Author Topic: Nan Desu Kan 2015: Sakuya Universe  (Read 7927 times)

3yoyo333

• Holy mother of Hijiri
Nan Desu Kan 2015: Sakuya Universe
« on: September 04, 2015, 03:51:00 AM »

Yooooou guessed it!
It's that time of year again, time for Nan Desu Kan! I noticed that our lovely Ruro has not made a NDK post yet, so I shall do that for her! (If you're not okay with this, please feel free to let me know!)

If you don't remember me, I'm generally Sakuya at the con!

So unfortunately I've grown out of my Sakuya cosplay, didn't finish my revamped Murasa cosplay, and am unsure if my Parsee cosplay fits anymore. So I may be going as alternate outfit Murasa and or just some regular 'ol lolita.

Wearing my Cappy Hap (Captain's Hat) that I might be wearing for NDK and pondering the question... "To bring me anchor.... er not to bring me anchor... aye, that be the question!"

This year, NDK is taking place at the Sheraton in downtown Denver. Here is a lovely video that NDK posted that may help you if you need help getting to the new location. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzGIHTFHrCE

That being said, because of this new location, we will obviously not be meeting in our usual spot for the Touhou meetup and photoshoot. If anyone has any meetup suggestions (probably for Saturday) that'd be lovely!

We'll figure out if I'm going to be posting photos here or not like I have a couple times before, but that is going to depend on my ability to obtain a camera or not! If I manage to get a camera, I'll be sure to post tons of pics with cute stories behind them like how Ruro does. (If you can't tell, Ruro is kinda definitely one of my favorites)

Update: My darling friend is going to lend me her lovely camera for the convention!

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE props. If anyone has any simple props that you think I should bring, let me know! I have tons of fun things! I also carry with me a small emergency kit, but any recommendations for that are totally welcome as well! I'll just give a quick little list of some of the things I was thinking I could bring;

Blankets (for sitting on or whatever else), pocket watches, pads, ladle, giant anchor, stuffed animals, Sakuya Izayoi plushie, stage blood, liquid latex, spirit gum, prosthetic pointed ears, makeup wipes, and lots of other things. If you guys wanna bring some fun props too, I think that'd be great for photos! If I decide to go as alternate Murasa, the ladle and anchor are almost guaranteed to come with.

I should also mention that I will NOT be able to make it to the con on Friday. I have a work call for my school's musical and will be putting microphones on sweaty actors rather than running around at the con.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:33:00 PM by 3yoyo333 »
... and a toilet seat!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Nan Desu Kan 2015: Sakuya Universe
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 04:02:18 AM »
Won't be able to make it this year, but I hope you lot have yourselves a ball!

Also, I already told the Alice cosplayer from last year about this, but you may want to keep an eye out for this creeper guy. I don't know if he'll actually show up at NDK, since he's been spotted mostly on coastal cons (East and West), but it seems like he has been branching out into other cons lately. Please keep him in mind while conventioning, and warn any other Touhou cosplayers you may meet.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

3yoyo333

• Holy mother of Hijiri
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 04:34:42 AM »
Aww too bad! Next time then?  :)

Ugh yeah I've heard about that guy... thanks for the mention. I'm with you, I'm not sure this'd be his kinda con, but it'd be good to keep an eye out just in case.
... and a toilet seat!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »
Yeah, I am not in a position where I could go this year, I'm sorry! I'm out of the country right now, in fact. Knowing I was going to miss NDK this year made it a tough decision, because I sincerely love attending and it's one of the highlights of my year, but I've gone anyway. I hope you guys have had a lot of fun this weekend, and I can't wait to see the photos!

3yoyo333

• Holy mother of Hijiri
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »
Murasa Minamitsu: Gensokyo's newest reporter??? and Oliver! The musical that is literally taking over my life.

Good morning from the Captain, yesterday was a blast! There were so many amazing cosplayers. I found an adorable Reimu that convinced me to do a cosplay video with her, and another Reimu that was cosplaying the Touhouvania version, and there was also a genderbent Reisen.

Here's a nice little preview for you of what went on.

