Author Topic: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 4, Scrapping Cycle)  (Read 76549 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: FTL: Faster Then Light: Advanced Mafia (Sector 1, Combat Cycle)
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
Ehem, apologies for the dank memes.

But Shadoweh basically nailed it, I am not willing to directly put a vote on Murrin at the moment because I still want to remain open-minded instead of pressing for a claim and potentially ignoring other scummy players, namely, powerlurking players such as Zak who could be a even better lynch depending on Murrin's response. Panic tend to make people screw up, and seeing how hysterical Murrin already is without being put to L-2,  I hardly think it would be beneficial for his casemaking to further pressure Murrin.

I didn't even notice the part about Raitaki's vote though, so that's an interesting observation to make. What was Raitaki's justfication for voting Shalako?
Oh, here it is:
Being a bit leery of Shalako atm. His latest post was nothing but brief responses and commentary to things people said, with little effort to find scum or point out if anything was scummy (and having no vote to show for the small attempt he did make).
I think that's just coincidence we voted the same person, we had basically the same argument far as Shalako is concerned, and since my only major scumreads are Murrin or Shalako (also Zak depending on how much longer he intends to lurk), my vote has to fall somewhere between them.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2015, 10:50:45 AM »
I will be back to work in a few minutes though, so later.

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2015, 11:13:37 AM »
It's also something townies say after they've seen the same pattern thirty times. I don't have a specific post that screamed 'this is town'. it's an overall early impression.
Okay thanks

f the L-2 thing is about claims, we usually get people to claim around L-2 to L-1 depending on how crazy it gets.
Oh really, how interesting! No hard and fast rule about L-2 doesn't lead to people not believing claims and hammering?
Though if your votecount is right it's interesting to note that Raitaki and DNA did go from arguing with each other to voting the same person, ie Shalako.
Same stated Motivation too.
Who is a very bad vote they should both stop doing.
I mean i'm just a tiny biased but it's not the worst. If you are afraid of people who don't throw out votes a ton and instead prefer to question.
D1 and all that
DNA stop posting dank memes.
I'm impressed DNA didn't respond to this with that DankRuneScapeTooLate.jpg meme

I'm gonna butcher this post to get my point across
I am not willing to directly put a vote on Murrin at the moment because I still want to remain open-minded instead of pressing for a claim and potentially ignoring other scummy players,

Murrin or Shalako (also Zak depending on how much longer he intends to lurk), my vote has to fall somewhere between them.
If you think 3 people are mafia, why not place your vote where it will be most effective?
If you intend to pressure Murren for reads why not...actually pressure him?

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2015, 11:21:30 AM »
goddamn it
if you intend to pressure Murren for reads why not...actually pressure him?]
Why do you think that it wouldn't beneficial for his casemaking to further pressure Murrin.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »
I regret lacking the devotion to turn on StayFocusd and tabbing in this again.

Okay, so actual last post for now.  Hey, Shalako, try to read my post before, in detail, thanks.

DNA out

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2015, 11:31:42 AM »
i'm suprised to see people complain about walls and complain about people not posting enough explanations  at the same time :P

It's because everyone is writing huge walls that do very little if anything in the way of explanation. Might I suggest trimming down your predilection for inserting quote-on-quote walls? They come across as nitpicking sentences.

I do think Shalako's refusal to vote is more of a town tell than a scum tell, as I've some difficulty grasping why scum would intentionally draw attention to themselves by refusing to do what many people have asked them to do. Falling in line would've been easier for him, I feel.

Ok, so Dormio (super hyper conspiracy version) thinks that the Raitaki/DNA argument is totally staged between scum and scum and we should lynch them both.
However, Dormio (somewhat more sane version) knows that Dormio (super hyper conspiracy version) is totally insane so we're going to ignore that Dormio's line of thinking.
This is all followed by Dormio (conspiracy version) thinking that DNA would start an argument like the one he did as tryhard scum.
But Dormio (meta version) knows that Dormio (conspiracy version) is just as crazy as Dormio (super hyper conspiracy version) and so we're going to disregard that thought for the time being.

