Author Topic: [GG, Bard loses] Free! Mafia  (Read 44205 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
[GG, Bard loses] Free! Mafia
« on: August 10, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »
Free! Mafia

Inviolable Rules:

1. Toxicity is expressly forbidden. While toxicity is broad, it generally means any attitude or behaviour that is designed at negatively impacting another person's enjoyment of the game. If it violates the spirit of sportsmanship, it's likely a violation of the No Toxicity rule. You're allowed to lie, cheat and deceive your peers as much as you like, so long as you're not actively trying to keep them from enjoying the game. Violation of this rule results in immediate removal from the game, whereupon the Day will end if you were Scum (without a lynch), or continue with votes wiped if you're Town (and possible time extension in the case of Deadline Geebers). Moreover, you will be reported to forum administration for inappropriate behaviour.
2. Role PMs may never be publicised. Scum may freely share their role PM with each other without issue, but other players are expressly forbidden from quoting any or all part(s) of their role PM. Paraphrasing is permitted, just don't quote.
3. The dead can neither communicate nor rise. In my previous game, the dead were too strong. This game, I guarantee that any player eliminated through game mechanics will permanently and unequivocally be removed from the game. No roles function after dying, and no roles permit the dead to influence the game in any way, shape or form.
4. There is no compulsory element. Day Phases may end without lynch an infinite number of times. ##NoLynch is a valid option and will be passed if Hammered. Night Phases may end without Scum performing the Night Kill. There will be no indication if Scum declines the Night Kill.
5. All role information is given complete, meaning there are no hidden elements to anyone's role. Additionally, no roles have dependencies on other roles. There exist no roles that detect alignment or your role. Outside of Lynch and Night Kill, there exist no roles that can eliminate you from the game. There exist no roles that prevent your action from succeeding. Note: there may be roles that prevent you from using your ability in the first place. However, if you are stopped from activating your role, it will be announced publicly in the thread.
6. There are multiple power roles, but not everyone is guaranteed to have a power role. There is guaranteed to be vanillas in the game. It is guaranteed that at least two players will be vanilla. At most eight players will be vanilla.
7. There are six Town players and two Scum players. There exist no third parties. All Town players win by eliminating all Scum players, or forcing them to surrender. All Scum players win by eliminating all Town players, or nothing can prevent them from doing so, or forcing Town to surrender. There are no roles that are designed to cause a surrender. If a role unintentionally can be used to force a surrender, it will be modified to disallow such use.

The following rules may be ignored through role actions, game mechanics or other events. Unless otherwise noted, they still apply:

1. There is no talking during the Night, except in any mod-sanctioned QTs.
2. Each Day Phase lasts 72 hours, but they will end early if a hammer occurs or it is otherwise ended prematurely. If a Day Phase ends without a hammer, No Lynch will be defaulted. Each Night Phase lasts 24 hours, and there exist no mechanics to end it prematurely. There may be phases that are neither a Day nor a Night Phase.
3. Rules do not inhibit you from employing specific strategies, which is to mean that you do not need to meet any posting requirements. There are no requirements to post length, post content or post frequency. There is no consequence for refusing to post for an entire Day Phase or, in fact, the entire game.
4. It is expressly forbidden to quote private mod communications, though again you are allowed to paraphrase. There may be roles that expressly permit people to quote (parts of) the mod's private communication.
5. Each Day Phase has its own unique mechanic, which alters the way the game is played.

-----------

In the Running
1. Kilga // Ran Tachibana
2. ActionDan* // Makoto Tachibana
3. Patorikku // Nagisa Hazuki
4. Raitaki // Aiichiro Nitori
5. DNA // Rei Ryugazaki
6. CF7 // Haruka Nanase
7. Serela // Momotarou Mikoshiba
8. Shalako // Gou

ATTENTION! A new and exciting swimming adventure will commence soon! Two weeks from now, there'll be the Japanational Swimming Contest, freshly opened this year! Only the best swimmers from each area are allowed to compete. For that reason, Iwatobi and Samezuka have clasped their hands together and decided to send their two best representatives, rather than competing with each other. The catch? You've got to compete as a team. And there's more people interested than there are slots.