Fawns and Steven Universe: All around me are painted faces.
The Hunger Con: Murasa and Reimu's film debut
Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAKE
Fare the well me sweet anchor?
Body paint: The good, the bad, and the oh **** no.
Lolitas! A tale of hot petticoats for the sake of cute.
~You've got to hug a fursuiter or two, boys! You've got to hug a fursuiter or two!~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogHwP0C5VY

Yeah, I am not in a position where I could go this year, I'm sorry! I'm out of the country right now, in fact. Knowing I was going to miss NDK this year made it a tough decision, because I sincerely love attending and it's one of the highlights of my year, but I've gone anyway. I hope you guys have had a lot of fun this weekend, and I can't wait to see the photos!

Hey there Ruro! So glad to hear from you! While I was looking for that "famous" Touhou pic of Denver, I saw your post about that! I'm sorry that you can't be here, but just know that you are truly missed.

And here's where I get to the disappointing part of the story. Pictures. So because I borrowed this camera from my friend, I have NO clue how it works. If there's an SD card in there, I miiiiiight be able to upload the pictures faster but no promises.

Today you can find me as a Sweet Lolita. I will be drenched from head to toe in pink. If you find me, feel free to ask for hugs and photos and whatnot. I promise, I don't bite!

For now! So long, fare the well, pip pip, cheerio, I'll be back soon! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWscozkRr0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:25:59 PM by 3yoyo333 »
... and a toilet seat!

3yoyo333

• Holy mother of Hijiri
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »
Welcome to Sakuya's Murasa's universe!
Bright and early in the morning, the Captain rolls out of bed, pulls on her clothes, drags her anchor and other equippment downstairs, and promptly falls on the floor.
Too early

My Stepmother is working with her best friend at the booth in Artist's Alley for Bottlecap Graphics, so we started by setting up there. I got registered, got my anchor peace bonded, and got in trouble for having a metal ladle. What? Okay fine, I'll sink ships with a wooden ladle next time! I also saw a really cute Reimu in line at registration! I tried saying something silly to her in my "Captain Speak" and because of how loud it was, it was too hard for her to understand me. Wrong accent for this con I suppose! Finally, after getting all of that done, I started running around to take pictures.

Good morning, Ruby and Sapphire! These two were the first SU cosplayers I saw. They were great! Aaah the joys of nicely sealed makeup.

Adorable Pearl and Grell.

If you notice, I'll be taking pictures of many seemingly odd combinations of characters. This is generally because they 1) Appear to be friends, 2) Saves me time and battery power to get them all in one shot, and 3) Includes people that may not otherwise get their picture taken. I HATE leaving people out and making them have the sads.

I believe the one on the left is from Rozen Maiden but I am NOT positive. Left is someone from Legend of Zelda.

Yay a lolita!

Really awesome Absol Gijinka!

Mako and Gamagori. They were really cute  :3

I only got a picture of this person's face, but they made the entire Touhouvania Reimu themself! They were really nice!

I avoid the show now but I can't avoid the awesome cosplays. Especially this neato Satsuki!

Bah! Another one I needed to have gotten a full body shot of! Princess Zelda.

Alrighty here we have a Markiplier, what I believe is a creepy pasta character, and then I'm not sure where the soldier is from, but I liked his armor.

Pretty sure this is a Cheshire from Pandora Hearts and someone from Vampire Knight.

Another captain! I believe they said they were Spain from Hetalia.

Ciel Phantomhive and a Pokemon Trainer.

Shizuo and Izaya. (For my Onee-chan. You're welcome <3)

I couldn't get this Ryuko's attention at first, so then I yelled "MATOI RYUKO!" and she turned around. I had to try hard not to laugh so much while asking for her photo.

Maid Meirin. God what a cute smile!

Matt and Mello. Only ones I saw too! Usually these guys are as popular as Shizuo and Izaya.

Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea and Meenah. Wadanohara is a sailor and has my haircut. She is my spirit animal. Yes.

Every Rose Quartz I see makes me so happy. Rose reminds me a bit of my own mother. This one had a super nice wig too!

I kept seeing this adorable fawn everywhere! She was such a sweetheart!

This person was very happy that I recognized their Suwako hat.

Someone from Legend of Korra, Catbug, and Haruhi Suzumia

Senketsu turned into a really rad backpack. This person made it themself! Nice job!

I generally try to avoid Sailor Moon (not like I do Kill la Kill, just because I don't know the characters) Pretty positive this is Sailor Serenity. *insert Firefly joke here*

Homura and Armin.

Squidlings! So cute!

Alrighty I'm off to the Con again right now, so I'll leave you with these and upload the rest soon!
... and a toilet seat!

3yoyo333

• Holy mother of Hijiri
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 05:22:28 AM »
Saturday Part 2!

