Author Topic: Fantasy Maiden Wars, the final chapter  (Read 11745 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Fantasy Maiden Wars, the final chapter
« on: May 01, 2015, 12:17:50 PM »
The final chapter of Fantasy Maiden Wars has been announced with the title of "Dream". A demo version will be released at Reitaisai 11.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26152902
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Re: Fantasy Maiden Wars, the final chapter
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:27:53 PM »
The previous three games were named after EoSD, PCB, and IN, respectively, so "Dream" is kind of shocking, actually. What is this, Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream? Well, I guess I would have expected this to be the most heavily PC-98 focused installment anyway.

cuc

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »
They said in the trailer (at 0:37) that the game title is not a reference to any specific official title, particularly not Touhou 3. "You'll know what it means when you play the game."

I get the feeling that the title is meant to signify a culmination of the fantasy, that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:52:00 PM by cuc »

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 01:31:03 AM »
Let's hope it is not a dream kind of thing.

cuc

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:36:48 AM »
The title actually made me think of Yumetagae Kagaku Seiki ~ Changeability of Strange Dream before Touhou 3. Not sure if Merry and Renko can serve any purpose in the FMW story though. It doesn't seem like the kind of story that would bring Gensokyo into conflict with a dystopic world at all.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 04:06:10 AM »
Hmm..

Some Observations from the vid.

0:05-0.07 - New Reimu and Marisa Sprites? Pre-chapter 39 upgrade it seems? I guess this means they're combining the games into one large continous games and giving those two a facelift, which is good since their FMW1 animation was pretty crappy. Also seems like new Bunshin animation for Yuuka during Master Spark Event.

Full Power Mode - Partners can freely choose their attacks too... VERY YES.

Playable Ichirin and Murasa confirmed - AWESOME

Kourin is new ship captain?

Iku DISCO pose confirmed - YES YES YES

Spoiled Brat confirmed - couldn't care less.

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
  • Dreams are your hidden futures.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »
Sooo possibly Byakuren might appear in this FMW chapter.....it's not confirmed but im pretty sure that she might appear since in the credits of GSW Ei. The Palanquin ship crew mention Byakuren many times.

Iku's pose is so awesome :D.

So the demo will be avaible soon?

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »
It's the last game in the series, so she has to appear if they're going to resolve that plotline. Which they should. My oeprating assumption is that the cast will visit Makai to rescue Byakuren and then encounter a bunch of PC-98 Makai characters like Shinki. The SWR plotline will probably be relatively short since it doesn't have anything to do with anything else.

The big question to me is whether or not they'll try to incorporate PoFV at all.

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 12:02:03 AM »
Well i have two theories about this game plot so its like this:
In the end of third Fantasy Maiden Wars, Mima was talking with someone unknown and i think its Byakuren. I don't know why but both of them are Magicians. And also since the start of the first FMW(Scarlet), someone has been talking with Marisa and it might be Byakuren.

Then the other theory, Yuuka was also talking with someone and it might be Shinki, because maybe Shinki orders Yuuka to keep an eye on Alice, since in FMW(You) Yuuka appeared at Alice's house and again at the credits of FMW(Ei), and maybe what if Shiro(Kedama of Marisa) was given the power of Shinki by Yuuka to posses Utsuho?

So yeah the thing about going to Makai to rescue Byakuren might be true.
And the SWR might be one chapter like IAMP.

Any other guesses for characters appearing?
I hope that Kogasa and Mamizou appear since they are the only 2 left of the Palanquin Ship crew missing...

And for last Koishi might be a boss too, since we couldn't fight her and in the credits she looks very different...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:37:14 AM by Totalheartsboy »

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 08:54:06 AM »
In the end of third Fantasy Maiden Wars, Mima was talking with someone unknown and i think its Byakuren. I don't know why but both of them are Magicians. And also since the start of the first FMW(Scarlet), someone has been talking with Marisa and it might be Byakuren.

The someone that was talking to Marisa is through Shiro. Whoever it is, would be the owner of Shiro. Byakuren is very unlikely, but I guess that is possible.

Then the other theory, Yuuka was also talking with someone and it might be Shinki, because maybe Shinki orders Yuuka to keep an eye on Alice, since in FMW(You) Yuuka appeared at Alice's house and again at the credits of FMW(Ei), and maybe what if Shiro(Kedama of Marisa) was given the power of Shinki by Yuuka to posses Utsuho?

It doesn't make any sense for Shinki to order Yuuka around. Since Yuuka beat Shinki up in Touhou 5 and the whole genocide comment.
The person that Yuuka could possibly be talking would be an Original Character or possibly Eiki. Yuuka seems to know Eiki from Phantasmagoria of Flower Viewing.

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »
They said in the trailer (at 0:37) that the game title is not a reference to any specific official title, particularly not Touhou 3. "You'll know what it means when you play the game."

I think this is a reference to the comments on 100% completion FMWE.

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »
Sanbondo has upload an update for GSW Dream.
http://www.sanbondo.net/gsw04/download.html

So this means that the game has already been distributed?

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »
Sanbondo has upload an update for GSW Dream.
http://www.sanbondo.net/gsw04/download.html

So this means that the game has already been distributed?

It's probably an update for the trial.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 10:38:52 PM »
Too bad it won't have the stuff in Urban Legend in Limbo and Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. These two games has some interesting stories.

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »
Well Sanbondo might squeeze in those games, maybe, besides maybe there will be a 5th game.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Totalheartsboy

• The Hidden Truth
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 02:55:04 AM »
Too bad it won't have the stuff in Urban Legend in Limbo and Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. These two games has some interesting stories.

Who knows Sanbondo can skip games and make the order of games goes different to the original Touhou plot.
So don't let your hopes down, it might be a great chance if Sanbondo decides to put the plot of LolK or the characters...

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 05:23:50 AM »

I doubt that we will meet with the characters even 13+ series.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »
Actually, since Hopeless Masquerade gets mentioned in Eternal, it is possible you might meet characters from there and earlier.

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 06:42:11 AM »
I think the reasoning behind the title can explained by looking at Shiro's character profile in FMW3. Sanbondo mentioned that (sort of spoiler for FMW3)
Spoiler:
Shiro is the familiar of the culprit, an original character capable of manipulating dreams. The OC's connection to Yuuka also hints towards setting up the final stage in the Dream World, and more Lotus Land Story characters may show up. Sanbondo had decided to go with an original character so that we can have most of the characters on the player's side against the final boss.
It would be interesting to see how they plan the lead-up to the final arc. The dream concept opens up a lot of different possibilities for how things branch out.

Actually, since Hopeless Masquerade gets mentioned in Eternal, it is possible you might meet characters from there and earlier.
I haven't played the game for ages, where was it mentioned? I do think Kokoro and the mask of hope would be a nice option for
Spoiler:
resolving Koishi's "arc"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:14:40 AM by Nerios »

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 07:09:08 AM »
I don't think it is mentioned in the story, just the character profiles.

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 10:12:26 AM »
I don't think it is mentioned in the story, just the character profiles.
I see, Hopeless Masquerade did get referenced in Koishi's profile to explain her ability and characterisation, but there's no hint at all about a TD or HM arc, unfortunately.

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 05:51:52 AM »
No, there isn't, but what it does imply is that the author is aware and has knowledge of those games.
So, if the author decided to add them, there is still time.