Not to worry! We'll get there yet. No problem! Supposedly, there's people among the Samezuka and Iwatobi swimming teams who actually are going to swim for some other school, but that's just entirely silly and wouldn't happen... right?

Please confirm in-thread that you're ready to compete!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:32:04 PM by Bardiche »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: [Confirm] Free! Mafia
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:46:22 PM »
haaaaaaaaa~i
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bardiche

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:59:14 PM »
All role PMs are sent out. If you haven't received yours, shoot me an angry message.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:06:47 AM »
Confirm
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:11:06 AM »
Confirmed shirtless and ready to swim!

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 12:35:34 AM »
Confirming that i can swim. Also it's 3:35 am and am finally Free! to go to sleep.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »
Confirmed!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 01:24:20 AM »
confirm

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 01:27:39 AM »
Con-Firm Muscles

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 04:20:28 AM »
kchchchchchcch
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 06:02:50 AM »
I think we need a day event that gauges the quality of Free! puns and the winner gets to set someone free.

From this horrible game we call mafia >:)

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 07:14:36 AM »
I get to Roleplay as a Manager in charge of a Swim Team so I think we can agree in the end i'm the real winner.

Bardiche

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 11:02:18 AM »
With all confirmations in, I can now proudly announce that

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN
Every team requires a captain! Without one, teams are just gatherings of individuals with no direction! It's therefore imperative that, before we do anything, you must select a Captain!

Whoever has the most votes by the end of the day will become Team Captain. There is no regular lynch today (and there is no Night Kill on Night 1). Team Captain will come into play on Day 2, but will not be able to decide lynch without group input.

Good luck! You have a little over 72 hours because I suck at time conversion.
With 8 players in the game, it'll take 5 to elect a Team Captain.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:04:03 AM by Bardiche »

CF7

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:47 AM »
So... Mayor.
##Vote CF7
Because i am definitely the best candidate for this.

Bardiche

Re: [Day 1] Free! Mafia
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 11:15:40 AM »
ATTENTION SWIMMERS:
PX has become my co-mod. Any PMs you want to send, send it to both of us. :)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »
Good people of Iwatobi and Samezuka, I, Rei Ryugazaki, am hereby nominating myself as the candidate for the Team Captain for this tournament.

For those who do not know me, I understand that this could be an appaling proposal. As indeed, I am not the most outstanding swimmer here, nor do I sport a particularly broad range of strokes. It may seem arrogant of me to offer such a proposal when there's obviously much better swimmers than myself whom you could cast your vote for. Yet, I believe that I have my unique strengths that makes me a very suitable candidate for this position and it would be very much appreciated if you can give me a moment and hear me out.

Thank you for still bearing with me. Thank you.

Allow me to reintroduce myself properly, I am Rei Ryugazaki, a butterfly swimmer and former track team member. My transition to swimming is due to my admiration for the beauty, grace, and power of all our excellent swimmers. And most importantly, of how the waters seem to have freed us from the constrains, and allows swimmers to fully immerse every fibre of their being into the sport. It is precisely this pure, undiluted will that has entranced me time and over, and I just found myself entranced and eventually drawn into this mesmerizing world of water.

I am not as gifted as many of you are. But I make up of it with my tenacity and selflessness. I never give up, and I always devote myself fully to the competition regardless of its outlook. And I will do anything within my ability to pursue excellence and see the team to the finals. I believe this quality is very important as the captain for I pledge to be the one whom you could rely on at the grimest hour, the darkest time of the day. I will putting my fellow swimmers before myself, and should I become the captain. I assure you that I will do everything within my ability to enable our team to proceed to the competition in our finest state, and I believe these are the ones demanded of the captain we need.

In addition, as you may have already been informed, this competition is not one particular friendly for us swimmers. We already know that traitors lurk amongst us, and we will have to be prepared for treachery, betrayal and lies to be propagated in order to get us to turn against one another. Disgusting, low-down dirty tactics I have sworn to and is more than capable of vanquishing. Should I be elected as team captain and my status persevered, that position should prove most useful for the upcoming days, when I will be able to most fully exercise my will to rid us of the mafia traitors and ensure our victory, a deed that I am very much passionate to get done personally.

