Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347825 times)

Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2015, 11:29:42 PM »
As a reminder, Chang'e is confirmed from SSiB to canonically exist in Touhou, and Chang'e isn't her real name. (Eirin's real name isn't Eirin either. Her last name is legit, though)
She appears in SSiB? Where?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2015, 11:44:31 PM »
I think she was referenced either in SSiB itself, or in CiLR, probably the latter. It's been a looong time since I've read SSiB, so I forget, and I never fully read CiLR.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2015, 11:50:05 PM »
Here you go

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2015, 12:24:26 AM »
Ohh riiight... wait, so if Chang'e is imprisoned on the moon, if the game is possibly about Chang'e, then... oh god, did she escape and make it to Gensokyo? That'd be interesting, but I'm just wondering what that'll mean in regards to any Lunarian reactions.

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2015, 12:25:46 AM »
FINALLY he is making a Water-themed Touhou game!

People have been making Marine Benefit haoxes for so long now. Finally it is time to get wet!

New Touhou also makes my pants wet. ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2015, 12:32:43 AM »
But

But it's about the moon  ???

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2015, 12:40:36 AM »
FINALLY he is making a Water-themed Touhou game!

Dude, I was kidding about the kayak paddles ...

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2015, 01:02:34 AM »

I'm curious about this screenshot. Here we see Sanae shooting Kanako's snakes, like she does in UFO as SanaeA. However, the explosion around her is the startup of her Wily Toad spellcard, which in UFO was attached to SanaeB. Does this mean that we're gonna see shottypes merged together like in Ten Desires? It'd make sense, what with there being 4 different characters and all.

Drake

« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2015, 01:12:25 AM »
It says so in the player select screenshot, so yes.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2015, 01:27:51 AM »
I'm fully onboard for playable Reisen, along with whatever system changes ZUN has in store. I'm hoping this will give the game a freshness this series (imo) has needed for a good bit now.

UTW

« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:50 AM »
There are a few dangling threads left over from Bougetsushou and Symposium so I hope ZUN addresses that stuff. I'd love to see the Watatsukis come back, too, but of course I know they're not the most beloved.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2015, 01:55:45 AM »
Uh... okay. I'm curious about these new mechanics, when I saw loops being mentioned I immediately thought of actual shmup loops so I look forward to what this game does in terms of gameplay, and playable Reisen is nice I think (new non-Reimu/Marisa options are always welcome, and it means playable Futo/Orin might happen eventually in a shmup!)
I'm feeling kind of iffy about the looks of the game though, colors are all over the place, it's probably just fine I dunno, but something about these screens just feels wrong...

also
>LoLK
lol

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2015, 02:06:00 AM »
also
>LoLK
lol

Oh hey I wasn't the only one who noticed. :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2015, 02:12:41 AM »
colors are all over the place

The main colors are variations of gold, maroon, and purple. These all overlap just fine. The pattern is pretty busy, though, which might make these colors seem especially pointed, but they do go together. Like, if someone was wearing a shirt of three solid bars of gold, maroon and purple ... not too shabby. Make those colors into a plaid pattern, though, and suddenly it's garish. So I think ZUN might have gone a little overboard with the busybusy whorls and curves and designs here, sure.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2015, 03:01:33 AM »
also
>LoLK
lol

I'm really glad there's "Kingdom" on the title, otherwise it'd be shortened to just LoL :V

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Formless God

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:33 AM »
All ranged shots this time? Good. I hope we never, ever get shitty melee types again.

Also THANKS for that frame. It isn't like I need to look at the Enemy sign or anything.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2015, 03:48:45 AM »
ZUN noted in the announcement that the screenshots reflect a work in progress, so stuff could even be changed up to the release of the demo.

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2015, 04:32:32 AM »
This has probably been pointed out, but Reimu's ribbon in the title screen resembles bunny ears somewhat. How cute.

