Author Topic: Touhou 15 「東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom」 Patch 1.00b released  (Read 218279 times)

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
One way to dodge Junko's final spell card is to stay at the bottom of the screen so that you only have to move left and right.  It makes things easier, for me at least.

*Big McIntosh voice* Eeyup.
Not gonna explain how though, since it will require using terms I don't know English words for.

That's a pretty interesting assertion you put here. You imply that you can detect oxygen with certainty from a couple of hundred thousand miles away with our current technology.

If you don't know how to say the terms in English, then, could you post some links for proof? I would like to look at this.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
It turns out that you actually do get some unique text (spoiler warning?) at the end of the Staff Roll for a no-miss Legacy clear.
Spoiler:
"You have surpassed a god!"
;
Spoiler:
"Brag to everyone!"
/
Spoiler:
"You're better than a TAS!"
/
Spoiler:
"Are you even human??"
for Normal/Hard/Lunatic respectively.
Interesting fact: I already saw the Normal text - Enamel9x managed to pull off a normal no-miss clear already, and it looks like he's working on Hard.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
That's a pretty interesting assertion you put here. You imply that you can detect oxygen with certainty from a couple of hundred thousand miles away with our current technology.

This is a weird derail, but yes, yes we can. In fact, we can see molecules of oxygen all the hell way out in the Orion star cluster. A giant blob of breathable gas on the surface of the Moon would be easily observable.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:49:50 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

If you don't know how to say the terms in English, then, could you post some links for proof? I would like to look at this.

Very easily, in fact.  There's entire fields of physics and chemistry devoted to it, known as spectroscopy.  Atoms and molecules tend to absorb light at signature wavelengths, like a fingerprint for each individual compound.  Examine the light radiated by a star or reflected from another celestial body.  There are gaps in the spectrum that correspond to what wavelengths compounds in the atmosphere absorb and adsorb.  (Usually, there's a correction needed to account for Doppler motion.)  The most impressive examples have gaps in the visible light spectrum, but these telltale gaps are throughout the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

Finding oxygen in the lunar atmosphere would be simple.  Take a broad spectrum radio transmitter in Earth orbit (away from all that interfering oxygen in the atmosphere) and aim it at the moon.  Point radio antennas in space at the moon to measure the light reflected back.  If there is a gap in the receive signal from 55-65 GHz, there's molecular oxygen in the moon's atmosphere and someone somewhere has some 'splainin' to do.

I stand corrected, I read up on link posted. It uses infrared technology to detect oxygen molecules.

So, the question I would have would be, does the outside world use this specific Telescope (or do they have more than one such telescope with such capabilities?) to monitor the moon all the time?
This is in response to the original statement that the outside world would easily detect oxygen levels on the moon, which I don't agree with.

Tengukami

I don't know why you're digging your heels in over this needling point, dude, but you're welcome to use The Google to learn all about moon stuff and astronomy. People will still be discussing the actual game when you get back. Cheerio!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Could someone link me the English patch? (apparently there's one)
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

THcrap supports Touhou 15 and the English translation is in progress, but will be automatically updated as progress is made.
Also feel free to help translate at https://thpatch.net/wiki/Touhou_Patch_Center

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Some thoughts on future characters' appearnace.

Seiran and Ringo: Probably will appear in Gensokyo, since they don't really care about purity stuff and Ringo likes Gensokyo.
Doremy: She can only stay in her world and do her own business, unless
Spoiler:
there is something wrong with Sumireko and her doppelganger
or there is other stuffs happen in dream world.
Kishin: Same as Doremy, stay in her place and do her business,
Spoiler:
but Yukari did want Marisa to keep in contract with whoever made the occult ball
Clownpiece: GFW 2
Junko: Don't know. She is not going to stay in the moon, but if she is going to be in Gensokyo, not sure where can she stay.
Hecatia: Probably is going to appear in the future since she is interesting in Gensokyo.

