Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347713 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #810 on: May 29, 2015, 11:49:20 PM »
So, just to clarify: Reisen's profile should have her listed as a moon rabbit instead of human? That's somewhat of a bummer - it opened a can of interresting implications, so even if it was an error, I assumed ZUN would just run with it  :V. Not to mention it perfectly complemented her dialogue with Doremy about her adaptation (although the dialogue itself and the implications still stand).

As for the risk of ZUN not completing the game... That makes me worry both for the final version that might end up either rushed or released with a huge delay and for ZUN himself, as he might just overwork himself to meet the deadline  :ohdear:.

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #811 on: May 30, 2015, 12:17:22 AM »
So, just to clarify: Reisen's profile should have her listed as a moon rabbit instead of human? That's somewhat of a bummer - it opened a can of interresting implications, so even if it was an error, I assumed ZUN would just run with it  :V. Not to mention it perfectly complemented her dialogue with Doremy about her adaptation (although the dialogue itself and the implications still stand).

As for the risk of ZUN not completing the game... That makes me worry both for the final version that might end up either rushed or released with a huge delay and for ZUN himself, as he might just overwork himself to meet the deadline  :ohdear:.

I'm actually kinda happy things went that way.

I always find it fun when people who look for patterns are shut down.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

Drake

« Reply #812 on: May 30, 2015, 01:00:45 AM »
To be clear, the only mistake here is the actual usage of "human" in the profile. The connections back to CiLR about Reisen's development and attachment to the Earth, with her coverage in FS and her decision to protect the Earth and fighting off her comrades etc, are still very much there. It isn't as if all that doesn't exist just because this was a typo.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #813 on: May 30, 2015, 01:24:01 AM »
What if the reason for Zun taking longer to finish this game is for some other reasons?  Since this time the plot's a bit deeper what if we had a Phantasm stage on the works?  :]

Would certainly be something worth the wait!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #814 on: May 30, 2015, 01:29:42 AM »
I suspect parenthood is also playing a role in things. It's not like fatherhood is smooth sailing all the time - there are easier and rougher patches. Surely not the only factor in this game project taking more time than he planned, but I'd be surprised if it weren't contributing to a lack of free time, either.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #815 on: May 30, 2015, 08:16:04 AM »
Somebody help? I can't stop listening to Doremy Sweet's theme.

OtakuGray

• It's time to D-D-D-DANMAKU!
  • When you lose your way, you can blame the fairies
    • BecauselmGray - AMVs, Replays, Etc...
« Reply #816 on: May 30, 2015, 08:40:33 PM »
Any awesome arranges of her song yet? I know Komeiji Records has done Seiran's theme. I'm not sure which song out of the 3 I like the most, but Doremy's is definitely addicting.

« Reply #817 on: May 30, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »
Doremy's is a masterpiece, something about Seiran's is extremelly addicting as well, i get a desert like vibe from Ringo's theme. Love them all <3
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #818 on: May 31, 2015, 01:09:00 AM »
There's something about these new character addictions that just makes me want a manga where each chapter focuses on a completely different character.
Sorta like a side story thing.
I really do want to know more about Seiran and Ringo's corps and their uh, "operations".

« Reply #819 on: June 02, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »
If this actually happens, it would be the first time he released a trial and didn't provide the full game by the next Summer Comiket.

DON'T RUSH IT ZUN!!!

The last thing Touhou needs is an Assassin's Creed Unity like entry that will forever be mocked and scorned. This has the potential to be a great game and I would hate to see it become "that" game in the Touhou series due to rushing.

Wasn't LoLK's trial version buggier than previous trial versions? You know... Marisa's 360 spinning master spark?

