Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions 6: The Questionating  (Read 196537 times)

Camilo113

• Luck, Resilience and Perseverance
  • Gensokyo is capable of change
Re: Miscellaneous Questions 6: The Questionating
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2015, 12:37:03 AM »

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2015, 12:48:01 AM »
You mean proof? Well, her art shows her having one tooth. I think that's enough evidence.
Spoiler:
(Unless she's not showing all of her teeth in which case my question is nullified.)
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Drake

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2015, 01:00:56 AM »
see: everything hirasaka has ever drawn

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2015, 01:36:54 AM »
When you have masticating magic you don't need teeth.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2015, 10:55:09 AM »
You mean proof? Well, her art shows her having one tooth. I think that's enough evidence.
Spoiler:
(Unless she's not showing all of her teeth in which case my question is nullified.)
http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/1/15/OSP3_cover.jpg

:V

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
Ah, that’s right. It’s unrelated, but did you know that the origin of red and white banners as an auspicious symbol is from True Hachiman? Most people have forgotten about it. It's such an old thing.
...So, Yukari messing with mind boundaries confirmed? Or is she just reading CoLA from behind the fourth wall?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Drake

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2015, 02:10:49 AM »
...So, Yukari messing with mind boundaries confirmed? Or is she just reading CoLA from behind the fourth wall?
itisamystery.gif

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2015, 05:27:25 AM »
About the topic I made which was blocked. Sorry guys, I had to read the rules four times before I truly understand it. Seriously sorry.

Now, requesting permission to restart topic, but this time by following the rules. And again, A thousand sorry's to everyone.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »
These "how you got into Touhou"/"what was your first Touhou" threads get remade every few months.

Can we please not have one of those again for at least one more year or two? I'm sure you can come up with something more interesting to discuss.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »
Okay, I'll think of some other topics to start with :smug:

How many Maidens have been sent to the Nuclear Furnace for an ETERNITY?

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2015, 10:20:34 PM »
Can someone here summarize Miko's Philosophy here for me? All that i remember about it is that she thinks humans need a leader. I don't remember the rest.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2015, 07:54:37 PM »
Did Marisa say she wanted to become a youkai, or did she say she doesn't want to? I remember her trying to create an elixir of immortality, but i'm not sure about the becoming youkai thing.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2015, 08:22:51 PM »
Apparently, there are some restrictions on using Yukkuris in your stuff. In particular, if it has a Yukkuri Reimu, then it can't be uploaded to Youtube. Could anyone verify that this is what's being said?

foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Drake

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2015, 02:40:05 AM »
Did Marisa say she wanted to become a youkai, or did she say she doesn't want to? I remember her trying to create an elixir of immortality, but i'm not sure about the becoming youkai thing.
She doesn't really. She wants some of the perks of being long-lived and physically resilient/regenerative, but doesn't want to actually relinquish her humanity or anything of the sort, so it's become kind of a running theme where she gets interested in these techniques but shys away from the consequences.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2015, 05:49:12 AM »
How long after touhou 14 got released did it get announced that it'd be released online via playism?
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Drake

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2015, 07:02:28 AM »
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Double_Dealing_Character
The full game was released on August 12, 2013
On August 10, 2014, both ZUN and Playism confirmed a digital download for the game, available on the site of Playism.
On April 7, 2015, Playism announced that it would bring the game to western territories.

« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2015, 01:52:56 AM »
Apparently, there are some restrictions on using Yukkuris in your stuff. In particular, if it has a Yukkuri Reimu, then it can't be uploaded to Youtube. Could anyone verify that this is what's being said?

Those look like guidelines for the specific Yukkuri graphics offered on the page in question, not Yukkuris in general. But yeah.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2015, 04:01:19 PM »
Can someone here summarize Miko's Philosophy here for me? All that i remember about it is that she thinks humans need a leader. I don't remember the rest.
She thinks people should be true to themselves and follow their desires, basically, and sees Buddhism as a shallow ideology that's only good for pacifying the masses. This is contrasted with Byakuren thinking people should change themselves and be rid of all desires, and that Buddhism is applicable even for youkai.

Religious pitches in Gensokyo probably go something like

Miko: "So you wish to become my disciple? That is understandable; not to boast, but I am quite literally blessed by heaven with talents beyond that of mortal man. Very well, I can provide an environment and a training regime which should be suited to your needs. Make no mistake, however: I cannot guarantee you will gain anything from this experience. I merely provide a starting point, and after that everything is up to you. Regardless of your approach, I will neither praise you for good work nor chastise you for your mistakes. As long as it doesn't affect me or your fellow students, I don't even care if you use what you have learned for good or for evil - that's your business, not mine. Knowing this, are you still willing to continue? Alright... you can start your training by fetching me a drink."