What's this meant to mean?

The quote walls may have made people forget, but I have not. Serela, I still have my vote on you and I intend to keep it there until you satisfactorily respond to it. Saying you will here and then completely not doing so isn't a satisfactory response. Your vote on Zakeri is also lazy beyond belief, and since you said that the "best reasons [you] can come up with", I get the feeling you're just fabricating reads.

After Serela's past few games where he was cogent and resembled a great Mafia player, I'm loathe to believe he suddenly turned crap and became inable to make arguments. That supercedes any of this Murrin business people are on about. DNA and Shalako should stop their newlyweds dance and look at other things than splitting hairs with each other.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2015, 11:52:08 AM »
Oh really, how interesting! No hard and fast rule about L-2 doesn't lead to people not believing claims and hammering?
Ha ha, let's not be hasty. That totally still happens. But not usually on Day 1.

I didn't even notice the part about Raitaki's vote though, so that's an interesting observation to make. What was Raitaki's justfication for voting Shalako?
Oh, here it is:I think that's just coincidence we voted the same person, we had basically the same argument far as Shalako is concerned, and since my only major scumreads are Murrin or Shalako (also Zak depending on how much longer he intends to lurk), my vote has to fall somewhere between them.
I'm pretty sure that reasoning is wrong is what I'm saying. Shalako is trying hard to scumhunt people. I literally don't understand how this could be an argument. Is it because he's not voting? That doesn't negate the effort he's putting in.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »
What's this meant to mean?
That's basically just me being crazy and a note that my thoughts may be slightly influenced by the paranoia that DNA is scum. (I don't know how to read DNA)

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2015, 01:23:50 PM »
I can't even parse all of this bullshit and I'm not even going to pretend I can read through all of this at once.
Murrin seems to be the biggest wagon so let's just investigate that.

Re: Shadoweh's targeting post
Yeah I agree it's suspicious that Murrin brings up a suspicion against Serela while defending all of his actions. His vote for Raitaki follows in that he things Rai is worse, but it also feels like his suspicsion of Serela is forced. He doesn't want to be caught not mentioning Serela but also doesn't want to pursue Serela. this doesn't mean Serela is scum though.

I don't see anything I could argue about in Conq's reasoning.

also I guess Dormio has a point in that Murrin defended Raitaki's vote and then ignored his own defense. Making both of his suspicions forced.

...which makes me think the whole wagon is bunk now all at once. I mean, i could just go an accept the reasoning that his suspicions are forced, but if I did that I would be forcing my own suspicions on him, and I certainly am feeling the pressure to move my vote from Conqueror onto Murrin's wagon. This probably sounds paradoxical, but as town I don't want to force my suspicions and so I'm forgiving Murrin for forcing his suspicions.

The only other thing I read was Shakalaka and DNA, and while I think their interactions and bickering befit a town/town argument, I don't really like DNA's vote on Shamalamadingdong for not having a vote down despite all the effort he's trying to put in.

##Disengage: Conqueror
##Target: DarkNinjaABC

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2015, 05:01:42 PM »
Battlemap Update 3
Raitaki (1): , Murrin
Serela (1): SB, Bardiche
Murrin (4): Dorian, Conq, Shadoweh, Dormio
Darkninja (1): Zakerei
WHMZakerei (1): Serela
Shalako (2): Raitaki, DNA
Defensive Maneuvers: Shalako

A ship can withstand the combined fire of 7 ships before it is destroyed.
Combat Cycle will end in 30 Hours

Power is back on.
Remember to play nice, guys.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:40:22 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2015, 05:08:31 PM »
So I agree with what Shadoweh/Zak are saying about Shalako/DNA. DNA is voting for Shalako even though he seems to be putting in a lot of effort. I'm not sure what the case is against Shalako, other than maybe the fact that he's not voting, which isn't a very strong case.