Cute Flutershy.

And here's where I caught up with Reimu again! She was such a sweetheart!

There we go! I knew I had a full body of Touhouvania Reimu somewhere! Both Reimus made their costumes themselves.
I wandered around with them for a little while and we took photos and chattered.

Original Character, Sebastian, Mikasa and uh... someone cute? Can anyone identify this cosplayer?

Nagisa. Ugh the feels. Clannad Afterstory ruined me.

Cute lolita!

Shepard and little one. This is Kronda, the head honcho of Anomaly Con, Colorado's best Steampunk convention. Super rad lady. Check out Anomaly con. Do it.

Raven from Teen Titans. Aaah my childhood.

I can't pass up a cute Miku. I just can't.

Gumi and Rin! Some of my favorite Vocaloids!

Me: Yuno! My favorite yandere!
Yuno: *creepy grin*
Me: OH NO SHE'S CUTE

Buncha Homestucks!

Kiki! Her smile is so big it looks like she just finished a very successful delivery! Good job Kiki!

Pokemon!

Not a huge comic fan, but this Harley was real pretty! Her makeup was so smooth and looked like it had been sealed well. Hooray for sealed makeup!

No clue who she's cosplaying. She said she was going to enter the contest. I hope she did well! She reminds me a bit of Sarah from Labyrinth though. Gorgeous <3

Changeling from MLP:FiM. The person made the mask themself! It's really nice!

Reese and Cyrus. Nintendo's cutest couple.

I was so happy to see this lolita because she said that her mother had made the dress for her! My Stepmother makes tons of things for me as well. I assume that she is a new lolita and was just very kind. She reminded me a lot of myself when I started lolita, loving every minute of being at the con, happy as heck to have a dress made with love. I hope she had as wonderful of a time at the con as she seemed to be having.

Eridan Ampora.

Maria from Book of Life. She told me that there were a Manolo and a Joaquin running around too!

Sardonix! She was gorgeous!

Megurine Luka and a Matryoshka girl.

By this point, Reimu had dragged me over so that we could be a part of a cosplay video. I had never been in one and was SO excited about it! At this point, we waited around for more cosplayers before we could get started. I Shameimaru'd it up while we waited.

Princess Luna (I'm getting better with ploppies, guys. I promise)

Junko from Dangan Ronpa.... er.... Dingledang Runepaps...er.... Dangle Rope. Something.

Aradia sprite and Fefeta sprite. I wanted to give the little Fefeta a hug, but as a rule, I don't hug Homestucks.

This Medusa had her pose DOWN!

MATOI RYUKO

Karkat and Toy Freddy Fazbear

This is my buddy cosplaying Dorian! I call her "Big Kayla" because I'm "Little Cayla" We like to yell at each other about how cute the other is.

Wonder Woman! Someone who was NOT burning up in their cosplay. Lucky duck.

Adorable Stocking

Mr and Mrs Universe

Moogle!

Dualscar. Take me now.

Megurine Luka from Sandplay Singing of the Dragon

Pink lolita! Loved her wig!

Soon enough, we got ready for the video! It was Hunger Games themed and it was really fun! Too bad I didn't do the hand symbol right. Whoops.

Reisen (The initials on the inside of his jacket read "RUI". Nice.)

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. One of my favorite horror animes!

Absolutely adorable Octolings!

Ah! There you are, Manolo!

I caught this person right as they got out of registration and caught just a glimpse of the head. I politely asked for a picture after they had gotten settled in after a while, and they were kind enough to get their suit fully on for me. I also got a hug! Man I sure do appreciate a well groomed suit!

Madoka and Mami. Get out, Kyubey.

"NUDISUTO BEECHI"
Ryuko and Nui as Nudist Beach. Heck yeah.

Harry from Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared

Magical Girl Sylvion. Awww.

Howl and Porrim

Super rad Kishin!

Pokemon again!

Bellydancer!Vriska. Absolutely gorgeous. She said she made most of it herself.

Pretty sure that's Danny's Marisa. Anyway Suwako hat guy had put a squid on her. Too cute~

Another Lapis Lazuli.

Alright story time. So for a week or so, Murdoc kept haunting my LIFE. I kept having dreams about him, seeing pictures of him all over, and ugh it was just bad. So I was a little terrified of him for a while. And then I saw this cosplayer and remembered how much I love Murdoc. Thank you for curing my fear. Bonus points for your nicely sealed makeup.

