Author Topic: Bay Area Touhou Potluck on August 1st @ Hakone Gardens in Saratoga, CA  (Read 2491 times)

Five years ago, we brought Touhou Project fans from all around the  (San Francisco) Bay Area together at Hakone Gardens in Saratoga, CA. On August 1st, we're celebrating our fifth year as the Bay Area?s premiere Touhou fan community by going back to our roots!

(Source)

We?re throwing a potluck at Hakone Gardens and you?re invited!. There'll be food, drink, general Touhou geekery, and cosplay photography in Hakone's idyllic, authentically Japanese setting. Admission into the gardens is $8 per person.

Please RSVP using this form, so we know who is coming and what they?re bringing. We?re also arranging carpools for anyone who needs a ride. Additionally, if you're a facebook user, please join in via the FB Event Page.

If you have any questions, you can ask them here, or you can contact us in the following places:

E-mail: bayhouproject@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bayhouproject

Tribow

• pichuun
OOO I WANNA GO!

aaaaand I live on the east coast, great.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

Ach, I had a feeling this was the more appropriate board, but considering that the last topic was in TARC, I figured (incorrectly) that's where I should post it.

Why hasn't this been attempted on the east coast anyway? Just finding a common point to meet, perhaps?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Meet-ups usually happen more commonly at the various cons the east coast is full of.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

So Katsucon (February), Anime Boston (April), Otakon (late July/early August), and AWA (September). In the west coast you'll generally find the fans are clustered in certain areas. Norcal and Socal share some overlap regarding Fanime and Anime Expo (it's a pretty simple and not even that incredibly long of a drive), but the other major west coast anime con is in Seattle, which is mostly attended by the fans that live in the Oregon/Washington/British Columbia region.

Re: Bay Area Touhou Potluck on August 1st @ Hakone Gardens in Saratoga, CA
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 01:44:08 AM »
No cosplay (sadly/surprisingly), but pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/yQUgC

It was a blast, and we'll be doing a bbq on 8/29!