##Unvote
##Target: Darkninjaabc

After reading Dormio's post, I pretty much agree that my earlier Raitaki/Serela suspicion post is bullshit (even though I spent an hour and a half on it because at that point there was so little content that actually gave any information). Because of Dormio's post, I now see that my post (the post in which I initially brought up the Raitaki/Serela suspicion) is full of self-contradictions and thus the suspicions contained within it don't make much sense.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2015, 06:50:41 PM »
Hmm, Shalako's actual content still feels somewhat diluted, but then again he did make a lot of them, so he's putting in real effort. And all the anecdotes about his playing style in between that I glossed over before don't seem to be what scum would do on their first time playing at a new community, since they're giving up information about themselves.

##Untarget

Re Shalako on me vs Murrin: Me asking him whether you were scummy for agreeing with something I said was rhetoric. Similiar to Dorian's "am I suspicious for not seeing problems with Raitaki's content" at the beginning of page 3 of the thread. I didn't really expect Murrin to seriously respond to it, and if they seriously answered "yes" I would have gone after their ass.

Murrin is...hm. Low productivity, defended his somewhat miniscule case against me for a rather long time, but then admitted said case he spent at least 50% of his time defending was bullshit. I'm starting to doubt this is newbscum in action, his scumbuddy had plenty of time to tell him to abandon it and go after something else, and admitting his prior and only case was bullshit when about half the player base has either voted or spoken out against him seemed suicidal for scum imo, new or not. Don't feel like he's scum atm. It'd be good if he starts to read each player based on their overall behaviour though, instead of only judging them sentence-by-sentence (see also: defending Serela and calling her suspicious in the same post).

I'm kind of confused by Zak's reasoning on why he's forgiving Murrin ; v; His "I don't see anything I could argue about in Conq's reasoning" is also odd and seemingly came out of nowhere. I'd like to hear his explanation on why he mentioned that.

DNA's content has had a significant drop in quality ever since we dropped our argument. Now he's just mainly voting Shalako for his lack of vote and apparently Shalako failing to meet his standards for making a case. Him townclearing me for ~*~effort~*~ seemed kind of odd too, considering all I did between dropping my RP posting style and now was questioning Murrin on his suspicions and voting Shalako.

Reminder that SB poofed from the radar.

And now ##Target: Darkninjaabc.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2015, 08:37:29 PM »
My post disappeared because mafia sucks.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:11 PM »
.-.

So can you make another one, or...?
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »
Doing it.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »
he did make a lot of them
by this I meant posts. shalako had low content per post but many posts. hurr

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2015, 11:38:34 PM »
Can only skim until I get to this later tonight

##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

Gut, but I'll say that I usually have a town read on Serela by now and none of his posts have been particularly inspiring. The Zak vote in particular reminds me of the kind of vote scum!Serela likes to throw out when he has no reads to pursue.

Darkninja's focus on Shalako was probably  bit harsh but I still have townish vibes from him, will need to look over what people are saying

Will think more about Murrin and talk more about him later

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »
I will say that Shalako really should have a vote down by now though. His reaction to the pressure on him felt townish though, but I'm surprised he hasn't voted given I think he's gotten the responses he was looking for?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2015, 12:46:45 AM »
After reading Dormio's post, I pretty much agree that my earlier Raitaki/Serela suspicion post is bullshit (even though I spent an hour and a half on it because at that point there was so little content that actually gave any information). Because of Dormio's post, I now see that my post (the post in which I initially brought up the Raitaki/Serela suspicion) is full of self-contradictions and thus the suspicions contained within it don't make much sense.
So, you need Dormio to see something that I already pointed out to you yesterday? :T I'll remember that.
However, my problem with it wasn't the contradictions but the fact that you took a questionable one sided interpretation to vote and therefore directed suspicion onto someone based on an event that didn't actually happen. Sounds somehow familiar, doesn't it? <_<

Also:
So I agree with what Shadoweh/Zak are saying about Shalako/DNA. DNA is voting for Shalako even though he seems to be putting in a lot of effort. I'm not sure what the case is against Shalako, other than maybe the fact that he's not voting, which isn't a very strong case.
This isn't a strong case either. So why do you went for that instead of SB? Cause you already brought up a good point against his Serela vote, didn't you? A vote he still holds by the way.