Has a consensus been reached on Junko's backstory? I hear a lot of people saying Junko's son was one of the Suns Houyi shot down, but that doesn't sound right to me. Last I heard, Houyi was Junko's husband (and later Chang'e's), and the sun he shot down landed on Junko's child which also doesn't make complete sense. Can someone please give me the real story (if we even know what it is)?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Has a consensus been reached on Junko's backstory?
None has been reached yet, as far as I know.

I hear a lot of people saying Junko's son was one of the Suns Houyi shot down, but that doesn't sound right to me. Last I heard, Houyi was Junko's husband (and later Chang'e's), and the sun he shot down landed on Junko's child which also doesn't make complete sense.
Adding my 2p:
- I think Junko's story is based on the legendary account of Xuan Qi (Chun Hu) [see gilde's post]. Evidence in favour:
  - Xuan Qi had one child, a son whom Houyi killed, which fits perfectly compared to the notion of him being one of the nine suns shot down.
  - Their names share the same characters. In fact, Chun Hu and Junko both mean "pure fox": "fox" for Junko's tails, and "pure" is self-explanatory.
  (I admit that the evidence isn't much.)
- With the above said, I think Junko's story has nothing to do with the legend of Houyi shooting down the nine suns---this is where Hecatia comes in.
- Scrutinising their profiles, I'd say that Houyi is Chang'e's husband in Touhou lore.

Can someone please give me the real story (if we even know what it is)?
Houyi and Chang'e legends are messy, so ZUN had a number of different ways to go about it...

Nonetheless, another 2p: as to how Houyi fits with all three legends (i.e, sun-shooting, Xuan Qi, Chang'e with the immortality elixir), there is a variation (and there are a LOT) which allows one to account for all of them and (Reisen ending spoilers)
Spoiler:
his Sun position in Eirin's diagram
:
1. Houyi and Chang'e were banished from Heaven (Touhou's Moon) after the former shot down the nine suns.
2. He obtained the elixir, then Chang'e consumed it and floated away.
3. He became a tyrant following his separation from his wife, then presumably wronged Xuan Qi.
4. He was later killed and his spirit ascended to the Sun.

(Having typed all this out, methinks I need to revise my Chang'e-drank-Elixir-then-was-banished theory.)

Edit: Whoops, I've just realised that this doesn't address how Junko knows Chang'e is Houyi's spouse. In which case, swap (2) and (3). :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:39:19 AM by Kaizaki »

Currently it is still being worked on as of this post but don't worry, you can track the progress of its development at http://thpatch.tumblr.com/ and checking out the latest tweets there... that's what I have been doing. :P

I'm going to wait a little while after the English patch gets released so that there will be more time for it to be polished by additional people who contribute and refine the patch... because I disable the auto updates when I install it (reminds me of the good old days of stand alone patching).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Th15 is impossible at first, but every time I play through another shot in pointdevice, I figure more and more out that makes each stage portion and each boss attack easier to consistently capture without too much difficulty. (Although granted, it's more like bringing it down to realistic levels, in terms of some boss attacks and stuff like laser+star spam bulky fairy trio in stage 5, but that's what bombs are for.) I cleared Reimu Pointdevice normal without a huge amount of retries and only used one bomb for the triple laser ying yang in stage 4 right before midboss, and figured good ways to hit the bonus graze point for a lot of attacks that it doesn't just... happen for naturally.

It's not really a "pick up and play" game and Legacy runs for the vast majority of people are gonna feel dirty from bombing regardless, but I really like figuring out the game through pointdevice to prepare for Legacy runs. I want to wait until the endings are translated before I start playing through legacy, but I feel pretty confident I can get non-stupidly-high-bomb clears of Legacy with all shots pretty well now. It's a good feeling. <3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
Goddammit ZUN why do you do this.

I'm quoting this message because I can't find when ZUN started using circles for collision detection, it's a recent change for LoLK's engine?

Yesterday i did a pointdevice with Reisen and her story is fully translated as well as her legacy mode, don't know about Reimu, Marisa and Sanae, but i bet their stories are translated on both modes as well i don?t know about Extra modes.

