Author Topic: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta is over! So what did we learn?  (Read 42822 times)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta is over! So what did we learn?
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:56:28 PM »

The second Tree of Savior beta test is coming! Sign up now because it closes on Oct 19!
https://treeofsavior.com/

Anyone who signs up is pretty much guaranteed a spot.

Beta test starts on Oct 27 and ends November 25.

Who's coming? I'm going with my guild.

Edit:
Now extended to Dec 9 with x2 exp!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:33:29 PM by Ruka »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta Sign Ups until Oct 19
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »
Me and a few friends got our keys so let the party begin.~
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 11:46:53 PM »
time to see if my computer can hold off on dying to try this

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 05:09:49 AM »
...I can't access the site because I don't have enough time to disable Noscript before it takes me to a different page. :fail:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 05:26:19 AM »
I missed the first beta because... its complicated... but this time I'm already in apparently, squeeee...

Been looking forward to this game since before the korean beta.. squeeee. Back then they asked non-koreans to not join their beta... so I didn't, because they simply asked nicely, and that was it...what a damn concept, but I've been eager to since.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 04:04:33 AM »
Just managed to sign up. Here's hoping I get my beta key soon.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 05:03:01 PM »
Managed to get a key, but after looking up some videos I am not convinced this style of MMORPG is really for me. Looks pretty Nostale-esque.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 02:20:26 AM »
I got a key yay...
As for the gameplay... it looks like it can be great, but it looks too easy, but I'm not holding that against the game because every asian mmorpg is ridiculously too easy for the first 2-3 chapters or whatever, and all the video footage I've seen for the game is early content, soo yeah...

Elsword and Vindictus for example are 2 games that are mash your head on the keyboard to win for quite some time, but the potential was there, and eventually they do become fun.. Elsword never really did become hard but it was challenging enough for me to adore it =)

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta Starts Oct 27
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 08:50:50 PM »
Throwing my name into the "need a beta key if anyone has a spare" pile.

I thought all I had to do was log in to the site with an email address, didn't know there was some sort of questionaire or that I had to link a Steam account. In any case, happy farming.

Is it easy to set up the game to use click to move rather than the default WASD?

Bardiche

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 10:47:44 PM »
Throwing my name into the "need a beta key if anyone has a spare" pile.

I thought all I had to do was log in to the site with an email address, didn't know there was some sort of questionaire or that I had to link a Steam account. In any case, happy farming.

Is it easy to set up the game to use click to move rather than the default WASD?

I don't intend on playing the game, so check your inbox in a minute. :D

EDIT: Sent. Enjoy! (I know I won't!)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:52:43 PM by Bardiche »

Kiro

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 01:52:43 AM »
I don't intend on playing the game, so check your inbox in a minute. :D

EDIT: Sent. Enjoy! (I know I won't!)

You are the best Bard! Many thanks!!!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 02:24:44 AM »
Why does trails in the sky sc have to come out like 2 days after this beta. yarg

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 03:33:07 AM »
Yo! No one specified server and my friend from twitter said people are gonna jump in Gabija for preferred server. Any objections?
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 06:17:29 AM »
I never even knew there were multiple servers at this point... where do you see that there is?

Kiro

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 06:45:41 AM »
Only Lamia is selectable right now so everyone is going to flood that one at zero hour unless the others also show up at launch. More crowded servers = more competition within the zones which is tedious. I plan to take it slow and enjoy the new car smell of this game. But I would probably not recommend Lamia if other servers show up within the next 6-12 hours I guess.

Can't stay up for a late night run anyways so I'll start tomorrow evening and see where most/all of you end up. Please let us know!

Chaore

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 07:23:22 AM »
game breaks on me literal hour 0

incredibly promising and usual of my luck, ruddy laptop

edit: insufferably, the error code gives absolutely no fucking clues (per fucking usual) and theres nothing on the forums and the site is dying/doesn't have a 'tell developers to fix their shit button'

going to post in their forum and pray someone knows

editedit: that is literally not a thing that I can actually do. For some god damn reason. Amazing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:05:24 AM by Chaore »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 08:28:41 AM »
game works for me now but the website is not..so I don't know how one reports a bug because I don't see a bug report button in game...or report on forums cuz said website isn't loading for me atm.. glah.

Long twintails is an available default haircut. best game ever =P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:15:38 AM by Ghaleon »

Chaore

Re: Tree of Savior: 2nd Beta Oct 27 - Nov 25
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »
game has progressed to literally crashing steam from crashing itself

game of the year.

