Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 76512 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 1, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2015, 02:40:37 AM »
We have like 25 minutes? I'd still rather we lynched Dormio but there'd have to be a big jump for that to happen.

And yeah, generally we try to get claims before lynches, but if the person just isn't there to claim what are you gonna do?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2015, 02:43:08 AM »
You were a roleblocker iirc and died N2. I don't blame you for not remembering given d1 and d2 no lynches.

Eh, I seem to remember scum!Dormio being fairly active, but this might be outdated meta since I haven't played in a while. Reference game would be Mirai Nikki. I never gut Zak correctly but I do think he puts more of an effort into his town game. Or rather, I think he said once that his town game has more oomph. But again, outdated meta perhaps.

Cut: It's something I've noticed starting from when you started pushing Murrin heavily. :V I don't really agree that he's been posting nonsense, although some of his switches do look jerky. I imagine we'll talk more about this tomorrow, situation permitting.

Zak and Dormio both didn't bother to claim while they were here I don't think it's happening.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2015, 02:45:08 AM »
Have to go, Target Zak

L-1

Conqueror

« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2015, 02:45:56 AM »
Please retarget that correctly. If that doesn't count I swear NNR.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2015, 02:49:52 AM »
Day ends in 10 minutes, I'll hammer or make-sure-it's-hammer-incase-nnr-didn't-count-that after someone else votes, etc
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2015, 02:56:08 AM »
I thought Zak > Dormio > DNA > Murrin was clear? Why do you not like my suspicions?

Out for the rest of the phase.
What? I think you made it quite clear that you didn't suspected Dormio nor Murrin and that you voted Zakeri only because he was the only available lynch (aside from Dormio) at the time.
Also, what's about that:
.. . I don't even know who I'd lynch outside of the wagons apart from maybe Dorian?...
flying under the radar even wehen I'm talking with you?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2015, 02:56:53 AM »
4 minutes, I would kind of like that extra vote on the wagon juuuust to make sure even though I doubt NNR would be goofy like that on a clearly intended vote

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2015, 02:58:19 AM »
Whoops almost forgot about the game. Hammer shutup etc?

##Target: Zakeri

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2015, 02:58:33 AM »
##UNvote ##Vote Zakeri

Dorian White

« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:14 AM »
I still don't like it but I promised to ensure a lynch, so ?

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2015, 03:08:52 AM »
RADIO SILENCE HAS BEEN ENFORCED!
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 1, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »
End of Combat Cycle
Serela (1): Bardiche
WHMZakerei ⑨: Conq, SB, Dormio, Raitaki, Darkninja, Shalako, Shadoweh. Serela, Dorian
SB (1): Murrin
Conqueror (1): SB
Dormio (2): Bard, Zakerei

A ship can withstand the combined fire of 7 ships before it is destroyed.
Combat Cycle will end in RIGHT NOW

========
With the threat of anyone being one of those dastardly Federation ships, the fleet quickly ensued into a ball of chaos as friendly fire was traded among all ships engaged in the mission to find and destroy the Kestrel and its allies.

Soon, the Fleet had finally reached the edges of the first sector, and the mighty Rebel Flagship would soon give orders to cease fire. But finally, amid the chaos, one ship had been singled out.

Captain Zakeri soon found himself the target of more weapons fire then he quickly found he could handle... the pressure of his task and the threats of those around him were finally starting to wear down...

Instantly, just as things were nearing their peak, something within the captain and his crew snapped. In an unprecedented move, Zakeri's ship made a sudden turn into another Rebel ship, catching the unlucky ship off guard as Zakeri's ship rammed it. The sickening sound of metal screeching as it cuts through metal could not be heard through space, but it could be felt by all present as the fight, for a brief moment, ceased, to watch this spectacle. What was the purpose of this suicidal move?

....Wait, it did not appear the ship piloted by Zakeri was actually damaged.... in fact...

The sickening feeling could only be felt worse as many soon came to realize that this ship was not just driving itself into another ship... the rebel ship was being consumed! Zakeri and his crew... they were eating the ship....! And then... they're going to eat us!
Oh my Goooooooooooooood!

The ceasefire did not last long after. With incredible might, the full force of the Rebel Fleet came bearing down on the ship cannibals, before they could do any more destruction.  It was only seconds later before Zakeri and his ship were soon rend into shreds, no longer a threat to the Rebel Alliance.

Zakeri and his ship, The Kruos, Rebel Universal Backup, has been destroyed!

Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the mysterious Lanius ship, The Kruos

The Lanius are a strange and feared race of beings made from metallic structures, mostly derived from their diet of metal. Akin to this, they also have the amazing ability to shape metal into whatever they like, able to copy weapons and other technologies they find and consume, making them fearsome fighters. The Lanius had hidden themselves for many years but have recently reemerged like a plague upon the galaxy, as they consume the metal of their prey worlds and ships. The Lanius do not need to breathe, so when their food source is depleted, they go dormant and float through empty space, until they find their next unfortunate victims.
This time, however, the Federation ships have proven to be most rich and delicious prey. The rebels and such you have allied with seem to have the same idea, you think.

Your ship's special ability is:
Assimilation. From the broken scraps of others, you can feast upon their remains.
This ability lets you replicate the basic abilities of broken ships you have decided to feast upon, letting your ship gain the ability to do what they did before death. A very powerful ability, with which you can use to help or hinder others you may think of as friend or foe.
You can use this ability by PMing ##Assimilate: Dead Playername
You can only use this ability during the Scrapping Cycle
Your ship only has enough space to hold one copied technology, and this can't be undone, so choose wisely before you activate it.

You wish to eat the Federation ships, and thus this space combat won't stop until you've destroyed their entire force.

tldr you are a Rebel 1-Shot Universal Backup. This doesn't work on scum

The Scrapping Cycle has begun. The Rebel Fleet will move onto Sector 2 in 27 hours.
Send Private Orders to the Rebel Flagship before the end of the Scrapping Cycle on Stardate D18M07Y2015, 3AM EST Earth Time
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:19:49 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 1, Scrapping Cycle)
« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2015, 03:53:23 AM »
Dormio has requested a Sub

EDIT: ActionDan replaces Dormio.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:12:36 PM by NekoNekoRex »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 2, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2015, 07:12:52 AM »
PREPARE FOR FASTER THEN LIGHT TRAVEL

As you make bank off the remains of the Kruos, the Elite of the Rebel Fleet scatter to repair their hulls and plan their next move. However, as the time comes for them to regroup, another brilliant flash alerts the fleet to a nearby battle!

However, by the time the ships are able to scramble and move to intercept, the battle has already ended! All that is left to be seen is the remain's of SB's ship!

From what a quick autopsy can gather, SB had been using his ship's secret weapon to manipulate the thoughts of other captains nearby for his own nefarious purposes! But it seems the Slug's nefarious abilities were not enough to see this attack coming! Worse still, whoever did it left no trace of their passing, and there's not even any scrap to be gutted! Or were the Slugs so cheap, that their ship was just worthless from the start?

...or were they among those still present?

SB, piloting The Ariolimax, Rebel Hijacker, couldn't detect their own doom!

Welcome to Faster Than Light Mafia, Captain!
You have been chosen to pilot the insidious Slug ship, The Ariolimax

Slugs are a sneaky, opportunistic race that hides deep within the galaxy's many nebulas. Slugs are well known for their prowess in less wholesome tactics warfare, hiding deep within the silent and dangerous nebulas, often appearing at the most devastating moments, uploading viruses, using good old surprise attacks, and using other cunning tactics to gain the upper hand. They are also known for their greed and unfair business dealings, thus many don't care for them at all.
Your reason for joining the rebel side to defeat the Federation ships is to get your hands on as much scrap as possible. You don't really care for the Rebel ideals (in fact, they don't like you either), but those Feds are carrying so much lovely, shiny scrap, and you absolutely must have it all.

Your ship's special ability is:
Mind Control technology, a very evil way of getting just what you want out of your victims.
With mind control, you can control the stupid little battlefield to your whims. Maybe that ship you're sure is gunning for you might be better off firing at that OTHER schmuck instead. You can force ships to use their abilities on other ships of your choosing, using Mind Control on their captains to bend them to your will.
You can use this function by PMing ##Mind Control: Direct [Player] towards [Other Player]. You can only do this during the Scrapping Cycle.

You wish to scrap the Federation ships, and thus this space combat won't stop until you've destroyed their entire force.

tldr you're a Rebel Hijacker.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2015, 07:22:09 AM »
THE REBEL FLEET HAS REACHED SECTOR 2: UNCHARTED NEBULA

"Nebulas were always dangerous places. Many electronics fail in these clouds. You will have to tread lightly."

Combat Cycle initiated. Combat shall cease on Stardate D21M7Y2015, 2AM EARTH TIME EST
It is estimated that the average ship can take on the combined fire of 6 other ships before it is destroyed

Active Captains:
-DNA
-ActionDan
-Serela
-Raitaki
-Bardiche ft. Skypal
-Dorian
-Shalako
-Conq
-Murrin
-Shadoweh

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2015, 08:07:19 AM »
Greetings

I've read around the first 5 pages of the game and skimmed the rest.

I had questions here and there, but they were mostly relevant a long time ago (e.g. re:page 2, "Serela, why are you satisfied with DNAs explaination of his problems with raitakis content?  Does the explanation hold water or is the mere attempt enough?") and so on.