I think the colours are okay, though the orange stands out a bit and the coupling of the patterns and lotus/logo make it seem busy and almost draw attention away from the game screen.  As it's still in progress the graphics can't be expected to be fine-tuned just yet, though.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2015, 05:21:48 AM »
(Eirin's real name isn't Eirin either. Her last name is legit, though)
It's because we're too impure to pronounce her actual name. Damn filthy earthlings! :V
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:25:15 AM by Flandre5carlet »

Phantasmal

• I'm good at breaking the forum rules on accident..
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2015, 06:02:23 AM »
 :o
 :]
Z0mg! Touhou 15!! Hopefully it's going to be something special, but please, no
Subterranean Animism density.
 I'm really excited about Reisen being playable. She was always one of my favorites.
It makes you wonder though, how will playing as Reisen differ from the other characters?

I can't imagine how the bomb spellcard will work, since she's not a boss.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2015, 06:28:14 AM »
You've got to be the only person I've seen so far who reacted negatively, lol. I like Youmu a lot, but no Youmu is fine by me if we get Reisen instead - at least, it's not just Reimu, Marisa and Sanae. That would have been boring. Hell, it introduces a new playable character in main games, even better than Youmu or Sakuya again. Youmu has already been playable in a main game before afterall. If anything, Reimu, Marisa, Reisen and Youmu/Sakuya would have been nice.
As for experimenting, the way he announces it sounds to me like he'll massively alter the gameplay, unlike other main games. Could be good or bad (hopefully good, of course), but only time will tell. DDC was a disappointment, but it certainly wasn't because of experimentation.

I know plenty of people who reacted negatively though.

Reisen being a good substitute for Youmu would imply that Reisen = Youmu which is just wrong wrong wrong. Youmu is perfection personified! the game has to be really good for me to consider playing it without Youmu in it. And I really don't care about distributing playability evenly among the girls. Reimu and Marisa are of course a given, but if it was me, Youmu would be in every game. Reisen on the other hand is pretty meh, if you ask me. The same goes for Sanny.

ZUN experiments have shown not to do well with games like ISC and DDC (both of which were bad for more than just experimentation, I admit, but it was definitely a part of it). The last really good game he made was GFW and that was in 2012 I believe, so I'm very doubtful about this game when he declares he's gonna revamp things.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2015, 06:43:55 AM »
Speaking of which, TH5 already broke that pattern...
I think the general consensus is that Touhou 6 is a new start with new established rules, so everything before that no longer counts.

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2015, 06:49:19 AM »
ZUN experiments have shown not to do well with games like ISC and DDC (both of which were bad for more than just experimentation, I admit, but it was definitely a part of it). The last really good game he made was GFW and that was in 2012 I believe, so I'm very doubtful about this game when he declares he's gonna revamp things.

Except Great Fairy Wars experimented with the gameplay far more than Double Dealing Character did (and the Shoot the Bullet games were further from being standard shooters than Impossible Spell Card was), so by that metric what you want is more experimentation, not less.

As for the UI, I don't like it, but I also seriously doubt that I'll notice it while playing the game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:57:54 AM by notext »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2015, 06:57:07 AM »
Slight OT:  I am pretty sure that having negative opinions is allowed as long as they are proper explained. Just because it is Touhou 15 or Reisen playable, doesn't mean everybody has to agree. Sakuya fans will have similar responses and so on.

Personally I don't care much about the playable command but more about the game looks / playability. I personally own the games like Impossible Spell Card, but never actually finished them. I did always play through the Shmup versions. While 10D and DDC were enjoyable on their own, I still personally also think up to UFO they were enjoyable and post UFO it became bit iffy.

@notext, Fairy wars and such are for me not considered as the main-game, because they are side games/story. Doesn't matter how they experiment but the main games have to be solid. I honestly didn't like the fragment system for bombs and lives in DDC.

Of course we're just basing our opinions on speculations. The demo means nothing for now  as ZUN is trying a daring experiment. He could well ditch it after the demo and do something else. Though usually ZUN goes through with something regardless how the opinions are. As long as the story is sound, I guess that works.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:06:20 AM by Helepolis »

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2015, 07:00:29 AM »
All the hype has been gathered inside me. Reisen might be one of those characters, whose existence I keep forgetting but actually like quite a lot everytime she's around. Game looks great so far from the few screenshots we have, but as those are very likely to still change, it's hard to say much about them.

