Author Topic: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta is over! So what did we learn?  (Read 42830 times)

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta is over! So what did we learn?
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2016, 01:47:26 AM »
All right, my group is confirmed for Orsha, taking the consideration that it may be the less crowded server overall.

And if not, we can always switch, right?

I am good with the Orsha server start.

I will probably take the step of reserving my Team name on both servers before I start leveling. Never mind. According to patch notes: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/tree-of-savior-initial-patch-notes/154512

Team name is unique across all servers.
You may not have the same Team name on multiple servers.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:40:43 AM by Kiro »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2016, 12:44:48 PM »
fucking lol there are server queues to even play the goddamn game

what we paid for, ladies and gentlemen.

53 channels on Orsha, none of them more than 3 dots full

"The server is currently full. Queuing for entry. Current position: 198"

Nice, I was at 403 about 5 mins ago :V
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:47:17 PM by Matsuri »

Kiro

Re: Tree of Savior: Early Access is a Go!
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2016, 05:18:22 PM »
What a night. I set my alarm for 2:50 AM PST and got in right at server launch 2:57 AM and the login seemed pretty smooth at the immediate start. There were at least 25 channels in the West Silalui Woods and it felt pretty good actually even with 3 dots. Spent about 90 minutes talking with a friend and organizing all my hotkeys and settings. I guess there are queues all across now, but with all the reports about Klaipeda being busier and the Fedimian server announcement, I think Orsha will be more playable than Klaipeda as some of the expected clogging of Orsha move to Fedimian.

Got my preferred team name, Windchrome. Feel free to send me a friend request on Orsha server.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2016, 05:57:14 PM »
My team name is Framboise, if you are interested as well.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2016, 11:46:17 PM »
So... you can't buy stat reset potions at all anymore? This is really dumb. It's bad enough that ToS stats are still pretty broken as it is, but worse that you can't tweak them as you please, as you could back in CBT :/

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »
Jesus, imc really dropped the ball with this. They should have brought in Fedimian and Telsiai before even starting, because Klaipeda and Orsha are just UNPLAYABLY OVERPACKED most of the time. What are they even going to do when this goes F2P?

I'm actually really angry about this, I say, as I'm sitting in a 500+ queue to even PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Kiro

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2016, 09:43:31 PM »
I'm actually really angry about this, I say, as I'm sitting in a 500+ queue to even PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Have you tried switching the channel before "Entering the World"? After being kicked out of game, I've had less packed channels get me back in right away (2 or 3 dots). I actually haven't had to wait in queues at all although that may be related to the time of day I play, evening PST.

I don't actually get crushing lag often, just occasionally when interacting with NPCs. The bigger problem seems to be mob respawn rate and that everyone seems to be progressing in a giant slow ball. Tenet Garden is starting to show that for me and for the sake of sanity, I've given up on being a quest/collection completionist for now and try to power through to my desired areas (50 dungeon, Constructor Chapel, 90 dungeon, Stele Road for Broom Trap regents). There are only a few people lvl 100 as evidenced by Megaphone requests for Mission parties.

And I haven't gotten attached to Orsha server (saved on using my Token; earliest would be for Tenet Dungeon) so I wouldn't mind moving if that option came up earlier.