Moltres and Arcticuno with their trainers. They were peace bonded lol.

Peridot. 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sH*t👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌sh*t right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good sh*t

Now here's where we get the most traumatic con experience I have ever had (don't worry it's not that bad, I'm pretty lucky)
Someone recognized me as alternate Murasa and asked for a photo. I pick up my anchor to sling her over my shoulder and all of a sudden CRAAAACK!
The top circle on my anchor breaks. I manage to get it over my shoulder for the picture at least and then I rush to the Cosplay Emergency room. They're closed. I run back over to my Stepmother at the Bottlecap Graphics booth, to find that she wasn't there. I sit down with her friend that runs the booth and explain between sniffles that my anchor broke. (Please note, this prop is my literal pride and joy.) My Stepmother finally arrives and by this point I'm sobbing. I calm down a bit and then finally shuffle over to the Emergency Cosplay room, broken anchor clutched against my chest. They were open this time. I went in and ended up having to break the piece off entirely in order to hot glue it back together. For now, this would work.

Opal. Aaaah so pretty!

Gary and Ib! Aaah such a good game <3

Totoro! She was so beautiful!

This is my lovely friend, Madeline! She finished this cosplay in a WEEK. I watched her sew the pants in the costume shop at our school during call for Oliver!, which was really fun. It was cute, I asked her if her fawn character had a name and she pauses for a moment and says "Madeline...?"

*screaming noise* Sachiko Shinozaki from Corpse Party! I never thought I'd see a Corpse PArty cosplayer in person! She was awesome!

Cosplay of a band member from Dir En Grey. I asked the cosplayer if they had heard of my buddy, Filthy Warumono (He loves Dir En Grey) and they said he made it! Of course!

Super Sonico. One of my many waifus.

Madeline and another adorable fawn. I believe her name is Hannah.

Male!Yotsuba. I couldn't stop laughing!

Someone from K-on, specifically from a song.

Yoshino, the cutest <3

Sailor Moon villains! Hauntingly gorgeous!

My friend Carolina and her boyfriend as Link and Navi.

Rilakkuma and Vriska.  :3

Male!Sakuya Dio Brando

Danny Phantom. Aah yes, more childhood memories.

Soul Eater gang!

OHOHOHOHOHO! It's another Sardonix!

Cutie pie Meltdown Rin

My ultimate waifu, Black Rock Shooter. Please marry me

More fawnsies! I kept getting the one fawn, lol. I have no problems with that! She was adorable!

My darling friend (my little mini me), Ruth as Stein and a nekomimi Asuna.

Lilith why are you so cute? I know that skull in your hand could very easily be mine, but please.. must you be so cute?

Filthy Warumono as some version of Link from Legend of Zelda. https://www.facebook.com/FilthyWarumonoCosplay?fref=ts Check this dude the heck out. He's so rad!

Madeline Hatter from Ever After high. I have like three dolls of this character. She's so cute.

My wonderful friend, Lindsey! She makes an awesome Grell! Like my anchor, that chainsaw is her pride and joy.

Impressive as HECK makeup on this Caliope and Caliborn.

You have no idea how much I appreciate this sign. Now if only they could post these literally everywhere so that normal people wouldn't be creeps to me *sighs*

Kim Possible and Link

Eveelutions. They were all so nice! I talked to them for a little bit while I was in line for the Dealer's room.

Went into the Dealer's room and wandered around for a good hile. I could NOT decide what I wanted to get. I decided on a grab bag and some snacks from this one vendor. When I opened the grab bag I got snacks and the ugliest plush and figurine. The plush was something called a waddledee and the figurine was this robot dude I think named Bender. They were SO NOT cute at all. I was so mad. I guess that's what I get for choosing a grab bag... not making that mistake again. I also found my favorite Utau, Namine Ritsu while I was in there. I asked for them to meet up with me outside for a picture.

Here's Ritsu and their cute lolita friend! They were such sweeties!

Yet another Lapis and some Stevens.

Tina and Louise from Bob's Burgers. Dangit they were too cute!

Morrigan from Darkstalkers! I should have gotten her and Lilith together since they were in the same area , but also... there were couches in the way of getting to Lilith and I didn't want to make Morrigan follow me over just for a picture.

Now here's a rare sight! Alluring Secret Black Vow Rin!

Absolutely STUNNING Maleficent cosplay. Her wings were retractable.

