Author Topic: Real world historical figures you would like to see as 2hus  (Read 17022 times)

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
Re: Real world historical figures you would like to see as 2hus
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 11:37:45 AM »
(Not serious but whatever)

Hang Tuah and the Hang Brothers.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 06:11:43 PM »
Where is the love for Admiral Zheng He!?
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

Der_Bright_Poster

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 10:50:48 PM »
I would like to see Stalin as 2chu character. His attacks would include launching hammers and sickles at the PC, along with throwing brainwashed fairies at the as a danmaku wave attack.

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2015, 05:22:45 AM »
After watching the Idea Channel's video Are There Two Nikola Teslas?, the idea of Tesla in Gensokyo doesn't actually sound so far-fetched. (The "fictionalized" Tesla, rather than the "real" one, would be the one in Gensokyo.)

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 09:20:23 AM »
After watching the Idea Channel's video Are There Two Nikola Teslas?, the idea of Tesla in Gensokyo doesn't actually sound so far-fetched. (The "fictionalized" Tesla, rather than the "real" one, would be the one in Gensokyo.)

Speaking of Tesla...

Ryuunotaki

• Rollin' fluffball.
  • Am I sane, or insane? That is the question.
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 07:14:13 AM »
Hmmm... I'd like to see Datu Lapu-Lapu (the one who killed Magellan) just for the curiosity. He's going to be very different-- brown skin and all. And he was also quite warlike and skilled, having managed to beat the Spaniards with their metal armour with iron swords and wooden spears. It would also be interesting to have someone from a seafaring race in Gensokyo.

Him, or Chinggis Qahan (Genghis Khaan). Chinggis has this charisma and complex mentality. Also, a horseman!

Or perhaps Idi Amin Dada. For obvious reasons.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »
Him, or Chinggis Qahan (Genghis Khaan). Chinggis has this charisma and complex mentality. Also, a horseman!
The mention of Chinggis' family reminded me of someone whose name I'd like to throw into the ring: Khutulun.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2015, 03:28:35 AM »
I'm imagining Murasa Minamitsu being the captain of the lost USS Cyclops.
And I know this should be a person, not an object. But since there's a 'historical' in the title, then shall I write.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 07:28:29 AM »
I'd like to pitch in Richard Wagner.

I mean...that hat. Just look at it.

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 02:39:14 AM »
Any ancient Japanese/Chinese War texts (The Art of War, The Thirty-Six Stratagems, Hagakure, etc.)

Books can be historical figures too, since they're tied to their respective authors, right?

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 11:38:22 PM »
I'm imagining Murasa Minamitsu being the captain of the lost USS Cyclops.
And I know this should be a person, not an object. But since there's a 'historical' in the title, then shall I write.

I see her more as being a manifestation of the lost IJN Kiso, a Kuma class light cruiser.  Though this is meta as it is based on another game...

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 02:33:01 PM »
I see her more as being a manifestation of the lost IJN Kiso, a Kuma class light cruiser.  Though this is meta as it is based on another game...

I think if Murasa were to be the manifestation of a famous warship, she would most likely be the USS Enterprise (CV-6). Said ship was dubbed the Grey Ghost due to her reputation of being an unsinkable ship as well as the fact that the Japanese somehow often erroneously thought that they had managed to sink her. Enterprise's planes had also sunk the greatest tonnage so far of any US naval warship in battle, if my memory serves me correctly. After the war, she was sent to the scrapyard following failed efforts to have her preserved as a floating museum, so she is effectively a legend now.

Actually, Enterprise wasn't totally scrapped. A few of her small parts have been preserved and are on display, among them one of her anchors.

On an unrelated note, sometimes I like to imagine that the Prismrivers are three of Bach's prematurely dead children.

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »
Now you're making me want to see Murasa in a Star Trek uniform.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 07:29:32 AM »
Now you're making me want to see Murasa in a Star Trek uniform.

I meant the historical, WWII-era one. >:U

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »
(Not serious but whatever)

Hang Tuah and the Hang Brothers.

I'm not that sure they were brothers.

Part of me wants to see Chevalier D'Eon, or maybe Theodora.

