Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347795 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »
Well, Reimu did recently split a person's head in two with her gohei in Forbidden Scrollery (on-panel, no less), so maybe ZUN finally wants to introduce some gore into the franchise.
For instance, it's not like we ever saw a human being actually eaten by a youkai, despite it being an extremely recurring motif in the series. The only thing that comes to mind are those humans in HM opening being shown dead, shot with arrows and possbily cleaved in half and whatever the hell happened to those lone faces (decapitated/buried alive?).

« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
Well, Reimu did recently split a person's head in two with her gohei in Forbidden Scrollery (on-panel, no less), so maybe ZUN finally wants to introduce some gore into the franchise.

It was a youkai, and he was already dead (technically), so it's more like exorcising a ghost.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »
Remilia was introduced as "the Scarlet Devil", so named because she's a messy eater with bloodstained clothes. Also, it's sort of implied that she's shooting blood at you as her danmaku (confirmed in Grimoire of Marisa). Also, Sakuya theme is "The Maid and Blood-splattered pocketwatch", she's got a serial killer thing in her spellcards, and its implied that she kills people to feed to her vampire masters. And there's no need to mention everyone talking about eating people all the time.

EoSD was a pretty dark game. Now, it was all treated as a joke and some of it retconned in later games, but I don't see any reason fr this game not to be equally dark.
Fair point about EoSD, but at the same time it's really hard to talk about vampires without referencing blood. And there was no visual blood shown in the game either. The serial killer thing with Sakuya MIGHT just be clever references, people often read too deep into a lot of things. The references ARE there, but nothing visual. It's a rather big step to visually depict this kind of stuff IMO.

Not saying that it's not possible at all that it's blood, but I'm just skeptical. It would probably also be just like ZUN to make it look like blood only to show later that it isn't.

« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »
The references ARE there, but nothing visual. It's a rather big step to visually depict this kind of stuff IMO.

Not saying that it's not possible at all that it's blood, but I'm just skeptical. It would probably also be just like ZUN to make it look like blood only to show later that it isn't.

As I said, Remilia's danmaku is blood. She's shooting blood at you, and blood is flying all over the screen. It's just a limitation of the graphics that they look like ordinary red bullets.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »
There is visible bleeding in EoSD. In Sakuya's defeat portrait, she has the player character's blood on her knives. Both Sakuya and Flandre's defeat portraits have red crosshatches on their skins, which in this case should be a visual shorthand symbolizing skin scratches.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:50:13 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2015, 04:53:54 PM »
Maybe that moon rabbit is actually a killer, and was banished on the Earth for this? Those rabbits are almost used as slaves after all, and if ZUN is connecting DDC and LoLK like he did from MoF to TD, maybe the Miracle Mallet's influence made it to the moon, making rabbits go crazy and try a rebellion.

ExPorygon

« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »
As I said, Remilia's danmaku is blood. She's shooting blood at you, and blood is flying all over the screen. It's just a limitation of the graphics that they look like ordinary red bullets.
Sorry, I must have glanced past that part of your post. I actually did not know that little trivia about her danmaku. It probably was graphical limitations, but Remilia's reappearance in ISC didn't have her using any visually different bullets there either, though I just realized that's probably due to the fact that it'd be a pain to make unique bullets for a character with only a few attacks. I still think there is a gap between SHOWING that it's blood and TELLING that it's blood.

There is visible bleeding in EoSD. In Sakuya's defeat portrait, she has the player character's blood on her knives. Both Sakuya and Flandre's defeat portraits have red crosshatches on their skins, which in this case should be a visual shorthand symbolizing skin scratches.
This I was not aware of at all. There are so many little nuances I just don't notice. The blood on the knife actually makes me think it's far more likely for it to be blood on the new character after all.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2015, 05:04:44 PM »
Let's not kid ourselves. It's blood.
Or paint. Or mochi. Very colorful mochi. Besides, according to Reimu in WaHH, youkai don't leave body parts when they die but they simply vanish, so it'd be weird to have blood from some otherworldly being (assuming no humans would have been conveniently pounded in the way meeting the heroines)

At any rate, besides Marisa's injury in WaHH and Kokoro's splatter-ish LW, or some scratches in EoSD, there's hardly any VERY graphic depiction of blood, and the other darker parts of the setting are merely allusions. Maybe the blood-like pattern has been put there by the rabbit for fun, which follow more the prank-ish behavior of the rabbits and the games's light hearted tone.

Canon aside, if this character manages to kick open the dams that'll let loose torrents of rabbits pairings, I'll be very satisfied  :V

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2015, 07:10:57 PM »
Hello rabbit Seiga.
Funny that you say that, because this can be stretched to actually make some logical flow to back the claim that Seiga is really no different from the moon rabbit. 
Seiga mentioned that she was trained in making the elixir of immortality (錬丹).  The Chinese legend which basically started "rabbit lives on the moon" meme introduces Chang'e who made the rabbits make the same elixir of immortality for her to live forever on the moon.  So what moon rabbits are pounding are actually the elixir of immortality.  Pounding mochi is just the earthly variant that don't bother with the idea of wanting to live forever by common folks.  I see no reason why Seiga is wearing bunny ears to be capable of making elixir of immortality.

Also, 丹 from 錬丹 contains the meaning of red, which hints that the elixir of immortality was "red pills".  The reason for redness is because the main ingredient for practicing the art of making elixir of immortality was mercury, commonly available back then as Cinnabar (HgS).  So the hammer is red because the rabbit was pounding cinnabar, or she was really making a bloody mess (they are at war after all)...

