Author Topic: Trails in the sky SC out OCTOBER 29, who else is going nuts at the wait?  (Read 6617 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I looked on the PSN to see if the psp version got some kinda page today but no dice, so I was disappointed, but all over the steam forums for Trails, the lead programmer's Fiance (or was it wife? I forget) is giving very strong indications that if we don't get the game within a day or two, we'll know when it's out definitively in a day or two..she didn't say day or two per say.. but press conference tomorrow, and that all the complaints regarding the games delay is making her and Sera (the lead programmer for the PC port) grin like giddy schoolgirls at this point (and she's normally the kinda person who would like.. get defensive, not the lead programmer, she just keeps quiet professionally).

But even if we don't get the game in a day or two, or a 1 week release warning in a day or two...and we better after how heavily it's being hinted at this point... I'm still dying to know who else here is dying to see this game get released finally.. squeeee.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:26:49 PM by Edible »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I'm actually gonna be a little annoyed if they drop it with little to no warning, as I was hoping to play through FC again prior to its release. <_<

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I'm actually gonna be a little annoyed if they drop it with little to no warning, as I was hoping to play through FC again prior to its release. <_<

but didn't FC only get a 1-week warning?
That said I seriously suggest re-playing it now. I'm not a hype-prone fanatic by any means, but I'm really convinced now.. doo eeet.

That said their reason for lack of advance warning is somewhat warrented: they have decided all predictions are difficult to make with any kind of accuracy and are absolutely paranoid of future predictions. which kind contributes to me being convinced. why are they pushing so hard that it's coming 'very very soon' (opposed to 'soon' just last week, and about 3 months before) if they are scared of disappointing fans?.

Naturally I told Seraphna that they better expect pitchforks if we don't get a release or a 1-week announcement by tomorrow or the day after =P

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
I just hope the release isn't like FC in which I had to wait quite a while for things to get un-borked. :V

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
My wallet is ready. Plus we have Trails of Cold Steel coming out in NA next month as well.

Edible

but didn't FC only get a 1-week warning?
That said I seriously suggest re-playing it now. I'm not a hype-prone fanatic by any means, but I'm really convinced now.. doo eeet.

The release date of FC on PC didn't bother me, since I knew I was going to buy a copy and sit on it until right before SC came out (and I had played it on PSP previously).

But yeah, sounds like I need to get cracking on my FC playthrough.  I'll do that after I finish up Xenoblade HD.

Last word I saw straight from an XSEED staff member was that the PSP version is in "master testing" and it's the last main hurdle besides some more minor tweaking with the concurrent Steam port. Info here. In relation to this, there's rumours of XSEED having some press event next week. Whatever the case may be for SC at this point, they're very insistent it'll still be out before Trails of Cold Steel which I believe was given the broad "Holiday 2015" release so far. I'd personally peg it later this month or November for SC.

All that said, gosh darn I am eager. I'm likely to buy it on both platforms with Cold Steel soon following. I need to give XSEED and Falcom my life savings for the sake of Sky 3rd and Zero/Ao no Kiseki. Also for whenever their next Ys title arrives but that's a bit more guaranteed after how well it's finally done overseas.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:16:42 PM by Las Vegas Typhoon »

Edible

And there you have it.

October 29.

I'll be out of town that weekend ;_;

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Trails in the sky SC out OCTOBER 29, who else is going nuts at the wait?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 01:13:21 AM »
Same :(

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 02:52:11 AM »
I wont be. but weekends are never my free time anyway...Thurs/fri are fine though =).
I wanna throw cash at them now though. why can't I pay nowww. whyyyyy.

Time to finish the epilogue in the first game. re-played that a few months ago but stopped there because.. well, you know.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 03:51:20 AM »
Really English port? 9 years, and you're still putting it in the PSP? Come on now XSEED, couldn't you atleast port it to Vita? I dunno about in Japan, if PSP is still strong, but definitely not in the west anymore, for like 4 years or something now.

Edit: Oh wait, it's digital for BOTH the PSP and Vita. Which makes me sad, 'cause I actually thought it's a physical version.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
Holy Stregas! It's happening. I think my body is NOT ready. I wish i had a time machine. Just to skip these 5 days.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
Edit: Oh wait, it's digital for BOTH the PSP and Vita. Which makes me sad, 'cause I actually thought it's a physical version.
Purvis's hated enemy explained it on the XSEED forums: while they wanted to put out a physical edition, they don't have the money to do so.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 06:24:43 AM »
FC PSP tanked and lost money rather than gained for the PSP, releasing it physically for SC would just be flushing cash down the drain...even releasing it digitally is a waste of time and effort financially.

Also even if they were gonna release it physically, they probably couldn't release it for the vita because the original wasn't on the vita and I don't think they even have a psp/vita dev team, they actually have to send scripts over to Falcom and have their old 10 year retired team work on it again for them using the old source code...Since there IS no vita source code... yeah. That'd be like asking falcom to re-make the game for vita, and they'd probably say no.

Maybe xseed does have a vita dev team, I kinda doubt it though since they don't have a psp one.

CF7

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 04:18:09 PM »
IT'S FINALLY HERE. :getdown:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:21:08 PM by CF7 »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »
Oh boy, time to... Wait for at least a week for bug reports. :V

Now don't get me wrong, I like FC, but goddamn was it buggy on launch.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
Today is going to be a long day at work...

