Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 76515 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 3, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #840 on: July 24, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »
dorian, it wasn't really "left open to be hammered", I mean, he did it with the intent of having SkyPal hammered on purpose XD But we decided it was best to wait for you/Conq/others to talk first
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #841 on: July 24, 2015, 06:53:43 PM »
Dorian, could you clarify what you mean by Shalako running headfirst into DNA walls (in a a presumably avoidable manner?)

I'm pretty sure the wagon explosion happened around when he misvoted me over what Raitaki did, in any case :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #842 on: July 24, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »
I'm going to go reread that area

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #843 on: July 24, 2015, 07:04:31 PM »
Yeah, that's what happened. I mean, it certainly wasn't the only reason it happened, but the odd action probably helped make people think about voting there.

Amusingly, Dan/Shalako/Dorian were the 3 trying to push the Bard wagon through d2 over Shalako, including Dorian's voteswitch to Bard coming in at the end. Now, it wasn't as though it was unanticipated; Dorian stated being uninterested in lynching Shalako earlier.

Actually, that seems slightly odd. Shalako only had 1 vote and there was multiple other wagons at the time, and not really any discussion about a Shalako lynch at the time or as a mention directed at Dorian. :S Was there any particular reason you decided to bring up your disinterest in the Shalako lynch, Dorian? Post #410 https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,18658.msg1200128.html#msg1200128

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #844 on: July 24, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »
eh I suppose there -was- some discussion on it, saying that wasn't a weird thing to do

the bard wagon is pretty amusing though <_< >_>

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #845 on: July 24, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »
No, I think the Shalako wagon picked up momentum after Shedoweh claimed and Raitaki and Conq switched to him. But that's beside the point cause what I meant was that one of his buddys was suppost to stop him from constantly picking up fights with DNA around mid to end day1.
And about that post, maybe because I talked about everyone that was in your votecount? So what's odd about it? That I found it troublesome that I had to make a prediction at 11PM on who you are going to wagon at 2AM or that I actually managed to predict it?

That's the same as Conq wondering why I find it difficult to make a case on Skys content when he only addresses content that wasn't even made as I said that. Am I scum because I can't read in my sleep nor post at work?

Speaking of which, I guess I'll take a shower to clear my mind before I look into Skys finally concluded opinions.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #846 on: July 24, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »
And about that post, maybe because I talked about everyone that was in your votecount? So what's odd about it?
No, I just forgave you for that point in my previous point and retracted it XD

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #847 on: July 24, 2015, 09:25:16 PM »
previous post*

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #848 on: July 24, 2015, 10:08:43 PM »
Leaving, will be back a few hours before deadline so my vote is available for whatever consolidations if necessary

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #849 on: July 24, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
That's the same as Conq wondering why I find it difficult to make a case on Skys content when he only addresses content that wasn't even made as I said that. Am I scum because I can't read in my sleep nor post at work?
I just checked to make sure I wasn't getting the time line wrong and all of sky's content posts sans the vote came before your bulk reasoning post on voting sky. I wasn't talking about the initial vote you had on sky but the followup reasoning. And I don't think anyone has attacked you on account of inactivity?

No real time to catch up on rest, time is limited. May or may not be back before dealind, whenever tat js

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #850 on: July 24, 2015, 11:27:07 PM »
Deadline is July 25 3:29:18 am EDT, so around 6 hours? This is pointless right now.
Whi is at L-1 right now? We should hammer something down already.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #851 on: July 24, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »
Both Skypal and Dorian are L-2. Dunno if I'm so keen on hammering, but if there's nothing left to say, I can switch off of Dorian to Skypal so you can hammer.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #852 on: July 24, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »
my advice is to do that

Don't lynch me.

Dorian White

« Reply #853 on: July 25, 2015, 12:12:37 AM »
Could you wait at least till I updated my case? Please!
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Dorian White

« Reply #854 on: July 25, 2015, 01:09:52 AM »
OK, I see now that Conq was right after all, maybe I just needed his actual vote (not a placeholder on Dan) to make the connection but now I start to see something.

Sky votes me for having a weak case on him and weak claim timing, right?
Well, how is the claim timing even a thing? You claimed early cause you were picked to go first and I came after you, shit happens.
And I didn't voted you for disagreeing with Bard, I voted you for PoE and because I readed Bard as scum to begin with. You remember, same slot = same alignment?
And now to your read and case, it's interesting how much of your supposed limited time you send here on DNA who you apparently not even case but what get's your main suspect? Only one post highlighted and you didn't even do anything with it.
?... from day 2. Dorian looks worse - there's nothing really bad, just...he doesn't feel connected or invested somehow. Not making a splash or being memorable.? Just a vaguely blanket suspicion? Nothing really bad? Like maybe voting your slot over my supposed scum buddy? I have a hard time to believe that you missed that fact. <_<;
And even here minutes before you vote me does it still sound as if you were more suspicious about DNA than about me.
So I can see this vote only as a disguised not-me over me and even that would be actually better than to pretend that you have a case here.

OK, that was it, I'm done for today.

##Vote: Sky Paladin

Now disaster take your course.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #855 on: July 25, 2015, 02:00:23 AM »
Here to hammer
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #856 on: July 25, 2015, 02:00:53 AM »
So we milked everything out of the day?

