Author Topic: 东方夏夜祭 ~ Shining Shooting Star. (release)(ultra patch added)  (Read 74552 times)

you may need :
applocale / netla  (folder's name without Chinese)
locateswitch
SlimDX
sizer

producer
雨夜枫雪制作组
not StarX or FDF

download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4d8k55yad4nw4ft/thSSS.rar

playable characters:
Reimu
Marisa
Sanae
Koishi

gameplay:
hitbox: 1x1 px
counterbomb: 20 frame (0.33s)

meteor fragments drops by defeating large fairies, non-spell and spellcards.
its color  will change from blue ,red   to green. according to its height.

Filling the gauge by erasing bullets (1 per bullet), getting items (20 per item) and meteor fragments(800 per fragment).

When the gauge reaches  3000, a border is activated based on the color of recent fragment you get.

blue fragments: 5000 point value         border: autocollec all items. (like PCB)      get "point value * 20" score when it successfully ends.
red fragments: 1 life fragment              border: increase shot power.     get 5,120,000 score when it successfully ends
green  fragments:1 spell fragment        border: erase all bullets onscreen by getting hit or pressing the bomb button (like PCB) . get 1,000,000 score when it successfully ends

*getting hit or using bomb will immediately break the border.
*blue and red border have no invinciblity.
*green border has 1-sec-invinciblity when it ends.

final spellcard:
At Hard or Lunatic level, a "border" sign appears. When a border ends without miss or bomb, a border star will be lit.
With all stars lit , you will meet an extra spellcard after you beat the boss.
a final spellcard has a 100,000,000 point spell bonus, will also give 1 bomb item.
-----------------

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntbqajp5atcwrus/Touhou_Shining_Shooting_Star_Ultra%2BAEX_Patch.zip
Ultra+AEX Patch
(unofficial patch)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:15:34 AM by rsy_type1 »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Re: 东方夏夜祭 ~ Shining Shooting Star (3-stage trial)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 12:54:00 AM »
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: doesn't know Chinese language
So from getting 2 1CCs on normal.

Playable characters
Kochiya Sanae
Shoot: On unfocused mode you get a Mighty Wind-like shot (think TD Sanae) with good coverage but low power, on focused mode all familiars get close to Sanae and change to something akin to Reimu's Persuasion Needle, bad coverage but good power.
Bomb: from Sanae's spot you shoot screen-covering lasers (Frog Sign "Wily Toad"?), low duration.

Kirisame Marisa
Shoot: Illusion Laser, on unfocused mode you get a spread pattern, on focused mode you get a concentrated (x-shaped) pattern, with some minor coverage.
Bomb: Love Sign "Master Spark" (?), requires some setup time, pushes Marisa to the bottom of the screen, long duration.

Reimu appears in the title screen but she's not playable (yet?)

Note: If a boss spell card is declared while your bomb still has effects (more likely with Marisa's), the card is considered as "Failed".

Gameplay mechanic
You fill a gauge that can be changed to three colors (one at a time) by gathering items. This activates a border. At set intervals, a star falls from top of the screen. It can't be autocollected. The star changes colors (blue at top, red at middle, green at bottom). It gives a charge to the gauge and changes colors to the one collected (assuming your current color is different to the star). The color change has priority before the fill, so you can have an almost-full green gauge, gather a red star and activate a pink border, while emptying your gauge. If you already have an active border, collecting a star won't cancel it nor change the color.
Gauges:
Blue Stars:
Effect: all onscreen items are autocollected. (similar to PCB border)
Pink Sakura:
Effect: ???
Green Leaves
Effect: if you get hit, all onscreen bullets are cleared and without losing a life. (again, like PCB border)

Large fairies delete close bullets upon defeat (kinda like IN).

Basic gameplay is post-UFO gameplay, with bombs, familiars given at every 1.00 power (min 1.00, max 4.00; every power item gives 0.02 power).

Commentary: so far it's a nice game, the graphics remind me of Fantastic Danmaku Festival while not being as resource-intensive, the music is comfy, and the art is clean, like ido's games.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:07:21 AM by Maple »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:53:14 PM »
Happy 11-month bump!

Via hny on twitter, i became aware that the game is about to be released on June 9th

Quick notes:
  • It's summertime
  • Magic-charged meteors are falling on Gensokyo
  • 4 shot types
  • 8 original characters
  • 17 original musical pieces
  • 81 spell cards (not sure if cards found on multiple difficulties count as 1 card or 2-4 cards)

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 11:17:11 PM »
Well, I guess now would be a good time to ask: might anyone have an idea of why this game crashes for me whenever it tries to load a stage? I don't think a locale issue, since it crashes before showing the main menu instead if I don't use locale emulator.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:19:34 PM by Badz »

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 05:53:03 AM »
Well, I guess now would be a good time to ask: might anyone have an idea of why this game crashes for me whenever it tries to load a stage? I don't think a locale issue, since it crashes before showing the main menu instead if I don't use locale emulator.

sorry for that.
maybe it will be solved in the release version today.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:52:11 AM »
I did play the demo a while ago, seemed really interesting. So the full game comes out later today? Once it's out I'll definitely will play it for a bit.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:52:08 PM by Maple »

Pruns

• Dearest wish, hide this stupid nickname set below
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 01:50:30 PM »
sorry for that.
maybe it will be solved in the release version today.