Phantasmal

• I'm good at breaking the forum rules on accident..
« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »
Oh no! Blood! What ever will we do?!

Guys, honestly, you shouldn't care this much about a simple little blood splatter in some instances. I just don't want to see hardcore gore anywhere.
But back on the subject of LoLK, I really want to know how Reisen will play as a character. Anyone have any information? Her bomb might be something like MoF's bomb, I feel. Powerful and handy,  but hard to execute right next to the boss.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »
I'm really liking this! I like the new character's design and we will probably get loads of fanart about her with the Eientei's crew.  :3

Anyway, I hope we will get confirmation if the stains on her hammer is really blood or just coloring or something else when the demo get released. I remember we had no confirmation if Byakuren's hair was really gradient or if that was just the light from her scroll or whatever else until much later. Hopefully there won't be a similar case here.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:47:45 PM by Maiden Synnae ミ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

ExPorygon

« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2015, 08:09:45 PM »
Or paint. Or mochi. Very colorful mochi. Besides, according to Reimu in WaHH, youkai don't leave body parts when they die but they simply vanish, so it'd be weird to have blood from some otherworldly being (assuming no humans would have been conveniently pounded in the way meeting the heroines)

At any rate, besides Marisa's injury in WaHH and Kokoro's splatter-ish LW, or some scratches in EoSD, there's hardly any VERY graphic depiction of blood, and the other darker parts of the setting are merely allusions. Maybe the blood-like pattern has been put there by the rabbit for fun, which follow more the prank-ish behavior of the rabbits and the games's light hearted tone.

Canon aside, if this character manages to kick open the dams that'll let loose torrents of rabbits pairings, I'll be very satisfied  :V

This is pretty much what I was trying to say, there's very little precedent to this for the most part.
Oh no! Blood! What ever will we do?!

Guys, honestly, you shouldn't care this much about a simple little blood splatter in some instances. I just don't want to see hardcore gore anywhere.
I really don't care, I just said that I doubt that it's actually blood. That and I like these kinds of discussions.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2015, 09:20:46 PM »
I thought moon bunnies all had lilac hair
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

cuc

« Reply #283 on: May 09, 2015, 01:48:06 AM »
Also, 丹 from 錬丹 contains the meaning of red, which hints that the elixir of immortality was "red pills".  The reason for redness is because the main ingredient for practicing the art of making elixir of immortality was mercury, commonly available back then as Cinnabar (HgS).  So the hammer is red because the rabbit was pounding cinnabar, or she was really making a bloody mess (they are at war after all)...
Cinnabar (硃砂), that's a good point. ZUN loves throwing curveballs.

Itsuari suggested that the red stain can come from pounding benimochi, a process in making red dye from safflower (article about the process).

For that matter, safflower is also used to make rouge in traditional Sinosphere culture.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:49:46 AM by cuc »

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #284 on: May 09, 2015, 01:58:31 AM »
 https://twitter.com/korindo/status/596853534487805952

I hope you guys can grab your copy, fresh from the brewery of the head priest.

cuc

« Reply #285 on: May 09, 2015, 02:02:43 AM »
Well then—, burn like there's no tomorrow—
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:32:15 AM by cuc »

cuc

« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2015, 02:16:25 AM »

Seriously, I had no idea CD-burning farms are a thing.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #288 on: May 09, 2015, 03:54:33 AM »
so it'd be weird to have blood from some otherworldly being
Doesn't mean they're not capable of bleeding, though.

« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2015, 04:02:54 AM »
I think it'd be weirder if they didn't bleed.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2015, 04:45:30 AM »
https://twitter.com/korindo/status/596853534487805952

I hope you guys can grab your copy, fresh from the brewery of the head priest.

ZUN looks really happy in the picture for a guy who's probably going to be burning a hell of a ton of CDs over the next day or so in preparation. :V
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2015, 05:15:54 AM »
That's A LOT of CDBurners ZUN has there. Talk about a tight schedule!  :o
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:17:28 AM by Kageshirou »

« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »
Day 0 fanart should come as no surprise.

check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

cuc

« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2015, 01:58:29 PM »
At 5:14 PM JST:
ZUN posted a photo.
The disc-burning went off without a hitch. Please take care tomorrow. I've already begun drinking now.

ZUN: It's been a long while since I last do something so doujin-ish, using my own hands. Gives me a strong sense of accomplishment. So strong that I'd be content even if I don't go to Reitaisai tomorrow.

« Reply #294 on: May 09, 2015, 02:23:40 PM »
Oh ZUN...never change you crazy genius you!

Wolfolotl

• magical
  • ooooOOOOOOooo
« Reply #295 on: May 09, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »
I kind of want to nickname this new rabbit Ice Cream
:3c

« Reply #296 on: May 09, 2015, 09:58:27 PM »
There's also that one fanartist, Ao Usagi ...

cuc

« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2015, 01:24:15 AM »
It begins (soon)! Only one copy each person at the start.
https://twitter.com/korindo/status/597209924569997312
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:35:13 AM by cuc »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2015, 01:58:51 AM »
And within hours, we'll have nico streams, screenshots, and troll tweets (that aren't actually about the games)

Get HYPE

Phantasmal

• I'm good at breaking the forum rules on accident..
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2015, 02:12:00 AM »
@Mino
OMG. Your profile pic. IT'S YONA!!!
I thought I was the only one who watched that!