Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions 6: The Questionating  (Read 196534 times)

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
Re: Miscellaneous Questions 6: The Questionating
« Reply #690 on: May 02, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
This makes me think those are actually radio transmitters and the whole telepathy deal is a lie.
We have confirmation that Reisen's transmitters are her eyes. Though I guess the ear clips could still be receivers... or she could be wearing contacts. :V

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #691 on: May 04, 2017, 01:40:19 PM »
I have two questions;

1. Thai wiki said that according to PMiSS, Yuyuko can use her death power on anyone who does not resist but our wiki said that;

死を操る能力とは、文字通り抵抗無く人を殺す事が出来る能力である。
The ability to manipulate death means just as it says, the ability to kill someone with no resistance.

From the way it is written, it basically Yuyuko can easily kill anyone and that person will not resist at all, which gives a completely different meaning. So, I wonder which one is correct?

2. (For those who joined the forum during Touhou 12.3 and before that)

This one is a bit weird and it is totally fine if no one can answer it since it was a long time ago and maybe not all of you ever heard of such a thing.
I haven?t joined the forum at that time yet so I have no idea either whether this is true or not.

I don?t know when he wrote this but it is definitely before the full release of Touhou 12.3 but basically, Thai wiki made fun of our claim on Touhou Wiki that  ?Wriggle, Kaguya and Mokou, who was planned to be added to the roster, was scrapped due to them being overpowered and time constraints.? Thai wiki said that the whole thing was false. He said,

?The truth is that at one point, Tasofro showed the in-game screenshot of Touhou 12.3 but most of the characters were blocked by words so we can?t be sure who is in that screen. A pooshlmer user named Wakaba who, as Thai wiki said it, is one of the wiki editor and he apparently is 100% sure that the green hair character is Wriggle (Sanae), the black hair one is Kaguya (Aya) and the white hair one is Mokou (Reisen). Once the game came out, Wakaba was wrong but he was afraid of losing his credibility so he made the time constraints things up by citing an unreliable source so it becomes what we see today. In fact, there is no way Tasofro would be adding or removing characters since ZUN is the one writing the story. Moreover, there are many overpowered characters in Touhou that is made balanced and playable so why can?t Mokou and Kaguya??

That?s basically it. He didn?t save the screenshot and the discussion because he didn?t think someone would dare write such thing on the wiki.

TL;DR The Wriggle, Kaguya and Mokou scrapped plan stuff was all made up by our wiki editor to avoid losing his credibility.

What I want to know is whether there is such an advertisement before the full release of Touhou 12.3. Either way, those Thai wiki people will eat their own word once they find out this piece of evidence. https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Interview_on_Nae_Radio_(September_2009) They rarely have the Interviews and Statements stuffs which is present on our wiki so they ironically just made stuff up and blame us for nothing once again.

Well, this is the last of their insults that I have found before I joined this forum.

P.S. They also accuse us of stealing their own version of Team 9 named "Baka Ranger" with Daiyousei as the fifth, and made what was ours today.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:03:13 PM by Kageshirou »

« Reply #692 on: May 04, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »
I'm not sure where the original quote is from, but this interview which is from last year backs up the "ZUN wanted Wriggle and Kaguya etc to be in Hisou" thing. Specifically:
Back then, ZUN's candidates were Kaguya as boss, then Cirno, Wriggle, Rumia, and Nitori. That was Plan A.

If the english wiki says that about Yuyuko, I think the thai wiki is correct and it was probably a mistranslation. Nothing in game has ever suggested people can resist Yuyuko's power (the fact that she's so surprised that it won't work on Mokou is evidence that people can't).
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #693 on: May 04, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
So I'm trying to figure out if the Tengu actually have a Fortress on Youkai Mountain or if it's a strange thing I produced and just never shook off as it made sense.

I know that Mountain of Faith Stage 4's subtitle is "Mountain Fortress" but I've looked through everything on wiki but never found anything explicitly mentioning anything about the Tengu actually having a fortress.

