Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest  (Read 69616 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Wind Priestess Quest
« on: May 11, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
Since nobody seems to participate in Immortal Quest much anymore, I'm deciding to run a second game at the same time. Please note that Immortal Quest is not dead and anyone is welcome to drop by and participate in it.

WIND PRIESTESS QUEST:

>You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess of the Moriya Shrine.

>Several years ago, you moved to Gensokyo with your shrine's goddesses, Kanako Yasaka and Suwako Moriya, due to a dwindling supply of faith in the outside world. Shortly after the move, you met your rival, Reimu Hakurei, who fought against your shrine as it attempted to monopolize all of Gensokyo's faith for itself. After the incident, tensions between the Hakurei and Moriya shrines had been somewhat alleviated.

>Some time later, your goddesses decided it would be a good idea to start some kind of industrial revolution, and promptly gave the power of a yatagarasu to a Hell Raven from the Gensokyo Underground named Utsuho Reiuji. The resulting incident led to a rapid cascade of other incidents that resulted in even more religious tension in Gensokyo, as well as a large amount of blame directed at your shrine. On the bright side, however, your shrine gained joint control of a new fusion reactor with the Underground, and became one of the few places in Gensokyo with electricity.

>After all the incident chaos, things have finally started to settle down. Conflicts between the religious groups have died down for the most part, and nothing interesting ever seems to happen much anymore...

>Until recently.

>The temperature in Gensokyo has been steadily falling over the course of the last week. This would be completely normal, if it wasn't the middle of summer! The temperature also seems to be getting exponentially colder with each passing day, today it feels like the middle of winter outside. You're currently jealous of Reimu, Marisa, and some of your other friends and acquaintances, because they are certainly out there trying to get to the bottom of this, while you're stuck here, doing your duties...

>Right now you are standing at the entrance of your shrine. Usually this would be the time that you go out and sweep the shrine path, but a raging blizzard is preventing you from doing so.

>What will you do?
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Wind Priestess Quest
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »
>Check inventory* Preferably for a list of duties given to us* and status.
>Examine surroundings.

Ps

• Hiding from LoLK spoilers
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 01:57:37 AM »
>What are Suwako and Kanako up to?
>Gaze off into the stormy distance. Place hand over one eye. "The wind is restless today."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »
>Who are are friends, our bros, and our bros with benefits?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 03:38:25 AM »
>Check inventory* Preferably for a list of duties given to us* and status.
>INVENTORY:
  >Moriya Shrine Maiden's Outfit (equipped)
  >>Your signature outfit.
  >>Comes equipped with two hammerspace sleeves, courtesy of your shrine's goddesses.

>Gohei (equipped)
  >>Your primary weapon. You can use it to fire danmaku and club people over the head.
  >>You can also channel faith into it to "charge" its power, or to help you perform large miracles.

>Snake Accessory (equipped)
  >>A gift from Kanako, it's a snake-shaped hair accessory that wraps around your hair on one side.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Frog Hair Clip (equipped)
  >>A gift from Suwako, it's a hairclip shaped like a frog's head.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Shoes (equipped)
  >>An article of clothing usually worn on the feet.

>?2400
  >>Cash on hand.

>SPELLCARDS:
     >Esoterica "Gray Thaumaturgy"
     >>Fires a couple large star shaped patterns that quickly dissipate into a shower of bullets

>Wonder "Daytime Guest Stars"
     >>Danmaku radiates in all directions while you fire light and shrapnel.

>Sea Opening "Moses's Miracle"
     >>A canal of lasers traps the opponent(s) while you send spreads of blade-shaped danmaku at them.

>Preparation "Star Ritual to Call the Godly Winds"
     >>Fires stars of danmaku that constantly split into walls of projectiles.

>Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind"
     >>Creates a localized typhoon of pure danmaku, this is your strongest spell card. This will leave you exhausted if you use it.

>You wouldn't have a list of duties on you. Your duties consist of your daily chores and whatever your goddesses tell you to do. Usually one or both of them will approach you in person with the agenda.

>Even though the inside of your shrine is heated, you still feel quite cold. The wind blowing in from outside, and the fact that you are standing in the entrance, isn't helping much either.

>Examine surroundings.
>Outside the shrine the blizzard rages on, it's hard to see anything past about 5 meters. At about 7-10 meters out your visibility is whited out completely by the storm.
>Inside the shrine, the lights are on, and you see Suwako pacing back and forth near the kotatsu in the back of the main room.

