Author Topic: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale  (Read 61238 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 06:58:44 AM »
>"So you wanna help me find and get the trio to join us? You don't have to help if you don't wanna, I mean I don't want you to get eaten. But I swear if he hurts one of you guys, I'll freeze him good!"
>"I also need to find a way to get past his really fast and long tongue that goes like 'nyeeeh'."

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 07:09:25 AM »
>"So you wanna help me find and get the trio to join us? You don't have to help if you don't wanna, I mean I don't want you to get eaten. But I swear if he hurts one of you guys, I'll freeze him good!"
>"I also need to find a way to get past his really fast and long tongue that goes like 'nyeeeh'."

>Daiyousei trembles a bit at the mention of the fearsome tongue, but after a moment seems to make up her mind.
>"I'll go," she says. "I-I gotta get braver, right? B-besides, you're really strong." She smiles hesitantly. "You can keep me s-safe!"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 07:12:23 AM »
>Hesitate a bit "Y-Yea, he won't even know what hit him. Especially with our powers together. What are we waiting for? Let's go get them."

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 07:21:50 AM »
>Hesitate a bit "Y-Yea, he won't even know what hit him. Especially with our powers together. What are we waiting for? Let's go get them."

>"Y-yeah!" Daiyousei is encouraged by your display of bravado, and flutters into the air. You quickly follow suit.

>Now, the first step in recruiting the Trio of Light to your aid is of course finding them so you can approach them with your proposition. Fortunately, this is not hard, as you tracked down their home easily enough back when they destroyed yours. They've taken up residence in the woods behind the Hakurei Shrine.

>This, unfortunately, means you will naturally on your way to them have to pass one of the most formidable forces of nature ever to exist.

>Reimu Hakurei.

>There are several ways you can approach the foreboding shrine maiden. You'd better think fast, though, because the shrine is drawing closer with each wingbeat you take.

>What's the plan?

>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 07:29:04 AM »
>"Okay Dai-chan, the red-white may be here. We just have to act peaceful and stuff, but not too peaceful or she might think something's up. Maybe we should wave or something if we see her so she doesn't suspect we're doing anything."

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 07:36:45 AM »
>"Okay Dai-chan, the red-white may be here. We just have to act peaceful and stuff, but not too peaceful or she might think something's up. Maybe we should wave or something if we see her so she doesn't suspect we're doing anything."

>"O-okay," Daiyousei squeaks. "Peaceful but n-not too peaceful..." She lapses into deep thought for the remainder of the flight.

>Eventually the two of you touch down in front of the Hakurei Shrine. Reimu is outside, lounging on the front porch with her eyes half-closed and enjoying the cool spring air. She doesn't appear to have noticed you yet.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 07:43:06 AM »
>"Hey Daiyousei, I think we should just ask her to see the fairies. She hasn't attacked us yet, so maybe she's just relaxing. "

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 07:49:58 AM »
>"Hey Daiyousei, I think we should just ask her to see the fairies. She hasn't attacked us yet, so maybe she's just relaxing. "

>Daiyousei has adopted an...odd expression. It seems like she's trying to look both cheerful, relaxed, and apathetic at the same time. She nods when you speak, though this expression does not break. She cautiously raises a hand and waves at Reimu.

>Reimu does not respond. It seems she is so lost in contemplation that simply waving at her will not do the trick.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 07:58:38 AM »
>"Let's just go, she might be asleep."
//Gonna turn in tonight, it's getting late for me.

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »
>"Let's just go, she might be asleep."

>The two of you begin to quietly sneak past her, trying not to disturb her rest. You make it about halfway across the yard when Reimu's eyes snap open.

>"Where do you think you're going, exactly," she says in a tone that hints imminent danger if you do not answer truthfully.

((Good night!))

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 08:24:27 AM »
>Oh crap, a rhetorical question! But we know how to answer those!
>"T-the forest behind the shrine!"
>Nervous sage nod.

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 08:31:24 AM »
>Oh crap, a rhetorical question! But we know how to answer those!
>"T-the forest behind the shrine!"
>Nervous sage nod.

>There is a long, long staredown between the two of you. Out of the corner of your eye, you can see Daiyousei struggling to maintain her expression under the full force of the Reimu Stare. The birds go quiet. Everything slows to a crawl as the universe focuses upon this epic confrontation.

