Author Topic: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale  (Read 60395 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2015, 09:44:25 PM »
//Oh yea forgot, thanks
>"You can't hide forever!"

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2015, 09:57:56 PM »
//Oh yea forgot, thanks
>"You can't hide forever!"

>Considering the voices almost definitely belong to the Three Fairies of Light, one of whom has the ability to bend the light around them to keep themselves hidden possibly indefinitely, yeah, they can probably hide forever. Unless...
>A small, deliberate cough catches your attention. Daiyousei has stopped before one tree in particular, and subtly points upwards. Looks like she's pinpointed the source. You knew you could rely on her expert hide-and-seek skills. She always finds you.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2015, 11:45:46 PM »
>Nod. Scale tree slowly. We should take this opportunity to spook them, it's too good.

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2015, 12:09:36 AM »
>Nod. Scale tree slowly. We should take this opportunity to spook them, it's too good.

>With great care, you slowly climb the tree. About halfway up, you hear the giggling stop, replaced by voices.
>"Where'd she go?" says one, a clear, bright voice you recognize as Star Sapphire's. "She was just here, knocking on trees and stuff..."
>"Maybe she left?" the gentler voice of Luna Child chimes in.
>"Nah, Star would've known," Sunny Milk argues. "I bet she's hiding!"
>Uh oh. Sounds like they could be on to you.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2015, 12:15:11 AM »
>"Keep going Dai-chan"
>Fly high into the center of the clearing, look around for a second or two. "Ahh, where could they be. I'm getting tired."

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 12:20:19 AM »
>"Keep going Dai-chan"
>Fly high into the center of the clearing, look around for a second or two. "Ahh, where could they be. I'm getting tired."

>Daiyousei looks at you, confused. "B-but I already found them..."
>That seems to have done the trick. "Haha, I knew that dumb fairy wouldn't find us," Sunny says triumphantly.
>"But you just said-"
>"Shut up!" Sounds of a brief scuffle can be heard.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 12:32:54 AM »
>"I guess I'll go bug Wriggle or Rumia. I bet they have some really cool stuff today." Begin flying away slowly. Cough*

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 12:45:47 AM »
>"I guess I'll go bug Wriggle or Rumia. I bet they have some really cool stuff today." Begin flying away slowly. Cough*

>Daiyousei takes off as well, looking highly confused. Once the two of you are a fair distance away, she whispers, "Cirno, wh-what's going on? I thought we wanted their h-help."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 12:47:50 AM »
>"D-Dai-chan!? What are you doing up here?"

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 12:52:43 AM »
>"D-Dai-chan!? What are you doing up here?"

>"I'm f-following you!" Her brow furrows. "D-did I do something wrong?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 12:56:58 AM »
>"I thought you were thinking what I was thinking and went to get them from behind while I was pretending to give up."
>"Aww, now they'll think I gave up AND I still won't be able to beat that big stupid frog." :(

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2015, 01:02:22 AM »
>"I thought you were thinking what I was thinking and went to get them from behind while I was pretending to give up."
>"Aww, now they'll think I gave up AND I still won't be able to beat that big stupid frog." :(

>"O-oh..." Daiyousei visibly wilts. "I'm s-sorry, Cirno. Maybe we can go back? I-I still remember which tree they were in..."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2015, 01:07:16 AM »
>"Oh that's a great idea Daiyousei. We can sneak up on them since they think we left, then Blam! We'll be the predadoors and they'll be the prey."
>begin sneaking back in.

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 01:21:07 AM »
>"Oh that's a great idea Daiyousei. We can sneak up on them since they think we left, then Blam! We'll be the predadoors and they'll be the prey."
>begin sneaking back in.

>"I d-don't want to be a predator," Daiyousei mumbles, concerned, but follows you nonetheless.
>What's your plan for sneaking up on the trio?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 01:26:49 AM »
>"We'll just go between the trees quietly until we get to their tree, then knock really loudly to startle them. They'll think it's Reimu and get scared, then we'll pop up."

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2015, 01:39:52 AM »
>"We'll just go between the trees quietly until we get to their tree, then knock really loudly to startle them. They'll think it's Reimu and get scared, then we'll pop up."

>Daiyousei nods. "Sh-should we land?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2015, 01:45:41 AM »
>"Yea. But we need to make sure we don't make lots of noise."

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »
>"Yea. But we need to make sure we don't make lots of noise."

>"All right. I'll be qu-quiet." The two of you silently touch down and make your way towards the trio's house.

