Author Topic: 東方魔宝城 (Touhou Mahoujou) ~ Book of Star Mythology  (Read 73409 times)

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Re: 東方魔宝城 (Touhou Mahoujou) ~ Book of Star Mythology
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »
Did you (Jimmy) watch the video? I couldn't access niconico yesterday and neither today. Commentary on twitter tells that others are also being affected, that nico currently isn't allowing foreigners into the site. Maybe it wasn't simply an April Fool's gag, but actual technical difficulties.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »
Did you (Jimmy) watch the video? I couldn't access niconico yesterday and neither today. Commentary on twitter tells that others are also being affected, that nico currently isn't allowing foreigners into the site. Maybe it wasn't simply an April Fool's gag, but actual technical difficulties.
I couldn't watch the video either because there are always the "connection timed out" or "the server stopped responding" errors showing up. I first thought that could've been because of my Internet working improperly.
I've posted the link anyway hoping that someone else here with access to Nico could come across this.

Can't really think of a reason why Nico would do something like this, aside from technical issues like you mentioned. I could access the site just fine before today.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:10:05 PM by Jimmy »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »
I believe it is a problem on NicoNico's end which kinda makes me curious how the link is up but the site isn't.

Either way we might have to wait it out longer than we expect to see the fourth stage or hope the game download comes out regardless.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 01:31:58 PM »
Download is actually up, I'll probably give it a shot later once I'm more awake than I am now (actually getting like 12+ hours of sleep instead of like 2 is amazing)

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/so/3645364&key=th_bsm_pre2

EDIT: Accidentally linked the first trial, fixed.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 02:40:10 PM »
So... thoughts.

The main change is that you get far less lives. Played up until Tobiko with my crappy laptop keyboard, will play on my good keyboard tomorrow. It's still unforgiving of deaths, though.

You get more for point-blanking. And the Magnitutude system makes scores go up hugely - was at 550m at Tobiko before I quit, and it was _really_ crappy. Could probably hit 700-800m+ before her. At Magnitude 1 you get 4x score from everything.
I was at 40k PIV coming into Fab and Iphonea, which I've never done before even with a nigh-perfect stage 1.

Every time you increase your magnitude you get a life fragment. You increase magnitude by getting wish items. I like it.

There's also last spells. I'm not sure how they're unlocked. Fab and Iphonea's one is very easy, but also really cool.
Also apparently the HP of their last main spell was lowered, which confused me - it died faster than normal. Gonna have to wait a bit for a good cancel... oh well.

You get bombs the same way. This is exactly how I wanted it to change, and you have no idea how happy it made me. Less lives, same bombs. Shows how much Ido is thinking of scoring.

The stages have been made harder but also not to the point of being unfair. I like it. I'm annoyed that Tobiko's midboss spell wasn't changed, though.
No change to the bosses at all I think. I don't mind that.

I was worried that Magnitiude would change the system I love so much a lot, but it didn't. It improved it by tying the life system into it in a cleaner way.
Great change!
I'll use the other shot-types, route stage 4 and get a hopefully good scoring run tomorrow.

Overall, though, I'm just so happy with this ohmygod  :D

Plus Spell Practice. Yaaaas!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:46:47 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 03:14:19 PM »
...Alright, so I figured I'd try this on Hard, since it wasn't that hard when I played this on Hard the first time around.
LET ME EXPLAIN HOW THAT'S A POOR IDEA

First off, I do have to say with Magnitude, I do feel like I was getting less lives, but not by too much, so I don't feel it made too much of a difference there. I think you get a life piece for every three Magnitude levels you get... I think. Someone tell me if I'm wrong there.

Second off... the fourth boss... holy crap she is a difficulty spike and a half. I don't think I've come across any boss that frantic in a Touhou shmup that early. I didn't even get past the second spell before I was blown away like it was nothing. The fourth stage in general felt like a difficulty spike, but that... that... ooohhhhh god.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 03:45:01 PM »
That bad?

Pruns said she's insane too. I'm curious.