I gotta say to me this is the hardest Touhou game i have ever encountered. I think Pointdevice is harder than Legacy actually, reason for it being that when you lose a life you get 3 bombs back and in Pointdevice if you run out of bombs in a complex patern then you have to tough it out. For as good as people say Reisen's bombs are, the extra hit points can be wasted on particular spellcards such as Trembling Shivring Star which require the player to have a small hitbox in order to dodge the danmaku.

The only spellcard Sagume has that i have trouble with is Orb Sign "Disorderly Flock's Curse"

Clownpiece is the hardest of all stage 5 bosses, harder than Seija, Shou, Sakuya, Orin, etc.
In addition to having an already tough stage that is the closest Touhou has been to Seihou, her nonspells and spellcards love to trap you.
Great examples of this are her Prison Sign "Hell Eclipse" , Prison Sign "Flash and Stripe" and Hellfire "Graze Inferno"
If it's your 1st time fighting her you will lose a few lives trust me.

Junko granted doesn't have manny complex patterns, but spellcards don't need to have complicated paterns in order to be effective, and her spellcards are really fun as well, my favorite in terms of fun dodging is her " Primordial Divine Spirit World "

Really looking forward to Junko and Clownpiece possibly appearing in another game as well as a possible interaction between Seija and Sagume since they are both Amanojaku
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:37:25 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yesterday i did a pointdevice with Reisen and her story is fully translated as well as her legacy mode, don't know about Reimu, Marisa and Sanae, but i bet their stories are translated on both modes as well i don?t know about Extra modes.
Endings are not translated, Extra is not translated, but apart from that the main thing missing is just Stage 5/6 for Marisa's route.

But yeah, even if pointdevice is arguably harder (I'd say it isn't quite; a large majority of things you can clear without bombs in pointdevice that you'd probably need to bomb in legacy. However you do still have a very good point and at certain degrees it can be easier in Legacy once you're good enough to get overwhelming resources) Pointdevice is still very necessary for learning the game before you can hope to do a good job tackling it in Legacy. Especially Clownpiece's fight... oh god. I think Pointdevice is a really cool kind of Practice Mode.

On Disorderly Flock's Curse, if you get high and mostly stream downwards  standing right below Sagume (and then loop around the side for a second at the last bit of ofuda) you can quickly end it by the end of the second wave as any character. On Sagume speedkill strats are so real that it's -totally- funny.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
I'm quoting this message because I can't find when ZUN started using circles for collision detection, it's a recent change for LoLK's engine?

It's for this game.
The previous hitboxes go as far back as SA.

Drake

It's pretty easy to figure that the reason the hitboxes are less lenient in this game than 14.3 is because he changed collision in general rather than just the sizes.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
It's pretty easy to figure that the reason the hitboxes are less lenient in this game than 14.3 is because he changed collision in general rather than just the sizes.
How so? I don't remember exactly how collision was supposed to work in previous games, though I do remember seeing somebody explain it somewhere on here a long time ago. Just based on my experience, it doesn't feel like there's anything different other than the hitbox sizes themselves. Does it have to do with the whole squares-vs.-circles thing?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
It's for this game.
The previous hitboxes go as far back as SA.

Well you're wrong. The change start with DS. TD uses a lot of unusual bullets sprites, so I don't really know about it; not to mention I don't play it, but DDC also has those hitboxes LoLK has. Its understandable that you wouldn't know because nobody plays DS, but DS hitboxes are massive.
I can't speak for the collision thing Drake talks about, that may be another factor, but as far as hitboxes itself go, LoLK isn't anything new.