Valentine from Skull Girls. I don't know much about the game other than that the characters are absolutely adorable. Anyway, she was cute, and I needed a picture. So there you have it.

I have such a soft spot for lolitas. I have to take pictures of all of them.

Super awesome Garnet!

Cutie fawn.

RWBY cosplayers

Just Be Friends Luka. Man I really like her expression for some reason.

Append Miku

Man I don'tt think that she was cosplaying anyone in particular, but she was really cute!

Phew! Okay I know there's a LOT of pictures in this one, but I had so much fun with these. So this beautiful Rydia from Final Fantasy IV was being coached by her friend, Minnie Mouse, on how to be elegant and graceful for the cosplay competition. Their friend, Asuna was also there, spectating. I was sitting in a chair next to them and asked if I could take some pictues. They said it was more than welcomed, so I took quite a few.

Rydia, I hope that if you and or your friends read this that you know what a magical moment that was to watch. Seeing you get the hang of what Minnie was teaching you, and watching you slowly transform into your character was just an amazing experience. You reminded me  of the actors that I work with at my school. They learn throughout the show how to forget themselves and let themselves become their character for a little while, to step into someone else's shoes. I really hope that you did a wonderful job in the contest.

Alright alright, sappy stuff aside, look at this Erisol sprite and Jasperose sprite!

Some people with beautiful makeup!

Godoka, Madoka and... Homura? Sorry I've never seen this show.

Lolitas! Yay so many this year!

More lolitas!

Rolling Girl Miku and Ciel Phantomhive. Miku was woried about what pose to do and I think she found the perfect one! Looks great, Miku!

Not a cosplay, just a really rad outfit!

Alrighty so I'm real tired from walking around again, so I go to sit down. I turn a corner and see...

"Darling!"

Why it's none other than Miia from Monster Musume! Aka: The literal best Monster Girl costume I have seen in my LIFE.

She asked me if I wanted a picture snuggled up in her tail. What kind of question is that? Of course I want to get a Monster hug!

I wandered for a little while and then realized that even though it hadn't been 5 minutes since I saw her, that I missed Miia, so I went back and came in on...

The snake is up!

And now she's mobile! Go Miia, Go!

Double the Monster madness now! I asked my friend Madeline to take a picture with our naga friend, because two Monster Girls are better than one! (Of course I'm pretty sure that Miia counts as at least three since she's so huge!)

Vivziepop's Jay Jay! Wow that was a pleasant surprise!

Jack and Sally. Uh... Christmas in September? Well if it's these two then I suppose that's alright!

This fursuiter was SO awesome! I saw them a little while later, playing with this little kid that was just ENAMORED with them! It was absolutely precious! Shoutout to you for an amazing costume and for being such a great source of entertainment for the kiddo!

I have no idea what kind of light the Toothless put in her mouth to give that awesome glow. But it was super neat.

My new loli buddy, Zoey!

My friend Kelsey as someone from Tokyo Ghoul.

Yaaay~! Alice in the Country of Hearts cosplay group!

At this point, I said goodbye to Miia. I hope I see you next year! Thanks for all the snake cuddles!

Surprisingly enough, this was the only GLaDOS I saw. Love the mask!

I'm not kidding, I almost cried, seeing these two. I really wish that Rose could have lived to see her little boy grow up...

Praise this Me!Me!Me! cosplayer for not showing off her panties to the whole world.

Phew! Alrighty let's end Saturday with this very nice Mayor. Thanks for the Tab, man! The stuff tastes like Pepsi. Pretty good!
... and a toilet seat!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 07:07:28 AM »
Oh man, reading this makes me feel like I'm following along with you! I love your story flow.

Did you go to any panels this year?

3yoyo333

• Holy mother of Hijiri
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »
Good groggy morning. Today I'll be posting Sunday's photos!

Oh man, reading this makes me feel like I'm following along with you! I love your story flow.

Did you go to any panels this year?

Dude that's such a huge compliment, especially coming from you! Thank you SO much!  :3

If it counts, I went to one. In fact, I think that will be the inspiration for Sunday's title!  :V

*Pro wrestling announcer voice* Sunday Sunday Sunday!
The Lolita Tea: More snacks and cute than we know what to do with!