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
You get to a last word by collecting stars.  There's a number close to the magnitude counter, I think?, that decreases whenever you get stars.  Get enough to make it reach 0 and you'll reach a last word.

Speaking of which, does Shelia's last word crash the game for everyone else once it's finished?

Btw the 4th stage boss is REALLY tough.  Most of her spellcards are very gimmicky, Clownpiece-style.   I think she's the kind of boss that once you get the hang of what her spellcards do, she becomes easier.  I got to capture her Last word and final spellcard on Hard after a few trial and error on spell practice, but she's still pretty hard. 

Also the 2nd boss' last word is HARD.  90 second survival that is really tough. 

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 05:34:42 PM »
Also the 2nd boss' last word is HARD.  90 second survival that is really tough.

About that...
Spoiler:
you can shoot her perfectly fine, she will die

Also, I feel like Marisa B and Sanae A shotgunning really kills things. Marisa A's shot also seems pretty powerful I guess.

Not sure if anyone realized this but,
Spoiler:
Mokou
has a Last Word. Stage 4 boss' spell cards are just gimmicks, as mentioned above, if you know how it works the difficulty decreases.

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 06:16:28 PM »
About that...
Spoiler:
you can shoot her perfectly fine, she will die

Also, I feel like Marisa B and Sanae A shotgunning really kills things. Marisa A's shot also seems pretty powerful I guess.

Not sure if anyone realized this but,
Spoiler:
Mokou
has a Last Word. Stage 4 boss' spell cards are just gimmicks, as mentioned above, if you know how it works the difficulty decreases.

Huh, seriously?  I tried a handful of times but couldn't see her health bar.  maybe my game's weird... I'll give it another look later and see if I didn't just overlook that.

Edit:  Huh that's true.  She's just invisible, but can be shot.  Weird!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:32:55 PM by Linnah »

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 11:06:30 PM »
First off, I do have to say with Magnitude, I do feel like I was getting less lives, but not by too much, so I don't feel it made too much of a difference there. I think you get a life piece for every three Magnitude levels you get... I think. Someone tell me if I'm wrong there.
There's actually a life piece every time you level up the score multiplier. Doesn't make that much difference from the mechanics in the first demo, pointblank as many enemies as possible and you'd get just as much resources.

As for the new boss:

Really hard, and by really hard I also mean it. This is the most fast-paced stage 4 boss I've faced anywhere in Touhou. Move swiftly or she's gonna shred you into pieces.
I think this is the first time that
Spoiler:
shurikens
have been implemented as danmaku in a Touhou game. The effects in her danmaku patterns are pretty damn amazing IMO.
I'm also really diggin' both the stage theme and the boss theme, kudos to the respective composers.

Spoiler:
PS. Ichiyou is a human. A ninja.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:32:56 PM by Jimmy »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2016, 12:10:48 AM »
Managed to score 5,932,922,470 on lunatic.
However, it had 2 dumb clips on the stage 4 boss, so it's shit-teir. I also had a very bad second-half of stage 4, bombed way more than I should have. I could get 6.3-6.7b, I think.
Even more if I decide to use the stage 3 beginning strat. Now that I have something that isn't 100% shit, I think I will.

I'll upload the replay for all to see when I get a replay that isn't shit. :V

Anyway... the 2 songs from stage 4 blow all of the other themes in the game out of the water. I think
Spoiler:
Sunlight Reburst
might be my favorite stage 4 boss theme ever.
Amazing job Monday and whoever composed
Spoiler:
Sunlight Reburst
!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 12:19:18 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2016, 12:39:33 AM »
Out of her 4 spellcards, I think the first and last ones are the toughest.  The grass spellcard is doable but can be a headache, and the tatami one is almost guaranteed to capture if you know what you're doing. 

Overall her fight is super fun and I loved it!

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2016, 12:57:44 AM »
Out of her 4 spellcards, I think the first and last ones are the toughest.  The grass spellcard is doable but can be a headache, and the tatami one is almost guaranteed to capture if you know what you're doing. 

Overall her fight is super fun and I loved it!