ActionDan

« Reply #857 on: July 25, 2015, 02:04:51 AM »
yup

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #858 on: July 25, 2015, 02:09:54 AM »
Can I have a summarization of your reads one more time though, Dan.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #859 on: July 25, 2015, 02:11:22 AM »
I still don't really like how your presence's been minimal, and I want to somewhat fix this before ending the day :/

ActionDan

« Reply #860 on: July 25, 2015, 02:44:37 AM »
Bard/Sky is scum.  Patrikku is conf-town.  Shadoweh is town. Conq is town.  Dorian is town.  You and Serela are tbd.  Sky is scum.

zee end

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #861 on: July 25, 2015, 02:45:35 AM »
K

##Vote Sky pal

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #862 on: July 25, 2015, 06:20:11 AM »
Back
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #863 on: July 25, 2015, 06:27:23 AM »
End of Scrapping Cycle
Skypal (5): ActionDan, Conq, Dorian, Modvote, DarkninjaABC (LYNCH)
ActionDan (3): Serela, Skypal, Patorikku (L-2)
Out of Combat: Shadoweh

It takes 5 ships targeting another one to destroy it.
There are No Hours left in the Combat Cycle[/b]

Due to the game Making My Life Difficult at the moment, I really don't want to write flavor for this today, so....

something something something Engi Ship

something something smithereens

Something something Federation Scum

Skypaladin's ship, The Torus, Federation Roleblocker, was blasted to bits!

Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the high-tech Engi ship, The Torus

The Engi are intelligent beings composed entirely of nanomachines, which make them in a way like organic computers, susceptible to computer viruses rather then biological ones. The Engi race have some of the best engineering prowess in the galaxy, and are recognizable by their organized, donut-shaped messes they call ships. However, for all the engineering marvel they possess, they lack in fighting ability, making better ship operators and repairmen then ship-boarders. It's for this reason they tend to be terrorized by the Mantis and the Rockmen.
Consequently, the Engi are good friends with the Federation, who does their best to protect the Engi from the many dangers of the galaxy, in exchange for having built for them some of the more advanced ship-designs the galaxy has to offer. The crew of the Torus wants nothing to do with the oppressive rebels, and wish to aid The Kestrel in delivering their precious secret to the Federation Command.

You have two allies in this fight, your trusted companions of the Federation-vital crew of the Kestrel, and the Engi-allied Zoltans. You have open radio communication with them that you can access here: <Quicktopic link>

Your ship's special abilities are:
Ion Blast Mk II, the potent weapon of the Engi.
Capable of completely disabling a ship's systems and shields, Ion Blast Mk II easily renders enemy ships unarmed and vulnerable, making them unable to act for as long as you have them disabled. Any special abilities they have will be unusable until the Ion Blast wears off, and you can keep them disabled for as long as you keep them pinned down with the weapon. You may use this ability by PMing: ##Ion: Playername
Combat Drone Mk II, a deadly drone capable of ripping apart ships.
The Combat Drone Mk II is another advanced weapon of the Engi, capable of outperforming other combat drones and even capable of evading anti-combat drones. With careful use of Ion Blast weaponry, any ship meeting this drone will be defenseless and scrap long before they have time to react. (This is the Factional Nightkill)
Heal Bombs: Heal Bombs are an interesting combination of Engi nanomachine and ion burst technology, allowing you to stun and heal the crew of a ship at the same time. While your ship currently does not have the missile supply to actually use Heal Bombs, you know that the Rebels do not have access to them either.
These abilities only work during the Scrapping Cycle, but you may only use one at a time.

It's your mission to defeat the enemies out to destroy you so you and your allies can escape to the Federation Base. You'll be able to escape once you achieve an even battlefield with all opposing forces, or nothing can stop the same.

tldr you're Federation-Aligned, QT link is above. You're a Federation Roleblocker. You can safely fakeclaim as a Rebel Odd Night Jailer, if you do not desire to claim Roleblocker.

Something something something Scrapping Cycle, you have 24 hours
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #864 on: July 27, 2015, 06:20:09 AM »
THE REBEL FLEET HAS REACHED SECTOR 4: ABANDONED SECTOR

"This sector was the site of many major battles between the Federation and Rebel fleets. Strangely, there's very little evidence of these battles remaining"

The combat cycle will end on Stardate D27M7Y2015, 2AM EST Earth Time.
It takes 4 ships targeting the same ship to destroy it.

Active Captains:
-DNA
-ActionDan
-Serela
-Dorian
-Conq
-Pakkitoru
-Shadoweh
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:22:16 AM by NekoNekoRex »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #865 on: July 27, 2015, 06:34:14 AM »
I think someone has something to claim

ActionDan

« Reply #866 on: July 27, 2015, 07:10:16 AM »
I used my ability, but between it, Shadoweh, and possibly Dorian I have no idea if it helped prevent a kill or they did.  In any case we're at odd numbers so that's cool.

Don't lynch me.

Dorian White

« Reply #867 on: July 27, 2015, 08:11:02 AM »
Same here. Only Shadoweh can tell if the lack of a kill was her doing or not and I have a feeling that she got hit anyway, because with the role bocker lynched did scum most likely lost their last way to work around our town OTP.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #868 on: July 27, 2015, 08:12:48 AM »
I want a more detailed claim out of you two, preferably, a fullclaim, because its relevant to what happened with my own ability

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #869 on: July 27, 2015, 08:19:21 AM »
Including the targets and the nature of your ability (for Dan)