Author Topic: Wrong operating system at profile name side?  (Read 11609 times)

Wrong operating system at profile name side?
« on: May 16, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »
Hello.

I have noticed that at the side of my posts there are icons for my detected web browser and operating system.
It is true that I'm using Firefox. However, it states that my operating system is Windows Vista, when in actual fact I am running Windows 8.1.

I would like to know why this is the case. I did used to own a Vista until December 2013 but I never made my account on this site with it.  ???

Thanks.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Wrong operating system at profile name side?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 04:46:13 AM »
I have a similar issue, using Linux Mint but it showing up as Ubuntu.

However, 1) LM does use Ubuntu and LM repositories, and 2) I think like five people total on MotK use LM.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
Me on Win8.1:
Code: [Select]
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Apparently, TSO still haven't added "NT 6.3" to OS table, which causes SMF to interpret it as "NT 6.0", which is indeed Vista.
Dem user-agent strings.

(enables OS/Browser fields)
wait what

Firefox 40.0
Wait WHAT?
Okay, I have an idea. Leahcar, go there and post your similar-looking line here.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:52:21 AM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:26 AM »
The developer edition of FF is in version 40 already.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 12:47:33 PM »
I figured that much. I suspect FF40 for some reason sends an incorrect user-agent header.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »
More or less the same here. On my laptop, Windows 10 shows up as Windows 10 NT.

But I guess that's what it's supposed to be.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 02:16:30 AM »
My droid phone actually shows up as Linux, which is confusing.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
I can only go off what the browser tells me in the User Agent string :S. In the case of Android phones Chrome and stuff will report themselves as Linux (or in some cases, a flavor of iPad), and for 8.1 showing up as Vista that's Firefox being dumb. I do filter NT 6.3 as Win8.1 if you look at my post :v.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 09:24:46 PM »
It still doesn't properly record iOS Chrome-- as I reported over a year ago, complete with the differences in the string from regular Chrome/Safari. If string limitations are the issue, then that should've been already fixed.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 12:45:42 AM »
OK can you just wedge the attached image into where that Ubuntu icon is, just for me and only me? :colbert:

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 07:12:02 AM »
It still doesn't properly record iOS Chrome-- as I reported over a year ago, complete with the differences in the string from regular Chrome/Safari. If string limitations are the issue, then that should've been already fixed.
I forgot :S no need to be rude about it :\

OK can you just wedge the attached image into where that Ubuntu icon is, just for me and only me? :colbert:
:v

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 08:00:42 AM »
There, iPhone/iPads and Android now detected properly.

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 06:10:01 PM »
I am using Debian GNU/Linux 8, although it does not appear to show the related icon. Still detects the Linux kernel from the browser string:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 Iceweasel/38.2.1

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 06:30:55 PM »
Checking if it appears now.