Have I gone insane or is there something I'm missing?
This Space For Rent

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #694 on: May 04, 2017, 05:38:47 PM »
If the english wiki says that about Yuyuko, I think the thai wiki is correct and it was probably a mistranslation. Nothing in game has ever suggested people can resist Yuyuko's power (the fact that she's so surprised that it won't work on Mokou is evidence that people can't).
Based on the latter part of your post, i think you meant the thai is wrong?
Also, one of IN ending also says that "the apparently invincible Yuyuko" had a weak point: Hourai immortals. Although that was in the very old translation so who knows.

« Reply #695 on: May 04, 2017, 07:20:28 PM »
Yeah, that's what I meant hahaha. Her conversation in IN extra and pretty much every other time it comes up suggests that her ability kills you whether you want it to or not.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #696 on: May 05, 2017, 12:04:06 AM »
I don?t know when he wrote this but it is definitely before the full release of Touhou 12.3 but basically, Thai wiki made fun of our claim on Touhou Wiki that  ?Wriggle, Kaguya and Mokou, who was planned to be added to the roster, was scrapped due to them being overpowered and time constraints.? Thai wiki said that the whole thing was false. He said,

The Thai Wiki sounds like its ran by a bunch of assholes.

Also, off topic but "apparently invincible Yuyuko" is a amazing title.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Shadowlupus

« Reply #697 on: May 05, 2017, 02:28:08 AM »
Correction: Thai wiki is ran by only one guy. He once said that he wanted to imitate ZUN out of admiration by doing the wiki work alone and don't let someone else edit it. Of course, imo he fails at being ZUN since the beginning.

The Thai Wiki sounds like its ran by a bunch of assholes.

Ohhh....boy, you can say that again. I wish you knew how much I hate them with their elitism and hypocrisy.

But enough of the that, so apparently Yuyuko's power works just like Flandre's but nicer, since you don't get blown to bits but instead, you instantly die but your body is intact.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:40:21 AM by Kageshirou »

Drake

« Reply #698 on: May 05, 2017, 03:28:02 AM »
1. Thai wiki said that according to PMiSS, Yuyuko can use her death power on anyone who does not resist but our wiki said that;

死を操る能力とは、文字通り抵抗無く人を殺す事が出来る能力である。
The ability to manipulate death means just as it says, the ability to kill someone with no resistance.

From the way it is written, it basically Yuyuko can easily kill anyone and that person will not resist at all, which gives a completely different meaning. So, I wonder which one is correct?
無く is the adverbial form of 無い here, it's there to modify 殺す. If it were "to kill people who do not resist" it would probably be 抵抗しない人を殺す事.

As for the second question, it would be interesting to try and find sources from before the release of Soku, but the claim that people were making poorly sourced claims about the unused characters before the game came out, should itself be sourced or is otherwise completely baseless as criticism. Given a source it would be a lot easier to examine rather than just taking it for word.

I mean regardless those characters being considered is true, so even if it were the case where Wakaba was making things up he must've been a prophet. That being said, if there were supposed screenshots, that would be more of a reason to believe it was fabricated, as I doubt they would have made sprites for them if they were dropped early enough in development.

EDIT: As a side note, I'm pretty sure the phrasing "the apparently invincible Yuyuko" is incorrect. I don't remember a line like that when looking though before, but I'm on mobile right now so I can't check.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:35:24 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #699 on: May 05, 2017, 03:45:58 AM »
Where is the Lunar Capital? Is it in Gensokyo or not? Perfect Memento in Strict Sense says that it's part of the Outside World, but in Wild and Horned Hermit, Marisa says that even going to the moon wasn't enough to get through the barrier.

« Reply #700 on: May 05, 2017, 04:26:54 AM »
Obviously, it's on the moon. It has a barrier separating it from the outside world like Gensokyo, but its not actually in Gensokyo.

