Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 3  (Read 63152 times)

Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 3
« on: September 29, 2015, 02:03:52 AM »
>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker (owner) of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>What started as a pleasant morning, welcoming a new neighbor to your apartment complex, has turned into a day of trials. You discovered a link between Patchouli Knowledge and the Champion of Water, and your exploration of that link led to your awakening of a memory within you that indicated a past connection between you and her. And later, Sanae, as well. An impossible memory shared by the three of you, but your investigation was interrupted by the approach of the Champion of Air, whose arrival at your apartments heralded Sanae's awakening as the Avatar of Air. Shortly later, Patchouli became the Avatar of Water, mystically connected to Louise, and her resentment and anger towards her parents boiled over. You found yourself in the most unenviable position of having to defend Madame Knowledge, itself not the more appealing prospect, from your friend.
>One good thing to come of all this is that Reisen Udongein joined your group as Magical Poppy, and despite the both physical and psychological pain fighting Patchy caused her, she helped you best the Avatar of Water, a hard fought victory. Had Louise, now free from her prison, chosen to attack you, she could easily have destroyed the four of you. But she didn't, instead simply taking Patchouli and leaving, promising you that you'd settled the issue of Patchouli's excessive anger, and that she herself would take the remaining steps to handle the issue.

>Meeting Patchouli's aunt Alisaie after the fight was a much more pleasant experience, though talking to the meek, gentle-hearted summoner about her elder sister did absolutely nothing to improve your image of the woman. Both for the sake of Patchouli and Reisen, you resolved to claim ownership of Reisen from Madame Knowledge, and after a bit of treatment and rest, you, Lily, Rin and Reisen herself did just that, giving Madame Knowledge a rather well deserved shot to the face in the process. You even managed to get through to Alisaie, and convinced her to leave the Knowledge manor, and get out from under her sister's thumb, if only a little.
>With your latest slave in tow, and Lily off relocating Alisaie, you Rin and Reisen are taking Reisen's other bike back home.

>Well, there's always enough room in my bed for three....

>I imagine it wasn't month-to-month - that's more trouble for everyone. And the apartment doesn't need to be in your name for you to stay there, after all - it wasn't before. Patchouli is just... away on business; there's no reason to assume she's kicked you out. We'll figure something out with Reimu, don't worry.

>There's a fine image to start the thread on. Make it happen, Draco.
>Reisen smiles faintly. If Patchy were here, she'd tell you that I have a habit of worrying.

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 3
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 02:20:08 AM »
>Well, I do understand, but I promise we'll get this one sorted out just fine, one way or the other.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:12:06 AM »
>Well, I do understand, but I promise we'll get this one sorted out just fine, one way or the other.

>It, uh, doesn't bother you, does it? she asks. Me being a... bit of a worry-wort, as Patchy's called me.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:23:17 AM »
>Well, if you're already worrying, then feeling guilty about worrying isn't going to make things any better. This is a problem I feel confident you can rest easy in, but I'm hardly going to chastise you for finding it difficult to do so.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 04:46:20 AM »
>Well, if you're already worrying, then feeling guilty about worrying isn't going to make things any better. This is a problem I feel confident you can rest easy in, but I'm hardly going to chastise you for finding it difficult to do so.

>So, that's a no?

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 04:53:35 AM »
>I'd rather you feel at peace for your own sake, of course, but no - I'm not otherwise bothered.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 05:09:00 AM »
>I'd rather you feel at peace for your own sake, of course, but no - I'm not otherwise bothered.

>Okay, then. Had to make sure, that's all. Reisen clarifies as she pulls back in, having swerved around a truck that crawling up the Southern road. As she slows for the next stop sign, though, she broaches the topic of what you can tell from the tone of her voice to be another worry before she even says it. And, while we're talking about being bothered, you should know, Byakuren, that you're going to get a lot more attention once word gets out that you own me now. I'm not bragging here, it's a simply a fact, I'm one of the most unique slaves on the planet. People are going to come up to you wanting me a lot more than they do with Rin. No offense, Rin.
>The kasha wags her tail almost dismissively. True fact. But I wouldn't worry 'bout that neither. Byakuren can handle just about any buyer that comes a-knocking, and for the ones that don't get the message, I can always gnaw their ankles off.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 05:17:56 AM »
>Chuckle
>Yes, I'm sure it won't be a problem. I am more than capable of telling people you're not for sale. And if I have to put up with a little bit more unwanted attention, then well... a small price to pay for giving you a freer life. Think nothing of it.

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 01:16:26 AM »
>Chuckle
>Yes, I'm sure it won't be a problem. I am more than capable of telling people you're not for sale. And if I have to put up with a little bit more unwanted attention, then well... a small price to pay for giving you a freer life. Think nothing of it.

>Reisen's eyes lower for a split second as she smiles. You really are strong, Byakuren.

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 01:40:30 AM »
>So are you, you know. No one could could do what you did this morning and be otherwise.
>Smile
>But on this front at least, I am quite certain things will turn out just fine, one way or the other.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 07:51:01 AM »
>So are you, you know. No one could could do what you did this morning and be otherwise.
>Smile
>But on this front at least, I am quite certain things will turn out just fine, one way or the other.

>The lunar rabbit nods her agreement. You do feel for the woman still, moreso than ever, now that you know what she's come through in her life. Branded an enemy by two whole worlds... And yet her hard life has not hardened her. She has a good heart that's been waiting for a chance to shine. Now free of the oppression of the Knowledge family, perhaps it finally has that chance. You resolve to do whatever you can to help her along the way.
>One more think that you note about her today is the way she carries herself on her bike. The last time you rode with her she was wearing a full-face helmet, so you couldn't really get a good look at her face, but now you can see how her expression changes as you ride along. She seems more comfortable driving a motorcycle, more at ease with herself. She has a peaceful smile on her face when she's cruising down a straightaway, which tightens ever so slightly in the direction of a grin when she takes a corner perhaps a little harder than she ought to have but not so hard as to shake you and Rin about. Not distracted by conversation or paying attention to anyone else, the words 'her and the road' describe her look best.

>You pass by the school on your way home, hearing the sound of equipment being used coming from inside the building as Reisen slows on approach to home. Betcha Mima's in there too ridin' those poor guys like she rides us.
>No bet on that one. Reisen replies with a light chuckle as she makes the final turn into the Moonside yard. Another strange is parked outside, this one a light purple convertible with a white fabric roof. Neither its driver nor any of your neighbors are in evidence outside.

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 07:59:13 AM »
>Well, home again. And with more than a little explaining to do.
>Let's step out and see if we can figure out who's got company.

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
>Well, home again. And with more than a little explaining to do.
>Let's step out and see if we can figure out who's got company.

>Reisen powers down her hog as Rin once again hops out of your lap. It does occur to me, now, that there might be a way to distract Nitori if you wanted, Byakuren. she says as the three of you head towards the building.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 08:16:53 AM »
>What do you mean?

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 08:38:47 AM »
>What do you mean?

>Well, you seemed reluctant to tell her about us. So, point out this bike to her. That'll keep her attention for a while.

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 08:45:35 AM »
>While that might be a fine distraction for a little while, questions are going to be raised sooner or later that we're going to have to answer - better to do it now.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »
>While that might be a fine distraction for a little while, questions are going to be raised sooner or later that we're going to have to answer - better to do it now.

>All right, just thought I'd mention.
>As she does so, Rin sticks a finger in the direction of Minoriko's room. I think whoever owns that car's in there. I can hear a guy's voice in there.

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 01:58:17 AM »
>Anyone you recognize?

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 04:29:23 AM »
>Anyone you recognize?

>Rin gets a little closer, listening a moment more. I think it's Koryu.

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 04:58:22 AM »
>Hmmm... but Reimu and the rest of her entourage are gone now? I wonder if he's still here about today's events somehow?
>...not that I would normally wish to pry, but I obviously don't want to break the full details to Minoriko and the others with someone else around.

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 05:39:50 AM »
>Hmmm... but Reimu and the rest of her entourage are gone now? I wonder if he's still here about today's events somehow?
>...not that I would normally wish to pry, but I obviously don't want to break the full details to Minoriko and the others with someone else around.

>So you wanna just hang out 'till he leaves?

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 05:47:21 AM »
>Might be for the best.
>Let's go up to our place and flop for a bit. It's been a long day already.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 06:43:01 AM »
>Might be for the best.
>Let's go up to our place and flop for a bit. It's been a long day already.

>Deciding to leave the visiting male be, you walk up the stairs, past Minoriko's room, and enter into yours along with your now doubled-in-quantity arm candy. "Are you hungry, Mistress?" Rin asks as she pushes the door to.

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 06:46:39 AM »
>Are we?
>Assuming so, "A little, yes. I know Lily wanted us to go out for pie, and one presumes the possibility of a meal before that, but a little something in the meantime wouldn't go astray, I'm sure."

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »
>Are we?
>Assuming so, "A little, yes. I know Lily wanted us to go out for pie, and one presumes the possibility of a meal before that, but a little something in the meantime wouldn't go astray, I'm sure."

>Yes you are.
>"Right, I'll see what I can do." Rin replies, opening up the fridge.
>"Any ideas as to where Lily was taking Alisaie?" Reisen asks, taking in a view of the apartment. "I don't remember her mentioning a name."

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 09:00:36 PM »
>"No idea."

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 11:55:09 PM »
>"No idea."

>"You could ask." Rin informs her.
>"I could? But I don't know- Oh you mean telepathically. Well, what sort of range does our telepathy have?"

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 12:02:46 AM »
>"I don't know the upper-limits, but I can reach the Tiger Shrine from here, at least."

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 12:56:33 AM »
>"I don't know the upper-limits, but I can reach the Tiger Shrine from here, at least."

>"And it's a private frequency, we can't reach people outside our group?"

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2015, 01:56:54 AM »
>"As a general rule, no. Satori did sense when I used my telepathy, and I managed to communicate an image to her in a same way, but I think that had more to do with her own mind-reading abilities than the telepathy itself. When I experimented earlier, I couldn't properly reach someone if they weren't wearing their ring."