Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347569 times)

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #690 on: May 19, 2015, 02:32:47 PM »
I didn't really think Bill was a master of dreams of anything. But now for some reason a TouhouxGravity Falls thing seems interesting. Damnit.
Bill states in his AMA that he's looking for a promotion, implying that there are other creatures like him that exist that are greater in power than he is. He also states that he used to have a family, but not anymore, which also adds more evidence to the theory that there might be more dream demons hanging around than just Cipher himself. It's not entirely too farfetched that Bill might be acquainted with Doremy. Bill also gives a picture of a strange humanoid and says that his friends "look like this", which could be seen as a nod to the positively poor quality of ZUNart.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #691 on: May 19, 2015, 03:29:30 PM »
Any thoughts on how the chaos in the Lunar Capital, plus the ensuing danmaku battles, may affect the Moon's purity? Here's hoping for a stage with blooming and colourful udonge trees in the background.
Well, since LoLK is gonna be connected to ULiL, my  theory is this:
-During ULiL, someone manages to bring the Moon power-stone on Earth and messes with Sumireko's power-stones.
-The "madman" (someone really important) is scared about how the Moon power stone was brought on earth, because it might bring earthlings on the Moon, and orders the "purification" to be done.
-Some lunarians don't agree and they start a civil war, either killing each other and thus tainting the Moon with impurity coming from death, or trying to remove that person from his/her high-ranking position, causing impurity coming from "political power" (the same impurity that makes the Udonge plant bloom).

To me, this theory seems to make sense, but i'm sure there's plenty of holes in it, mainly because i don't know the endings of ULiL very well :V

« Reply #692 on: May 19, 2015, 03:38:48 PM »
Is this purification is the same as Toyohime's "purification"? Could it possibly be a misunderstanding?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #693 on: May 19, 2015, 04:30:32 PM »
Well, the manual backstory seems to be pretty clear. Someone is trying to purify the Earth and make it "a perfect world with no life".
Looks like they even sent a Doomsday Machine in Gensokyo to do the job  :ohdear:

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #694 on: May 19, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »
Does Seiran have one or two hair bunches?

Two. The right one is seen clearly, the left one is mostly behind her, but you can see glimpses of it between her head and left arm.

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #695 on: May 19, 2015, 08:49:18 PM »
I have a feeling that whoever LoLK's "madman" antagonist is will be
Spoiler:
the true culprit for ULiL, as implied by Reimu's final scenario dialogue in ULiL that  Sumireko was being used by someone else.
I wonder if by this it means we'll get another human antagonist, maybe the person who made those spider-machine things?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:59:52 PM by Doki-Doki »

« Reply #696 on: May 19, 2015, 09:18:14 PM »
I have a feeling that whoever LoLK's "madman" antagonist is will be
Spoiler:
the true culprit for ULiL, as implied by Reimu's final scenario dialogue in ULiL that  Sumireko was being used by someone else.
I wonder if by this it means we'll get another human antagonist, maybe the person who made those spider-machine things?

The spider machines are just NASA-style rovers for exploring another planet.

« Reply #697 on: May 20, 2015, 01:29:27 AM »
I have a feeling it's possible we might not even go to the moon and the Lunar Capital at all. On Stage 3, if the protagonist being in the Dream World on the way to the Lunar Capital is indeed part of a trap that has been set up for her, she could very well be led to some other place for the later half of the game. What purpose would that have, I don't know. Just a hunch. I do hope I am wrong though because visiting the Lunar Capital would be really, really epic.

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
« Reply #698 on: May 20, 2015, 01:41:57 AM »
The spider machines are just NASA-style rovers for exploring another planet.

Quote from: Sanae Kochiya
That thing looked just like Curiosity.
I think the Lunarians reprogrammed Curiosity or something. But how they got Curiosity, a Mars Rover, is questionable.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #699 on: May 20, 2015, 02:21:47 AM »
I think the Lunarians reprogrammed Curiosity or something. But how they got Curiosity, a Mars Rover, is questionable.
Japanese fans have linked this to the fact that humanity has yet to successfully carry out a manned Mars mission in the future, according to Magical Astronomy. They theorize that the Lunarians, or a similar faction, may have set up on Mars a life-cleansing mechanism similar to LoLK's reprogrammed Curiosity, which may have killed off any native Martian life, and will eradicate the astronauts landing on Mars.

In that case, the Mars has already been a home base for the Lunarians or the "madman" who now dominates them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:32:30 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
« Reply #700 on: May 20, 2015, 02:46:17 AM »
Japanese fans have linked this to the fact that humanity has yet to successfully carry out a manned Mars mission in the future, according to Magical Astronomy. They theorize that the Lunarians, or a similar faction, may have set up on Mars a life-cleansing mechanism similar to LoLK's reprogrammed Curiosity, which may have killed off any native Martian life, and will eradicate the astronauts landing on Mars.

In that case, the Mars has already been a home base for the Lunarians or the "madman" who now dominates them.

Hmm...then I feel like thats a possibility that the Extra stage could be in Mars. After the main incident is solved, the Final Boss could lead them to Mars, where there is another commander or something.

Inb4 Rover 2hu  :V

EDIT: Then again, those things can't become tsukumogami.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #701 on: May 20, 2015, 02:51:27 AM »
Although ever since EoSD, the Extra stages have reused background art from earlier stages. The dream space is still the safest bet for Extra.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #702 on: May 20, 2015, 03:56:47 AM »
Doremi or Ringo say something about a mad man.

Should probably stop using the term mad man, I am pretty sure it is gender non-specific.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #703 on: May 20, 2015, 04:19:04 AM »
Although ever since EoSD, the Extra stages have reused background art from earlier stages. The dream space is still the safest bet for Extra.

With Doremy's sis- I mean, Gengetsu for boss.

Extra Dialogue:

Gengetsu: Hey kid, get outta my lawn This is my dream space! Get out!
Reimu: and what if I don't?
Gengetsu: Then you're in for a treat!
*battle starts*
*battle ends*
Gengetsu: *sob sob* you're strong!
Gengetsu: wait, why did you even come here anyway...?
Reimu: ...I don't know... *sweatdrop*
Gengetsu: huu...

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #704 on: May 20, 2015, 09:58:54 AM »
Going straight to the lunar capital and taking on the whole lunar defense corps seems  brazen even for the heroines, but it's another thing if they, dunno, suddenly appeared in the palace where the "mad person" resides, then it'd be a bit different. Also, it seems a bit weird that the incident this time is about an invasion of THE EARTH, while the "purification" is being done IN GENSOKYO. Unless these are both part of the incident.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #705 on: May 20, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »
Going straight to the lunar capital and taking on the whole lunar defense corps seems  brazen even for the heroines, but it's another thing if they, dunno, suddenly appeared in the palace where the "mad person" resides, then it'd be a bit different. Also, it seems a bit weird that the incident this time is about an invasion of THE EARTH, while the "purification" is being done IN GENSOKYO. Unless these are both part of the incident.
Maybe something or somebody in Gensokyo is keeping them from invading the Earth, or it's being used as a way to get the heroines' attention before the real thing.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #706 on: May 20, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »
Regarding story / character: If Seiran is doing covert mission, does this mean she has infiltrated the Earthling rabbits? Which is a bit weird when I think about it, earthling rabbits were real rabbit-like creatures right? She would stand out as a Lunarian rabbit. Though does somehow dress similar to Tewi in terms of outfit style (puffy frilly with bloomers under).

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #707 on: May 20, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
They look like rabbits only in Inabas manga, just for fun. They're humanoid like Tewi otherwise. If SSiB isn't enough as evidence, they can pound mochi and sing according to CiLR.

...if that's what you're asking.

« Reply #708 on: May 20, 2015, 05:22:51 PM »
I always assumed animal youkai can turn into animals whenever they want, kind of like Rin in SA.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #709 on: May 20, 2015, 10:28:39 PM »
They look like rabbits only in Inabas manga, just for fun. They're humanoid like Tewi otherwise. If SSiB isn't enough as evidence, they can pound mochi and sing according to CiLR.

...if that's what you're asking.
Yes, that was kind of my question. That would then somehow make sense for Seiran to be "one of them", I guess?

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #710 on: May 21, 2015, 02:07:12 AM »
I always assumed animal youkai can turn into animals whenever they want, kind of like Rin in SA.
It's probably a common enough trait that Akyuu found it necessary to state that Shou can't turn into her man-eating form anymore in SoPM.