I have the same issue with the full version, It crashes before entering the menu even if I use applocale.
I've installed, SlimDX and run the other thing in the archive ( DotNetFx35ClientSetup ) but nothing happened :/
Someone has a solution ?

Btw, the game looks really great, I can't wait to give it a shot !

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Re: 东方夏夜祭 ~ Shining Shooting Star. (release)
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
I have one program called LocateSwitch, it's the one i use to make Fantastic Danmaku Festiva all Shatter All Spellcard work. (well, in FDF, i have to topic that my computer can't properly handle the high requirement graphics, but i digress)

But now i don't remember where i got such program. Maybe it was here, but links are down.

If there isn't another download link, i could upload my copy.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:49 PM »
Getting the same issue as Pruns here, looking at OS' from the users here it looks like its a Win10 thing maybe?
My non-unicode is set to Japanese so I'm not using anything like AppLocale but yeah I crash on the loading screen even before the menu :(

PEDIT: might check that out, thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT EDIT: Past the loading screen so I think I can say this suggestion works? Thanks a bunch :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:37:47 PM by ZoomyTsugumi »

Pruns

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:05 PM »
I had the same issue with FDF on my old computer, I've seen the topic you linked and I've never found another download link of Locateswitch
I finally solved this problem by launching in chinese language with applocale.
But here, even applocale with chinese language doesn't work.
Another fangames didn't worked due to japanese characters in the folder name. But here doesn't change anything too.

Could you upload your copy please ?
Thanks a lot in advance

EDIT : ZoomyTsugumi seems to have found a link.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:56:35 PM by Pruns »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 02:52:14 PM »
I used the link at the end of this thread https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=17510.0
Also, stage 4 is not first try friendly on Lunatic :/
The boss has an amazing survival card tho
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:55:50 PM by ZoomyTsugumi »

Pruns

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 02:57:06 PM »
I used the link at the end of this thread https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=17510.0
Also, stage 4 is not first try friendly on Lunatic :/
The boss has an amazing survival card tho

It works, thanks !

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 03:11:11 PM »
Yeah first impressions
First half is pretty good, if a tiny bit too hard. Danmaku is mostly solid, with a few difficult attacks here and there, but overall feels good for Lunatic.
Last half of the game has beautiful concepts in some cards, but (and this is how you know its like FDF) the difficulty is stupid hard. Final boss has some of the most ridiculous attacks (like her Opener) and I'm hoping that there is an OP character to use here cos otherwise I'd need a lot of time to do a 1cc.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 03:17:18 PM »
I've been downloading this since the moment I saw the thread was updated (a few hours ago..?) But my internet's so slow that I'm still downloading this, I'll give it a good look once it is done though.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »
ooh i think stage 4 boss is giving us some satori action here, cos i just had reimu inspired spellcards with reimu, and koishi inspired spellcards with koishi

Ok well that OP char turns out to be Koishi and I already 1cced Lunatic on the second try lol. Koishi's bomb seems to basically be a shield with no timer on how long you can have it up for. Ridiculously good.
Pretty sure there's a point in this game where it's more optimal to switch from lives to bombs and that happened for me after the life fragments needed hit 12. Cos the bombs always stay at 4 but the lives go higher and higher each time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:49:31 PM by ZoomyTsugumi »

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 09:49:48 PM »
What is the 东 in the thread title? The screenshots have 東 which is the usual kanji for Touhou (東方).

The rest of the name, "夏夜祭", means "summer night festival".

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 10:34:41 PM »
What is the 东 in the thread title? The screenshots have 東 which is the usual kanji for Touhou (東方).

The rest of the name, "夏夜祭", means "summer night festival".

东 is your plain old 東 kanji (to call it that way), except that was altered into Simplified Chinese script; 東 is the Traditional Chinese writing

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 10:44:34 PM »
It's questionable wether I NMNB'd the stage 5 boss on lunatic as I died at the extra spellcard (if you got extra borders) but the game still said I captured it... But I decided to upload that. Stage 5 boss maybe NMNB

Quite a silly game, can definitely get a lunatic 1cc in this.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 11:29:46 PM »
LocaleSwitch somehow fixed my problems, so I finally got to play this game!
It's pretty fun, the danmaku is simple and effective for the most part (though the final boss nonspells go a bit too far in the "simple" direction) and the stages are interesting.
By the way, from having played Extra with Sanae and seen Pruns' video with Koishi, it seems that the extra boss uses different spells depending on your character. It's Otohime all over again!

