Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 76547 times)

Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 1, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »
I'm here, i'm here til Deadline! reading!!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2015, 08:46:31 PM »
I'm here but only for a short while because I need to head out to work soon.
Also, there's like a flash wagon on me or something.
Somebody tell me who the counter wagon is because Conq says Zak but he only has one vote on him?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2015, 08:46:53 PM »
Still making my post.

Zak, why did you not explain your townreads on Serela and Shadoweh? I thought you were just shitposting at first until I looked back over it just now so ummmmm

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »
And people don't seem to want to vote for Murrin for whatever reason.
I haven't read Murrin's latest posts so maybe that changed things, I dunno.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
Dormio, what are your reads besides Murrin?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2015, 08:52:51 PM »
Conq explaining himself in depth actually makes me feel a bit better about him. While I still don't feel like he tried to engage with Murrin very much (since I felt the meta question was weird because if Murrin posted 10 times as much as he did in the last game his style was obviously going to be very different) now he fully explained his vote on me it comes across less as picking an easy target than I thought it was at first. And ftr I went to sleep immediately after the last game and didn't really think about mafia, or else I probably would've tried to finish the thing.

I kind of said what I thought about the wagons a few hours ago it's still kind of a hard answer. I don't even know who I'd lynch outside of the wagons apart from maybe Dorian? I didn't like the Murrin votes much so that's out, and voting DNA would basically be because of paranoia but I don't think he's actually scummy or anything so I wouldn't vote there either. My Zak and Dormio reads both depend a little bit on how they respond to my questions, but I'd probably lean towards Zak atm if anything since my townread on him was based on misreading one of his posts.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
I don't particularly like DNA/Shalako but not enough to really vote for either of them.
Bard starting a last minute wagon strikes me as a un-Bardlike thing to do but this could just be a product of my faulty memory.

I haven't really had the time to read anyone else since the game started when work started again and I haven't had much in the way of time.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2015, 09:04:42 PM »
Dormio's post itself reads fine but DNA said he was playing Dota for a while even though Dormio said he was busy so ugh

mafia is hard

« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2015, 09:09:46 PM »
irrelevant questioning over mafia slangs you could've googled yourself that
Outright Lies here's what happens if you try to google those terms It's also very poor to attack a player simply for not knowing the slang you know.
Mudslinging a player as unexperienced simply because they don't know the slang is ridiculous

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ITP+Mafia

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+MotK+town

Again, preemptive apology if you do indeed, which is why I have chosen to address you as a newb.

Why in the hell would anyone lie about how experienced they are? If you are gonna lie about how experienced you are, you'd say you were less experienced not more rofl.

if so, why does being misinformed and wanting to lynch new  players make DNA scum?
My argument was that Murrin and you, even if in an ideal world where I assume that you both of you are town, will end up impairing our scumhunt instead of furthering it.
DNA isn't scum hunting, he's justifying his vote as "best for the town" even though it's not related to mine or Murrin's alignment.

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »
Yeah so turns out I'm not good at all this high-content shit because I can't read anyone Day 1.

I honestly don't like the Dormio wagon, because what he has posted has been very reasonable, (and I am trusting Conqueror on Dormio's meta).  I feel like this is the same Dormio as last game (which was Town).

I really don't think any of the cases are very strong at all.  I guess I would say I am very very very mildly suspicious of: Dorian, SB, Shadoweh.

Dorian because I feel like they're taking advantage of the fact that it's easy to jump on the vote of the "new" guy (me) who screwed up, and I haven't seen a great deal more analysis from Dorian - not to mention, Dorian's vote has been parked on me since RVS.

SB because of the whole "not posting"/"deleted post" deal, and because of his weird vote on Selery earlier in the game.  SB, could you explain that vote?  This one:
Quote from: SB
##Vote: Serela

I don't like the way that he deflects DNA's Raitaki vote. I think DNA's vote is valid at this point in the game and the question Serela asked feels kind of like posturing to me, because there was no reason for Serela to ask that question when it wasn't related to DNA's vote. It just seems like he was trying to look like he was being helpful.
As I mentioned later, Selery's question was directly related to DNA's vote, so I don't see how your Selery vote was justified.

I could very easily see Shadoweh being Scum and and just hiding behind her meta to tunnel someone who she knows is Town.  Especially since she has recently provided almost no content other than tunneling me.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2015, 09:21:50 PM »
Less than 2 hours left.

@Dormio: Currently I think the wagons people have expressed interest in (with some overlap) are primarily you, Murrin and Zak, and secondarily SB and DNA. Personally my top choices would be either Zak or you, and I'd only lynch Murrin/SB as a worst case scenario I think. I'm not supporting a DNA lynch, both because I don't think he's scum and because of his beloved claim.

Also I think Dormio and Zak should probably claim at this point
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
OK? Can some one tell me why there is a Dormio wagon? 0_0 In a way that is readable on a phone.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
I do support consolidating, but I'm probably not going to vote for Dormio, and I'm obviously not going to vote for myself.

« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
OK? Can some one tell me why there is a Dormio wagon? 0_0 In a way that is readable on a phone.
Stalking him playing a diffident game instead of Mafia, His post where he outlines his thoughts and people not wanting to vote people who aren't hunting scum.(As far as I can tell)

Could you rephrase your question you asked me about murrin please.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2015, 09:32:03 PM »
For my part, I'm sheeping Bard:
I don't like Dormio claiming he's paranoid about DNA, but doing so in an obtuse way. Spouting conspiracy theories and then telling us to disregard is like subtle little nudges of "hey guys, DNA is totes suspicious" but Dormio declines from getting in dirty about it. In fact, while he's "paranoid about DNA being Scum", Dormio has little demonstrable work that shows DNA is or is not scummy at the moment. The only follow-up is that DNA's thought process "reads genuine".

Similarly, I don't like Dormio's case on Murrin. It's not only lazy, it's also nutty. It's entirely possible for Murrin to "see a case for Raitaki misunderstanding" and for Murrin to believe that Raitaki did not misunderstand anything. Dormio's case hinges on the latter being absent, where it's plainly obvious from Murrin's posts and suspicions that at the time at least, he didn't believe Raitaki had misunderstood anything.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2015, 09:34:27 PM »
DNA's vote was because he thought Raitaki was fluffing up his posts with roleplay to make it look like he was doing more than he was, which didn't focus on Raitaki's content itself. That was why I didn't feel like Serela's vote was relevant.

I don't think I would vote Dormio at this point.

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri

Deadline is pretty close at this point so I'm putting this down in case I end up missing it for whatever reason.

« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
Lynching someone for being wrong and lurky is so much worse then lynching someone who's using poor logic to defend their poor votes.
Any time someone says they are doing something for "the best of us the town, look how townie I am guys" lynch them

Huge FoS on SB for throwing his vote away this close to deadline.

Timers running out and you vote someone who has one vote on them?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2015, 09:40:30 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Zakeri

I'd also like to say that Shalako sheeping DNA's argument about me playing DotA is hilariously bad.
Also, the amount of AtE in the post above mine and things like "throwing his vote away" don't make me feel any better about him.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2015, 09:41:47 PM »
Also, I'm gone now so see you later.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
Battlemap Junior 7

Dormio (5): Bard. Serela, Darkninja, Raitaki (L-2)
WHMZakerei (3): Conq, SB, Dormio
(Some other people being voted, short on time)

Deadline has be extended.
Combat Cycle will end at 11PM Earth Time EST, or in 5.5 Hours

Regardless of a Majority Targeting or not, there will not be a flip until Deadline hits (meaning, when I get home). If a comod or forum mod doesn't end communications, I expect you guys to radio silence the moment someone gets hammered.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2015, 09:45:43 PM »
I'd also like to say that Shalako sheeping DNA's argument about me playing DotA is hilariously bad.
You are aware Mr.White asked why people are wagoning you and that's one of the reasons?
You are aware where my vote is?
You are aware of statements I've made regarding lynching you?
You are aware we are coming into crunch time so of course I'm going to get upset when people don't vote the person I think is sketchy and instead vote for yet another poor wagon he's pushing?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »

If I don't want to lynch Dormio, who else am I gonna vote?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2015, 09:49:48 PM »
@Shalako: To be fair, A lot of people with votes elsewhere have also expressed support for a Zakeri lynch. Including most of the current Dormio wagon. Also your reasoning for voting DNA still falls flat, because if it's scummy to vote people for reasons not directly related to their alignments then you can also apply that accusation to most of the SB wagon. After all, failing to make a post would fall under lurking/laziness, not exactly scumminess.

Doesn't look like Dormio's lynch is happening.

##Untarget
##Target: Zakeri

Cut by 4

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2015, 09:56:20 PM »
Lynching someone for being wrong and lurky is so much worse then lynching someone who's using poor logic to defend their poor votes.
Any time someone says they are doing something for "the best of us the town, look how townie I am guys" lynch them

>This entire post
Zak was always a viable wagon even with only one vote, plus weren't you voting him earlier? I don't get this line of reasoning.

@Zak: You never answered my question: what information does the dna lynch give that the murrin lynch didn't?
Also, you should claim.

NNR is a scrub votecounter, just time just use the votecouting tool or something

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2015, 09:57:56 PM »
At least with the deadline extension we'll have plenty of time to consolidate!

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2015, 09:59:03 PM »
@Shalako: To be fair, A lot of people with votes elsewhere have also expressed support for a Zakeri lynch. Including most of the current Dormio wagon. Also your reasoning for voting DNA still falls flat, because if it's scummy to vote people for reasons not directly related to their alignments then you can also apply that accusation to most of the SB wagon. After all, failing to make a post would fall under lurking/laziness, not exactly scumminess.
Lynching someone for Lurking or Saying they were going to make a post then not do it is radically  different from trying to lynch people without the Town's main motivation behind it.
How can you even compare them?
Anyways after calling SB vote a throw away to run out the clock i'm gonna put my vote behind him since voting for a team DNA is pushing to distract from himself is dumb.

##Untarget
##Target: Zakeri

« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
>This entire post
Zak was always a viable wagon even with only one vote, plus weren't you voting him earlier? I don't get this line of reasoning.
Time, it wasn't about how viable it was, it was about how likely a wagon with 1 other vote on it had of taking off in the 80mins(iircc) we had with what 3 people stating they were gonna be gone.
But let's do it!

Conqueror

« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »
>Original deadline ends in 15 minutes
>No claims
Not that they would help at this point, I'm past the point of caring unless it's something stupidly good.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:06 PM »
I'm home now and we got an extension of the deadline that I mistook by an hour anyway. Hurray!

So, are there any alternative options for the lynch aside from Zakari and Dormio?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Conqueror

« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
Murrin has 2 votes
SB has 1 vote