Author Topic: Tekken  (Read 3756 times)

Tekken
« on: August 28, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »
Anyone here has played any of the Tekken games at all? Always wanted to discuss about it with others asides from those on Zaibatsu. Anyways let's see if anyone will even bother to reply.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Tekken
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:02:43 PM »
I used to be a big Tekken fan a billion years ago with TTT/T4/T5, but after that I kinda lost interest.  Never really liked the bounce mechanics they introduced later in the series.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
I used to play Tekken 2 a lot with my cousin at his house when we were kids, like 8 or 9 years old. It was more or less the first fighting game I had ever played because I wasn't allowed to play T rated games at my own house at that age. In hindsight I don't really care much for it, but it's still got some fond memories.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »
My best friend apparently got big into it when he was in college, so we play a little whenever he's in  town. I admit I haven't put a ton of time into it, but I don't love it. If I've got the time to sink into learning a fighting game I would rather play a 2D one.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:11:09 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »
So why is Yoshimitsu looking like a squid alien in Tekken 7? I mean, he always had a different look throughout the games, but he always was kinda badass every time.

This... I don't know.

Dahel

• Preparing myself for an incoming failure...
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »
Played a lot of Tekken 2 back when the PSONE was still the best technology had to offer and my skills at fighting games were basically "just mash square" ( and not a lot has changed over the years).
Nowadays I...Don't really care about the franchise anymore.
So why is Yoshimitsu looking like a squid alien in Tekken 7?
*Splatoon joke*
Soon

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 01:18:40 AM »
I used to be a big Tekken fan a billion years ago with TTT/T4/T5, but after that I kinda lost interest.  Never really liked the bounce mechanics they introduced later in the series.
They've changed the bound mechanics into the tailspin in Tekken 7. It really nerfed the combo damage. It's like Jin f/df +2 except during a juggle.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 03:00:59 AM »
I wonder if Tekken 7 will be good because it looks kinda lackluster to me! (Compared to the other installments, anyway.)

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »
No Eyes, No Ears
No Nose, No Mouth
No Body, No Mind
No Lei, No Lei

;__;

Kuriz

• Flying Gatekeeper of no real significance
  • Watch out for my my Special Attack MOVE!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 06:35:38 AM »
Tekken Tag 2 online is the most painful thing ever and I can't stop playing it. Send help.