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #820 on: June 02, 2015, 02:47:35 PM »
You know... Marisa's 360 spinning master spark?
xXx360-QUICKLASER-YOUKAIMASHER-HUMANMAGICICIAN-MLGPROxXx

Yep, that, and random flashes of red in the background. But then again, the Ultramarine Orb medicine has some side effects, so he handwaved those bugs.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #821 on: June 02, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
Hey guys... I just noticed something.
-The lotus on the title and little side bar thing is the same as the one that's in Byakuren's spell card background.
-Byakuren is the final boss of touhou 12 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object
-UFO's japanese name is touhou seirensen.

Seirensen. Seiren sen. Seiran.

Spoiler:
Illuminati Mima Confirmed

Spoiler:
I'm never going to stop making Mima jokes.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:59:55 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

OtakuGray

• It's time to D-D-D-DANMAKU!
  • When you lose your way, you can blame the fairies
    • BecauselmGray - AMVs, Replays, Etc...
« Reply #822 on: June 03, 2015, 04:18:24 AM »
Hey guys... I just noticed something.
-The lotus on the title and little side bar thing is the same as the one that's in Byakuren's spell card background.
-Byakuren is the final boss of touhou 12 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object
-UFO's japanese name is touhou seirensen.

Seirensen. Seiren sen. Seiran.

Spoiler:
Illuminati Mima Confirmed

Spoiler:
I'm never going to stop making Mima jokes.

Seiran
Ransei
Rainsei
Reisna
Reisan
Reisen

Spoiler:
Mima is tots confirmed

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #823 on: June 04, 2015, 01:10:11 AM »
Is ZUN going to make changes over what we already saw in the demo, ie changes in the gameplay? Like rebalancing players/changing enemy formations/altering save points.
Spoiler:
Reimu's needles not fully hitting the boss seriously bug me

Ransei
Spoiler:
Ransei
Yukari fooling around again.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #824 on: June 04, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »
Is ZUN going to make changes over what we already saw in the demo, ie changes in the gameplay? Like rebalancing players/changing enemy formations/altering save points.
Spoiler:
Reimu's needles not fully hitting the boss seriously bug me
In the past, the stage 3 boss tends to get somewhat easier. We don't have precedent for a system like Pointdevice though, and he was rushing to finish it just barely in time to release the demo as it was.

Look at all these dorks complaining about having more range >:V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #825 on: June 12, 2015, 11:48:40 PM »
Digging the game so far, for the most part. Sanae's dialogue is solid, Hard/Lunatic modes fun patterns (albeit pretty insane in some areas), and I'm looking forward to the full release!

Hopefully ZUN tones down the brightness, though.

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #826 on: June 13, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
Just to ask, does ZUN ever tease official games before the release day? Like, does he show the cover of the game a few weeks beforehand or do we get no other info aside from the demo? Just wondering.

« Reply #827 on: June 13, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
Just to ask, does ZUN ever tease official games before the release day? Like, does he show the cover of the game a few weeks beforehand or do we get no other info aside from the demo? Just wondering.

Usually some time before their release he posts on his blog the game's jewel case with the final boss' silhouette but other than that that's it I guess. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:59:12 PM by Linnah »

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #828 on: June 13, 2015, 06:15:41 PM »
Um... last two games (ISC and ULiL) got promotional videos before release, remember? This might well be ZUN's new standard.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:18:22 PM by Critz »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #829 on: June 13, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »
Isn't that, depending on the game, he releases a free trial downloable from his site? Depending on the game, the smaller ones like the photography ones or FW aren't included.

Drake

« Reply #830 on: June 14, 2015, 12:30:57 AM »
Um... last two games (ISC and ULiL) got promotional videos before release, remember? This might well be ZUN's new standard.
ISC was more of ZUN's test run for PVs, and ISC didn't have a demo either. I don't think there's much use of a PV at this point when all such a thing would do is spoil the game. ULiL also would have been mainly Tasofro's decision, not solely ZUN's.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #831 on: June 14, 2015, 06:41:34 PM »
Hey guys, I just realized something!

Marisa's image in this demo has her with a little crescent moon hanging on her chest near her buttons. Doesn't that remind you of Patchouli's crescent moon hat ornament on her mob cap?