Byakuren: "Myouren Temple offers a sanctuary for those who would be shunned by the wider world. Here we believe that youkai are equal to humans in the eyes of Buddha, and through devotion all can be saved. No matter how many crimes you may have committed in the past, even if you have lost all hope of redemption, we will never turn someone away; fear not for your own weakness, for you are loved. I know there have been rumors lately of some of our acolytes displaying... problematic behavior, but rest assured: we are quick to discipline members of our flock when need be. Rather, the mere fact that they have chosen to attend services here should be proof enough that they are compassionate souls who are struggling against their darker impulses and meant no harm by their actions."

Kanako: "That's an awfully nice mountain you got there. Shame if something were to happen to it."

Reimu: "Donate to the Hakurei Shrine today, and you could win a prize! What's the prize? Well that's, erm..."

Drake

« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2015, 04:37:10 AM »
To be fair to Kanako, she's really all about progress; industrial in particular for the technologically (mainly infrastructure) poor Gensokyo. Her goals benefit herself by being the face of change, but since she believes she knows what's best to push Gensokyo forward (in some sense) and that her goals "should be" beneficial for others, her primary platform is "the world should be fulfilled in all aspects as much as possible, and I know how to make that happen and be relevant for you".

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2015, 11:24:55 PM »
Thanks for the answers guys.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Phantasmal

• I'm good at breaking the forum rules on accident..
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2015, 10:01:55 PM »
When did Rinnosuke make the Mini-Hakkero for Marisa, in-between-games wise?
In which game did it first canonically appear?
Thanks in advance.

Drake

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2015, 03:03:36 AM »
It's kind of assumed that because she could use the Master Spark in EoSD that in-universe she would have had the mini-Hakkero before then. Additionally in the CoLA illustration Marisa looks like a wee tyke. In PCB's prologue it says her home is heated by some magical heating, but the manual says it was a hot spring she summoned. Due to this (and its non-existence in IaMP) I don't think it was really envisioned at the time.

The formal introduction to the mini-Hakkero came in June/July 2004, inbetween IN's trial and full release. It doesn't show up in PoFV nor in IaMP as far as I can tell so first time it's physically shown in a game would have been MoF.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:05:22 AM by Drake »

« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2015, 03:38:16 AM »
How many people attended Reitaisai 12?

Drake

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2015, 05:50:31 AM »
Approximately 52000 were in general attendance for Reitaisai 12, but that doesn't count the additional 3800 participating circles.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/44056548.html
http://reitaisai.com/rts12/name-circle

Bic?-

• Da best n00bie evah 'u'
  • Fufufufufu--
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2015, 03:26:20 PM »
https://youtu.be/Zu899UauMj4?t=67
Just for curiosity, who is that woman?

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2015, 05:21:51 PM »
Sendai Hakurei no Miko, a fanmade character more popular than others. She is supposed to be the previous Hakurei shrine maiden.

Ironically, while she is supposed to originate from MUGEN, I don't think I ever saw her in a battle before. :V

(I'm assuming you're not talking about Yukari.)

Bic?-

• Da best n00bie evah 'u'
  • Fufufufufu--
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »
Oh... strangely, I've never heard of her... :derp:

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2015, 12:36:29 PM »
Who would be the best opposite of Reimu ? I think it's Rika because I see Rika as determined as Reimu and instead of using occult/magic thing, she uses science. I don't see Marisa as the opposite of Reimu at all but as a friendly rival.
While Reimu is relying on her yin yang orbs, Rika relies on her machines/tank.

Who do you think is the opposite of Reimu ?

« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »
Reimu is apathetic and antisocial, yet driven by a deep sense of duty. She's highly talented and everything comes easy to her. By contrast, Marisa is curious and friendly, and follows her whims more than anything. She's a hard worker who doesn't really want to draw attention to it. This is the basis of them being foils to each other. If you want to talk about powers, then Reimu's deals with things that are spiritual and unknowable, while Marisa practices a form of the scientific method that involves a lot of research and experimentation. I mean, yeah, it's magic, but when magic exists then the study of it is a form of science.

All that said, they're really quite similar deep down, so it's easy to see why they're good friends and friendly rivals.