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 11:34:54 PM »
this game is going straight into my shortlist of Big Favorites

• Music is super great! My first impression from the demo was that some tracks were kind of... samey? But nearly every single track in the full version has a distinct sound to it.
  • Visual aesthetic and danmaku patterns are GREAT; the bosses naturally all stand out from each other, but each stage portion is also as unique and memorable as those in the official games. (imo)
  • The stages and bosses are synced up to the music, like, really well?? Extremely good atmosphere. That's one of the big signs of Touhou Quality(tm) in my book. The big crescendo around the stage 5 boss's 3rd~4th card in particular is nice
  • The game runs real smoothly (for me at least) and is super fun to play. Like, "relaxing" fun. (maybe that's the long deathbomb window talking)
  • It automatically pauses if you click to another window?? That's so considerate?? Where has this been all my life???
  • shinmyoumaru!! shinmyoumaru................. she tiny
  • The final boss's last spell (and Last Spell) visually references the game's score system more like *kisses my fingers like a chef*
  • whenever the Theme of Eastern Story melody pops up in a lategame track i squeal w/ joy a lil bit
  • ...you can use continues even in the extra stage??

e:
  • i spammed continues to see the final boss's Last Spell on hard and it's, um, it's Something
  • Boss Practice is a gift unto this earth. particularly the fact that you start w/ max border gauge so's you can see the Last Spells
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:13:49 AM by gilde »

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 12:34:34 AM »
Jeez, that extra boss song is absolutely amazing. One listen and it's already my favorite fanmade extra boss song.

Also, I like how Koishi's bomb is basically a less broken version of Reisen's bomb from LoLK.
Anyway, I haven't played it yet. I probably should. It looks really good.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:42:37 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 02:14:38 AM »
The game runs fine, but the window (and the full screen resolution) is absolutely tiny and blurs everything. Is there a way to enlarge the window size in the config.exe or Setting.INI?

EDIT: I seem to be getting a Setting Load Error. Not sure if it has anything to do with this or not.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:32:00 AM by Failure McFailFace »
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 02:58:19 AM »
Wiki page up. Still a stub for now.

Does anyone have advice for Stage 4? The combination of lasers and fast bullets is really messing me up.

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 03:11:11 AM »
The game runs fine, but the window (and the full screen resolution) is absolutely tiny and blurs everything. Is there a way to enlarge the window size in the config.exe or Setting.INI?

EDIT: I seem to be getting a Setting Load Error. Not sure if it has anything to do with this or not.

setiing.ini maybe have compatibility errors , use Sizer instead.

Does anyone have advice for Stage 4? The combination of lasers and fast bullets is really messing me up.

using  link of this thread is OK.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 03:34:36 AM »
Fixed the incorrect download link. Any other contributions would be appreciated.

Has anyone tried scoring yet?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 03:36:02 AM »
Just finished my blind (other than most of stage 1) 1cc of the game on Normal. Holy crap the second half of the game gets kinda ridiculous at points, especially stage 4, but overall this was pretty fun. Probably going to leave the Extra for another time, but whew. Wheewww.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 04:03:43 AM »

The part with the megaton of criss crossy lasers are all aimed/indirectly aimed. Just take it slow. Everything else shouldn't be too much trouble with practice.

Anyway I take back what I said about this game being ridiculously hard, it's actually ridiculously easy :V
Just need to 1cc Reimu on Lunatic now and I will upload my score.dat so ppl can try out the EX stage with everyone if they want to.

Also I encountered the stupidest glitch with Marisa. For some reason, against the final boss' final last spell she did super damage against her and killed the card barely into the second phase, but instead of the fight ending the boss just kept recasting it and recasting it. I had to time it out to win (luckily i had enough resources that it was zero issue). Not sure if this always happens but it was silly.
Shows up in the attached replay too.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 04:56:50 AM »
setiing.ini maybe have compatibility errors , use Sizer instead.

I tried using sizer, it didn't work.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 05:06:36 AM »
Attached my score.dat file

Anyway, I am pretty sure it's basically impossible to trigger the LW in a run on the first 3 stages. Border always comes up one short even if I never break one during the stage. Maybe you can manipulate item obtaining to access another border in stage 3 or something but the other two seem honest to god impossible.
Onto the Marisa and Reimu EX stages for me I guess.

Bombs are very very very very much worth it in this game, don't go for just lives.

EDIT: Reimus extra = Pretty flowers
Marisa's extra = Lasers galore +CAVE card
Sanae's extra = Think Satori's Aya cards but Sanae
Koishi's extra = tbh I don't remember :V
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:30:11 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »