Author Topic: Touhou 15 「東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom」 Patch 1.00b released  (Read 216024 times)

Also have a bug. The dialogue is just black boxes. Not too different i guess from Japanese (since i can't read it) but just thought i should say it because kind of worried if the translation comes out. 
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
If you look in the omake, she has a "title" in parentheses that means something like "nameless existence", but no true title. Apparently she outright purged her title from herself!
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
Are there still differences in character abilities? I mean like Reimu's smaller hitbox, Marisa's larger graze, etc.
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
If you look in the omake, she has a "title" in parentheses that means something like "nameless existence", but no true title. Apparently she outright purged her title from herself!
Nameless existence, theme of madness, hellish gods and forces in the dream world and space... All we need now are tentacles to have a Lovecraftian story. (Edit: Ooh, ooh, don't forget nightmares!)

*Looks at Junko's "tails"*

... :V

On a more serious note, is it conceivable that Eirin knew about Junko? Clarste's spoilers had this line: "When the protagonists show up with Eirin?s drug, [Sagume] recognizes them as part of Eirin?s plan and lets them pass."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:33:57 PM by Kaizaki »

On a more serious note, is it conceivable that Eirin knew about Junko? Clarste's spoilers had this line: "When the protagonists show up with Eirin?s drug, she recognizes them as part of Eirin?s plan and lets them pass."

Ending spoilers (Reisen):
Spoiler:
Eirin is well aware of who Junko is, and explains her relationship with Chang'e to Reisen in her Pointdevice ending.

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Ending spoilers (Reisen):
Spoiler:
Eirin is well aware of who Junko is, and explains her relationship with Chang'e to Reisen in her Pointdevice ending.
:getdown: Thanks! Uhm, I'm tempted to ask for the details. :ohdear:

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Timer down, eh?

I... uh, I think Extra is a lot harder with Reimu and her dud bomb. I still haven't beaten it.

Having dived into Pointdevice and Legacy, I have to say that
Spoiler:
Stage 5's "earthrise" really gave me the chills. Honestly one of the prettiest transitions I've seen in a Touhou background since BOOM, IT'S THE MOON before the boss fight in Stage 4 of Imperishable Night.
Speaking of cool things in Stage 5, Clownpiece's boss theme is the first time ZUN has used pauses. The first time around it gave me chills. I think ZUN has done a great job as far as the soundtrack fitting the atmosphere is concerned - the music in Stage 4 does this well too.

7TC7

• In best company
I also have found a bug. I dunno if someone else has seen it.

In the stages 5 and 6, sometime the background gets red instead of the normal background. I got it twice. Once in a run of Legacy Mode (where I only made it to Stage 5 and using all the continues) and another one while the stage 5 boss was poundering me in Pointdevice Mode (the bug persisted in Stage 6. It fixed itself when I restarted the game).

Yeah, I had that same bug when playing through the game the first time. Spellcard background showed up fine, but red background in any other case. I first thought that was supposed to happen, because it fit Clownpiece eerily well, but as it transitioned into stage 6, i knew something was wrong. It hasn't happened since then, but that was also the only time I played in fullscreen mode, so maybe it only happens then?
Game also crashes most of the time on the loading screen when starting it in fullscreen. Works fine when I switch it to full screen on the title screen.

Couldn't unsee so I made this xD

This is pure gold.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
Spoiler:
That's not really what her personality is like though. If you're playing on Pointdevice mode, she actually gives up before the fight, considering her loss an inevitability. I mean, she's definitely pissed at Chang'e, but she has nothing against anyone else. She made friends with Hecatia, and was sincerely hoping that the Lunar Capital would be able to stop her, because winning so easily would be boring. If you're playing on Legacy mode and have ever died, she taunts you for dying a lot.

Just because she's an embodiment of a grudge doesn't mean she can't think long term.

Spoiler:
Then that makes this easier, she never really felt like fighting the player in the first place.
Spoiler:
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

CyberAngel

• Retired
I don't know if it was noticed, but I feel there's something else that adds to Clown-chan's "MURICA YEAH" vibe besides the flag dress (which looks like pajamas to me, by the way) - isn't her torch somewhat reminiscent of Lady Liberty?

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
Are there still differences in character abilities? I mean like Reimu's smaller hitbox, Marisa's larger graze, etc.

Reimu still has a smaller hitbox, don't know about the rest of the cast.

I don't know if it was noticed, but I feel there's something else that adds to Clown-chan's "MURICA YEAH" vibe besides the flag dress (which looks like pajamas to me, by the way) - isn't her torch somewhat reminiscent of Lady Liberty?
Holy craap that's so true, I guess it's ZUN's intention for her to signify double meaning - more probably representing the hell fairy/ jester lore and less probably representing US.

Yep. Reimu feels safer in stage 6 than other girls ESPECIALLY REISEN'S BOMB

On a side note Junko's gonna appear in many danmakufu practice spellcards now

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Playing with Reisen with her giant hitbox vs Junko... yeah no.

Having dived into Pointdevice and Legacy, I have to say that
Spoiler:
Stage 5's "earthrise" really gave me the chills. Honestly one of the prettiest transitions I've seen in a Touhou background since BOOM, IT'S THE MOON before the boss fight in Stage 4 of Imperishable Night.

I haven't quite decided to spoil myself on the second half of the game yet, but having seen the demo, the first half certainly evoked a similar feeling from me with its gradual introduction of the Moon: Stage 1 has it out of sight, then Stage 2 has the scene gradually crept over by eerie moonlight until finally, you come to a clearing over the lake with a serene view of the distant moon in the calm just before the boss battle.

All of this builds up to that one amazing moment just after Doremy's midboss battle where the reflection of the Moon suddenly comes into view, larger than ever, on the border of the dream world. And the stage theme, which had already been brimming with anticipation, is timed perfectly to swell over this part, as if to acknowledge that just a little bit further and the protagonist's destination will be within her grasp.