Speaking of which, I'm really curious about the post that SB promised, cause his content so far is quite lacking.

But now to DNA. Good that guy made a ?far-fetched comparison? about Raitakis behavior and went into a tantrum as he got confronted with it. Both things aren't unusual for town-DNA, which I know is a meta point but still, what does he get out of this? Cause the last time I checked was ?blunt call for attention? not the highest point on a scum agenda.

And on the other side. I guess Shalako really deserves some town points for effort but I would value his points more if it wasn't for the above reasons and the fact that he apparently not value them himself to accompany them with a vote.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2015, 01:50:49 AM »
So, you need Dormio to see something that I already pointed out to you yesterday? :T I'll remember that.
Dormio pointed out that I said I saw where Raitaki misunderstood and voted for him anyway; and that I called Selery suspicious for thinking Raitaki's content was okay even thought I said the only problem I had with Raitaki's post may have been due to a misunderstanding. 

You pointed out that Raitaki's question didn't look like a directing of suspicion, but rather a request for clarification. 

Quote from: Dorian White
This isn't a strong case either. So why do you went for that instead of SB? Cause you already brought up a good point against his Serela vote, didn't you? A vote he still holds by the way.
I didn't think of SB's case against Serela, which is why I didn't vote SB. 

DNA voted for Shalako, not sure exactly why, possibly because he's not voting, even though Shalako seems to be trying.  SB voted for Serela based on something I think is false (that the question Serela posed to DNA is unrelated to DNA's vote for Raitaki), and SB has been quite lurky lately. 

Case on SB looks stronger to me right now.

##Untarget
##Target: SB

Quote from: Raitaki
It'd be good if he starts to read each player based on their overall behaviour though, instead of only judging them sentence-by-sentence (see also: defending Serela and calling her suspicious in the same post).
Will do.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2015, 01:53:36 AM »
So what am I waking up to? Oh, votes on me, yikes, who are they from?

...I actually feel much less pressured that I normally would, probably because the vibes I am getting feel more like people expressing their frustration at my playstyle and flippant attitude instead of genuinely seeing problem in my content (or in Zakeri/Murrin's case, lashing out at someone to save their own skin), its a clever attempt to try to divert attention to me, but I too understand firsthand how aggravating mafia could be, especially when you need to confront someone whom seemingly has an impenetrable thick skull. And I do have a long history of flipping out regardless of my alignment when I am tired, so I personally wouldn't call that one indicative, but yeah, that's my opinion, feel free to pass divine vengeance on me all you want. It's the part of my playstyle I am trying to improve.

Anyway, sentimental stuff aside, if you still insist for punishing my gameplay instead of actually drawing attention to scumhunting, well, obviously I will still object, but that wouldn't change Shalako does deserve an apology change for that fiasco, so, sorry.

Right, now let's actually get back to the arguments targetting myself, and the one thing you all love and hate. Walls!
I can't even parse all of this bullshit and I'm not even going to pretend I can read through all of this at once.
Murrin seems to be the biggest wagon so let's just investigate that.

Re: Shadoweh's targeting post
Yeah I agree it's suspicious that Murrin brings up a suspicion against Serela while defending all of his actions. His vote for Raitaki follows in that he things Rai is worse, but it also feels like his suspicsion of Serela is forced. He doesn't want to be caught not mentioning Serela but also doesn't want to pursue Serela. this doesn't mean Serela is scum though.

I don't see anything I could argue about in Conq's reasoning.

also I guess Dormio has a point in that Murrin defended Raitaki's vote and then ignored his own defense. Making both of his suspicions forced.
Thats interesting, because in here, Zakeri doesn't even try to object to the arguments on Murrin, so he's essentially just parroting arguments and stating his stance, which makes such a big part of his post, after reading through and lurking for the majority of the day, nearly devoid of content. That shouldn't really happen, because when you lurk as town, you need to compensate for the downtime by offering insights, I see zero offered here, and based on Zak's playstyle, this seems to be only excusable when he's scum. So nope, opinions not improved at all, what's next?

...which makes me think the whole wagon is bunk now all at once. I mean, i could just go an accept the reasoning that his suspicions are forced, but if I did that I would be forcing my own suspicions on him, and I certainly am feeling the pressure to move my vote from Conqueror onto Murrin's wagon. This probably sounds paradoxical, but as town I don't want to force my suspicions and so I'm forgiving Murrin for forcing his suspicions.

The only other thing I read was Shakalaka and DNA, and while I think their interactions and bickering befit a town/town argument, I don't really like DNA's vote on Shamalamadingdong for not having a vote down despite all the effort he's trying to put in.
This is the actual part of Zak's argument, by 'actual part' I mean the part bolded only, he's calling me voting Shalako when he's inputting effort scummy, but Zak, you of all people were playing with me since the dawn of time! We were even in the very same game last time when we both played as scum, and you know fully well I input effort regardless of the alignment I am in. For you of all people, it feels like a very, very forced move, especially when you didn't really offer any reasoning for how in Shalako's case in particular effort should be a town clear on him. He's a new player, he doesn't have a history of his playstyle, and for all WIFOM is worth he could be the same kind of player as me when I started off, simply trying to fit in by frantically posting because everyone else are posting these long scary walls. Which is a motivation he would have regardless of alignment, in any case, your argument proposed here is a very weak slippery slope, and requires assuming 'effort equates townclear', which is most certainly not true.

The part not bolded, however, is where Zak offered an excuse for not actually voting the relevant wagon of which he agrees with every single argument on because 'it feels forced to force my suspicions on him when hes accused of the same thing', but what's that supposed to mean? It is paradoxical and wrong, but stating it to be paradoxical doesn't change anything about your motivations. It seems like a fine example of Poe's law here to me, and a particularly scummy tell for me, do pardon my bias, but Zak and me are in the same scumteam last game, and right now it seems you are just reusing your strategy which is a combination of lurking, sudden intermission post, back to lurking and hope things are swept under the rug tomorrow. I would strongly advise you to pick up on the slack and actually substantiate for your motivation.

Right, let's move on to Raitaki;
Hmm, Shalako's actual content still feels somewhat diluted, but then again he did make a lot of them, so he's putting in real effort. And all the anecdotes about his playing style in between that I glossed over before don't seem to be what scum would do on their first time playing at a new community, since they're giving up information about themselves.

Re Shalako on me vs Murrin: Me asking him whether you were scummy for agreeing with something I said was rhetoric. Similiar to Dorian's "am I suspicious for not seeing problems with Raitaki's content" at the beginning of page 3 of the thread. I didn't really expect Murrin to seriously respond to it, and if they seriously answered "yes" I would have gone after their ass.
This isn't an argument on me, but still relevant as I would like to make clear Murrin and Shalako obviously are unfamiliar with the mafia meta, or at least our mafia meta. So allow me to elaborate this more, there's a fundamental logical flaw with associating "effort = town", players showing  effort means they have enthusiasm for the game. And the reason why enthusiastic players can be lynched later is because if they show a disrespectancy in effort later on, that's a clear scumtell to avoid drawing attention to themselves. Me "townclearing" you for effort thereby follows the same logic, the later the game piles on, the clearer a trend I can observe with your behavior, and I can much more easily spot any inconsistencies. Which is why scum wants to kill off the productive players over the obvtown ones sometimes, in order so that they themselves can manipulate the conversation.

And with that said, indeed, my vote on Shalako was impulsive due to my state of mind more than anything, and partially because I was genuinely trying to wring better logic out of him, and that's went on to be a bit too aggressive, so ##Unvote. But we went over that before..

Murrin is...hm. Low productivity, defended his somewhat miniscule case against me for a rather long time, but then admitted said case he spent at least 50% of his time defending was bullshit. I'm starting to doubt this is newbscum in action, his scumbuddy had plenty of time to tell him to abandon it and go after something else, and admitting his prior and only case was bullshit when about half the player base has either voted or spoken out against him seemed suicidal for scum imo, new or not. Don't feel like he's scum atm. It'd be good if he starts to read each player based on their overall behaviour though, instead of only judging them sentence-by-sentence (see also: defending Serela and calling her suspicious in the same post).