>What are Suwako and Kanako up to?
>Suwako is currently pacing back and forth towards the back of the main room by the kotatsu.
>You have no idea where Kanako is right now. Come to think of it, you've actually been seeing Kanako less and less over the course of the week.

>Gaze off into the stormy distance. Place hand over one eye. "The wind is restless today."
>You do so.
>Nobody seems to hear you.

>Who are are friends, our bros, and our bros with benefits?
>FRIENDS:
  >Kanako Yasaka
  >>Your shrine's main goddess. You are her devoted Wind Priestess/Shrine Maiden.

>Suwako Moriya
  >>The other goddess of your shrine. You are actually her distant descendant. Meaning she's technically family.

>Reimu Hakurei
  >>Shrine Maiden of the Hakurei Shrine. She's a fellow incident resolver. She's also your rival and "friend".

>Marisa Kirisame
  >>A Magician that's friends with Reimu. She is another incident resolver. You befriended her shortly after the whole Faith incident caused when your shrine moved here.

>Sakuya Izayoi
  >>Head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. The two of you met during and incident and befriended one another.

>ACQUAINTANCES:
  >Youmu Konpaku
  >>A half-phantom that also plays a role in resolving incidents. You've met a few times, but never really became friends.

>Aya Shameimaru
  >>A crow tengu that frequents your shrine, both to deliver the newspaper and conduct interviews. You find her a bit annoying at times.

>Nitori Kawashiro
  >>A kappa that lives near the bottom of the mountain. She's one of the top kappa engineers working under your goddesses. She visits your shrine on occasion.

>Utsuho Reiuji
  >>A hell raven from the Underground. She monitors the reactor that your shrine has partial control over.

>Rin Kaenbyou
  >>A kasha from the Underground. She is occasionally sent up to the shrine as a liaison between your goddesses and her mistress in the underground, who you have not had the pleasure of meeting.

>ENEMIES:
  >Kogasa Tatara
  >>A karakasa, and by far the most annoying person you've ever met. Almost every day she tries to "surprise" you in some way. She has not been successful yet, and she refuses to learn to give up, even after you drive her away with a Spellcard or two.

>_
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:21:17 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 04:24:53 AM »
>Assess Quests
>Check Faith
>Call Kanako with the Snake Accessary
>Enter our Shrine and sit at the kotatsu, removing our shoes in the process. "Lady Suwako, is something troubling you? You seem pretty worried, please sit and take it easy."
>Examine that Suwako

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 04:46:10 AM »
>Assess Quests
>Your Quest Log is currently empty.

>Check Faith
>You have enough Faith to perform one moderate miracle today, or up to five small ones. This is your usual daily allotment, which is given to you after the goddesses take their share.

>Call Kanako with the Snake Accessary
>Kanako? Kanako!? KANAAAAAAAAKKKKOOOOO!!

>Enter our Shrine and sit at the kotatsu, removing our shoes in the process. "Lady Suwako, is something troubling you? You seem pretty worried, please sit and take it easy."
>You mosey on over to the kotatsu, unequip your shoes, and speak to the frog goddess.
>"Oh, it's nothing, really..." she replies as she sits across from you, "It's just... I've noticed that Kanako has been acting a bit... odd... all week. You know, with her frequent departures and all..."

>Examine that Suwako
>Suwako looks as she always looks: A young, blonde woman in a purplish-blue and white outfit adorned in a wide, light-brown hat that sports two eyes on the top. The eyes on the hat seem to be studying you at the moment. Sometimes you think that thing has a mind of its own...

>_

Ps

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 04:51:29 AM »
>Ask hat for its take on the situation
>Are we aware of anyone with weather-related abilities, specifically icy weather?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 04:59:28 AM »
>Ask hat for its take on the situation
>"ONLY I MAY ASK THE ALMIGHTY HAT A QUESTION!" Suwako yells.

>Are we aware of anyone with weather-related abilities, specifically icy weather?
>There's always a certain ice fairy that's notorious throughout Gensokyo. Her name is Cirno.
>There's also a celestial you read about in the Bunbunmaru a few years back that had the ability to manipulate the weather. You think her name was Tenshi or something...
>_

Ps

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 05:06:12 AM »
>How long have we been stuck inside?
>How are our supplies?
>Does Suwako eat, or does she live on faith alone?
>Does our wardrobe contain winter attire?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 05:20:18 AM »
>How long have we been stuck inside?
>The blizzard has been going on since before sunrise.