I don't expect everyone to see it that way, but it was definitely one of the most emotive moments I've seen in a stage portion of the games. And so if there's another moment floating along similar lines somewhere later in the game, I'd be very impressed. I'm happy that ZUN's chosen to incorporate the visuals and music into his design like this.

It is - and the next level thing about that is how the Statue of Liberty is a statue of
Spoiler:
Hecate. (Yes, I know it's meant to be a statue of Libertas, but the depiction of a spiky-headed woman with torches corresponds with the Greeks' idea of Hecate, oddly enough.)
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

Well...
Spoiler:
Her danmaku is all stars and stripes =P
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
I know it's already been decided it's intentional, but I just wanted to point out ZUN asked us to enjoy Junko's simple danmaku in her music comments.

:getdown: Thanks! Uhm, I'm tempted to ask for the details. :ohdear:

Okay, so I searched through a lot of sources in various languages while trying to get the details straight, but I can't actually read Chinese so I could've easily messed something up? But basically:

There's two broad categories of legends and historical accounts about the archer Hou Yi. One is that he was an immortal man married to Chang'e, and shot down the ten suns. That's probably the one you're more familiar with. The other is that he was a regular man who usurped Prince Kui as the ruler of the Xia Dynasty. He took Kui's wife Xuan Qi (the "Dark Lady") and also killed the child she had with Kui (Bo Feng, known as the Feng Pig on account of being so gluttonous and lazy). Xuan Qi is also referred to in some accounts as Chun Hu ('pure fox'), which happens to be the exact same kanji as Junko's name. Xuan Qi (Chun Hu) later conspired with Hou Yi's minister to kill him. (There's also a tale about Hou Yi having an affair with a river spirit and shooting the monstrous river god she was married to, which angered his wife Chang'e. Which sort of parallels the usurper Hou Yi's narrative? Weird.) Apparently the various disparate tales are an issue even amongst real-world scholars; some sources claim that Chun Hu is a prototypical version of Chang'e, some claim that she started conflict with Chang'e in legend, some say that the usurper Hou Yi took the name of the legendary Hou Yi for himself, others say that the one story was a legend based on the real-world events of the other, etc. etc. etc. It's a bit of a mess.

So in short, Junko is Xuan Qi-- not Xi He as I said earlier, whoops-- and her hatred of Chang'e stems from these two different tales of Hou Yi being conflated with each other. (I... think. If anyone who can, uh, actually read Chinese wouldn't mind looking into this and possibly correcting me, it'd be nice.)

In the ending illustration,
Spoiler:
Eirin's speech bubble contains a little diagram of the relationships here. Hou Yi is in the 'sun' region, with lines connecting him to Chang'e on the moon and Junko on the Earth. Another line branching off from Junko and Hou Yi's connects to a 'child' icon (which I'm guessing is meant to be Bo Feng,) and then there's an arrow pointing from Yi to the child labeled 'killed'.
Would it be bad if I posted a link to a screenshot of it? Not the full illustration, mind, just the one part.

Any legal way to buy this yet?

I must say I'm rather impressed I haven't found a Clownpiece image I like better than ZUN's official one even if she's missing her right thumb

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Something that makes me wonder - why is there no character title for Junko? There's only her name in kanji and romaji, and nothing else... Did ZUN oversee this?

Her profile says she purified herself of identifying information.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
I must say I'm rather impressed I haven't found a Clownpiece image I like better than ZUN's official one even if she's missing her right thumb

Sounds to me like you're down with the clown.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

7TC7

• In best company
There is at least a pretty good arrange of Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner already. That's quite fast. Usually it's only Piano and Bit-Remixes for the first few days.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
--snippity-snip-snip--
Wow, thanks a lot! I haven't seen the legendary/historical account of Xuan Qi brought up elsewhere, so this is really enlightening.

Does anyone have a scorefile with Practice Stage 6 for Reisen and Marisa unlocked (any difficulty will do)?

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
It's really a shame Pointdevice mode doesn't save a replay. It'd be really impressive to watch a "perfect" run of the game.
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
What I like most about Pointdevice is I can play to a certain point, exit at a chosen waypoint, and then pick up from there later. It's a good way to meet the cast, too, if you just want to spam on through.

Which reminds me, I need to find out how their endings differ from Legacy, if at all. I honestly haven't checked.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

It's really a shame Pointdevice mode doesn't save a replay. It'd be really impressive to watch a "perfect" run of the game.

This was one of the things I was looking forward to and disappointed by in this game. It would be very interesting to watch, and of course it's already anti-cheating since the Power count could be used as an mpromptu death counter.

I'm a sucker for the story throughout the Touhou series. Here's the boss dialogues in Reimu's scenario that are yet to be translated on Touhouwiki. Don't judge. Did this in Legacy Easy Mode just to get to the dialogues faster, PointDevice mode just takes too long. Endings not included.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22967107/Share/dialogue.html
Take it with a grain of salt cause Japanese isn't my native tongue.

The story itself leaves so many questions unanswered and we're left with the characters frantically trying to outwit each other. But while all this is going on Touhou-esque music playing in the background. Whatever. I'll take it. It's good enough for a Touhou fan who already lives and die by the bullets (and frills) like myself.

After reading Gilde's post I see that the plot thickens.  Figuring this stuff out from accounts of various players, translations, and folklore research has been rather interesting.  And wow, I have already had some of my theories jossed.  XD

But wow... 
Spoiler:
Junko got royally screwed over in the past...  Poor lady, when I was watching a play through without knowing her story she had the most interesting design to me so I started digging and found that she has probably the saddest backstory of any of the Touhou characters, including Yuyuko.