Author Topic: Miscelleneous Touhou thoughts and commentary.  (Read 106274 times)

Drake

Re: Miscelleneous Touhou thoughts and commentary.
« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2017, 03:01:20 PM »
Harukawa in particular is fond of making the ribbon express as thought they were ears. You aren't really imagining it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2017, 06:07:30 AM »
I'm guessing the Lunarians only care about manned lunar landings.  The US isn't the only one to land something on the moon, just the only one to land someone there.  The Soviets did it several times, mostly in the 50's and 70's.

The Chinese successfully soft-landed an unmanned lander (with a rover) a little over 3 years ago, with the next one currently in lunar orbit and due to make landfall this year.

And they're named Chang'e.

Drake

« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2017, 11:09:18 AM »
Eirin talks about the Chang'e program in SSiB 2, which was released a few months before Chang'e 1 was launched. She carries the superstition that the Apollo missions "failed" because they were named after a god of the sun, but a space program named after Chang'e is much more intimidating. That being said, that's the last of what was mentioned about it; it was just something topical at the time.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2017, 07:00:27 AM »
Now that I think about it, Yukari's been showing up a bit more as a side character lately (as opposed to more or less disappearing between UFO and DDC).
Spoiler:
Being involved in various WaHH shenanigans, getting involved with Kosuzu, being in a LoLK ending.
I wonder if she'll make another major in game appearance sometime soon.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:14:29 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Nim

« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2017, 02:58:43 AM »
I do wonder...what if all of the Touhou games to this day were to be like the first game?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2017, 05:39:15 PM »
I do wonder...what if all of the Touhou games to this day were to be like the first game?

Then we would have successive versions of Jailbreak Gensokyo year after year.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2017, 12:59:39 AM »
I remember stumbling upon a Danmakufu script on Youtube that is basically Embodiment of Scarlet Devil with the gameplay mechanics of Highly Responsive to Prayers...
Don't have the link, though.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2017, 03:47:46 PM »
I remember stumbling upon a Danmakufu script on Youtube that is basically Embodiment of Scarlet Devil with the gameplay mechanics of Highly Responsive to Prayers...
Don't have the link, though.
This video. There is a download link to the script in the descirption.

« Reply #338 on: April 15, 2017, 10:26:07 PM »
Oh maaaan I remember LoLK was announced around the second half of April.  I'm so excited we may be getting a new announcement in the new few days!!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
Oh maaaan I remember LoLK was announced around the second half of April.  I'm so excited we may be getting a new announcement in the new few days!!
That doesn't mean that AoCF or TH16 is going to be announced in April, either. ISC's announcement was some time in early April, and we probably won't see any announcement until May/Reitaisai for 15.5 and 16.

So don't count on an announcement now.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »
So randomish theories and ideas
Contents of dreams determine flavor. 
Doremy can edit the dreams to make them taste better.
--

The Geometry and contents of Dreamworld actually changes with the collective subconscious of those interacting with it.

Thus Whenever an Outsider is in Gensokyo It creates minor ripples but once they leave their influence fades.  But when something like Sanae and the Moriya entered Gensokyo (and tied to Sumireko's method of entry) creates more ripples so the amount of objects that Doremy can encounter has increased. 
This also creates a bit of a residue on other dreams.  There may be representations of things that only could exist in the modern world of the Outside.  Interestingly enough Marisa's one who shows such contamination and it may still be lingering after her encounter with the wandering dream soul (ref WaHH29) which shifted her dream out, Of course this means Reimu's dreamspace is contaminated by whatever Marisa's dream was at the time.   
Doremy herself even mentions the fact of "seeing dreams about school legends"  are something Marisa seems to still dream of and with Sumireko's dream that Marisa was dragged into may indicate the stronger ties

If anything it seems that Sumireko's entry by actively disrupting the realm of dreams by busting out her dreamspace is causing a rather unfortunate set of events in dreamworld. 

Oddly enough there is comparisons to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and
Spoiler:
The attempts of the C-Consciousness to manipulate the noosphere which created the Zone
While the parallel events seemed to have been (mostly) contained in Touhou, in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it became manifest and those who have played it saw what happened in that game.   It seems that really while LoLK's endgame was not 'resolving' the incident it may have resulted in a greater disaster than those who were involved in could think of.

No clue if this fully makes sense but it seems to make some sense to me.  But it might be my mind connecting random things incorrectly.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:21:26 PM by Zelinko »
This Space For Rent