I'm kind of confused by Zak's reasoning on why he's forgiving Murrin ; v; His "I don't see anything I could argue about in Conq's reasoning" is also odd and seemingly came out of nowhere. I'd like to hear his explanation on why he mentioned that.

DNA's content has had a significant drop in quality ever since we dropped our argument. Now he's just mainly voting Shalako for his lack of vote and apparently Shalako failing to meet his standards for making a case. Him townclearing me for ~*~effort~*~ seemed kind of odd too, considering all I did between dropping my RP posting style and now was questioning Murrin on his suspicions and voting Shalako.

Reminder that SB poofed from the radar.

And now ##Target: Darkninjaabc.
You are much more productive right now that when you are donning the silly RP, although I disagree your train of thought, I am pleased to see there's one at all, and because of the effort argument I raised before, which is the reason why I am willing to overlook yours, and by extension, Murrin's wagon at the moment unless you both have something overwhelmingly incriminating. MotK town has a bad habit of forgetting about lurkers and letting our mindsets reset after each night phase, so if we want to lynch lurkers, the time is now.

Besides, for Zakeri and Serela's cases (thanks for the reminder Bard), they seem more like actively avoiding providing content more than anything, and seeing Murrin's reponse, although as irritating as ever, can still be a non-indicative tell based on his inexperience, I believe my vote is better to pressure Zak to give actual insight at the moment.

##Vote Zakeri

cut by 1

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2015, 02:32:04 AM »
8 posts in 12 hours, if you exclude SB barely existing and me reacting to the glance of SB. 20 hours left. Except for the Murrin wagon, public opinion seems pretty split. I'd say it's time to start thinking about consolidation.

##Untarget
##Target: Zakeri

Honestly it's one of the lurkers right now if they don't improve. Aside from Murrin (who I don't really feel like lynching right now) and DNA, no one else really has anything resemblance a wagon on them, and I'm not willing to lynch DNA either if he doesn't start tunneling again. The vote just now was just to prod him to expand his posts while I wait for things to happen tbh.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2015, 03:34:42 AM »
Battlemap Update 4
Serela (3): SB, Bardiche, Conq
Murrin (3): Dorian, Shadoweh, Dormio
Darkninja (2): Zakerei, Murrin
WHMZakerei (3): Serela, Raitaki, DNA
SB (1): Murrin
Defensive Maneuvers: Shalako

A ship can withstand the combined fire of 7 ships before it is destroyed.
Combat Cycle will end in 19.5 Hours

Reminder that No Majority = No Ships Destroyed

Due to unexpected work schedule changes, it is unlikely I will be here for Deadline, unless the Cycle happens to end more then an hour early. I will probably have to rely on an extended twilight phase (if you want fluff), or a comod to flip for me.
I may extend deadline if needed, since it will accommodate my schedule better anyway, but don't abuse this possibility or I won't allow it.
Please understand.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:06:06 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2015, 03:36:57 AM »
I'unno if it's how wordy all the posts are this d1 or if it's just because it's d1 or what but I haven't been talking because I'm really just not getting anywhere with this. :T Dang BT can't sub until the 25th, that's not happening. It's probably terrible that I considered replacing out for that anyway. Skimming over the posts again.

It's funny, because I'm voting Zakeri, who is the person I can relate to the most here, except he's handling it better >:V (or he's scum, but, they're not mutually exclusive situations anyway!)

I like Murrin's case against SB, but it's awkward because SB supposedly lost a post? However, the thing is, that was like 7 hours ago, and he never posted anything afterwords. Like, I know losing a big post sucks and is horribly demotivating, but if you post literally nothing afterwords, uh. :T If the post was big enough to be awful to lose that means you had plenty to say and surely it wouldn't take that long to rehash -some- of it into something existant. I agree with Murrin that his original point against me was weird, in that it was over me asking DNA what he thought about Raitaki's content itself, which is an entirely reasonable and understandable question to ask someone at any given time regardless of what the circumstances may be.