I urge you therefore, to have faith in me. For I will not yield in the face of apathy, I will not scuumb to misreps and strawmens, I will confront all those who challenge the moral integrity of the swimmers' spirit and eliminate them. This is Rei Ryugazaki, and thank you.

##Vote Rei Ryugazaki

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 12:44:06 PM »
##Vote: Kilgamayan obv

DNA is probscum, too many words on ED1 for town, kill it with water
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 01:18:45 PM »
DNA plzzzzzzz

##Vote Kilgamayan
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »
Clearly my big brother is the best choice for Team Captain.

But since he's not here ##Vote Rei Ryugazaki

CF7

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »
Well, since it's unlikely i'll be picked and i don't want to vote for DNA after that wall, i guess it won't hurt.
##Unvote
##Vote Kilgamayan

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »
##vote Dna

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
Well, since it's unlikely i'll be picked and i don't want to vote for DNA after that wall, i guess it won't hurt.
##Unvote
##Vote Kilgamayan

Please explain why you are voting for the person slandering DNA for something that isn't a Mafia tell for him.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »
CF7, I find it interesting how fast you gave up and deemed yourself 'unlikely to be picked', why is that? You couldve just promoted yourself or you know, wall something out.

Serela and Shalako, why are you both not even interested in competing for the prestigious position of Team Captain?

Kilg, the accusation seems rather uncalled for, for as scum I will not be motivated to draw so much attention to myself needlessly. Thusly I can assure you that my enthusiasm stems only from the pure desire to lead town to victory.

People, this is Rei Ryugazaki, not some hogwash politician who sells himself through crude, bigoted slogans, forced internet memes, twitter and 4chan in order to gain popular opinion. I respect our swimmers intelligence and critical thinking which is why i do not pander to your carnal desires to watch the world burn but is instead trying to strive for a less visceral consensus which we could agree on only after some more cerebral discussions. Let's all don our logical thinking hats to think logically and try to put ourselves in other swimmers trunks so that we can get a more intimate grasp of one anothers thoughts.

This broadcast by Rei Ryugazaki seems to have been interrupted by two others in queue

Bardiche

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 02:59:37 PM »
BOAT COUNT
Mod request: Please vote players, not characters. :V

CF7 (0): CF7
DNA (3): DNA, Shalako, ActionDan
Kilga (3): Kilga, Serela, CF7

Undecided (2): Raitaki, Patorikku

With 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to elect a team captain! 2 Days and 22 Hours remain to make a decision. If the Day ends without a hammer, highest amount of votes wins by default.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »
@Mod can I change my profile name to Rei Ryugazaki for the rest of the game

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
Please explain why you are voting for the person slandering DNA for something that isn't a Mafia tell for him.
I know you weren't asking me, but (I'm sorry DNA!) I didn't even skim that wall, like oh god why it's not even past RVS why is there a wall.

@DNA's question, do you think I could possibly convince half the game to give Serela a position of possible power?  :getdown:

Bardiche

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »
@Mod can I change my profile name to Rei Ryugazaki for the rest of the game

Sure.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 03:11:41 PM »
I understand where you are coming from now, but please do not demote yourself!  Your self esteem is very important as a swimmer, and as a long term friend and rival, i can vouch for the fact that when your performance is at its peak, you can definitely outdo many other players in terms of play. You may not be a consistent swimmer, but you have a wild talent which you just have to tap into. You just gotta be free, then I have no doubt you will be able to do the impossible, see the invisible and fight the powah.

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
Serela and Shalako, why are you both not even interested in competing for the prestigious position of Team Captain?

I know you weren't asking me, but (I'm sorry DNA!) I didn't even skim that wall, like oh god why it's not even past RVS why is there a wall.
So...If DNA always posts walls...How is it a reason to cast doubt on him for doing something he always does? How can you trust someone with this shoddy logic to be team captain?
Have you even seen Rei's Logic

CF7

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
Well does it really matter? We're choosing a team captain. There's no real info aside from personal bias. I don't like DNA's candidature, so there.
CF7, I find it interesting how fast you gave up and deemed yourself 'unlikely to be picked', why is that? You couldve just promoted yourself or you know, wall something out.
I am just not that competitive. Anyway. Why are you trying so hard to be picked?