Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347766 times)

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #930 on: July 27, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »
About the cover being posted, to be honest, they don't look like flames to me. But more like branches/pointy things. She does look a princess or sort of majestic dressed person. Think the drawing earlier shown might be quite close.

Pretty much this. It looks like branches or thorny things to me (I just remembered branch of Hourai). I also think she's wearing some sort of kimono.
But, by the way, don't you think she's sitting in something? Like a throne. A final boss on a flying throne would be nice, i don't know.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #931 on: July 27, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »
A final boss on a flying throne would be nice, i don't know.
Frieza confirmed for LoLK.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #932 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »
Frieza confirmed for LoLK.
*Remilia confirmed for LoLK.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #933 on: July 27, 2015, 10:38:23 PM »
*Remilia confirmed for LoLK.
That settles it, then.

« Reply #934 on: July 28, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
That silhouette is the freakiest ever. I agree that it looks the most like somebody riding a vehicle, possibly one of those "mechanical spiders" from the incident backstory.

Add to that the new screenshots, and our current hype status is MAX
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #935 on: July 28, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
I'm wondering... wasn't there any known kind of Japanese Person who carries a lot of Sword-like weapons around?

« Reply #936 on: July 28, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »
I'm wondering... wasn't there any known kind of Japanese Person who carries a lot of Sword-like weapons around?

Enough postulatory banter! It's time we talk like ladies! And men! And men who play as ladies! For touhou... I guess that's enough~
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #937 on: July 28, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
Only one that comes to mind is Benkei, who seems unlikely.

« Reply #938 on: July 28, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »
Enough postulatory banter!

Disagree, the speculation before a big release is always quite entertaining. Part of the whole community aspect, for sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jor%C5%8Dgumo

I'm near-convinced this myth is relevant somehow, referenced in someone's spell cards at least. A lunar rover in the form of mechanical spider. The way a Buddhist monk is featured in the Jōren legend would conveniently connect Byakuren's lotus, too. (Also, they weave their webs in the shape of orbs, but that's more of a stretch.)
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #939 on: July 28, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »
This gal?
Japanese by proxy. (Zoroastrianism->Hinduism->Buddhism->spread of Buddhism to Japan and mixing with Shinto)
Asura: Extremely powerful beings (compared to puny humans) who act as counterparts to Devas. In the earlier myths, asuras are neutral/benign/positive beings, but in latter myths, asuras are more leaning to carnal and materialistic desires; tend to be aggressive and warmongers. In Buddhism, asuras are one of the six domains of reincarnation (hell/animal/preta/human/asura/deva). Here more virtuous asuras are well-intentioned but still unpredictable.
Related: Yaksha (nature spirits); Rakshasas (kinda equivalent to ogres)

Well, the 2hu moon has relations of Buddhism (concept of purity); and wasn't Tenshi a deva (or extremely close to be so)? I'd be a good thing to expand our monster bestiary.

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #940 on: July 28, 2015, 08:16:42 PM »
Only one that comes to mind is Benkei, who seems unlikely.

I think thats actually the guy i meant... but still... i thought there were another one somehow...

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #941 on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:58 PM »
Now that i think about it, since lunarians seem mostly based on actual gods and legendary characters, is there a god associated with "the end of the world" or mass extinctions in japanese mythology?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:18:29 PM by PK »

« Reply #942 on: July 29, 2015, 05:17:13 AM »
I drew Seiran before her portrait was shown, and got it half correct. I thought her two ponytails were a blue cap and her ears were from Iku's hat :V

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ecgqxj.jpg
And here's what I think this Final Boss looks like.... I have three other ones, but this will do. Okay so I'm thinking those are branches and that maybe she's with a space probe, like what Sanae mentioned. IDK, the probe manifested itself into a tree... oh and she's holding a stick with bells! That thing in the right of her hat is actually just another branch behind her. Looks like something that's part of the hat :P (I couldn't think of a design for that hat......)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:47:42 AM by Loafing Bear »

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
« Reply #943 on: July 29, 2015, 07:43:30 AM »
Now that i think about it, since lunarians seem mostly based on actual gods and legendary characters, is there a god associated with "the end of the world" or mass extinctions in japanese mythology?

This guy?

I highly doubt it but here are some more extremely unlikely candidates:
Izanami
Kagutsuchi
Susano
Nobunaga
Ieyasu
Hideyoshi

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #944 on: July 29, 2015, 07:28:09 PM »
Uhh, just to make sure, should I avoid upgrading to Windows 10 considering the case and ZUN's tweet would imply that LoLK isn't compatible with Windows 10?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #945 on: July 29, 2015, 08:15:13 PM »
I think it meant more along the lines of "oh crap, I need to make sure I actually put win10 on the compatible OS list", something that's easy to overlook when it's release is... now?