So Sunday we didn't care too much about getting to the Con super early, so we took our time. Oh and I lost my badge and had a major freak out about that. Thank goodness my Stepmother is working with her best friend in Artist's Alley this year and they had an extra badge! It's not like I go to many panels or anything, but you know what, if you're gonna attend a con, get a dang badge, dude. I bought Saturday and Sunday badges, so I figured that it would be okay to just use the extra that Julie (Owner of Bottlecap Graphics) had. Thanks, Julie! You're the best!
Anyway, we got to the con and I immediately started wandering. I see this adorable pair of ears off in the distance and chase down the cosplayer!
Spell Card! Cute Sign: Cosplay Catcher!

Shabadadu! It's Sexy Life from Yuri Kuma Arashi! This anime is SUCH a trip. I kinda fangirled just a little lot because cute bears. Gao Gao! Also from what I could see, in other people's posts after the con, there were two other Yuri Kuma Arashi cosplayers! Unfair! I wanted hugs from all of them!

Vocaloids! (That Gumi was especially adorable.... what are you talking about? Biased because she's my favorite vocaloid? Hush hush now.)

After this picture, literally most of my pics are of lolitas. Because it just so happened that on that day, humanity recieved a grim reminder... we lived in fear of the Frilled Fiends...

Spring Trap! This person was great! You could tell they put quite a bit of effort into that suit. (Oh did I mention that I'm into FNaF? Yeah.... I cosplayed Chica last year because I didn't fit into anything else. Whoops.)

I told you, dawg. It's all lolis from here.

Carolina and her boyfriend again. This time as Jareth and Sarah from Labyrinth. Gah so good...

Cute hat is cute  :3

Princess Unikitty. Yes, just... yes.

I didn't see the person with the longer hair at first, when I asked the other person for their picture. They looked at each other and asked if they could both be in it. Obviously I say that'd be even better! They get together and do this cute pose! Awww!

If I remember correctly, she said this was her dream dress from Angelic Pretty! Congratulations!

I wanted to touch the ears... so fluffy....

She wasn't cosplaying anyone in particular, but I thought her outfit was just precious, so I snagged a pic.

Some lolitas say that if it's from an anime, it's not real lolita. Alright, first off, if it follows the rules of lolita... it's lolita. Second off, I totally mistook this girl for a lolita and asked her what brand her dress was. She was like "Uh... I got it off of this site...." I was like "Oh that's cool! Looks phenomenal for off brand!" I take her photo and then....

Wait there's three of you?! Oh! Oh oh oh! They're from Love Live. Dangit shoulda known. You all look lovely and could pass perfectly as lolitas if you wanted to~

Okay here is someone actually in the lolita fashion, not a cosplayer. I promise. Love the horns. Oh also, the dress? It's got a pentagram in ribbons on the back.

HE'S BACK! I was worried I wouldn't see him this year. This guy always just makes my day!

Awesome James! Alright this is gonna sound silly, but he had the NICEST VOICE. I was like "bruh... read me a book..... please"

Look at least I'm posting more lolitas than something like... oh I don't know.... yeah... I've got nothing....

*heavy breathing* Her dress and bunny were made for each other. I shoulda got one of the giant stuffies from the Dealer's room like that one.... oh well.

Miku! Always a fan of a good vocaloid cosplayer <3

I really liked this person! I didn't get to talk to her much, but she seemed very sweet! (HAAAAH Sweet.... lolita.... okay I'll be quiet)

It's my Big Kayla again! She's from like...Trinity Blood or something....? Idk but she's cute. End of story.  :P

Big Kayla and I chattered for a bit and then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a BEAAAAAAR! I thrust my camera into Big Kayla's hands and had her follow me to chase him down.

Yes I know I got Sexy Life's picture earlier, but I needed more pink in it. Hi that's me :)

So I always want the maximum floof with the minimal amount of petticoats when it comes to lolita. This girl had that DOWN. 2 Petticoats. 2.

What a cute print~ The bow makes me think of Hina a little bit. *Hinacle Miracle plays in the distance*

One of the lolitas that was working at the Angelic Pretty boutique. She was really cute!

Parade of PIIIIINK. So just as I was, these lovely lolis were looking to get tickets to the Lolita Tea. We wandered around together for a good while, in a pretty pink parade, in search of tickets.

Such a fancy dress!