Marisa stole the precious hat ornament!

Looks like she has been borrowing more than just books at the SDM library.  :]

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #832 on: June 14, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »
Hey guys, I just realized something!

Marisa's image in this demo has her with a little crescent moon hanging on her chest near her buttons. Doesn't that remind you of Patchouli's crescent moon hat ornament on her mob cap?

Marisa stole the precious hat ornament!

Looks like she has been borrowing more than just books at the SDM library.  :]

Honestly, it reminded me a bit more of Mima's staff and the fact that she started off with star magic.
But interesting note.

Camilo113

• Luck, Resilience and Perseverance
  • Gensokyo is capable of change
« Reply #833 on: June 19, 2015, 11:50:41 PM »
Since it's already confirmed that Team Shanghai Alice will attend Comiket 88, does this mean LoLK will release at the event or he might have other things planned?

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #834 on: June 20, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »
Honestly, it reminded me a bit more of Mima's staff and the fact that she started off with star magic.
But interesting note.

Me too. It reminded me of her pc 98 self.(which I love so much. I don't care about Marisa windows but Marisa 98 is one of my favorite char of the serie)
I really loved when she used violet stars for normal shoot. :)

« Reply #835 on: June 24, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Same. Her theme is precious.

« Reply #836 on: June 26, 2015, 10:34:10 PM »
Marisa windows but Marisa 98 is one of my favorite char of the serie

Marisa is Marisa. The PC98 and windows Touhou follow the same timeline so its not like they are two different entities.

I have to admit though, Marisa's dialogue in the games as the series went on has gone from her being really playful and kooky to... not as playful and kooky.

I mean, in EoSD, Marisa's scenario, she was coy-fully saying to Patchouli that "I'm really delicious" and teasing Sakuya that she will be the head maid of SDM if she beats her (and playing along with the thing about her being a love doll, lol).

My favorite part of Marisa's dialogue comes from IN when she boldly said to Reimu "You're right. The endless night, that broken, warped moon, hiding the human village, and putting silly hats on the stone statues; all of it was Alice's fault. Now bitch, get outta the way!"

Totally badass.

I noticed around UFO that Marisa started to go "um", "huh" and "uh" alot more in her dialogue, and while she still had some cool moments, I didn't feel as thought they had Marisa's certain character to them like the earlier games did.

In DDC, Marisa B's scenario, Marisa stutters and goes "uh" like she has become more shy or something. I hope Marisa doesn't take things as seriously again in LoLK (this games douse sound pretty serious though).

« Reply #837 on: June 27, 2015, 12:32:36 AM »
Marisa's with Alice in Imperishable Night. They tend to do some sort of duo jokes.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #838 on: June 27, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »
Not for me. Marisa isn't anymore the Marisa that have been trained by Mima, that have been malicious and sometime scary, and that really looked like a wizard. The one that had this trick to transform her broom into a plant, that could grow wings in PoDD. Everything about her is not the same anymore. Even if Window et 98 era were connected, that wouldn't change the fact that I think she became someone completly different.
She's a funny thief who uses magic, now, imo. But that's that. It's not these things about her that makes me like her.
I can't say I like Marisa in the windows even though I greatly appreciate her in the 98 era, that would be a lie, I don't feel they're the same.

In fact I don't really care if Zun says something about 98 era being connected with windows era, he's vague anyway, so I interpret things differently.

« Reply #839 on: June 27, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »
In fact I don't really care if Zun says something about 98 era being connected with windows era, he's vague anyway, so I interpret things differently.

I'm pretty sure Zun never said anything like that.
In fact, PC 98 era is more than likely retconned by the windows era.

That said, for Marisa, I don't quite understand what is so different about the PC-98 Marisa compared to the Windows Marisa. PC-98 hardly has any character information, so you pretty much make up most of it. I don't quite see how she would be "different" when she isn't much of a character back in PC-98.