Author Topic: Art for Good Fangames. [Open]  (Read 8863 times)

Art for Good Fangames. [Open]
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:37:21 AM »
I don't know how to make Fangames really, but I AM good at drawing. and If I can help someone with their fangames, then I guess that's something.

I can do Zun Style and Non Zun Style Sprites, for example my OC Iikura that I tried in ZUN style
http://zianu.deviantart.com/art/Zun-Art-Iikura-542141039

And this is my non touhou style
http://zianu.deviantart.com/art/New-Reference-544656113

For guidelines of my art
-I will not draw a whole game of Official Touhou Characters
-Only Games with 6 stages or less stages, and I will also make art if you have a phantasm/extra stage.
-I cant finish it immediately you have to be patient
-One person at a time, and only when Open

And please show me your progress of the game first,
I don't want you to describe what the character looks like without a visual reference, I wont accept those, I don't care how good or bad you can draw just try to draw something, I can do anything from there.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Re: Art for Good Fangames. [Open]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:17:58 AM »
Wow neat art.
Question: Are these for free or do you require some form of payment?

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »
Wow neat art.
Question: Are these for free or do you require some form of payment?

They are free, but I dont want them for bad fangames, I need quality games. I also might only do this for a few people, maybe even one. Considering howmuch time it takes.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 10:33:21 AM »
They are free, but I dont want them for bad fangames, I need quality games. I also might only do this for a few people, maybe even one. Considering howmuch time it takes.

Darn, I wish I could take you up on this offer, but unfortunately I only have 2 characters down as sprites and nothing else... ehehe... Ohh well. that's what I get for being a procrastinator.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 03:03:12 AM »
After I finish my RaNGE 14 entry, I will work on Exorcism of Infinite Blossoms. Unlike its 10-stage predecessor, this one fortunately has only 6 plus extra/phantasm.

Thank you in advance.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 07:09:56 AM »
Oh wow! That's REALLY good art, especially the ZUN style!  I like to draw, myself, and I've never been very good at mimicking ZUN's art style. Would you mind giving some advice?

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 07:43:27 AM »
Lots of the time ZUNs art might look really bad, but he still has a very sprite kind of looking way of drawing his characters, his characters looks frozen in time almost. Usually limited in emotion. But the thing is you have to put in lots of effort to mimmick his style as it isnt really normal.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 06:11:06 AM »
Well, in fact, I prefer the ZUNart to your own style.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 11:22:50 PM »
/thank you that made my day, very nice of you/
But did you mean the ZUN art I drew, or ZUN's official art.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:30:44 PM by AmbientStorm »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 06:50:09 PM »
/thank you that made my day, very nice of you/
But did you mean the ZUN art I drew, or ZUN's official art.

Your art in his style.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »
If you're still up for my game, and if you don't mind that it's actually an original instead of a fangame, I'd like to give you information that you'd need to complete this work.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: If yes, then I'd like you to draw right-facing portraits of the players and a left-facing portrait of the Stage 1 boss so I can have images for testing. Reference images from NTP accompany the players, but watch out for special notes.

Elssecisso Rencron / Akiyari Reiri (明槍 怜悧)

Esel Rygen / Hiroe Nikou (広江 二虹)

Note: This character wears a different outfit in EIB (sky-blue robe + straw hat)

Vija / Hasuike (蓮池)

Note: This character uses a jet pack to fly in this game, and this is not the character's real name.

Ceri (けり)

I picked it because it sounded nice; it just happened to be a word for a species of birds, and at the same time, mean "kick".

Has red hair and wears a brown robe with horizontal zigzag stripes of various colors.

Edit 2: Note that I am using an 800x600 resolution for the game. Adjust your image size accordingly.

Edit 3:
Spoiler:
pettanpettantsurupettan

Edit 4: Since you want my progress so far, you can check the source code here.

Edit 5: I just realized that you wanted a visual reference, so here's one for Rygen (left) and Ceri (right). (I can, of course, draw much better than this if I do this on paper, scan the drawing, and use the line tool to trace over it, but I was kind of in a hurry.)

Edit 6: These are only the playable characters and the first boss. More info will come soon.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:50:58 PM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 05:33:13 AM »
Can you show me the progress on the game before I can decide if I should do this or not. And also do you want this in my style or ZUN style. (they will still have a sprite look to them dont worry)

Edit: Sorry I just realized you linked me the progress! Nevermind that sorry.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:40:36 AM by Helepolis »

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »
Okay, just make sure to set the resolution to 800x600 in th_dnh.def.

Edit: ZUN style
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 12:02:45 AM »
I am unable to do anything with the progress you sent me, how do I look at the stuff?

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 01:13:47 AM »
I am unable to do anything with the progress you sent me, how do I look at the stuff?

Download the source code (either using the website or using git) and put in the script/ directory of a Danmakufu ph3 .1pre6a installation with th_dnh.def to run at 800x600.

Edit: and run the Python script in the language/ directory
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:19:15 PM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 01:20:10 AM »
Can you finish the other characters colored please. Just a dab of color on each different part of clothing is good enough.
Also, are these all girls or are any of them men.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 03:33:41 AM »
Can you finish the other characters colored please. Just a dab of color on each different part of clothing is good enough.
Also, are these all girls or are any of them men.
There are at least zero and at most ten males. There are at least zero and at most ten females. One character is a machine.

Edit: when Ambient asks, Fluffy delivers!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:40:09 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »
Some of them have almost no design, can I change the way the clothes is subtly

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 01:38:16 AM »
Some of them have almost no design, can I change the way the clothes is subtly

Yes.

Just don't get too excited (read
Spoiler:
lewd
).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:23:13 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 04:21:02 PM »
Hello AmbientStorm , Is it possible if can I request a single character for a drawing? Since most of the characters in my fangame are from touhou I have their portrait , the one i would like to ask for is the Phantasm Boss which is My OC.
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »
Reference please

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
Ah yes, here's the drawing reference, uh...if your wondering why there are two, Here's the thing. the one on the left shows the real weapon he should be holding , the one on the right holds the wrong weapon (the Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles), but the one on the left doesnt have the best details to show, but the one on the right does. I hope that wasnt confusing, but basically the one on the right is correct details just wrong weapon, Also I can't do feet so the shoes have little to no details to show
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 08:34:30 AM by Lunarethic »
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 01:22:54 AM »
Just curious about your progress since I haven't heard in a while.

How much have you done so far?

(And you don't happen to do sprites too, do you?)
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 02:37:37 AM »

Here is a view on the first one.

My program is unable to save with transparency.

So when i'm finished all of them, I will send you the .Sai file (idk if that will help)

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 02:54:50 AM »
Is it possible to export to another format from SAI? I know that it can export to .psd, but unfortunately I don't have Photoshop either.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »
Is it possible to export to another format from SAI? I know that it can export to .psd, but unfortunately I don't have Photoshop either.

SAI should be capable of exporting to all standard image formats, such as png, jpg, etc. Png is best for NoTP

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »
Which one is the Boss? It will look better if I know (I have started drawing them now, because I just improved a lot on my ZUN art)

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »
Which one is the Boss? It will look better if I know (I have started drawing them now, because I just improved a lot on my ZUN art)

It is Ceri.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)