So finally, the pink parade made it to the second building, where the tea was going to be held. My new loli friend, Zoey was sitting down with a few other lolis. She immediately stood up and started waving me in her direction. It took me a bit to realize what she wanted, then I headed on over. She had the biggest grin from pink cheek to cheek. I giggled at her and asked what she had called me over for. She gestured to a very pretty lolita next to her and said "You were looking for an extra ticket? Her friend bailed on her and she's looking for someone to give her ticket to!" Woah woah woah. I wasn't about to take someone's ticket from them for free. I asked her if it was really okay and if I could pay her for it. She told me that I didn't have to, but I insisted. Like I said, she paid for that ticket and if her friend wasn't the one going with her, she should get her money back. Unfortunately I only had enough in bills to give her $25. I asked her if she wanted me to sort though and see if I had enough ones and quarters to cover the other $10. She said not to worry about it. Man thank you SO much for the ticket! You rock!

Here's the lovely lady herself. Thank you so much! Oh! She also made that rockin' headband. Cool stuff!

Alrighty, so from here I was standing in line, waiting for the tea to open, so I wandered around the area and snagged a picture of every lolita I could get.  I'm just gonna throw them all together because I'm too lazy to describe all of them.

"Uh that's not a lolita..." You would be right, my friend! That's Danny and his Touhou puppets! Whoopee! I chased him down as soon as I saw him. The Yukari is new, but he doesn't like her as much because the mobility in her arms isn't as great as Reimu and Marisa

And back to our regularly scheduled program: Lolitas, lolitas, everywhere.

Finally, we get ready to go in! A pretty lolita stands in front of the door with a clipboard. The lolita that was kind enough to give me her ticket pulled me over so that I could go in with her. We entered the room and it was actually very pretty for a lolita tea! There were windows all around, creating a very open space and bringing in tons of natural light. I took a peek at the snack table. It was covered with delicious snacks of all sorts! Scones, small sandwiches, cookies, cakes... there was so much! I sat down at a table with a few other lolitas. I heard a rumor that we weren't allowed to take pictures, so I set my camera down under the table with my bag. Our table was the first full one, so we were allowed to get our tea first. I couldn't help but giggle that we were using Starbucks cups. I wonder if I should have told them about how Anomaly Con does their tea cups. Once everyone was settled in, the lolita that had the clipboard stood in front of a table that seemed to be drenched in pink things of all sorts. She proudly announced Nan Desu Kan's first ever Lolita Tea Party! She told us that the numbers we were given when we walked in were for a raffle. A what now? Yes, a raffle! Everyone would be getting a prize from this raffle! I was so excited. The raffle began and I was one of the first ones to go up. I got the choice between a notebook, an itty bitty tote bag, and a book with a Ball-Jointed Doll on the front. The dolly collector in me screamed as soon as they presented me with the book. It's filled with blank pages, that I will probably use to create a dolly scrap book.

It's so cuuuuute!

After everyone got a raffle prize, they dismissed us by table to get our food. We were allowed two sandwiches, one scone, and one dessert for the first round, that way it was fair and everyone could get something yummy. Only problem was, my raspberry cake fell apart! Oh no! That's okay, it was absolutely delicious anyway! Oh and I took my camera out to get pictures of stuff because I saw some other lolitas with cameras and figured that it would be fine.

"It's time to play some games!" I perked up. "Games?" The clipboard lolita told us that we would be playing games to be able to enter the second raffle. Finally, I would discover what on earth was up with the Cat Cans. There were these adorable cans with kitties on them, that I was just enamored with! They were part of the prizes for the second raffle. "I must have one!" I thought! There was also a $100 gift card to Angelic Pretty that most of the lolitas were ooing and aweing over, but I wanted that dang can!

Game time got serious. Yeah we were all joking around on the outside, but man did we want tickets for the raffle. There were some cute prizes up there and they were going to be ours. Hello Kitty card games have never been more intense. Despite our silly faces and our "Good game, guys!" it was obvious that there was quite a bit of tension. I only got 2 tickets, and I put them both in the bag to try to get one of the Cat Cans. I crossed my fingers. It was the silliest thing, and yet.... I had to have one.
Unfortunately for me, I didn't get any Cat Cans. I was so disappointed! Thankfully the girl net to me got one, so I could take some pictures.

Oh great Cat Can! What glorious wonders do you hold?!

THE CAN COMES BEARING RIBBONS! My curiosity satisfied, I decided that I would survive without a Cat Can.

Another raffle prize was this cute strawberry bowl from Angelic Pretty. It would have gone perfectly with my dress, but... Cat Can...