Went back and reread SB's vote and am reminded of several things about it that seemed weird, e.g. saying it's weird I only paid attention to a small amount of the post (a short 2 sentence post and when I look back I don't understand any other post he could be referring to) OH WAIT actually he's talking about my second post there, where I just commented on the Bard thing, okay that's fine, but anyway I still think his case itself was weird and... then there was the post losing shenanigans later. (if you haven't noticed by now, I'm stream of conscious'ing here because I don't feel like I have anything worth saying in a post otherwise and I'd like to stop looking like I'm trying to post as few words as possible)

mmn, looking back through at zakeri's goofy earlygame definitely reminds me that I don't really mind the lynch on him, but I'm still more actively interested in seeing SB go or at the very least pressuring him into putting up content like he supposedly had earlier

let's see how do I feel about other people that doesn't include town reads

dna scum maybe???? but I wouldn't lynch him right now I'd rather see how that developed, it's mostly over shenanigans that might just be shenanigans, like his Shalako vote stuff, actually feeling sort of similarly about Raitaki except that's really different because DNA is wallposts everywhere and Raitaki is a small reasonable amount of content (I'm not saying I think the content itself is reasonable, I mean it's a manageable amount to parse through and read) and, well, his latest post is an improvement in that range, now that I read over it again with better context in mind.

By the way I'm sorry Bard but I'm quite sure this isn't the kind of Serela you were hoping to see. </3 (Actually nobody probably wanted to see this, sorry I'm still the old Serela too :D At least it's only because I -can't- find any groove to get into at the moment and should eventually get sorted out)

by the way I know I haven't actually talked about who I'm townreading because it's not important but the top of the list is totes Murrin

##Unvote ##Vote SB
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2015, 04:47:48 AM »
Hey, Shalako, try to read my post before, in detail, thanks.

DNA out
Yea, I get it's because you want to be open minded. Feel free to disregard the vote question if you don't feel like answering it, was just hoping you'd talk a bit more about it.

Why do you think that it wouldn't beneficial for his casemaking to further pressure Murrin?

Might I suggest trimming down your predilection for inserting quote-on-quote walls? They come across as nitpicking sentences.
It helps me keep track of who/what i'm talking to/about. It's the way i've always played. What do you think i'm nitpicking?
Hmm, Shalako's actual content still feels somewhat diluted, but then again he did make a lot of them
Yea, it's my playstyle.
Murren can vouch for it being standard for me regardless of affiliation, you'll also never see my lurk because lurking is for chumps who sign up to play a game then...don't play it.

I will say that Shalako really should have a vote down by now though...I'm surprised he hasn't voted given I think he's gotten the responses he was looking for?

The responses I got are the reason I didn't vote. I needed to question say to find out that DNA is a "angry" mafia player and my vote would have been poor since I didn't have that information.
I've got to learn how many players play and the meta here so that's why I've been waiting.
And i'm a stubborn son of a gun too.

but that wouldn't change Shalako does deserve an apology change for that fiasco, so, sorry.
No apology needed!
It's all part of the game and peoples emotional reactions and how you interpret them is a part of the game. I hope you don't have any hurt feelings, the tone of my posts can be rather harsh since one of those stereotypical angry townies was one of my large early influences.

everyone else are posting these long scary walls.
I ain't afraid of no walls.
I'm surprised to see you not mention Zek saying it's possible MeVs You as being possibly town vs town then voting you anyways as your wagon picked up.

MotK town has a bad habit of forgetting about lurkers and letting our mindsets reset after each night phase, so if we want to lynch lurkers, the time is now.
What is MotK town?
I hate lurkers but i'm in no way a fan of lynching them simply for lurking since you get garbage wagons that are hard to go over since peoples motivation is just "Lurkers suck"

Plz someone tell me my posts are better to read then Selery's latest post, I need the ego boost.

« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2015, 04:48:33 AM »
but the top of the list is totes Murrin
Why?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2015, 05:11:56 AM »
Shalako, just for reference in case we have trouble consolidating, who'd you most rather lynch for D1? Multiple choices are fine. We sort of have a history of being rather slow at consolidating (see also: last game), so it'd be helpful to know how many people are willing to lynch who so people with multiple scumreads can choose who to vote.
MotK town is basically just town's general playstyle on this forum. Also I think we usually consider lurkers viable D1/D2 lynches because sometimes they actually stop lurking when faced with a wagon, and I think some of us do put in less effort early on as scum as well. Personally I just hate getting to My/LyLo with someone I can't read because they have barely said anything all game.

Kind of curious about Serela's opinions on me and DNA. The only criterion we share that could be the basis of Serela's suspicions is us both voting Shalako for roughly the same reason, but I fail to see how our posting styles would factor into that.
Serela's latest post...minor town gut, I guess? It feels radically different from my first MoTK mafia game ever when Serela rolled scum and had no idea who to case all of D1. Granted it was three years ago, but frankly I feel that the only way Serela has changed over all the times I've stopped by was that her cases got better. Not really feeling this lynch either unless it's last resort.

Reminder that Shadoweh also poofed from the radar :Uc At least she has a decent case, but she still barely exists and I know nothing of her current opinions except that she thinks Murrin is scum and Shalako hasn't acted scummy yet.

« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2015, 05:29:02 AM »
Shalako, just for reference in case we have trouble consolidating, who'd you most rather lynch for D1? Multiple choices are fine.
Zak

The DNA wagon is off of him attacking me based off of little, but the only reason he's being attacked is he kept at it instead of vanishing into the void like Mr.Ship and it started early D1 of course it's gonna be based off of something silly.

No ones even mentioned the actually important reasons to attack him like not answering Mr.Ship to attack Murren so i'm skeptical of his wagon to say the least.

We sort of have a history of being rather slow at consolidating
Timers are lame, it's so much better not having a timer.

Personally I just hate getting to My/LyLo with someone I can't read because they have barely said anything all game.
Yea, that's why you leave the lurkers until later so you can justify lynching them for not providing info since some lurkers just don't post a lot(time/amount wise) but the longer you wait to lynch them the better your reads are and you can PoE too instead of shooting in the dark.

Conqueror

« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2015, 06:03:54 AM »

That's more like the Serela I was looking for.

I was interested in seeing SB's catchup, but that's apparently fizzled into thin air. From experience whenever I lose a big post the easy thing to do, if I'm not going to rewrite it immediately, is just give a tl;dr version. Or rather, that would be the town thing to do. Or at the very least make an updated vote and just say you'll provide the reasoning later. Promising a post and then just disappearing without giving anything is basically stalling, especially since his posts suggest that there was a lot of meat in the post he lost. And his catchup supposedly took around 12 hours to do in the first place. I'm not buying it.

His other content post is pretty null imo since it was based on early RVS shenanigans, but I think this alone is enough to make SB my top choice for today.

##Unvote
##Vote:SB

Zakeri looking at a wagon, agreeing with all the votes on it, and then rejecting the wagon is pretty weird, but it feels like something Zak would do regardless of alignment. And I feel like it would be easier for scum!Zakeri to just jump on the wagon if he was intent on doing fake analysis. Kinda mixed on my Zak read, since I don't get any super scum vibes like from Zak's BS VCA last game but nothing he posted would surprised me from scum!Zak. Zak has always been a hard read for me, so, uh, I'm going to try to avoid having to decide on a Zak read by getting SB lynched!

I liked the way DNA responded to the cases on his wagon! Not interested in voting that way.

My retroactive analysis of Murrin is that he seems to overreact and push back aggressively when under threat. It could be a scum reaction I guess, but his play here is reminding me of me flailing when I got wagoned in some of my first games here. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially since his last votechange feels like proactive scumhunting to me. Not really something I expect from scumhim in that situation where he's one of the leading wagons.

There are a bunch of posts I skimmed which I'll get back to now. Just wanted to get this out first and get the wagons going since the deadline is coming up.

Conqueror

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2015, 06:05:57 AM »
*proactive scumhunting by making a new wagon
Of course, that wouldn't apply with a Murrin/Zak scumteam, but I'd lynch Zak first out of those two anyway.