CF7

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »
Bought it. Played for 2 hours straight. It's awesome.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 03:18:04 AM »
FC wasn't that buggy for me at launch... this one has crashes when I play in fullscreen mode and I alt-tab...however turn off fullscreen mode and issues go away...and it's got some weird magical best non-fullscreen mode that looks exactly like fullscreen mode.. I can't tell the difference at all, not even a flickering tab on the top when I alt-tab or something, just play not fullscreen, it's the same thing only no crashing when you alt-tab.

edit: Played a few hours myself now, didn't say what I thought because I didn't know how to express it accurately.

It's what I expected, which is great... Obviously the first time you play thru an RPG is the best time, but FC was unique where replays had more meaning, and when you re-play it, while it isn't as wonderful as the first time in many ways, it's also better in others, like you can fully appreciate it the 2nd time plus, though is now predictable.

SC is now like... the wonder of a first time thru, with the appreciation of someone who played thru FC already, the best of both really. It's not that I think it's 'better' than FC so far, but I am enjoying it more so far for reasons that aren't just personal taste. Hopefully that made sense.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:52:33 AM by Ghaleon »

CF7

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 07:46:48 AM »
I AM INVINCIBLE! Or am i?
I love this win quote.
Spoiler:
I kinda have a sneaking suspicion that this jaeger attack is not really an attack and is actually elaborate training scheme by Kurt instead. I might be wrong of course. On my way to storm the Fortress where this will hopefully become clear.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 08:30:33 AM »
I AM INVINCIBLE! Or am i?
I love this win quote.
Spoiler:
I kinda have a sneaking suspicion that this jaeger attack is not really an attack and is actually elaborate training scheme by Kurt instead. I might be wrong of course. On my way to storm the Fortress where this will hopefully become clear.

I pretty much felt the same way, and when you are given a dialogue option stating which, Analace doubts you and Estelle agrees, typically in FC this means you just lost your chance at bonus BP, so I was like efff!
Spoiler:
turns out I was correct though, I don't know if I lost bonus bp or not for it however, IMO I had better not for being correct... that was one of my biggest issues with highschool education, being correct didn't give you marks, parrotting the teacher and the 20 year old obsolete textbooks gave you marks...even when you pointed it out to the teacher that your answer is correct and the textbook is wrong, they would refuse to correct my grade as if it was important to do so to punish me from not blindly listening to something that I know is false...gaglkaghaghag

CF7

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »
I pretty much felt the same way, and when you are given a dialogue option stating which, Analace doubts you and Estelle agrees, typically in FC this means you just lost your chance at bonus BP, so I was like efff!
Spoiler:
turns out I was correct though, I don't know if I lost bonus bp or not for it however, IMO I had better not for being correct... that was one of my biggest issues with highschool education, being correct didn't give you marks, parrotting the teacher and the 20 year old obsolete textbooks gave you marks...even when you pointed it out to the teacher that your answer is correct and the textbook is wrong, they would refuse to correct my grade as if it was important to do so to punish me from not blindly listening to something that I know is false...gaglkaghaghag
Well yeah. And my hunch was correct. Got 14 bonus BP for what it's worth
Spoiler:
by being more or less clueless about the whole situation from Estelle's perspective. And as Estelle pointed out after the reveal, there were a lots of things that did not really add up. Which is kind of weird, since you can suspect what is going on, but at the same time if you are going for bonus BP, you have to answer "wrong".
Also i am guessing the game is going to be even more anal retentive about books. Carnelia was a huge pain in the ass and i am guessing Gambler series is going to be even worse. Since there's 16 of them. And achievements mention another series of books consisting of 22 books. :ohdear:
Anyway. The game is fucking legit amazing. And that's a fact.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 07:36:53 AM »
Yeah.... this game inspires me to make a new thread about 'golden ages'. see it soon... not that I think I'm important enough for people to go omaigosh must see, just wanted to post this here because this game gave me the motivation for it.

CF7

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 06:43:15 PM »
So i've been taking it somewhat slow and just now made it to the last chapter
Spoiler:
Finale: Trails in the Sky
I have two words. HOLY SHIT. Actually those same two words were kind of stuck in my head starting somewhere in chapter 4 and never leaving afterwards, but i dunno. It's just so epic. I do not want to spoil stuff, but it definitely just screams "This is the final dungeon. Be in awe." And i am.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
Bump for important info:

:toot: Xseed has confirmed on twitter that Trails in the Sky the 3rd will be brought over for PC (2017). Also, Trails of Cold Steel II should be out in Fall.  :toot:

Also to note: Until March 18th, FC is 50% off and SC 30% off via Steam, GOG, Humble Store, and PSN. If you're willing to switch over to PC versions and haven't done so, now's a good time.

The 3rd's save file carryover bonus is entirely just accessories and resources unlike FC/SC's quest completion. 100% save files of SC are easy enough to find around the net anyway.

Also y'all best get excited for some of Falcom and the series' best battle themes ever.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
If we somehow get the whole series eventually. Imma play it from start to finish in one go. No washroom or food breaks!!!

Ok i lie... Ill just play them all in a row during my free time