The raffle ended, and then the Co-ord contest began! I didn't enter because I had Bodyline and off brand things only for my outfit and I know how obsessed some lolis are with "brand" Also, it'd just be one more thing to take up time that could be spent admiring Cat Cans. This girl with a beautiful Mermaid themed Co-ord won! Congratulations! The runner up was super close in votes, so the Capricorn themed Co-ord won a prize as well! Yay!

The tea came to a close and we all got together for a big group photo! It was so sweet, the vampire lolita next to me with the bloody head turned and smiled at me with her little fangs and said "You are one of the most polite and kind lolitas I've met!" Wow! What a sweet compliment! I thanked her profusely! I've only met a handful of unkind lolitas, so that meant a LOT to me! Thank you! You're super kind as well!

Everyone slowly began to make their way out, but I snagged a few more photos before we all left. Zoey wanted me to take her picture and I said "Only if I can use my camera too!" She's wearing her dream dress, and her first Angelic Pretty dress! So happy for you!

And here's our lovely Co-ord contest winner with her prize! Great job, you deserved it!

This lolita's makeup was ON POINT. Teach me your ways oh great makeup mistress.....

This girl's socks were too cute to pass up a photo of. It made me giggle, she and I were really the only two left around aside from the hosts of the tea. We were grabbing leftover snacks that they had BEGGED us to take. She was very nice and I enjoyed talking to her!

Phew! And with that, Nan Desu Kan's first Lolita Tea Party came to a satisfying end. Good snacks, good company, good fun. Now here's where I'm going to step in and compare it to Anomaly Con's tea. I work the Afternoon Tea at Anomaly Con every year since we started doing it. Let me tell you, we've had some train wrecks when it came to that tea. For their first tea, NDK had their stuff down! The only real comment I have is that they could have done what Anomaly does for their teacups. We go to thrift stores all over and collect cute tea cups. Whoever attends may choose their cup and then take it home at the end if they so choose. They also totally overestimated how many snacks were needed. I felt so bad for them, there were TONS of snacks left! This year, Anomaly Con had our best tea yet, we had a great turnout and everyone seemed to be happy with it. The one problem was we ran out of soup. That was it! There was also this one lady that was incredibly unkind and was saying horrible things about our tea. She was the only unhappy person there, which I suppose was just too bad for her. She came up to me and said "You know, you're lovely, but this tea is just UGH!" and I'm like.... you do realize I put this together, right? Ugh... sorry rant over. Anyway overall, the tea was almost on par with Anomaly's best tea. Awesome job you guys! You got yourselves together far faster than Anomaly did. Keep up the great work!

I took back to the halls and to taking pictures.

Found Danny and the puppets again! This time he'd ditched Yukari and brought back Marisa.

And you thought I was done taking pictures of lolitas! HAH!

HAVE SOME MORE!

Zacharie from Off

I need that wig. Badly.

The tiniest Nonon <3 I have to be honest, I was expecting a little girl's voice to come out of her mouth, and a very mature voice came out instead! She was so adorable <3

Oh my gosh. I stumbled upon this Pearl and Rose dancing together and HAD to take pictures. They were absolutely precious.

Love is War Miku!

Oh god this guy. Cracked. Me. Up.  He was flailing around and reminded me so much of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM

Filthy Warumono again!

WHO BROUGHT THIS MEME BACK

Oh my gosh so I go to take this cutie's picture and she starts "awwww"ing over me! HAH! You're silly and adorable :P

A tricorn for you, Ruro. You're welcome.

Awww cute wings~

I asked her if she was cosplaying anyone and she said that she was actually just wearing one of her dresses for singing. I asked her what kinds of things she sang. She does opera! Check her out! https://soundcloud.com/lorelai-lyn

I met this cutie pie at a lolita meetup a while back. I mentioned furries at the meetup and she said that her suit was in the car! I begged her to grab it, so she was kind enough to grab hers and her friend's. (Her friend turns out to be Splat, one of my favorite suiters!) Seeing her at the con made me really happy ! This time she had her tail too!

LOL

And my buddy Karma giving the tail some love. Floof!

And so ends Nan Desu Kan 2015. It was a blast, guys! I had so much fun seeing everyone. Right now I'm absolutely exhausted and am probably going to go back to bed. Nan Desu Kan, I can't wait to see you again in 2016! I love you so, that's why. I say Cheerio, not Goodbye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWscozkRr0
... and a toilet seat!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »
Great stuff! New venue looks pretty neat, too. I need to get back y'all's way one of these years.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"