Only pre-2000 era games would be liable to have issues with win10 I imagine (as they have issues with win7, or even XP, etc)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #946 on: July 30, 2015, 02:25:52 AM »
I can see EoSD just plain not working anymore, on Win8 and 8.1 the game has issues playing windowed.

« Reply #947 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:06 AM »
Running Windows 10 right now.  The only rough spots are that Touhou 6-9.5 doesn't work fullscreen (windowed works perfectly fine).  All other games work perfectly.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #948 on: July 30, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »
Please post your technical issues / experience with Windows 10 & Touhou in the tech support section. Let us not litter the Th15 thread for this.

Cheers.

Silly me: I thought it was more specific tech issues but it was in relation to Th15 & Win10. My apologies.  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:59:57 AM by Helepolis »

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #949 on: July 31, 2015, 12:11:41 PM »
Well we get more news, not too reassuring but still..

http://kourindou.exblog.jp/23501149/

Quote from: shanghai_alice
 いやー、連日暑くてとろけそうです。
 そんなわけで東方Project 第15弾 東方紺珠伝 の体験版を公開します。

東方紺珠伝 体験版ダウンロード

発表は今年の夏コミの予定です。自分の環境で動作するか確認してみてもらえれば幸いです。

例大祭バージョンのバグ修正版ですが、一部システムの変更もあります。
  ・レガシーモードのチャプターボーナスが1UPのかけらになりました。
  ・完全無欠モードのミスペナルティに限度が付きました。
  ・ゲームオーバー時の曲がタイトル画面になっていますが、これはバグでは無く、容量節減のためBGMを省いています。製品版ではゲームオーバーの曲が流れます。

本格的な調整はこれからです。製品版と異なる可能性が高いのでご了承ください。

さてと、最後の仕上げといきますか!

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #950 on: July 31, 2015, 12:31:50 PM »
The demo web, finally.
Three mirrors and I can't download it, haha.

Guess I'll have to wait a bit.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #951 on: July 31, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
Why isn't it reassuring? Isn't it a a new webdemo with some nice fixes? I mean, that's what I get from google translate at least.

Edit: wuhu, 2+ hours download. but at least I got it to start
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:49:10 PM by 7TC7 »
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #952 on: July 31, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
Oh, now in Legacy Mode, instead of getting bomb pieces from chapter bonuses, you get life pieces. I assume there are not score 1ups anymore. I'm curious how much this will improve the demo scoreruns, since if the piece count is still 5, they'll effectively get 3 bombs to score with per fill instead of 1; however, since it still ends at stage 3, that'll probably just make it a bombapalooza XD Good for casual players though since the difficulty is obscene...

edit:Dang, you weren't kidding about it not being easy to get it to start. Even with 3 mirrors, looks like the japanese are probably slamming this demo dl hard?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:14:35 PM by Selery »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #953 on: July 31, 2015, 01:12:57 PM »
Oh, now in Legacy Mode, instead of getting bomb pieces from chapter bonuses, you get life pieces. I assume there are not score 1ups anymore.

Is it still bomb pieces in Pointdevice Mode?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #954 on: July 31, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »
Waiting for download to finish, I got the lifepieces just from a machine translator on the blogpost. It mentioned something about pointdevice in a different bulletpoint, so I'll still check that out.

Edit:Okay, the other two bulletpoints in the announcement mean that there's a limit to the penalty (to your power) from dying in pointdevice mode. Presumably so if you have to retry a hundred times (Shudder, but in lunatic, it could happen) your power doesn't start dropping below 3 and making it effectively a game over. (I mean, if you couldn't win in 100+ tries, and your power then drops to 2, and then 1, well...) I'm not testing what it is, since that could involve dying 50~100+ times, but there you go. XD

The other is just that for the sake of game size, the demo does not have the game over theme. Instead it reuses the title screen theme. Full version will have a game over theme.

And of course, the several bugs in the original demo should be fixed.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:21:25 PM by Selery »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #955 on: July 31, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
Seems that the final product could be a fair amount different from this demo...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #956 on: July 31, 2015, 01:57:20 PM »
Seems that the final product could be a fair amount different from this demo...
So he will after all manage to finish it on time for Ket huh? Cool.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #957 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:19 PM »
Confirmed: you get life pieces in Legacy. Haven't counted exactly, but should be 8. However, there's no (pieces: 0/8) counter below the lives, while there is a counter for bomb pieces.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #958 on: July 31, 2015, 05:50:14 PM »
8? Nah, it's 5, like bomb pieces are. I counted.

Zil

« Reply #959 on: July 31, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »
You're saying you get an extra life every 5 checkpoints? If that's the case this game is going to be a disaster. I can't even imagine what ZUN is thinking at this point.