Author Topic: A couple of neat connections  (Read 2253 times)

A couple of neat connections
« on: September 22, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »
These might've been brought up here before, but then they might've not, so:

Firstly, Remilia's theme, Septette for the Dead Princess, ties into the next game in the series in a few ways.
One definition of Septette is "a group of seven people playing music or singing together". PCB is the seventh installment in the series, and there are seven bosses/dialogue-possessing opponents (Letty, Chen, Alice, the three Prismrivers, and Youmu) before the boss of the game, Yuyuko, who is a ghost and the princess of the Netherworld, nicely tying up the rest of the name.

Secondly, Yukari, according to the wiki, "means 'purple' or 'violet' (In ordinary Japanese perspective these two colors are not discriminated)".
However, spectral violet and composite purple are two very different things; violet is a true colour, a single wavelength of light producing a shade closer to dark blue than purple, the latter of which being a composite colour consisting of both red and violet.
So if you interpret Yukari as "purple" instead of the the spectral blue-ish violet, then instead of her name representing the high-energy border of the visible spectrum, it represents the combination of both of the colours making the borders of visible light. (Incidentally her PCB dress seems more purple than violet, so that could count regardless of which colour you choose to associate with her name.)

Re: A couple of neat connections
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »
That's really stretching it. Remilia doesn't even have anything to do with PCB.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:05:12 AM »
Oh, I agree- that's why its a nifty connection and not a "hey guys look at this totally intended foreshadowing" thread.

Not claiming it was likely to be purposeful; the number of conspiracy theories relying on large numbers of super tenuous connections shows they're going to crop up by random chance often enough. Just thought it was kinda neat is all.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »
That's really stretching it. Remilia doesn't even have anything to do with PCB.

She has enough to do with it to send Sakuya to investigate.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 09:30:01 PM »
She has enough to do with it to send Sakuya to investigate.

Sakuya went out to investigate mostly out of free will, with Remilia's permission. She wasn't explicitly told to do so, Remilia just let her check what was going on and that's it. It's in the game's prologue.