Author Topic: Touhou 15 「東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom」 Patch 1.00b released  (Read 215990 times)

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Speaking of mythology, I was actually wondering
Spoiler:
sure that Junko's backstory sounds quite sad and all, but in the chinese legend didn't Houyi shoot down the evil suns for good reason?  They were destroying/going to destroy mankind or something like that.  Does the game ever reference what happened, in the touhou-canon?  Because if so, and it's anything like how the legend says, the whole game would be simplified as 'two wrongs don't make a right', heh.

Spoiler:
Not sure why Houyi shot down the sun in touhou-universe.
But when it says that the sun is Apollo we know that this is definitely not only about chinese legend, other mythology is also involved.
ZUN probably has his own idea on this story. Maybe the ending will explain more, I hope.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Am I allowed to put pictures of
Spoiler:
Clownpiece
in my avatar and signature, or would that be considered spoilers?
They would be considered spoilers. Please have bit more patience until we announce spoilers are ok, then you may all put / write as you please about the new touhou.

CyberAngel

• Retired
After a good night's sleep, final boss and extra stage themes are still stuck in my head. That's a good sign.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Spoiler:
One of Clownpiece's spell cards immediately reminded me of Rockman II, Quickman's stage.

That moment when you start clearing some of
Spoiler:
Clownpiece and Junko's
spellcards on the first run with other characters is absolutely satisfying.

... and I still don't wanna touch Extra.

Spoiler:
Knowing the reasoning behind Junko's rather lackluster patterns makes me appreciate her boss battle a little more. I guess thick rings of bullets are considered "the purest form of danmaku" then, though I wish it were something more fun to dodge.
Also holy cow Reisen is the ultimate Kishin smasher. Penetrating bullets can just cheese the whole battle cause of her low HP.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
They would be considered spoilers. Please have bit more patience until we announce spoilers are ok, then you may all put / write as you please about the new touhou.

Okay.

Thanks for replying  :3

Speaking of, I keep pronouncing her name
Spoiler:
Cloudpiece
:V
Spoiler:
Clownpiece
for best 2hu 2015
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:23:46 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Spoiler:
One of Clownpiece's spell cards immediately reminded me of Rockman II, Quickman's stage.
Oh wow, Roahm's gonna flip if he plays this. :V

So I played the full version normal mode pointdevice yesterday and

Why.

Spoiler:
This is Junko's pixel perfect crap, for the record.

Spoiler:
Is Clownpiece  second-to-last spellcard even possible? Seriously, it's nuts.

Spoiler:
It's possible. If you see it on easy the gimmick is more obvious. It's still HARD, but it's definitely possible.

Someone please explain to me how you get lives in this game because I can't do a 5-life clear.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Have you noticed that
Spoiler:
Clownpiece and Hecatia
have particularly...colorful clothes?
Combined with their respective abilities to
Spoiler:
drive someone into madness and having three bodies
, and
Spoiler:
Clownpiece's
borderline bullshit danmaku?

Spoiler:
LoLK confirmed to be anti American imperialism propaganda.
Spoiler:
Not that i complain, though.

So I played the full version normal mode pointdevice yesterday and

Why.

Spoiler:
This is Junko's pixel perfect crap, for the record.
Nice to know that i got the spell numbers right when editing the wiki.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Again repeating, no spoilers allowed for now. No names. No pictures. No avatars. No Signatures. No mentions.

Up until now I have been soft moderating people's posts (editing out names) but it seems some people somehow ignore the fact that 95% is using [ spoiler ] tags. It kind of confuses me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:55:18 AM by Helepolis »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I just noticed too late about the avatar thing and switched mine back to my previous one. Oops. x.x
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

7TC7

• In best company
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm already sorry, that I made this, but she just looks like she's in some kind of dance pose to me. http://i.imgur.com/k5G8Hy9.gif
I kinda rushed it, so no changing planets.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Spoiler:
Are there any ties between Clownpiece and America besides her design and danmaku? Or is it just a general, random theme?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
Spoiler:
Are there any ties between Clownpiece and America besides her design and danmaku? Or is it just a general, random theme?
Spoiler:
Clownpiece's "job" was to annoy the lunarians basically. I'm guessing she thought dressing like American flag was the best idea as the Lunarians don't think very well of the American flag

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
Spoiler:
I'm just gonna say this is LoLK's Extra (and nearly every extra) stage's plot in a nutshell: You visit a place you have before at a later time and for some reason it's WAY more difficult.
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
Spoiler:
It's possible. If you see it on easy the gimmick is more obvious. It's still HARD, but it's definitely possible.

Someone please explain to me how you get lives in this game because I can't do a 5-life clear.