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2015, 08:14:22 PM »
I think if Murasa were to be the manifestation of a famous warship, she would most likely be the USS Enterprise (CV-6). Said ship was dubbed the Grey Ghost due to her reputation of being an unsinkable ship as well as the fact that the Japanese somehow often erroneously thought that they had managed to sink her. Enterprise's planes had also sunk the greatest tonnage so far of any US naval warship in battle, if my memory serves me correctly. After the war, she was sent to the scrapyard following failed efforts to have her preserved as a floating museum, so she is effectively a legend now.

Actually, Enterprise wasn't totally scrapped. A few of her small parts have been preserved and are on display, among them one of her anchors.

On an unrelated note, sometimes I like to imagine that the Prismrivers are three of Bach's prematurely dead children.

Actually, the "Grey Ghost" was the next USS Lexington.  It was so named due to its paint job and the confusion caused to the Japanese when they saw that a ship bearing the same name as one they did sink has shown up (and relatively quickly, as it was already in construction and the name changed in honor of the first).  It created the impression that US carriers come back from the dead to haunt them.

But yeah, a clarification on my Kiso comment.  In Kantai Collection, the embodiment of the IJN Kiso has a design that is directly based on Murasa.  The artist who designed her is a Touhou fan and actually drew a Murasa fan art that very closely resembles Kiso years before designing Kiso and has also drawn multiple subsequent artwork of Murasa and a few other Touhou characters.  So If she is a ship then I will always see her as Kiso...  I just can't unsee that.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2015, 01:02:11 AM »
Actually, the "Grey Ghost" was the next USS Lexington.  It was so named due to its paint job and the confusion caused to the Japanese when they saw that a ship bearing the same name as one they did sink has shown up (and relatively quickly, as it was already in construction and the name changed in honor of the first).  It created the impression that US carriers come back from the dead to haunt them.

The second Lexington was the Blue Ghost. She was painted blue, a fairly unusual colour for ship camouflage. Enterprise (and to a lesser extent, the second Hornet) was the Grey Ghost.

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:13 AM »
I think I remember one of the "ghosts" would eventually end up as a museum ship that has a reputation for actually being haunted!  Though I still think Murasa is Kiso (because the Kiso kanmusume is actually directly derived from Murasa), a different poltergeist kanmusume might work for it.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 02:30:25 AM »
I think I remember one of the "ghosts" would eventually end up as a museum ship that has a reputation for actually being haunted!  Though I still think Murasa is Kiso (because the Kiso kanmusume is actually directly derived from Murasa), a different poltergeist kanmusume might work for it.

Yep, you're right. Lexington II (and to a lesser extent, Hornet II) are both known to be haunted.

No offense intended, but that "Murasa is Kiso" logic doesn't feel valid to me, though it might just be me and my irritating tendency to nitpick.

Have I tossed in Johann Sebastian Bach on this thread yet? Danmaku based around fugue sounds like fun.

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2015, 09:55:10 PM »
I think we both have a tendency to nitpick, but on different things with differing priorities.

Bach?  I don't think it would just be the music, that guy was a brawler and would probably be very melee heavy in the fighting games.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2015, 02:26:17 AM »
What if Hartmann's Youkai Girl was true all along?

I mean most of Erich Hartmann's preys didn't know what hit them even if already a ball of flames.13mm machine guns and the 30mm auto-cannon are the best combination of the Bf109 G6.

Search for him in the Wikipedia if you don't know who I meant.

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2015, 10:33:03 PM »
Actually he used mostly the 20 mm MG 151 and not the 30 mm MK 108.  He didn't really use the 30 mm until he got the BF-109 K-4.  The 20 mm was actually preferred due to its greater accuracy and ballistics.  The 13 mm machine guns were more secondary weapons, about 80% of the damage came from the 20 mm.  Also, he never used the gun pods and most pilots did not like using them due to the weight and loss of mobility.

And yeah, he would mostly sneak up on his targets and blast them without them knowing it.  He did not really rely on dogfighting.  The Bf-109 was not particularly suited to maneuvering dogfights, especially the heavier later versions of the airframe.   In fact it was not just him, about 80% of all aircraft shot down in the war the pilot had no idea they were under attack until it was too late.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2015, 12:27:53 AM »
Oh, thanks for the correction about the weaponry.

But I'm still sure that Koishi's theme title had to do with Erich. If it's true, then ZUN is really historically minded who can convert them into new character's for Touhou.