EDIT: As a side note, I'm pretty sure the phrasing "the apparently invincible Yuyuko" is incorrect. I don't remember a line like that when looking though before, but I'm on mobile right now so I can't check.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww maaaaaaaan
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Drake

« Reply #701 on: May 05, 2017, 04:34:18 AM »
Gensokyo is on Earth but is separated by the rest of the Outside World by a boundary of reality and fantasy. Similarly, the Lunar Capital is on the Far Side of the Moon, but that is also a fantastical version of it. By virtue of both being fantastical places, they can be connected somehow. With other fantastical places not in Gensokyo (such as the Netherworld, Higan, and the Underground) it's relatively easy to see that you can just travel there, but this is the same with the Lunar Capital, it's just really far and requires space travel (or alternative). In all of these cases, you never cross into reality, even when in SSiB they took a rocket to the moon. When Marisa says they didn't cross the Barrier even going to the moon, that's because they took a fantastical way to travel. Their rocket was realistically speaking a pile of junk, but because they used the right fantastical methods, they could get there. Incidentally that's also why the trip in SSiB barely took any time compared to a real trip to the moon, they took a fantasy version of a moon trip where the moon seems much closer to Earth than reality.

tl;dr not in gensokyo, but is also a fantastical world so they could travel there given the means to do so

also zun calls these fantastical places "otherworlds"

« Reply #702 on: May 05, 2017, 02:23:57 PM »
Ah, okay, that makes sense if it's another "otherworld".

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #703 on: May 05, 2017, 02:48:09 PM »
I'm convinced that they travelled through the Dream World in SSiB.

Bougetsushou has a moon rabbit travelling between Gensokyo and the Moon with a Lunar Veil, and it's said that the Lunar Veil is normally used only by moon rabbits. She also claims to be out of sorts because she hit "space debris" along the way.
LoLK has moon rabbits travelling between Gensokyo and the Moon via a route in the Dream World, and it's said that these Kaian Passageways are normally used only by moon rabbits (but implied that you need to have a strong image of your destination to get through them, and someone who wanders into one won't reach the other side automatically). Doremy warns Sanae about hitting nightmare fragments (pronounced "space debris"), saying it would be unpleasant.
Remilia's rocket travels through what looks like space, but has breathable air, which matches the description of the Dream World. The rocket also incorporated part of a Lunar Veil, implying that it travelled there in the same way that Veils do.

Quote from: Doremy (Reisen route)
As you know, the passageway between Earth and the Lunar Capital is the mental world. This is the Dream World!

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #704 on: May 11, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »
Spoiler:
Shit, Prismriver Ensemble disbanding !!
according to Mountain Percher The Tengu magazine "Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia".

or not,
apparently Raiko Butt Horikawa swallowing them into becoming Horismriver(?)(LMAO) Orchestra (with drum in the front stage LMAO)
am i getting this right? confirm please
and it seems the band are doing some kind of false advertising?

remind me how much i like phantom ensemble, reading the earlier article got me disappointed
sorry impatient

edit : i suppose i will rephrase my words into a more cool manner, please don't mind the spoiler part.
In "Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia" article about Prismriver sister and Raiko, says that Prismriver Ensemble are disbanding. but in another segment seems it turn out it just staged to get attention to annouce Prismriver Ensemble are now to be known as Horismriver Orchestra with Raiko as the new leader. is that right?
sorry, just really impatient waiting for proper translation.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:33:08 PM by MANoBadAssGar »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #705 on: May 11, 2017, 01:50:22 PM »
That's basically what happened, yeah. I totally want to get that translated ASAP but work.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #706 on: May 11, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
nice, thanks. still curious about some other detail though, but probably will just wait for the translation.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #707 on: May 11, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »
Wait what!? They are joining together!? Lets see if maybe someday we get everyone music related together! (Benben and Yatsuhashi need more love.) But why is Raiko the leader of the group? (not that I mind~)
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #708 on: May 11, 2017, 11:35:46 PM »
Seems to be Horikawa antics (also to be known as "Horism" LMAO) where she be like "drum in the back are too mainstream, so i put my drum in the front and might as well become the leader while i'm at it".
The related article had been translated by the way, lol.