Spoiler:
You get one life fragment if you get more than 1 milion bonus points at the end of the chapter. The forumla is: Chapter Graze ? Shooting Down % ? 50, where shooting down is the % of enemies you killed. If you kill all the enemies in a chapter you'll need 200 graze in order to get the fragment. Every phase of a boss fight always nets you 100% shooting down so you'll get tons of life fragments if you try to graze a lot the boss fights. Sanae is great for this, since her bombs gives her tons of time where she's invincible and she can still graze, and since you need three fragments for a life and you get three bombs per life you can see how to abuse this mechanic.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Spoiler:
You get one life fragment if you get more than 1 milion bonus points at the end of the chapter. The forumla is: Chapter Graze ? Shooting Down % ? 50, where shooting down is the % of enemies you killed. If you kill all the enemies in a chapter you'll need 200 graze in order to get the fragment. Every phase of a boss fight always nets you 100% shooting down so you'll get tons of life fragments if you try to graze a lot the boss fights. Sanae is great for this, since her bombs gives her tons of time where she's invincible and she can still graze, and since you need three fragments for a life and you get three bombs per life you can see how to abuse this mechanic.
Ontop of this, it's important to note if you graze a single bullet for awhile, you'll hear that "tick" noise and get five graze for it. (Basic game mechanics aren't spoilers so w/e)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Have you noticed that
Spoiler:
Clownpiece and Hecatia
have particularly...colorful clothes?
Combined with their respective abilities to
Spoiler:
drive someone into madness and having three bodies
, and
Spoiler:
Clownpiece's
borderline bullshit danmaku?

Spoiler:
LoLK confirmed to be anti American imperialism propaganda.
Spoiler:
Not that i complain, though.
Nice to know that i got the spell numbers right when editing the wiki.

Well they -are- from
Spoiler:
hell
.  Makes me wonder how it must be!

Spoiler:
I'm already sorry, that I made this, but she just looks like she's in some kind of dance pose to me. http://i.imgur.com/k5G8Hy9.gif
I kinda rushed it, so no changing planets.

I just-- I'm so glad you did this.  thank you.

Spoiler:
I'm already sorry, that I made this, but she just looks like she's in some kind of dance pose to me.

Spoiler:
Hecatia Lapislazuli's
pose honestly looks like to me and reminds me of one of those 1950's diner waitresses who carry trays of food with one hand. like this: http://www.imagekb.com/50s-diner-waitress-hat

Spoiler:
"Thank you for coming to the Dreamland Diner. Your order of blue Earth orb and round Moon cheese is ready!"
  :V

Spoiler:
About Extra stage last spell - does it change if you shoot Junko instead of Hecatia?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:15:22 PM by Valar »

Spoiler:
About Extra stage last spell - does it change if you shoot Junko instead of Hecatia?

Oh I really wanted to know that as well!  Been searching on youtube and all that but found nothing so far. 

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Spoiler:
Hecatia Lapislazuli's
pose honestly looks like to me and reminds me of one of those 1950's diner waitresses who carry trays of food with one hand. like this: http://www.imagekb.com/50s-diner-waitress-hat

Couldn't unsee so I made this xD
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It doesn't, Hecatia's pattern are the only that change, but Junko will keep shooting her simple danmaku rings. There are some extra replays on Nico

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Having dived into Pointdevice and Legacy, I have to say that
Spoiler:
Stage 5's "earthrise" really gave me the chills. Honestly one of the prettiest transitions I've seen in a Touhou background since BOOM, IT'S THE MOON before the boss fight in Stage 4 of Imperishable Night.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Yup, just tried
Spoiler:
beating Junko instead of Hecatia. 

When you defeat Junko she just explodes and the battle ends, as if you've beat Hecatia instead, and then Hecatia goes to the middle of the screen like how Junko'd do if you'd defeat her.  It feels quite funny since her sprite is right there and yet she's got her defeated cut-in.

The bullets would also reset as I'd hit Junko, but I noticed no difference between the phases whatsoever.

Also: It's quite strange that for her last spellcard Hecatia has behind her Junko's aura.  Wonder if that's a bug or something.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Spoiler:
I don't think I was paying that much attention in stage 5 because I was too focused on not dying, but stage 5 in general was a pretty nice looking stage for what is essentially the "real" surface of the moon we Outsiders see. It did call to mind a CinemaSins joke, though: "No one who watches the sky for a living sees this shit."

Edit: I just now realized, but
Spoiler:
the last two stages take place in the "real" and "fantasy" versions of the Sea of Tranquility, IIRC. That was also where Apollo 11 landed and the American flag planted. Where better for Clownpiece and Junko to set up than right in the spot where humans made their first claim on the Moon to the Lunarians' dismay?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:24:31 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
See this timer?

Spoilers are allowed after it hits 0:00:00. Meaning we will permit names, signatures, avatars and other media spoiling the new Touhou game.

Ending screenshots remain subject to spoiler tag! Please don't carelessly post them here. Make sure you warn the players about the endings.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:57:45 PM by Helepolis »

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
So I just found a cute bug. It's spoiler free, don't worry: https://gyazo.com/eb91a576ffaef882c06bbb87fc533ca3
Looks like let the title screen's demo play appear creates a point device save for Marisa at the beginning of stage 3. Not sure if that causes the bug, but the save appeared after the demo play so...

I also have found a bug. I dunno if someone else has seen it.

In the stages 5 and 6, sometime the background gets red instead of the normal background. I got it twice. Once in a run of Legacy Mode (where I only made it to Stage 5 and using all the continues) and another one while the stage 5 boss was poundering me in Pointdevice Mode (the bug persisted in Stage 6. It fixed itself when I restarted the game).

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Something that makes me wonder - why is there no character title for Junko? There's only her name in kanji and romaji, and nothing else... Did ZUN oversee this?
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear