Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 348033 times)

Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #540 on: May 12, 2015, 11:30:26 AM »
Are people here really complaining about the music here in this demo?!?

I'm loving every single one of the tracks included with the 3 bosses. Eternal Spring Dream (Doremy's theme) is particularly nice and catchy and they all contain ZUN's trademark features that make them excellent to listen to.

The story is particularly interesting as well. The stakes are higher this time since the fate of Gensokyo is in jeopardy by these moon invaders. I always wished that ZUN in his games would raise the stakes of the incidents and here he did. I'm loving it.

The only thing I'm questioning is that in SSiB our heroines had to reach the moon by their god rocket or Yukari's moonlight lake-shine gap. Now all of a sudden they figured out they could travel to the moon by going though the dream world? That's pretty darn convenient... unless Gensokyo's gals have been doing some research into alternative ways to reach the moon since then.

How douse one get their physical presence to the dreamworld anyway to reach the moon? Well, I guess I am asking to much of a land called Gensokyo that has both the netherworld and the Sanzu River in the same landscape.

e: Yo guys, I just went to the Touhou Patch Center Tumblr page and found this as a tweet:

Th15 patch work by Brliron underway! A working GUI by Nmlgc is also being designed. Please wait warmly for future updates!

IS IT TRUE YOUR WORKING ON A TRANSLATION PATCH BRLIRON?!?! IF SO, THEN THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL MAN!!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:00:55 PM by Tengukami »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #541 on: May 12, 2015, 01:04:55 PM »
I call them Seija bullets, mostly because they're EVERYWHERE in Seija's non-spells.

Well it's not just the shape of the bullets; it's how they move. Seija's are arranged in curved rows with a simple scissor attack. In Doremy's case, they do the same seemingly chaotic, slow creep we saw in IN. It's a pretty clear nod to Eirin.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #542 on: May 12, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »
The only thing I'm questioning is that in SSiB our heroines had to reach the moon by their god rocket or Yukari's moonlight lake-shine gap. Now all of a sudden they figured out they could travel to the moon by going though the dream world? That's pretty darn convenient... unless Gensokyo's gals have been doing some research into alternative ways to reach the moon since then.

My guess it's because this way is for rabbits only (Reisen's scenario), and only lunarians and moon rabbits know about it. Well, our crew now knows too, since Reisen told them.

Well, I guess I am asking to much of a land called Gensokyo that has both the netherworld and the Sanzu River in the same landscape.

Netherworld and the likes are not part of Gensokyo though) It's just that it's easier to get there from Gensokyo.

« Reply #543 on: May 12, 2015, 02:59:15 PM »
e: Yo guys, I just went to the Touhou Patch Center Tumblr page and found this as a tweet:

Th15 patch work by Brliron underway! A working GUI by Nmlgc is also being designed. Please wait warmly for future updates!

IS IT TRUE YOUR WORKING ON A TRANSLATION PATCH BRLIRON?!?! IF SO, THEN THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL MAN!!!
Sounds more like brliron is adding TH15 support to thcrap (he's also added partial support for the Playism TH14 trial). Nmlgc is just working on a proper GUI for thcrap, which'll be really nice.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Wolfolotl

• magical
  • ooooOOOOOOooo
« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2015, 03:43:15 PM »
I don't know if other people feel this, but for some reason LoLK feels kinda campy to me. don't get me wrong, it's a good campy that I enjoy a lot! but for whatever reason the techno music and the plot of an alien invasion from the mood just feel a lot like a b-movie
:3c

« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2015, 03:51:27 PM »
I still don't know how to earn bomb pieces in this game, can you guys help me? Also how do you earn lives?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »
I still don't know how to earn bomb pieces in this game, can you guys help me? Also how do you earn lives?

At the end of every chapter a little screen will come up with a score. Your score is based on how many enemies you shot down (in a percentage) and how much graze you got. If you have 100% of enemies shot down and at least 200 graze, you'll get a bomb fragment (you need 5 for a full bomb). Your score is multiplicative; if you have 100% enemies shot down and 200 graze, you get a fragment. If you have 50% enemies shot down and 400 graze, you get a fragment. If you have 75% enemies shot down and 300 graze, you get a fragment. Make sense?

Lives are based on your score (not your chapter score, your actual score) like in EoSD and MoF. I don't remember the exact numbers at which you get lives, but I think it's 30 million and 70 million.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #547 on: May 12, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
At the end of every chapter a little screen will come up with a score. Your score is based on how many enemies you shot down (in a percentage) and how much graze you got. If you have 100% of enemies shot down and at least 200 graze, you'll get a bomb fragment (you need 5 for a full bomb). Your score is multiplicative; if you have 100% enemies shot down and 200 graze, you get a fragment. If you have 50% enemies shot down and 400 graze, you get a fragment. If you have 75% enemies shot down and 300 graze, you get a fragment. Make sense?

Lives are based on your score (not your chapter score, your actual score) like in EoSD and MoF. I don't remember the exact numbers at which you get lives, but I think it's 30 million and 70 million.

Oh ok thanks! Does getting hit while  Reisen's " bomb barrier " is active reduce score?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

« Reply #548 on: May 12, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »
If you have 75% enemies shot down and 300 graze, you get a fragment.

No you don't) For 75% shot you need 267 graze and for 66.7% shot you need 300 graze.
Also, when fighting boss, shot count will always be 100% (unless you timeout), so getting 200 graze is enough.

« Reply #549 on: May 12, 2015, 04:25:52 PM »
No you don't) For 75% shot you need 267 graze and for 66.7% shot you need 300 graze.
Also, when fighting boss, shot count will always be 100% (unless you timeout), so getting 200 graze is enough.

Oh, my bad ^_^ that's how you get bombs, though.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

« Reply #550 on: May 12, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »
OK, how on Earth are you supposed to survive the laser + aimed bullet fairy section directly before the stage 3 midboss on Lunatic?

That was the one part I was unable to get past without bombing, and I tried many times. Yes I know the lasers are suicide bullets. Still can't do it.

« Reply #551 on: May 12, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »
Actually, there was one time where I got a shot down percentage of 50% when I finished the first midboss battle in stage 1, which confused me, and denied me a bomb piece since I had only gotten 300-something graze there. Unfortunately, I was playing on Pointdevice mode when that happened, so I couldn't save a replay of this. Hmm... Could one of the previous chapter's lingering enemies just before that midboss battle have somehow erroneously counted towards the percentage?

« Reply #552 on: May 12, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »
OK, how on Earth are you supposed to survive the laser + aimed bullet fairy section directly before the stage 3 midboss on Lunatic?

That was the one part I was unable to get past without bombing, and I tried many times. Yes I know the lasers are suicide bullets. Still can't do it.

My solution is hide to hide in the top right corner. It's still hard though.

« Reply #553 on: May 12, 2015, 06:21:31 PM »
I do that already when it's just the laser fairies, but that doesn't work once the aimed fairies come.

« Reply #554 on: May 12, 2015, 06:26:19 PM »
Can you save a replay in PointDevice mode if you make it through without dying, or can you only save replays in Legacy mode?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #555 on: May 12, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »
Can someone decipher the stats at the bottom of the result screen? The only thing that I can understand is playtime, probably, but the other two I don't.

« Reply #556 on: May 12, 2015, 07:48:04 PM »
Can you save a replay in PointDevice mode if you make it through without dying, or can you only save replays in Legacy mode?
I tried that on Easy mode once, and even though I completed Pointdevice without a single retry there, the game still didn't give me the option to save a replay. So, I guess replays are Legacy-only (at least right now).

« Reply #557 on: May 13, 2015, 02:15:35 AM »
I do that already when it's just the laser fairies, but that doesn't work once the aimed fairies come.
what's worse is they aren't actually aimed, they're just shot in your direction, like the yinyangs in UFO stage 6, and it's not like you can pacify with that many enemies on screen, either you run into them or get shot

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #558 on: May 13, 2015, 03:11:00 AM »
So guys I was thinking....  Do you think that what Doremy holds is a...

Yume Nikki?  :V

« Reply #559 on: May 13, 2015, 07:06:26 AM »
This isn't your everyday incident in Gensokyo.

The first 3 games, Touhou 6, 7, and 8 were major incidents. After that, Touhou 9 and on, there weren't major real incidents. I'm guessing this incident feels like the earlier games?

Now all of a sudden they figured out they could travel to the moon by going though the dream world? That's pretty darn convenient... unless Gensokyo's gals have been doing some research into alternative ways to reach the moon since then.

Eientei is on your side this time. Eirin probably told them how to do that.

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #560 on: May 13, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »
Hmm. It seems like big fairies are worth a lot more than popcorn enemies when it comes to the shot down rate. I tested the end of stage 1 on easy mode. I killed the extra fairies and the spirits and left the 4 big fairies alone. I got like ~50% or so.

I wonder what the exact values are.

« Reply #561 on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:52 PM »
The first 3 games, Touhou 6, 7, and 8 were major incidents. After that, Touhou 9 and on, there weren't major real incidents. I'm guessing this incident feels like the earlier games?

Subterranean Animism and Double Dealing Character as well as Hopeless Masquerade and Mountain of Faith were also major incidents.

« Reply #562 on: May 13, 2015, 03:15:03 PM »
Subterranean Animism and Double Dealing Character as well as Hopeless Masquerade and Mountain of Faith were also major incidents.

Mountain of faith wasn't an incident, the only reason Reimu/Marisa fights is because Sanae issued a challenge. Nothing really happened except the Moriyas showing up.

Apparently (according to the ULiL thread) the
Spoiler:
Ultramarine Orb, also known as the Lunar Capital's Occult Ball, has the power to warp you to the moon.
I'm guessing that's how they got there so easily.

« Reply #563 on: May 13, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »
Apparently (according to the ULiL thread) the
Spoiler:
Ultramarine Orb, also known as the Lunar Capital's Occult Ball, has the power to warp you to the moon.
I'm guessing that's how they got there so easily.

No-no, 
Spoiler:
Ultramarine Orb and Lunar Capital's Occult Ball are different things. the former being medicine Eirin gives to player characters, and the latter is a replaced occult ball with stronger power and unclear purpose (yet; we have to wait for full LLK release to find out).[/quote]

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #564 on: May 13, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »
To answer the whole "why they're getting to the moon so easily" question, that's actually because they're making usage of a secret passage through the dream world used by moon rabbits to travel between Earth and the Moon, as Reisen mentions.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #565 on: May 13, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »
No-no, 
Spoiler:
Ultramarine Orb and Lunar Capital's Occult Ball are different things. the former being medicine Eirin gives to player characters, and the latter is a replaced occult ball with stronger power and unclear purpose (yet; we have to wait for full LLK release to find out).
ULiL explains
Spoiler:
what the occult balls do in general, so it's pretty obvious that the Lunar Capital power stone would connect to the Lunar Capital, or break its barrier or something.

« Reply #566 on: May 13, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »
ULiL explains
Spoiler:
what the occult balls do in general, so it's pretty obvious that the Lunar Capital power stone would connect to the Lunar Capital, or break its barrier or something.

Spoiler:
ULiL also explains that Lunar Capital ball is special. Marisa even investigates it in LLK. May be (or even likely) there is much more to it then we can guess now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:40:41 PM by Valar »

« Reply #567 on: May 14, 2015, 05:50:39 AM »

No, not really. Subterranean Animism was going to end without issue anyway, even if Reimu and co. did not travel down to investigate. Orin caused a ruckus because she feared that the Oni would punish Okuu if Okuu is going to try something funny.

Nothing in Double Dealing Character was going to vastly affect humans. Their weapons went out of control for a bit. I don't see how that is a major incident.

Hopeless Masquerade, yes, that is a major incident. Since not fixing Kokoro means village is doomed.

Mountain of Faith is already mentioned.

Now, Urban Legend in Limbo, seems like it is scaling to be a major incident.

Edit: *Now, Urban Legend in Limbo, seems like it is scaling to be a major incident.
Wrong game name, it should be Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, hopefully it was understood from context.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:34:38 AM by Starxsword »

« Reply #568 on: May 14, 2015, 08:01:57 AM »
Nothing in Double Dealing Character was going to vastly affect humans. Their weapons went out of control for a bit. I don't see how that is a major incident.

Indeed, Akyuu didn't even notice it. Well, she noticed some tsukumogami but didn't realize it was anything more than that.

« Reply #569 on: May 14, 2015, 09:13:06 AM »
So about Ringo.

Ringo = Apple
Ringo's Theme = Pumpkin of September / September Pumpkin
Ringo's Ability = Growing in strength by eating Dango
Ringo's Title = The Orange Eagle Ravi

A lot of round food themes going with this one! And she only uses round bullets in her danmaku (IIRC).

Yeah I just thought that this was pretty funny. She'll probably be portrayed as a lazy glutton in the fandom.