Yes, that was kind of my question. That would then somehow make sense for Seiran to be "one of them", I guess?
Well, outside of Tewi, the rabbits don't seem to be that smart, so it probably wouldn't be too difficult.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #711 on: May 21, 2015, 08:57:41 AM »
Not necessary regarding their intelligence. Lunar rabbits aren't quite bright either but more like the fact that if all Earthling rabbits are humanoid then Seiran is executing her task correctly. The way she dresses (Tewi like, thus earthling style) and her Mocchi hammer is true undercover (not sure about her patterns with the moon and stars)

Makes me wonder how long she has been already infiltrating them.

Drake

« Reply #712 on: May 21, 2015, 09:59:04 AM »
Hilarity I just noticed: the mirroring of the moon rabbits' profiles

イーグルラヴィと呼ばれる地上の調査部隊の中でも潜入操作という、一番危険な仕事を持つ。危険な割に賃金は低い。
Amongst the members of the "Eagle Ravi" Earth Recon Unit, she has the most dangerous job: infiltration operations. She isn't paid much relative to the danger.

イーグルラヴィと呼ばれる地上の調査部隊の中で情報管理という、閑職を担っている。楽な割に位の高い役職。
Amongst the members of the "Eagle Ravi" Earth Recon Unit, she bears the most leisurely job: information management. She has a high-ranking post relative to the leisure.

You fight Seiran while she's busy making mochi for everyone else, while on her break, and cries that the higher ups will kill her if she spills information.
You fight Ringo because she thinks it'll be fun and has no consequence to losing, and basically cheers you on to head to the Capital.

this is amazing

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #713 on: May 21, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Lol ZUN trolling the characters themselves? Why am i not surprised? :V

And it's also hilariously similar to some REAL LIFE work situations  :derp:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #714 on: May 21, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »
Real life depicted pretty well with Seiran and Ringo. Lower ranked > dirty jobs > afraid. Higher ranked > loljobs > care++.

« Reply #715 on: May 21, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »
Their colour schemes contrast against each other too- blue/orange, cool/warm colours.

I'd like to see how their personalities play out in future works/fan-works.

« Reply #716 on: May 21, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
Not necessary regarding their intelligence. Lunar rabbits aren't quite bright either but more like the fact that if all Earthling rabbits are humanoid then Seiran is executing her task correctly. The way she dresses (Tewi like, thus earthling style) and her Mocchi hammer is true undercover (not sure about her patterns with the moon and stars)

Makes me wonder how long she has been already infiltrating them.

But wasn't it mentioned in SSiB (or CiLR, I can't remember which one) that Tewi knows all the Earth rabbits? I think she would have noticed if there was an infiltrator... Or maybe she did and that's why Eientei is helping?

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #717 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:01 PM »
Regarding ULiL connections i just remembered that in Nitori's scenario, when Nitori talks to Mokou in the Bamboo Forest, she seems to say that the Master of the house was the only one buying the balls from her. Unless it was Kagerou's house (:V), doesn't it mean Kaguya or Eirin were buying the balls?

Adding also the Eirin-Kaguya dialogue in LoLK backstory, particularly this:

Eirin: "If they're making a move, no humans will possibly be able to compete with them.
But if we stand against them, we'll be playing right into their hands.

i'm starting to suspect that the Eientei people are behind the whole thing for some unknown reason. This also explains why they already knew what was going on.

« Reply #718 on: May 21, 2015, 09:56:25 PM »
Regarding ULiL connections i just remembered that in Nitori's scenario, when Nitori talks to Mokou in the Bamboo Forest, she seems to say that the Master of the house was the only one buying the balls from her. Unless it was Kagerou's house (:V), doesn't it mean Kaguya or Eirin were buying the balls?

They were standing in front of Miko's dojo, so Nitori was clearly talking about Miko, who was the only person in the game who actually bought balls from her (back in Miko's route). This also means that Mokou was talking about Futo as the immortal resident of the house (she left the forest to go visit Futo, who intrigued her), and the whole scene was 100% composed of references to previous routes. The fight took place in a stage belonging to neither of the characters involved. Also, Mokou and Futo are immortal-buddies and you should ship them, I guess.

I was wondering if the transcription failed to properly convey this context, and apparently the answer was yes.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:03:16 PM by Clarste »

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #719 on: May 21, 2015, 10:17:50 PM »
Ah, thank you. For some reason I assumed they were in Mokou's forest stage when talking.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:19:33 PM by PK »