Author Topic: Touhou 15 「東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom」 Patch 1.00b released  (Read 216035 times)

PK

• Border of Whatever
5. Junko's purify power is to return objects to their status before they were named, aka god's power. CoLA had talked about this (I thinks it's chapter 14). Before they received a name, objectss are gods. After they are named, they lost the quality of gods. Junko's power is basically "making god". (So I think we may say that Clownpiece temporarily became a god in LoLK, yet her power is still said to be weaker than Sagume).
That's interesting. Would this mean "Junko" and "Clownpiece" aren't actual names but rather something like a descriptive thing, like "Dragon God"?

Besides, i google-translated the interview, and for what i could grasp Junko isn't the type to settle in Gensokyo. Add also that youkai are supposedly unable to see her (or maybe it's exactly because of this), i fear she is gonna disappear from canon really quickly.

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Congratulation to Sagume and Hecatia for being the first LoLK characters to make (cameo) appearance in official manga.

Congratulation to Sagume and Hecatia for being the first LoLK characters to make (cameo) appearance in official manga.

Oh, they did?  In which manga?

Probably in one of those "Girls Reminiscing their latest adventure" kind of flashbacks eh?

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Oh, they did?  In which manga?
This month's FS.
Probably in one of those "Girls Reminiscing their latest adventure" kind of flashbacks eh?
Well, from the spoiler, (which, by the way, i feel like the amount of spoiler this time is way more than it used to be)
this whole chapter is reminiscing (or summarizing) all of the stuff happened in this year....

So guys, i found some very interesting and i also have question about Junko's profile:

Based on this translation of the Zhou Zhuan (Source):
The prince Kui, [Shun?s] minister of Music, married her, and she bore to him Bofeng, who in truth had the heart of a pig, insatiably covetous and gluttonous, quarrelsome and perverse without measure, so that men called him ?the great Pig.?

So apparently Zhou Zhuan's Bofeng was "mehhhhhh" and if this Bofeng is the same Bofeng in Touhouverse, it's just ultra weird and kinda disturbing for me...
Also in Junko's origin of touhou.wikia mentions " Yi usurped the previous ruler (Ch?n H?'s former husband) and married Ch?n H?, having a child with her named B? Fēng (伯封) who he later killed." Is this really on purpose like that? If so can I have the source for this :)?

The line says 「全ての地上の生き物を殲滅する」, and particularly 地上 here means "surface", not "Earth", which would have been 地球 or something. They were trying to wipe out the area so they could move there, hence the rover killing the wildlife. Just Gensokyo, not the whole planet.

This is from, like, half a year ago, but I'd just like to point out that Lunarians have always called the Earth "地上" in every Touhou text I've seen in Japanese. As far as I know they've never used any other word for it. I think it's supposed to emphasize that they consider themselves heavenly beings.

Also, Reisen mentions in an FS chapter that the Lunarians consider wiping out all of humanity a popular coffee table conversation, so it's not like they'd be totally adverse to it. The phrasing of the line makes it sound like a side effect anyway.

Drake

Yeah I've rethought that after reading more moonies again. It was still a dumb plan from the beginning though if they actually had the potential to wipe out everything.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:33:27 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Yup, I've already noticed this after ZUN's interview. The Lunarians don't exactly discriminate between Gensokyo and Outside World:
Quote from: ZUN
Hmm, would the Lunarians continue to sleep, or would they do a full-blown relocation of the capital to Gensokyo...? Would they completely overtake Gensokyo? In that case, there wouldn't be any living things in Gensokyo, and that would affect the outside world, too. That would end up causing the purification of the planet. Since she didn't want to do that, she only threatened to purify Gensokyo
Emphasis mine. Makes you shiver about what kind of destruction Sumireko inadvertently almost brought about, doesn't it?