Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions 6: The Questionating  (Read 196554 times)

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
Re: Miscellaneous Questions 6: The Questionating
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2016, 11:19:19 PM »
Do all Touhou characters with skirts wear bloomers in canon?

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2016, 11:42:43 PM »
Marisa does. Thats all i can remember.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2016, 05:30:10 PM »
Do all Touhou characters with skirts wear bloomers in canon?
Did you check the wiki and look at the few official print work before hand? It gives some indication.

Reisen is wearing quite a short skirt (above knees) and we'll have to assume that she isn't wearing a bloomer. In Aya's PMiSS picture, she is clearly depicted without a bloomer. Or the bloomer has to be quite small.

So the question Do all touhou characters with skirts wear bloomers in canon is a weird question in general. And the answer is: No, they don't. Feels more like silly fanon question to me.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2016, 06:29:36 PM »
Reisen is wearing quite a short skirt (above knees) and we'll have to assume that she isn't wearing a bloomer. In Aya's PMiSS picture, she is clearly depicted without a bloomer. Or the bloomer has to be quite small.

She wears short bloomers in Inabas.

In general, you can spot bloomers on quite a bunch of girls. There's no definite indication about anyone wearing something else. Of course, it's possible. Like I can picture Sanae wearing something more modern. But there's no definite way to say for sure.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2016, 10:03:50 PM »
How do you pronounce Chang'e?

Also, I still want my earlier question to be answered:
What was the event where ZUN saw a Reimu cosplayer wearing high heels and he said Reimu doesn't wear heels?

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »
She wears short bloomers in Inabas.
Darn, you're right  :X . How could I forget 'Inaba' work. Now that is quite confusing with various depictions, but guess most clear evidence so far for Reisen.

https://translate.google.ca/?hl=en&tab=wT&authuser=0#ja/zh-CN/%E5%AB%A6%E5%A8%A5
Couldn't resist.

« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2016, 03:04:25 AM »
They probably just wear different things on different days. It isn't like their outfits have to be consistent.

« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2016, 04:09:14 AM »
Has ZUN ever talked about Hijiri's boobs jiggling in HM?

What was the event where ZUN saw a Reimu cosplayer wearing high heels and he said Reimu doesn't wear heels?

No one knows what your talking about :V/
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2016, 06:09:33 AM »
No one knows what your talking about \:V/
Pretty sure he/she is talking about that time when Zun disapproved of a cosplayer's Reimu outfit stating that Reimu doesn't wear something that would be as impractical as heels. I assumed it was true whenever it was I read it wherever it was, even though it might almost be apocryphal at this point.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Drake

« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2016, 01:35:26 PM »
i literally just ran a search for "reimu heels" on the forum and found it :|

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15612.msg1023420.html#msg1023420

So the answer is Indie Game Fest 2013 at TGS.
The story isn't quite as disdainful as it's being made out to be. He was asked about the presenter's Reimu cosplay and mentioned her shoes, i.e. heels, weren't right. But the gist of "Reimu wouldn't wear heels" is there.

« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2016, 07:33:50 PM »
While in Japan a month ago I got a few Touhou books. I got both Inaba Inaba books because that is my favorite touhou book by far, but I also got this Tenshi book.

http://i.imgur.com/o7hlnEM.jpg (warning, large photo)
[ruro]good lord the auto image resizer is broken[/ruro]

It seems it was done by Mizuki Hitoshi, Same guy that does the Kogasa webcomic.  Now I really like tenshi, and a friend of mine LOVES her. I would like to get this translated. So I have a few questions.

First, has this been Scanlated yet? I haven't been able to find it, but I may be looking wrong.

Second, Does anyone here do translations of these books? I can do all the scanning, you just need to do the translating part. I may be able to do the cleaning as well, but I wouldn't be very good. My friend thinks she would be able to do it but has just moved and doesn't have the time for a long time.

Third, How does one do scanning without wrecking the book itself? I don't want to remove the binding at all..

Any answers to these questions would be great! Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:18:13 PM by Alfred F. Jones »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2016, 09:25:16 PM »
First, has this been Scanlated yet? I haven't been able to find it, but I may be looking wrong.

Second, Does anyone here do translations of these books? I can do all the scanning, you just need to do the translating part. I may be able to do the cleaning as well, but I wouldn't be very good. My friend thinks she would be able to do it but has just moved and doesn't have the time for a long time.

Third, How does one do scanning without wrecking the book itself? I don't want to remove the binding at all..

Any answers to these questions would be great! Thank you!
First: Check http://voile.gensokyo.org/wakaba.html. I did you the favor of looking on the Touhou Wiki first to confirm that no Mizuki works are in their comics or potential comics list already, but these guys would know best.

Second: Again, this is the Voile people's thing.

Third: HAHAHAHAHA NOPE. Get out that X-Acto knife! There's a reason people who buy things to scanlate get credit for providing the raws, and it's because they had to take apart their binding to do so.

« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2016, 10:25:38 PM »
Ah it got moved into here

First: Check http://voile.gensokyo.org/wakaba.html. I did you the favor of looking on the Touhou Wiki first to confirm that no Mizuki works are in their comics or potential comics list already, but these guys would know best.

Second: Again, this is the Voile people's thing.

Third: HAHAHAHAHA NOPE. Get out that X-Acto knife! There's a reason people who buy things to scanlate get credit for providing the raws, and it's because they had to take apart their binding to do so.

I've never heard of Voile Thanks for the tip. A shame I have to take apart the book... I have scanned some artbooks, but I guess scanning a book like this would require me to take it apart... I really don't want to... No option what so ever huh?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »
I've never heard of Voile Thanks for the tip. A shame I have to take apart the book... I have scanned some artbooks, but I guess scanning a book like this would require me to take it apart... I really don't want to... No option what so ever huh?
Yeah, the Gensokyo.org doujin folk have definitely have a lower profile than they did in their heyday, but they're still around.

And no, there isn't. Most people who buy a doujin knowing they're going to scanlate it later tend to buy two copies for this reason.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2016, 01:37:50 AM »
It seems it was done by Mizuki Hitoshi.
This might save you some trouble, albeit in a different way, because that comic isn't actually by Mizuki Hitoshi. The blurb at the bottom is just an endorsement from him, nothing more.

« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2016, 04:14:50 AM »
This might save you some trouble, albeit in a different way, because that comic isn't actually by Mizuki Hitoshi. The blurb at the bottom is just an endorsement from him, nothing more.

Oh really? Well that confused me haha. Where can I look to find the actual author?

Drake

« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=2508

Thanks. If this has been out for almost a year, I am surprised no one has scanned it yet.

« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
No one even scans the official Touhou comics, so why would you expect every single doujin to get scanned?

Drake

« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2016, 07:15:03 PM »
Doujin culture is such that between doujin shops selling popular artists' works, events where people can get works from obscure artists as a priority, reprinting for further events, sharing between friends and so on, you have plenty of options. There often isn't a need to scan some work for the sake of sharing, within Japan, besides pure piracy.

I'd guess that somewhere around 90% of doujinshi are never scanned.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #321 on: April 14, 2016, 08:24:52 PM »
Does anyone have the Touhou 2 MIDIs recorded in SC-55?
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »
They sound almost the same as on the SC-88 but with generally worse sound and faker, metallic reverb.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #323 on: April 14, 2016, 09:50:52 PM »
They sound almost the same as on the SC-88 but with generally worse sound and faker, metallic reverb.
Can you upload "Love-colored Magic" on an SC-55 so I can compare?
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #324 on: April 17, 2016, 05:43:57 PM »
Are those really energy swords coming out from the Prismrivers' hands?

Thanks in advance!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2016, 04:44:06 PM »
If Koishi's actions entirely stem from her subconscious, with her actual conscious self having no control at all over these actions, what would happen if she were to gradually become seriously depressed and feel despair in her condition?

e: I guess this is more 'what if' isn't it? Which just got locked, apparently. My bad.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:57:18 PM by Mеа »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2016, 05:15:56 PM »
If Koishi's actions entirely stem from her subconscious, with her actual conscious self having no control at all over these actions, what would happen if she were to gradually become seriously depressed and feel despair in her condition?

e: I guess this is more 'what if' isn't it? Which just got locked, apparently. My bad.

Nah, the What If? threads were spam recepticles for jokey, three-word replies to jokey speculations. Your question seems more like something that could be answered legitimately.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #327 on: April 19, 2016, 08:07:03 AM »
Well, as far as I can tell, that sort of thing is what caused her to seal away her third eye and conscious mind in the first place.  Though that despair came from the stigma of reading minds, which she doesn't have to worry about anymore.
But there are also two other somewhat contradictory things to take into account as well.  The first is that "mind" and "heart" are interchangeable terms in Touhou: when she sealed her eye and mind, she also sealed her emotions as well.  This is why the Mask of Hope was such a big thing for her, it allowed her to have a strong emotion even without thoughts.
And the second is that the seal is not perfect.  There are elements of her actions that suggest the presence of a mind behind them.  The biggest one is in the SA Extra, where because of her memories of her sister and their pets, she engages the player in battle.  What's weird is that in HM they actually make a point of her lack of memory in her storyline!

So what would a depressed "mindless" Koishi do?  I cannot say for sure, but it would probably be a subtle tinge to her usual actions.  Unless she ganks Kokoro's Mask of Sadness, in which case it would overpower her completely and bad stuff is going down.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #328 on: April 19, 2016, 11:04:40 AM »
The Touhou Wiki said that during 1945, the Hakurei Barrier weakened for the first time. 

Theoretically because of radiation of the two atomic bombs dropped probably nearby?

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Drake

« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »
The weakening of the Hakurei Barrier is due to its "rebirth" every 60 years. If you go back another 60 you'll notice it's 1885; the year the Barrier was erected. The influx of dead in Higan is related to the 60-year cycle, and the flowers in Gensokyo being affected by the dead is because of the Barrier weakening, but the deaths and the Hakurei Barrier aren't directly related.