I actually think it's the other way around.
The first is by far the easiest, the last one is also easier than her third and second card. The second is, as you say, doable but a headache, and the tatami one is by far her hardest in my opinion.
Though her first 2 nonspells are definitely her hardest attacks. They really do need to be toned down a bit.

What difficulty do you play on, and how do you do her third card?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:03:31 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 02:05:43 AM »
On a side note, full-game replays crash at stage 2, while the fairies that shoot red and blue balls jump up to the top of the screen. I've confirmed that this happens on Normal for both Reimu A and Sanae A, and on both Legendary and Legacy. Nolegs has also confirmed that Lunatic also has this bug. Stage practice replays are known not to crash. I searched for IsReplay in the game code, but didn't find anything obvious.

I've experienced such issues before when coding in Danmakufu. Such crashes come from things such as using a void value in an expression, reading a nonexistent file, or using a resource while it is being loaded. Since this happens in the middle of the stage and triggers every time, I surmise that we have the first or the second type of error, though not necessarily the exact things I mentioned.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2016, 05:17:32 AM »
I actually think it's the other way around.
The first is by far the easiest, the last one is also easier than her third and second card. The second is, as you say, doable but a headache, and the tatami one is by far her hardest in my opinion.
Though her first 2 nonspells are definitely her hardest attacks. They really do need to be toned down a bit.

What difficulty do you play on, and how do you do her third card?

I've been playing on hard.  And gosh, really?  The tatami one is so easy for me!  I presume it must be the same-ish thing on lunatic, yes?

Nonetheless, there's tons of ways to do it.  For me the easiest way is only breaking the tatami in the middle, and waiting for the rest to break on their own.
Once they all break, you quickly run towards her and hug her.  That'll make the tatami bullets go icicle fall and fall right past you. 

Since she has low hp on this spellcard, in 2/3 cycles depending on your shottype you should get it captured. 

You can also do other ways, like breaking all of the tatamis on one side (most importantly the upper tatamis) and hiding on the ones on the other side.
The main thing here is shooting her only when all tatamis are down and she's summoning more of then.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:46:18 AM by Linnah »

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2016, 06:44:37 AM »
Hmm. I see, thanks!
I'll try that.

Anyway, for the good news...
Stage 4 lunatic no miss, with 498,874,530 score!

I am extremely happy with this run. I don't find stage 4 that bad any more, but still came out of nowhere. That Weed cap.
I hope this happens in a full run.  :)

EDIT: Just got a 565m run of stage 4 stage practice. No deaths, finished with 2 bombs. :P
Replay. You'll have to remove the '(2)' mediafire tacked on.

Anyone have a replay of stage 4 normal? there's no videos of it yet, and I want to see it. I can't be stuffed playing normal. :V
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:00:07 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2016, 05:26:28 PM »
After playing a few runs, I can say that this is shaping up to be a pretty nice game.

My initial thoughts on Marisa and Sanae are that they feel noticeably stronger than Reimu. Then again, I've only played Reimu in this iteration like once. Deathbombing with the those two is also a bit different, as the game no longer feels like it gives you forever to do so. (Took me by surprise a few times, since you had to main Reimu in this game before. Not like I got hit much below Lunatic anyway.)

I enjoyed stage 4...probably because of the music. Stage 3 and Stage 4 themes are easily my favorites. Stage 4 boss is going to take some getting used to, but that's good. She adds on much-needed difficulty in this game.

My first run was on Normal and I happened to not die, so I thought I'd post it. The Replay crash of stage 2 thought otherwise. -.-

Also, my SanaeB Hard replay crashed at stage 2, also. Lovely.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2016, 07:06:01 PM »
Stage 4 normal with Sanae A, 252,650,560, 1 miss, 5/6 spellcards captured.

Edit: Video.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:32:37 PM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »
So, stuff happened.
577,395,590 Stage 4 Lunatic with 3 bombs left. Didn't waste 2 bombs on her third spell this time. :P
Failed Jiraya instead. :V

632,264,480 Stage 3 Lunatic. Captured all of Shelia's spells barring August Lyrids and Sheliaburn, quite good stage portion. I'm pretty happy with this.