((So I'm about to get on a plane for 10 hours. Feel free to reply, but I won't see it for quite some time. See y'all then!))

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2015, 02:36:33 AM »
>Be as stealthy as possible while approaching their tree

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2015, 01:11:20 PM »
>Be as stealthy as possible while approaching their tree

>The two of you approach the tree without making a sound. It's as if Luna Child herself were muffling your approach. Daiyousei indicates the tree you were scaling before. "H-here it is," she whispers. "What should I d-do?"

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »
>Whisper: "Nothin' yet. Like I said, I'mma make some noise first and pretend I'm the red-white. Let's see how they like that one!"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2015, 06:33:33 AM »
>"Just keep an eye out for anyone for now."

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »
>Whisper: "Nothin' yet. Like I said, I'mma make some noise first and pretend I'm the red-white. Let's see how they like that one!"

>"Just keep an eye out for anyone for now."

((Guh, sorry for the long absence. I'm in London right now, and the double whammy of no data roaming and trying to adjust for jet lag has meant I haven't had a lot of time to check this. I'll try to be better about it.))

>Daiyousei nods, and retreats into the bushes, watching you.
>Approaching the tree, you can hear the fairies talking. They appear to be in some kind of heated argument, so they're probably not going to be paying too much attention to your approach.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2015, 08:29:46 PM »
>"It's not gonna work Daiyousei. They're fighting over something."
>Evasivedrop Eavesdrop

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2015, 09:00:10 PM »
>"It's not gonna work Daiyousei. They're fighting over something."
>Evasivedrop Eavesdrop

>You DROP EVASIVELY in on the conversation. You aren't quite sure if what you're doing is a viable thing, but you sure are doing it. This is generally how things go for you.
> " - does she even know we live here? I thought the whole point was people wouldn't find us here." A pause, then a sullen "Not like it stopped Reimu..."
> "Iunno, maybe you were making too much noise? You're so louuud, Star."
> "But Luna's got us covered with that, right?"
> There's a very, very long pause.
> "Right?"
> Abruptly, all sound from the tree cuts off. You have a sneaking suspicion you know why.

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »
>Clear throat. Take a deep breath.
>Then, with our greatest impersonation of Reimu's voice yet:
>"You won't get away with stuffing wasabi in my rice balls this time! You three, get down here, now!"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 04:30:12 AM by Tapsa »

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2015, 03:41:33 PM »
>Clear throat. Take a deep breath.
>Then, with our greatest impersonation of Reimu's voice yet:
>"You won't get away with stuffing wasabi in my rice balls this time! You three, get down here, now!"

>It's a little reedy, and your voice cracks halfway through, but you manage a decent Reimu impression, and capture her patented 'shit's about to go down' tone quite nicely (mainly because you've heard it used on you too many times for comfort). A moment later the tree seems to wobble as the illusion maintaining its invisibility wavers and dissipates, and the three fairies come scrambling out of the newly-revealed door, stumbling over one another in terror and falling to the ground in an undignified heap.

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2015, 04:28:11 PM »
>Oh god, that's priceless.
>Try to claw our way over to the trio, no matter how much of a thrall we are to our faerie nature of hysterically laughing at tricked suckas.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2015, 06:45:24 AM »
>"Told you we'd find you guys, 'cause I'm the strongest!"
>"Alright Dai-chan it worked, we found them."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:49:57 AM by Miniking »

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:22 AM »
>Oh god, that's priceless.
>Try to claw our way over to the trio, no matter how much of a thrall we are to our faerie nature of hysterically laughing at tricked suckas.

>You can't help yourself. You burst into raucous laughter at the sight of the trio flat on the ground. That went even better than you hoped. At the sound of your laughter Sunny looks up sharply as best she can from her current position.
>"Oh come on," she groans. "Again?" She reaches up and boys the other two on the head. "You stupid heads, it's Cirno! You fell for it!"
>"Yeah, well, you were just as scared," Star sullenly mutters, slightly muffled by Luna's dress.
>"Was not!"
>"Was too!" The two fall into a heated argument, kicking and scratching at one another. Luna is drawn into it as well, if only to protect herself from the two fighting fairies she's squished between.

>"Told you we'd find you guys, 'cause I'm the strongest!"
>"Alright Dai-chan it worked, we found them."

>All three of them, in a surprising display of unity, simultaneously stick out their tongues at you. Then they go back to fighting.
>Daiyousei is paralyzed with laughter as well; so much so, she fell out of the bush she was hiding in. She gives a shaky thumbs up from where she's lying, though.