• I really love Reimus new hairstyle and the pose she strikes in the second to last shot.
  • I can't unsee Flandres silhouette in the picture of the spell card - in all four corners no less. Now you won't either.
  • I wonder if this game will have anything to do with the moon at all or if we are led astray. Lunatic =/= Lunar, Kingdom =/= Capital. Reisen is a good indicator that the moon is involved, but Youmu was also a good indicator for more ghosts in TD as well... Maybe we are just going somewhere craaazy? The colors would be good indicator, if anything. And ... Reisen fit's crazy quite well, too. She is the Lunatic Moon Rabbit after all (not Lunar)
  • Actually, the game has Lunatic right in the name, so that's probably the only real difficulty. If you choose easy, normal or hard, your lifes get disable. (LoLJK)
  • Is this really breaking any traditions, btw? I think I read somewhere that Moon Rabbits and Lunarians in general weren't Youkai but just the "humans" of the moon. Can't source it right now, but I'm pretty sure. Also, we all know Reisens ears are just accessories and not real bunny ears, right? Anyway, still an all-human-ish cast? Surely not more tradition breaking than having Youmu in TD.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:54 AM »
Except Great Fairy Wars experimented with the gameplay far more than Double Dealing Character did (and the Shoot the Bullet games were further from being standard shooters than Impossible Spell Card was), so by that metric what you want is more experimentation, not less.

As for the UI, I don't like it, but I also seriously doubt that I'll notice it while playing the game.

With ZUN's recent trends, the stage 5 boss is going to shoot invisible bullets. I'm trying, but I just can't be hopeful for the game. ZUN used to be good with experimentation, having good ideas and he knew how to implement them well, but I haven't seen anything like that in TD, DDC or ISC. Or UFO too, actually. MoF and SA were okay, but not great.

When is old-school touhou coming back?!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2015, 07:32:28 AM »
I don't think we're going to have old-school straight forward Touhou with scoring mechanics (PCB?).

Just like how ZUN also has changed the power system from plain 128/Full to 1.00 ~ 4.00 where I believe the damage output is at minimum difference per 'barrier'. I remember myself when I try-hard play IN, being at < Max was noticeable increase in Spell card durations. (Bombing in MoF, lol).

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2015, 07:39:51 AM »
I can't say much in terms of how enjoyable a game is to some people, mostly because I'm poor at gauging the enjoyability of a game, particularly shmups, which I just sort of enjoy regardless (the only Touhou shmup I don't enjoy is UFO because while the danmaku can be enjoyable, the UFO gimmick sort of makes what on its own is a decent challenge into an annoyance to play, but that's my own opinion and I know some people probably thought UFO was the best thing ever, so eh). The only kind of thing that makes me cringe are things like:

Reisen being a good substitute for Youmu would imply that Reisen = Youmu which is just wrong wrong wrong. Youmu is perfection personified! the game has to be really good for me to consider playing it without Youmu in it. And I really don't care about distributing playability evenly among the girls. Reimu and Marisa are of course a given, but if it was me, Youmu would be in every game. Reisen on the other hand is pretty meh, if you ask me. The same goes for Sanny.

Like this sounds more like a troll thing than anything. The selection of playable characters has barely anything to do with the quality of the game unless you are that diehard of a fan of certain characters (and I'll be honest, the Youmu shottype in TD was okayish at best, but I'd rather use Reimu or Sanae if I were playing TD, even her IN appearance was better (actually she was really good in IN if you were good at using her)). And if so, okay? Hearing this being said as if it were a legitimate measure of game design kind of doesn't sit well with me, though.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2015, 07:42:39 AM »
Now that it was mentioned, as much as I like her, I'm not the least bit upset that Sakuya dropped out. I mean, just look at her shottypes in DDC. One is broken, the other is useless. I do remember ZUN saying he can't think of a good way to show her ability in her shottype, even before DDC. So if it means someone more balanced gets a place in the roster, I'm all for it.

(Also,I shuddered when I saw "Youmu-like gimmick" mentioned.)