Also have 196m stage 2 and 432m stage 1 lunatic stage practice if anyone wants them.
Just shows how relatively little stage 2 is worth for scoring...  :wikipedia:
My best on stage 1 is ~455m in a full run attempt that went south in stage 2 I think.

Anyway... for actual discussion. It seems ReimuA and SanaeB are better for survival than any of the other shot-types: homing to make stages easier, which no other shot has. They both have fairly good boss-killing power, plus Gray Thaumatography is the best bomb for survival, while Fantasy Seal is fairly powerful.
Plus both have versatility - their focus/unfocused shots compliment each other.

Your thoughts, MoTK?

Also, this. Just this. :getdown:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:27:40 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »
So, stuff happened.
577,395,590 Stage 4 Lunatic with 3 bombs left. Didn't waste 2 bombs on her third spell this time. :P
Failed Jiraya instead. :V

632,264,480 Stage 3 Lunatic. Captured all of Shelia's spells barring August Lyrids and Sheliaburn, quite good stage portion. I'm pretty happy with this.

Also have 196m stage 2 and 432m stage 1 lunatic stage practice if anyone wants them.
Just shows how relatively little stage 2 is worth for scoring...  :wikipedia:
My best on stage 1 is ~455m in a full run attempt that went south in stage 2 I think.

Anyway... for actual discussion. It seems ReimuA and SanaeB are better for survival than any of the other shot-types: homing to make stages easier, which no other shot has. They both have fairly good boss-killing power, plus Gray Thaumatography is the best bomb for survival, while Fantasy Seal is fairly powerful.
Plus both have versatility - their focus/unfocused shots compliment each other.

Your thoughts, MoTK?

Also, this. Just this. :getdown:

Found out how to fix the replay issue:

Insert this line after line 311 of lib/lib_Stage.dnh:

Code: [Select]
SetAreaCommonData(CAREA_SYSTEM, "AsciiTexts", []);
By explicitly setting the entry, this code avoids the problem Danmakufu has with reading empty arrays into common data. This entry is used by the function that displays the "MAGNITUDE UP", "SPELL EXTEND", etc. messages at the bottom, but if it's set to a Medusa value (a term I coined for an internal-use value that will crash Danmakufu if it is observed), said function can't do it's job.

I contacted Mace about this fix.

And it seems MarisaB and SanaeA aren't bad either, due to their shotgun powers.

Stage 2 might not be the most lucrative stage, but it does have the bomb timing on Tobiko's first nonspell to get PIV from the following spell without forfeiting the bonus. I'm also fond of the camera pointblank. :P
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2016, 01:29:51 PM »
Found out how to fix the replay issue:

Insert this line after line 311 of lib/lib_Stage.dnh:

Code: [Select]
SetAreaCommonData(CAREA_SYSTEM, "AsciiTexts", []);
By explicitly setting the entry, this code avoids the problem Danmakufu has with reading empty arrays into common data. This entry is used by the function that displays the "MAGNITUDE UP", "SPELL EXTEND", etc. messages at the bottom, but if it's set to a Medusa value (a term I coined for an internal-use value that will crash Danmakufu if it is observed), said function can't do it's job.

I contacted Mace about this fix.

It worked!
Thank you so much.  :3

And it seems MarisaB and SanaeA aren't bad either, due to their shotgun powers.

Indeed they aren't, but they're still below ReimuA and SanaeB. But they aren't bad. Besides, SanaeA has Thaumatography.

Stage 2 might not be the most lucrative stage, but it does have the bomb timing on Tobiko's first nonspell to get PIV from the following spell without forfeiting the bonus. I'm also fond of the camera pointblank. :P

I actually haven't been using the Tobiko opening bomb because I thought I could use the bombs for later.
I still think that, but I think I can spare one bomb for it. So I'll start doing it again.

Also Camera Pointblank is waay to risky for what you get from it :P

Anyway, I watched my 5.9b replay to make sure there weren't any other points the game went 'RIP'.
There weren't.