>Then she shrugs, and returns to her contemplative position. "Don't break anything or I'll sic the oni on you," she says, attention already drifting.

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2015, 09:17:43 AM »
>"Yeah, we won't!"
>Give Reimu a thumbs-up and then make our non-confrontative and unsuspicious exit into the woods at the back of the shrine.
>Once we're out of earshot range of the red-white, turn back to Dai and snicker.
>"Ha, she so wussed out there!"

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:58 AM »
>"Yeah, we won't!"
>Give Reimu a thumbs-up and then make our non-confrontative and unsuspicious exit into the woods at the back of the shrine.
>Once we're out of earshot range of the red-white, turn back to Dai and snicker.
>"Ha, she so wussed out there!"

>"I-if you say so..." Daiyousei says, looking back nervously over her shoulder to make sure Reimu isn't sneaking up behind the two of you with murderous intent even now. "L-let's just hurry up and find the three of them."

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »
-snip double post-
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:12:51 AM by Tapsa »

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 10:11:21 AM »
>Nod. "Yeah, I got no time to fight that dumb miko. Let's go!"
>Onward to the hideout of the Magnificent Three!

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »
((Hey, is anyone else getting these odd 'Database Errors'? It's making it near impossible to post things.))

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2015, 10:28:58 AM »
>Nod. "Yeah, I got no time to fight that dumb miko. Let's go!"
>Onward to the hideout of the Magnificent Three!

((Not sure if this went through or not, so I'm trying again.))

>The two of you make your way through the forest behind the shrine. It's pretty nice today; the morning sunlight shines through the gaps in the foliage, creating dappled patterns on the forest floor that Daiyousei oohs at as you walk.

>Eventually, you come to the clearing you're pretty sure the fairies' house is in. You're only pretty sure because though the three made their house in a tree like Daiyousei, they hid it so that it looks like just another tree. Problem is, you can't remember which tree it was. They all look the same!

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
((All right, I've switched back to computer and the errors are gone. Looks like it's only affecting phones. Weird.))

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »
((It appears I spoke too soon. Possibly. It's being rather finicky.))

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 11:06:43 AM »
((...yeah, I'm just going to give up for the night/morning. Back on in a few hours.))

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »
I won't give up even if the forum is falling apart!

>Uhhh... Wasn't it a huge tree? Look for a tree in the clearing that clearly dwarfs the rest.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »
>"So which tree do you think they're in Daiyousei?"

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:20 PM »
I won't give up even if the forum is falling apart!

>Uhhh... Wasn't it a huge tree? Look for a tree in the clearing that clearly dwarfs the rest.

>Looking around, most of the trees are about the same size. You think you might see one tree that's a bit bigger than the rest, though, off to the side of the clearing....

>"So which tree do you think they're in Daiyousei?"

>Daiyousei shrugs. "I've never been here b-before."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 08:16:24 PM »
>"I choose, this one!" Head for the tree.

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 08:21:03 PM »
>"I choose, this one!" Head for the tree.

>Feeling confident in your choice, you head towards the biggest tree in the clearing and begin imperiously rapping on its rough bark. The key to any good negotiation is, of course, a strong first impression.

>You hear muffled giggling from the other side of the clearing.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2015, 09:16:39 PM »
>Okay then, head towards the smallest tree in the clearing...

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2015, 09:20:27 PM »
>Okay then, head towards the smallest tree in the clearing...

>Determined not to be defeated, you make your way to the smallest tree in the clearing and start knocking on that instead. The giggling only increases in volume.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 09:34:47 PM »
>Okay Dai-chan I got an idea. You look for whoever's laughing, and I'll keep them distracted like this. You're the best at hide and seek so this should be easy.
>Run across the clearing to a random tree. "I won't lose!"

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »
>Okay Dai-chan I got an idea. You look for whoever's laughing, and I'll keep them distracted like this. You're the best at hide and seek so this should be easy.
>Run across the clearing to a random tree. "I won't lose!"

((I'm assuming you wanted that first bit in quotes?))

>Daiyousei nods, and starts looking intently around the clearing, trying to pinpoint the source of the sound.
>At this point, whoever these jokers are aren't even trying to hide their laughter any more as you rush about knocking on trees and angrily shouting. It's starting to sound awfully familiar, too...