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Has a consensus been reached on Junko's backstory? I hear a lot of people saying Junko's son was one of the Suns Houyi shot down, but that doesn't sound right to me.
This is exactly what I am wondering about. There is nowhere in the text that says Junko's son is the sun and I don't know why a lot of people say that.
Can someone please give me the real story (if we even know what it is)?
All we can tell from the story is that(this is based on in-game text, but please correct me if I say anything wrong): based on character profile and Resian's pointdevice ending, Houyi was Junko's husband and they had a child, but then Houyi kill the child with some reasons and ran away with Chang'e, although Junko later killed Houyi as a revenge.
For the part about sun, that is in Hecatia's profile: part of the reason Hecatia hates Chang'e is that her husband Houyi shot down the sun(Apollo), which weakened the shadow in hell.

TBH, I don't think people should explain the story by the legend or folklore that it is based on. It is common that ZUN make a mistake in understanding a legend and then create a character based on that misconception or make a character who contradicts the legends that she is based on(for example, Seiga) , and it looks like ZUN made the same thing again this time, by mixing up two of the Houyi in history. Also, since ZUN is probably combining Chinese mythology (Chang'e and Houyi) with Greek mythology (Hecatia and Apollo) into one stroy, it is not enough to only use the legend to explain the whole plot. For example, if Houyi, based on the legend, shot down nine of the suns in the sky, does that mean all of them are Apollo or only one of them is?  We can use those legends as references, but they are not used for explaining Touhou story.

PK

• Border of Whatever
So, according to extra,
Spoiler:
Hecatia and Junko actually plan to visit Gensokyo. I think we'll see them again, after all

Also:
Spoiler:
Marisa: You get the moon involved, an' just about everything takes forever.
  :V

So I've been playing Extra and writhing in pain, and I've found possibly the most annoying Bug ever. Basically, after Hecatia's Moon Bonanza, if you bomb just before the spellcard times out,  Junko appears without a health bar, so yeah, you're basically left there to die until you time her out, which is basically impossible unless you have the hands of a surgeon.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
which is basically impossible unless you have the hands of a surgeon.

[Citation needed]

What a ridiculous exaggeration.

Just some random thoughts after reading Extra's dialogues:

Since Hecatia and Junko are planning to visit Gensokyo, maybe we can see Clownpiece too since she has no reason to stay on the Moon anymore. I can see Hecatia and Clownpiece going back to Hell aftewards but maybe Junko can stay in Gensokyo (or she can go to Hell with Hecatia).

...Wait, Hecatia has three bodies, so it would be more convenient for her to visit Gensokyo using her Earth body, which I believe is the blue haired one.

Sagume seems too important to not be used again, but she's on a difficult position being not only someone from the Lunar Capital, but also someone who doesn't like to appear in public... I'm really hoping for another manga/novel related to the Moon, it would be interesting.

[Citation needed]

What a ridiculous exaggeration.

It's an hyperbole, it's not meant to be taken literally.

EDIT: Alright, I apologize for that sarcastic reply. No need for more sarcasm.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:59:20 PM by Quils »

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
I was afraid we'll never see these girls again, i'm glad honestly.
I missjudged Hecatia's personality based on her portrait, She reminds me of those mean teenage girls you usually find in school. Sanae's scenario... I thought she wouldn't make it alive  :ohdear:

she can go to Hell with Hecatia.

Lol

Tengukami

It's an hyperbole, it's not meant to be taken literally.

Well I'm glad you clarified this, because like Sakurei, I also took you completely literally. So I went to the hospital with my laptop and asked an attending cardiosurgeon to give LoLK a try, and he failed terribly. We were both pretty confused, as I showed him your post and everything. He began to doubt his abilities as a doctor. I should probably call him and tell him you were using hyperbole for comic effect. Next thing you'll tell me people aren't actually punching holes through their laptop screens trying to beat Clownpiece's first spell card.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Plz.

Anyway, yeah, marisa's last two stages and everyone's Extra stage was added to the thcrap patch this morning. Only the endings (and I think the stage 4~5 character title images) are left untranslated.

Tengukami

Good to hear! I won't be patching anything until the endings are done, and even then I'll probably wait a while for tweaking and fine-tuning to be complete. Doing Pointdevice with Sanae, currently dealing with Amerifairy and her dancing Moon. When I do clear this game, I want that satisfaction to be enhanced with translated endings.