Author Topic: Should posts in RPG count towards post count?  (Read 3685 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Should posts in RPG count towards post count?
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:25:20 AM »
Right now, a majority of active old users have their posts in MSG.

Granted, I haven't been around enough to actually participate a bunch of games that have been sent there, but I feel that the post count gets really bloated when at least a quarter are in those subforums alone.

Stats-wise, A quarter of my posts are in RPG, and TARC, HME, TSC, and MSG are the top 4 afterwards.

Compare to the idlebot Dormio, who has about two-thirds of his/her posts in MSG and RPG alone.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Should posts in RPG count towards post count?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 06:18:38 PM »
Post counts don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, especially when it's not even displayed normally on the sidebar.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
I think the problem here is caring about post count unironically; not which posts "count" as real posts that deserve counting.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »
Post counts don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, especially when it's not even displayed normally on the sidebar.
Seriously.
Why even bother when no one really cares about the post counter.
It's not displayed on the profile page either, and on the stat page you can actually see how many posts lie in each board, and do the counting if needed.

Total Posts:
    18,000 posts
Why am I that lucky on round numbers? :/

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 01:45:59 AM »
If people actually start to care about post counts outside of silly jokes, we'll just disable them.  Same with other useless metrics.