It would be cool if ZUN make theme for both Horismriver & Choujuu Gigaku.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #709 on: May 11, 2017, 11:39:12 PM »
Seems to be Horikawa antics (also to be known as "Horism" LMAO) where she be like "drum in the back are too mainstream, so i put my drum in the front and might as well become the leader while i'm at it".
The related article had been translated by the way, lol.

It would be cool if ZUN make theme for both Horismriver & Choujuu Gigaku.

I shall read it in a bit! Go Raiko! XD

That would be very cool actually!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Shadowlupus

« Reply #710 on: June 07, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
I'm here to ask for a permission to upload official? images that are missing from our wiki.

Is it all right to upload,

- 4koma in BAiJR?

- 4 different Message Papers like the one in Memorizable Gensokyo. According to the Thai wiki, each of these is received from buying PMiSS at 4 different stores: Toranoana, Melonbooks, White Canvas and Gamers. These papers are not given out anymore.

Of course, the images I'm going to upload are still in Japanese.

For another thing, is there any site for a Japanese transcript for CoLA and BAiJR? As I was looking at both wiki as usual, I noticed that ours misses one or two entire dialogue boxes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 05:04:54 PM by Kageshirou »

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #711 on: June 11, 2017, 01:15:47 AM »
Can Reimu survive having a hole blasted through her head with a real bullet fired from a real gun?

I know, ridiculous question...  I wouldn't be asking this if it weren't for someone asking it first and then being given the response by someone that she can indeed survive a bullet through the head because she has magic, which will keep her alive...

And someone else is sure that if a nuclear bomb is dropped in Gensokyo, the girls can survive no problem because nobody got cancer from being close to Okuu.  Apparently, he can't tell the difference between exposure to radiation and getting caught in a nuclear explosion...

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #712 on: June 11, 2017, 01:28:59 AM »
Depends. If Reimu has Fantasy Heaven active, she can probably survive anything. Otherwise, most likely not, she's human, a bullet to the head will kill most of those easily.

Also a nuclear bomb would kill everyone in Gensokyo regardless of if some of the youkai were physically resilient enough to withstand the blast or be able to regenerate from it, because it WOULD kill all humans, and without any humans the youkai would all disappear anyway.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Drake

« Reply #713 on: June 11, 2017, 02:34:23 AM »
but gaaaaaiz

reimu had a bomb explode in her face in osp and she didn't die

obviously she's super resilient!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #714 on: June 11, 2017, 02:48:05 AM »
Well, if spellcard rules is in play when she got shot, she would probably be fine. Sumireko uses Gun Sign "3D Printed Gun" and she didn't kill anyone. I'm a gun noob I don't know if 3D printed guns are different

Drake

« Reply #715 on: June 11, 2017, 03:17:28 AM »
I think the intention behind the 3d-printed gun Sumireko has is that in current times, such a gun that a high-schooler could access would either not be very dangerous or just explode. Plus this is Japan, where there's the surrounding context that possession of firearms is strictly prohibited.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #716 on: June 11, 2017, 03:23:29 AM »
but gaaaaaiz

reimu is the hakurei god CONFIRMED
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #717 on: June 11, 2017, 04:11:28 AM »
but gaaaaaiz

My thoughts about that bomb is that its power was intentionally toned down by having much less gunpowder than a normal one, so all it did is splatter snow all over Reimu.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

« Reply #718 on: June 11, 2017, 04:43:14 AM »
I think the intention behind the 3d-printed gun Sumireko has is that in current times, such a gun that a high-schooler could access would either not be very dangerous or just explode. Plus this is Japan, where there's the surrounding context that possession of firearms is strictly prohibited.
Yeah I know nothing about guns.

My thoughts about that bomb is that its power was intentionally toned down by having much less gunpowder than a normal one, so all it did is splatter snow all over Reimu.
It's also made by fairies. I wouldn't expect it to be deadly.

Drake

« Reply #719 on: June 11, 2017, 04:58:26 AM »
It's literally a cartoon bomb