I have a couple town reads and every one else falls in a spectrum that ends on a "I think this guy has a good chance of flipping scum" read.

I'm holding off on my more detailed thoughts and vote until the morning when I'm rested and can express them adequately and also reaffirm my reads

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2015, 09:10:59 AM »
Start of the weekend for me, very little sober posting. 
Also I just started to learn everybodies avatars and now everybody changed them?
And changed mine somehow?

« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2015, 09:12:45 AM »

Plz no.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2015, 11:17:06 AM »
It's the mod's birthday, avatars are being randomized. It'll be normal tomorrow.

Dan, I have only one question, is Conqueror town or scum?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dorian White

« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2015, 01:15:36 PM »
SB was right, posting at 5am was so much fun! [/sarcasm]

With that out of the way, time to reorder my suspects:

Murrin gets the credit of the doubt for now. Just pushing him didn't proved itself productive and my attempt at night didn't turned out as I expected (thanks SB ^^; ), so I need to come up with a new approach anyway.

SB got himself killed (thanks again ^^;; )

And that leaves ?

##Target: Bardiche

I still find the timing of your Dormio case questionable, especially since I think you could have made the case one post before. I mean in the post where you were still too busy pushing Serela over a point he addressed twice already, speaking of ignorance.
Sure, you could say that the responses wasn't really satisfactorily but honestly, what did you expect at that point?

ActionDan

« Reply #320 on: July 18, 2015, 01:26:37 PM »
Dan, I have only one question, is Conqueror town or scum?

Town lean

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #321 on: July 18, 2015, 01:48:58 PM »
one question

did zakeri's flip always say he was rebel

I could have sworn when the lynch was flipped it said scum but then I glanced at it again and it says he was town ;______;

ActionDan

« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »

And that leaves ?

I still find the timing of your Dormio case questionable, especially since I think you could have made the case one post before. I mean in the post where you were still too busy pushing Serela over a point he addressed twice already, speaking of ignorance.
Sure, you could say that the responses wasn't really satisfactorily but honestly, what did you expect at that point?

Basically this, minus the links which are screwed up a little and point to the wrong posts. 

From first to last I've not liked bard's posts.  The complaint against Conqs non-rvs vote was as flimsy when it was made as it was when Bard aknowledged it wasn't durable.  The Serela vote was underwhelming when it was obvious she was pressed for time, and the continued fixation when for all intents and purposes Serela had addressed Bard's concerns is baffling.   It's also an easy way out to say something like "effort = town" to get out of a stale read instead of looking at the content, this also applies to his Shalako read too which is constructed off the twin pillars of effort and being a strong independent free thinker that don't need no vote, which are as collapsible as Greeces economy.  (Also everyone seems to be seriously embellishing Shalakos effort.  How hard is it to more or less singularly point out that DNA stubbornly, purposely, and obnoxiously won't answer a question?).  I don't have too much of a problem with the timing of bard's Dormio case but it isn't particular hard to debunk since there's no reason Dormio shouldn't assign equal probability to murrin thinking that either raitaki is misunderstanding something or purposely misrepping something (raitaki did neither btw) without murrin making it clear why he favors one over the other, and there is no indication of that.  The point about his DNA suspicion is not that reasonable to me.  Mostly since DNA inspires that paranoia by just looking at page 2 and Dormios opinion was reasonable, but also because there's nothing really to get down and dirty with after "I think maybe DNA argued for it's own sake".  He did or he didn't, you can't prove it.

And that's it.  Low interactions, and stances that are shallow

More thoughts will come later but I'm a bit busy atm

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2015, 02:50:39 PM »
As a note, it's unlikely I'm going to do anything in particular about the deadline since I personally don't find the avatars that big of a hindrance. Distraction, maybe, but not hindrance.

Unless there's some kind of overwhelming bitching about it, at least (like the last time). Try to have some fun, eh?

ActionDan

« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2015, 02:55:28 PM »
Keep it the same yeah

Don't lynch me.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #325 on: July 18, 2015, 03:31:36 PM »
Got something to do for the next few hours, just popping in to mention that I got roleblocked.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

ActionDan

« Reply #326 on: July 18, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »
Basically this, minus the links which are screwed up a little and point to the wrong posts. 

Nvm.  Links are fine.  My phone is the problem

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

« Reply #327 on: July 18, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »
Hmm. I'm waiting for something before I can make an actual post.
Nice to see you here though, Dan.

ActionDan

« Reply #328 on: July 18, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »
You too :).

You probably could post and act like w.e. it is never happened tbh

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #329 on: July 18, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
Depressing. After all that fiasco I still completely lost it and bawled my head off over nothing. Its late over here so I will avoid posting and starting up shit again, thoughts tomorrow.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------