've not seen hunters, but given their control options, they might have been the right choice in the end.

Honestly besides our potential strong AOE options, I don't see a huge reason to consider Archers for anything but very slow meandering bosses. Swordies do everything we do better, and mages do anything they don't.

And Clerics probably do what hunters do better too.

I'm gonna hope this is just magikarpness.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 04:25:02 AM »
https://youtu.be/t0swpXU7Omw

This started outside the Tenet Chapel after a dungeon run.

Rules are the same as normal soccer except the ball is the fireball. To push the fireball, you must use a melee attack and push it past a predetermined goal depending on your side of the field. Skills are off limits. The pyromancer that dropped the fireball must not participate and act as referee. Everything else is normal soccer with best out of 3 or out of 5 goals.

I wish I had a better vid because this was seriously hilariously fun when we got it going. What you see here is us trying to find different "fields" that could be used as soccer fields.

We ended up with teams of 2v2, but you can try any number of groups if you want. Fireballs do have a finite lifespan, so just drop the ball where it disappeared if it runs out before it reaches the goal. Give it yourself a try and see how you do/like it!

Kiro

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 09:50:34 AM »
The grind in this game is real. But there's already an area for bots:

Royal Mausoleum Constructor's Chapel, which is not directly connected to the questline Royal Mausoleum. The entrance is on the far right side of either Rukas Plateau or King's Plateau, can't remember. So many AFKers on the first floor, and a lot of dead bodies too.
[attach=2]
Also, a random World Boss within the dungeon. With so many people there, his HP scaled so freaking high (or however Field Boss hp works). Also, he would get randomly healed by one of the mobs in that dungeon that casts Healing on the ground so his HP would shoot back up another 33%. I said forget it after awhile, but it does seem like he was killed sometime later.

[attach=1]
Also, the second floor has a Zenyna statue on the upper left corner which will give you a stat point.

Class Experience is a pain, but Gytis Settlement and the surrounding areas give more quests when the quest level requirement gets too high by around the 3rd floor of the Guardian. I got to level 80 before finally being able to class advance again. I'm so excited to try Sapper Circle 2 with 2 more traps and a stronger Claymore. Punji Trap sucks due to 3 second cast timer and bugginess, but Stake Stockades are surprisingly good. No material cost, short cast time on your feet and it can hit the same target multiple times if you get them to walk over it. A decent DPS boost on bosses if you just cast it right on them although it will usually only hit them once. I'm not sure if the Archer class and subclasses are still gimped as a whole, but I feel the damage is now quite respectable with the tradeoff of being a ranged character.

Is there a place to buy Large HP Potions or is that in another town in the future? Because for goodness sakes, regular HP potions have not been cutting it for the last 20 levels.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2015, 12:22:12 PM »
Okay, my friends decided to reroll so I'm doing so with them. I'm going to be doing Wizard-Pyromancer-Psychokino-Psychokino-???-???, but I have no idea how to build that stat or skill wise. My friends are both playing highlanders and are practically OHKOing bosses while I'm barely doing any damage to them since I've got so much invested in SPR. Are wizards just this weak or are highlanders just that broken?

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2015, 12:34:47 PM »
highlanders just real good.