>How are our supplies?
>The shrine is good on supplies for now.

>Does Suwako eat, or does she live on faith alone?
>Suwako does, in fact, eat. Deities such as her can suffer the painful effects of starvation, just like humans and youkai. The only difference is that they won't die from it, since only an absence of faith, or another deity, can kill a god.

>Does our wardrobe contain winter attire?
>You're pretty sure you have a coat buried somewhere in your wardrobe.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 05:36:13 AM »
>"THEN ASK YOUR HAT TO STOP EYEING ME! AND STOP YELLING INSIDE"
>"Perhaps she could be investigating this incident more thoroughly. Speaking of which, do you have any possible ideas on what or who may have been causing this?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 05:48:03 AM »
>"THEN ASK YOUR HAT TO STOP EYEING ME! AND STOP YELLING INSIDE"
>"FINE! MAYBE I WILL!"

>"Perhaps she could be investigating this incident more thoroughly. Speaking of which, do you have any possible ideas on what or who may have been causing this?"
>"Hmm... Maybe you're right. Perhaps I'm worrying myself over nothing..." Suwako replies, "As for whoever may be causing this, I have no idea..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 06:02:46 AM »
>"The cold seems to be getting worse, so don't you suppose we should try to stop it before things get seriously bad? I don't want to let all the others solve all the incidents ether, we'll get no Faith."
>Look around

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
>"The cold seems to be getting worse, so don't you suppose we should try to stop it before things get seriously bad? I don't want to let all the others solve all the incidents ether, we'll get no Faith."
>"Yes, I think we should at least try to lend a hand in getting to the bottom of this," she began before glancing at the storm raging outside, "But I don't think we'll be able to do anything until this storm clears up..."

>Look around
>You look around the room.
>You are in the shrine's main room, along the walls are a few doors leading to the other rooms of the shrine. The doors on the back wall lead to the worship room, where people come to pray to a statue of Kanako. The door on the left wall of the room leads to the kitchen and tea room. The door on the right wall leads to a living room. There is a also a small closet a few meters from the door.
>Apart from the kotatsu, there is really nothing else of note in this room.
>_

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
>Do we know of the whereabouts of Kanako?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 04:47:59 PM »
>Go to your quarters and check the wardrobe

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 08:42:18 PM »
>"I for one have been tired of waiting and am going to see if there's anything I could get to lessen the cold."
>Do the wardrobe thingy Hope mentioned.
>Ponder if we could stop or lessen the windy blizzard with our wind priestess-ness and for how long.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 09:22:49 PM »
>Do we know of the whereabouts of Kanako?
>You do not.

>"I for one have been tired of waiting and am going to see if there's anything I could get to lessen the cold."
>"Alright then." Suwako replies.

>Do the wardrobe thingy Hope mentioned.
>Go to your quarters and check the wardrobe
>You leave the kotatsu and cut through the living room to reach you quarters. Once inside, you walk over to a tall wardrobe located on the wall and open it.
>Inside, you see a shelf near the top of the wardrobe. Your clothes, which consist of several spare shrine maiden outfits, as well as some casual clothes from the outside world are hanging beneath it. There is also a winter coat hanging among them. On top of the shelf is a scarf and a couple pairs of gloves.
>At the bottom of the wardrobe are several pairs of shoes, neatly organized and sitting next to each other. You spot a pair of winter boots among them. Behind the shoes are several pairs of neatly folded socks.

>Ponder if we could stop or lessen the windy blizzard with our wind priestess-ness and for how long.
>Making changes to the weather, especially something like stopping the blizzard completely and making the sun come out, is no small miracle, and would require a lot of Faith.
>The most you could do right now with your current level of Faith would be to create a temporary gust that would clear away the snowfall in a small area for about a minute, which wouldn't be of much use.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »
>Ask Suwako for ideas on a way to get through the storm. I wanna check in with Reimu, see what she thinks of it.
>Fly around outaide and use Suwako's hat as a windshield

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 09:59:03 PM »
>Show Suwako the winter getup: "Think this will be enough?"
>Proceed to pull Kanako out of sleeves and sit her at the kotatsu
>Take off our inhibitor frog and snake accessories and show suwako how to really solve an incident
>"You look comfortable, would you like some tea before I go?"