Kiro

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 03:43:13 AM »
I'm going to start streaming a fresh start of the game around 9:00 PM. So in about 20 minutes.

www.twitch.tv/kirowind/

Since there hasn't been any affirmation of a server since it went live, I'll try to get on the Gabija server if that's available.

Edit: Done for tonight. The VOD really isn't worth watching though. The fact that you have to edit hotkeys via the .xml file is quite tedious and I spent maybe 20 minutes trying to get that done correctly, but it worked out. Attack and Jump are now on "D" and "F" so it fits more naturally... actually, maybe I want to switch Jump to Spacebar and have F as my general "accept" button..... I think I will do that.

So an attack rotation will be F to lock on, D to attack while leaving LSHIFT to Target Lock (I changed it from LCTRL). New target, hit F to face it, repeat. I think after I'm more comfortable with the controls, I can get a better judgement on how combat feels as I had a rough time targeting the first mini-boss. Otherwise, the game has a more streamlined feel in terms of functionality as there is a general marketplace, a bank, and quest givers. That compares to the Wild West feel of RO where you just went out and hoped you didn't die and a lot of things weren't self explanatory. I'm still very nostalgic to that even if it was admittedly an objectively poor system. Hard to say how ToS will turn out as I've barely gotten anywhere yet.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:16:13 AM by Kiro »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 09:41:47 AM »
dic error will be fixed in 2 hours.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »
I heard some login issue was already fixed, but not from staff or anything, just random people on megaphone. That said the game is as I expected so far, which is still promising but too easy to begin with.. I'm still only 27 so, yeah I'm sitll in that 'to begin with phase', so I wont hold it against the game.

I have noticed that loot doesn't really seem to exist a whole lot. Like monsters drop things sometimes but stuff you can actually use or equip? Doesn't seem to be much variety. I see them occasionally, and whenever I do, and I search the market for same slot equipment, it sells the same stuff I got. It's like you can't find or craft or anything new equipment variety, it's like you WILL be wearing this at this level, and you WILL upgrade to that at that level (so far)... loot excitement is important in these kinds of games IMO, and that's something this game needs to work on from what I can tell so far.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »
I'm honestly liking the gamepad mode, but of course, I still have to use the keyboard to bring up menus and mouse to do other things.

Glaring bugs?
-Left click/right click equivalent doesn't seem to work with gamepad.
-Gem enhancement description is a bit misleading referring to the items used to enhance gems as the ones being enhanced but not really.
-Missing quest dialogues (should've screenshotted)
-Heavy lag under the current load. Servers need a cap, more channels, more servers, some combination of the above, or something else I'm not thinking of right now.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »
mfw  forgot to apply for a key. :colonveeplusalpha:

I knew about the 2nd CBT a week before they probably started the registration, I just forgot about to check their site.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Chaore

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 05:04:12 PM »
dic error will be fixed in 2 hours.

oh thank fuck

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »
currently 36 highlander around the chapel. Is there any way around this sudden grind?
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Bardiche

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »
mfw  forgot to apply for a key. :colonveeplusalpha:

I knew about the 2nd CBT a week before they probably started the registration, I just forgot about to check their site.

Lemme put out some feelers and see if one of my mates has a key.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 12:45:53 AM »
https://youtu.be/x1CBc50_hqA

So I was teleporting back to the city, and then this happens. No NPCs or other players loaded due to the lag. What I didn't expect was the hilarious side effect.

This video is by no way sped up. This is the actual speed.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 02:00:32 AM »
Whenever I right-click one of those valkine statues or whatever they are called, am I not supposed to be able to teleport to another one? Or must I use a scroll? I thought the statues were supposed to let me port to and from each other too but whenever I interact with one my screen flickers for like one frame only. I don't know if this is just a benign flicker, or if it's my 'teleport to' window appearing and vanishing before I can possibly use it.

Kiro

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 04:58:03 AM »
Whenever I right-click one of those valkine statues or whatever they are called, am I not supposed to be able to teleport to another one? Or must I use a scroll? I thought the statues were supposed to let me port to and from each other too but whenever I interact with one my screen flickers for like one frame only. I don't know if this is just a benign flicker, or if it's my 'teleport to' window appearing and vanishing before I can possibly use it.

The statues are checkpoints. You need to use a Basic Warp Scroll to actually teleport. When you get into Klaipeda (the main town), the main quest line has you visit the Item NPC who gives you a bunch of free ones. You get like 20 which will last you a long ass time at the start of the game.

As an Archer, I'm resigned to the fact I need to invest in SP pots. Soloing bosses sucks, but at least I figured out that Multishot is the best skill for them at least.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 06:06:56 AM »
Lemme put out some feelers and see if one of my mates has a key.
Very much appreciated mate. :3

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]