Author Topic: 東方魔宝城 (Touhou Mahoujou) ~ Book of Star Mythology  (Read 73876 times)

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Re: 東方魔宝城 (Touhou Mahoujou) ~ Book of Star Mythology
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »
That EX boss...

The color palette, the swordplay, the slashing danmaku, the clothes...

Spoiler:
Konngara
?

Anyway, i'm guessing the artist tried to attempt something new but i'm not sure what. I say, because of the head <-> body ratio, the size of the arms, the color gradients. Maybe more adult proportions but keeping the moeface.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
<watching from the sidelines again>
The music is very clearly an arrangement of Atago's theme from WNSP, so that means this game has made reference to all of ido's recent works.
The bullet effects on the lances are absolutely spectacular.
Shirukens still look like they're not fun in any context.
IDK what they were trying for with the last couple of spell cards' designs.

« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
Really good Extra Stage, my only complaint I guess is that the stage portion itself is pretty short. I guess you get so many lives from what's there that itd be too easy otherwise  :V.

Only spell I'm not too fond of is the yellow spinny star thing. That attack has basically become the 3 Bomb Tax because I have no idea how the hell it works.

« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:26 PM »

Only spell I'm not too fond of is the yellow spinny star thing. That attack has basically become the 3 Bomb Tax because I have no idea how the hell it works.

Her 4th spellcard? She'll throw the shurikens and you have to circle closely to her and you'll be fine. Then she'll retract the shurikens and you have to circle her in the direction she pulls them out. Then, you circle again based on if she throws them clockwise or counterclockwise. It's very easy to mess up.

« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2016, 10:45:27 PM »
I love that stage :V.
I hope a computer that a game won't lag on will be back in my home soon.

(Previously tried to complain about very minor stuff, but I retracted, seeing this as immature rambling)

« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2016, 10:53:05 PM »
The music is very clearly an arrangement of Atago's theme from WNSP, so that means this game has made reference to all of ido's recent works.

(Neither WNSP nor this game were made by ido. WNSP was organized by NRT with help from various people, this game was made by Maceknight with help from various people)
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2016, 01:52:42 AM »
(Neither WNSP nor this game were made by ido. WNSP was organized by NRT with help from various people, this game was made by Maceknight with help from various people)
Thank you.  The relationships between these people (or lack thereof) have been getting me turned around.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2016, 03:46:13 AM »
I got a pretty scrubby first clear of the Extra stage. I'll probably annotate with my first impressions when I'm free later.

BoSM Extra - SanaeA

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Das

• w e w
« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2016, 05:38:18 AM »
 The Extra Stage last word captured

Pretty hard for a last word actually, I imagine a NMNB of this stage will take a long time for someone to do.

marisaB is good

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2016, 07:41:16 AM »
I've capped every spell in the stage except the survival and goddamn is that card annoying as all hell.
Who let that happen????

(otherwise i love the boss fight its so cool)

« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2016, 07:57:14 AM »
Thank you.  The relationships between these people (or lack thereof) have been getting me turned around.

Both WNSP and BoSM use ido's engine, with his permission of course, which is why they're featured on ido's blog. Even though WNSP was organized by NRT, it was mainly coded by raichu (the same guy who made War of Fox and Badger). Raichu also helped with the coding in BoSM. BoSM was originally a music album, with each theme being composed by a different person. Ido composed the staff roll theme. Wanwan, the same guy who composed for TLC, MPP, and RSS, composed the final boss theme. Misora, the guy who composed for WNSP, composes the extra boss theme.

Basically it's all one circle of friends who makes these games. But officially, the only ido games are TLC, MPP, and RSS. Ido more or less said he has no plans of making any more games either.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:31:42 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2016, 11:10:10 AM »
The Extra was entertaining...I enjoyed how flashy it was. I'll add my clear with ReimuB to the mix.

It feels like the stage portion itself wasn't made with ReimuB in mind. -_________________-

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2016, 12:12:09 AM »
Replaying the game over and over and over again (people want someone to upload those spell card graphics to the wiki), so far up to hard modo, some changes:

*Ichiyou, Nezu, and Fuma get new portraits and sprite animations, that are used when declaring their spell card. (We've already seen Fuma's on the extra stage, well, those are also on the main game).
*Fuma's 4th card on hard modo 異神「パズズ&ドラゴンズ」/ Other Gods "Pazuzu & Dragons" (and presumably lunatic modo, 大悪魔「顕現する七つの大罪」 / Great Demons "Seven Deadly Sins Manifesting", i still haven't done that) replaces its triangular formation of white bullets with a circle of pink heart bullets.
*Fuma's last spell 「フーマ・ミシャンドラ」/ "Fuma Mishandra", so far on all difficulties, instead of making an spiral of stars whose "arms" go outwards in a curvy manner, the spiral "arms" go upwards and then fall again forming linear formation. Those randomized white bullets aimed at the player seem to have a higher density. Overall, the spell is all-around denser and harder.

I still lack lunatic difficulty and Nazu's cards when playing as Marisa and Sanae. Please add more info if you find something.

« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2016, 12:36:41 AM »
And now we wait for the english patch. Has anything been started yet?

« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2016, 02:42:10 PM »
Pls, give me a download link. I got 403 on http://osayou.net/tokusetu/mahojo/download/

403 Error - Forbidden
あなたのアクセスは許可されませんでした。
お名前.com レンタルサーバーのトップページに戻る
ドメイン取るならお名前.com<PR>
GMOインターネット株式会社
Copyright (c) GMO Internet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

UPD: Torbrowser help me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:45:28 PM by sibgamer »
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2016, 07:43:53 PM »
I still lack lunatic difficulty and Nazu's cards when playing as Marisa and Sanae. Please add more info if you find something.

I got around to playing Lunatic as MarisaA and SanaeA. The cards are feel the same as they were on 1.00, Nezu's variants included. However, SanaeA feels nerfed - her focused shot doesn't quite breeze through bosses. (notably, Fuma) I think her unfocused shot still does a ton up close.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2017, 03:38:09 AM »
I just beat the extra, and I learned that for the last word, if you don't get to the final phase then you won't unlock it in spell practice.

This is a terrible oversight. I want my playtime back GRRR

Or, at least an easier way to get to that last word in the extra. Anyone got methods?
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2017, 03:46:35 AM »

Grrr.
---
YouTube

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
I've released an "Ultra" patch for BoSM here.
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »

Grrr.
---
YouTube

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2017, 05:20:55 PM »
A new game was announced.

Spoiler:
Outside the Traditional World. It's a camera game with everyone from the past four games showing up. There's also apparently new characters, including another Sant'Angelo.

I assume a new thread will probably be made soon(?) once further are announced for this game.

jesus fuck this game is pretty
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:35:59 PM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
BoSM LNM!

Incidentally, does anyone know the rank requirements? Despite being 0-miss, this run only got Canopus. I'd push for a higher rank, but I don't know what the requirements are (I assume there's a score requirement too).

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2017, 03:13:57 PM »
Eh. I did this. Might as well link it now that lag is stopping me from improving it.

SanaeA normal mode 14,790,244,630 no-miss score run

Fuma gives 718m more than every other boss combined, even with a spell fail.

:ok_hand:

Fuma is such a meme boss for scoring tbh

If I end up finding a way to get rid of the lag I'll probably use MarisaB.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:09:11 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2017, 03:03:28 PM »
Oh yeah, with Tri Focuser, now BoSM is part of this canon? I guess? It's weird because ido's the game designer, you know? Other people do the script and the character design. And I'm kinda curious how much of RSS he actually did...