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »
>Happily accept Suwako brand Magic Loli Tea

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 10:12:10 PM »
>Show Suwako the winter getup: "Think this will be enough?"
>You grab the winter attire, head back to Suwako, and ask your question.
>"Yes, I think that will do," the goddess answers, "be careful out there."

>"You look comfortable, would you like some tea before I go?"
>"Oh, no thank you. I'm fine."

>Ask Suwako for ideas on a way to get through the storm.
>"My advice would be to exercise caution while flying. You don't want to collide with anyone head on... And don't fly too high, the wind is stronger at higher altitudes, especially during a storm like this."

>Proceed to pull Kanako out of sleeves and sit her at the kotatsu
>"So that's where you've been disappearing to..."

>Take off our inhibitor frog and snake accessories and show suwako how to really solve an incident
>MAXIMUM POWER!!

>Fly around outaide and use Suwako's hat as a windshield
>Suwako angrily chases after you while Yakety Sax inexplicably plays in the background.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »
>Equip Winter Outfit
>"I'll be okay, it's just a blizzard. And when I'm done, we'll play some games together as a family~ FLAGS RAISED: 1
>Ponder locations we know of and if we know how to get to them.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 10:51:30 PM »
>Seeing if the incident resolvers have any information is still a good idea. Maybe Keine might even know something. The village is closer than the shrine, and it's familiar territory. I can take a rest there if I need to.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 01:21:56 AM »
>Fly down the mountain, and stay close to the slope. Don't want to get blown away.
>Become a reverse Icarus: Fly very high  in the air and freeze to death
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 02:50:39 AM »
>Equip Winter Outfit
>You put on your winter gear over your Shrine Maiden Outfit.
>Equipped: Winter Coat, Scarf, Winter Boots, and Winter Gloves.

>"I'll be okay, it's just a blizzard. And when I'm done, we'll play some games together as a family~ FLAGS RAISED: 1
>"What kind of games?"

>Ponder locations we know of and if we know how to get to them.
>The closest location to your shrine is the Genbu Marsh, which is located near the foot of the mountain. You know that the Tengu Village is located somewhere between your shrine and the marsh, but you've never learned its exact location.
>There is also an elevator shaft that connects your shrine and the Genbu Marsh to the Underground. The entrance to the elevator is located in a structure behind your shrine.
>In the area around Youkai Mountain is the Garden of the Sun, and a forest that borders the Misty Lake on its far edge, the Scarlet Devil Mansion is located on a ridge on the northern shore of the lake.
>A couple miles south of the Garden of the Sun is the Human Village, east of that is the Forest of Magic. Farther east, towards the edge of Gensokyo, is the Hakurei Shrine.

>Seeing if the incident resolvers have any information is still a good idea. Maybe Keine might even know something. The village is closer than the shrine, and it's familiar territory. I can take a rest there if I need to.
>QUEST ADDED:
  >The Snowball Gensokyo Incident.
  >>The temperature in Gensokyo has been rapidly falling all week. It's time to investigate and resolve this incident. Perhaps one of your friends or acquaintances might have some information to get you started.

>Fly down the mountain, and stay close to the slope. Don't want to get blown away.
>You depart from the shrine and are immediately met with a blast of frigid air. You brace yourself against the howling wind and take to the sky.
>You begin to fly away from the shrine, keeping low to avoid being blown off course.
>As you begin to descend the mountain, despite the poor visibility, you manage to catch a glimpse of what appears to be a rather peculiar lump in the snow near your shrine's torii.

>Become a reverse Icarus: Fly very high in the air and freeze to death
>GAME OVER
>Press "R" to try again!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:52:29 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Ps

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 03:13:15 AM »
>Investigate the lump. Be careful.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 03:27:48 AM »
>Ask Utsuho to create a nuclear sun to get rid of this blizzard. What could possibly go wrong?
>Make a snowman/woman

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 03:49:54 AM »
>Investigate the lump. Be careful.
>You land near the lump and cautiously approach. Now that you're closer to it, you see what appears to be a wooden handle of some kind protruding from the back of it. Something appears to be buried here.

>Ask Utsuho to create a nuclear sun to get rid of this blizzard. What could possibly go wrong?
>Utsuho is nowhere near you.

>Make a snowman/woman
>The conditions aren't right for building snowpeople. The blizzard would just blow whatever you make away. The snow isn't wet enough to build a stable snowman anyway.
>_