Anyway, my stage 1 PB was actually in that run, not some dead one.
457,295,730 in stage 1. Had 100m before Iphonea and Fabritis. So that's quite nice, at least.
But regardless... fucking hell, stage 4 in that run was absolutely atrocious... :colonveeplusalpha:

I'll share said run with my first non-shit PB purely for the good stage 1.

---

Also... does anyone agree with me in that the change to the chapter right before Shelia (orange aimed stars + yellow stars), instead of making the chapter harder as Maceknight probably intended, actually ended up making it easier instead?
I think it's a lot easier now. It was already easy, so...  ::)
Not that it matters. The hardest chapter in stage 3 outside of Shelia is by far the first one anyway. Even then, I'm very consistent with it as long as the blue stars don't fuck me over.
(To the uninitiated: I do said chapter from the top of the screen to auto-collect the wish items, which would be annoying/hard otherwise.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:32:03 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2016, 03:53:21 AM »
I'm still trying to get an understanding of what exactly gets you life pieces. I know it's by getting Magnitude ups, but sometimes they give you life pieces, sometimes they don't. Is it while you're at 1 Magnitude? Something else? I don't really get what the actual cutoff or requirement is for you to get a life piece from a Magnitude up.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2016, 04:00:00 AM »
I'm still trying to get an understanding of what exactly gets you life pieces. I know it's by getting Magnitude ups, but sometimes they give you life pieces, sometimes they don't. Is it while you're at 1 Magnitude? Something else? I don't really get what the actual cutoff or requirement is for you to get a life piece from a Magnitude up.

Seems to be if you fill the gauge, you get a piece, but if you capture a spell card, you don't. (Yes, spell card captures give Magnitude.)

Edit: quite funny how I posted exactly at midnight.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2016, 04:10:10 AM »
Seems to be if you fill the gauge, you get a piece, but if you capture a spell card, you don't. (Yes, spell card captures give Magnitude.)

I've had fill-ups not give pieces though... I think. Not quite sure. I'll have to pay closer attention. But that explains why I got two Magnitude ups in one shot once, I suppose.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2016, 04:24:15 AM »

I'd like to add that you can get life-pieces even if you're at 1 Magnitude.

Also...
Here's how you discover new strats. Just as planned!

(Also, 212m stage 2 lunatic. I might as well share it if anyone wants to study it.)

I've had fill-ups not give pieces though... I think. Not quite sure. I'll have to pay closer attention. But that explains why I got two Magnitude ups in one shot once, I suppose.

In Infinite Life Mode it gives you a bomb piece.
That might be why.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2016, 04:39:14 AM »
On a side note, someone named om of the nom is scorerunning with Marisa B, who appears to have better shotgunning abilities. He also stalled the stage 1 last word for graze, yielding some more PIV. I've attached two of his replays for reference.

Edit: Created a spreadsheet to track high scores.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:00:42 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2016, 05:09:53 AM »
On a side note, someone named om of the nom is scorerunning with Marisa B, who appears to have better shotgunning abilities. He also stalled the stage 1 last word for graze, yielding some more PIV. I've attached two of his replays for reference.

Edit: Created a spreadsheet to track high scores.

I thought MY first run was messy...
9+ misses. Dear god.

By the way the lunatic replay is 9-11 miss by the way, not 5 miss. Can't remember off top of my head what one it is because I'm dumb. :P

And damn, looks like I'll need to time-out their last spell from now on. Oh well.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2016, 06:37:39 AM »
Six misses and Om got 6.59b. MarisaB really does do well for score.

Edit: This player captures Shelia's midboss card in the strangest way. WAIT TILL YOU SEE HOW HE DOES IT.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:45:12 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2016, 06:27:35 AM »

Edit: This player captures Shelia's midboss card in the strangest way. WAIT TILL YOU SEE HOW HE DOES IT.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. This player is clearly a god lol. I wish I could do something as gutsy as that and not die in the process.

I didn't even try to go for a scoring run, and I happened to get ~ 5 billion. This game seems to favor players who don't die, seeing as keeping the magnitude multiplier up is a must for higher scores. Staying alive is also easier with the truckload of bombs it gives you.