Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 348003 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »
"Interrupt data" is used whenever you have a saved game in progress available, so it seems like you won't have to start from the beginning each session. Either the game will be longer or there will be some other need for it.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 02:55:31 PM »
Jumping on the hype train for Reisen. I just hope she isn't a joke character.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »
Playable Reisen? Oh man, I think this is the first time in a couple of years that I've been even a little bit excited about a new Touhou game.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 03:18:09 PM »
"Interrupt data" is used whenever you have a saved game in progress available, so it seems like you won't have to start from the beginning each session. Either the game will be longer or there will be some other need for it.
Hmm, the game seems to have an "experiencing past and future"theme... perhaps there'll be time loops.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »
Hmm, the game seems to have an "experiencing past and future"theme... perhaps there'll be time loops.
Please God.
I will write all the fanfic.

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »
I hope there is a Gladiators-style paddle battle mini-game.
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »

Okay, last one, I swear.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Jumping on the hype train for Reisen. I just hope she isn't a joke character.

She better not be. She's already enough of a joke in most fanworks and fanon. >:I

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »
Wait wait wait wait.
So this is the big thing?
WHELP HERE WE GO NEW MAIN SHOOTER ALL SYSTEMS SET TO BLAZING STAR GO GO GO
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2015, 03:45:32 PM »
Woow, this was quite a surprise. Is it me or the art gets more stylish for each new game? Anyway I wonder what changes made ZUN to the gameplay, I'm looking forward to challenges, I remember I played DDC for like two months until I unlocked all the extras and spell cards. This could get really interesting story-wise too if we take into account the name of the game, I wonder if we will go to the capital or something!

Also playble Reisen and Sanae! Yes! I'm glad to see Sanae back but Reisen is quite a surprise, first time we see a youkai alone trying to solve an incident anyway I'm kinda happy this doesn't turned out to be a Phantasmagoria, I think Phantasmagorias are cool and all but are easily forgetable

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2015, 03:58:29 PM »
ZUN sure is taking risks here:
- First time a full youkai being playable in the main (full numbered) series that isn't a partner to an at-least-part-human
- If he really introduces a save system (still waiting to see what that "Interrupt Save Detected" thing is about) of any sort, it will likely annoy some of the fanbase. Although I suspect it is another form of continues.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2015, 04:01:29 PM »
it will likely annoy some of the fanbase

On the bright side, this could be said about literally any new thing ZUN introduces to the series.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »
Wonder if ZUN's gonna destroy any headcanons again this time. :V

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »
On the bright side, this could be said about literally any new thing ZUN introduces to the series.

Indeed, and I really love how that doesn't stop him (at all) from trying new and weird stuff

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »
Or even, re-utilizing the old? Saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was hilarious. (Click for bigger)

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »
If the storyline really does involve something to do with the moon, it's too bad Sakuya isn't a playable character.  Would be nice to get some clarification on that whole Lunarian thing with her. (of course, there's always the chance such a thing doesn't actually exist in the first place)

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
About time-loops:
I doubt there will be something like this. My guess is that Eirin's medicine revealed that the Lunarians where planning some sort of attack against humans and youkai (Maybe to get revenge about Yukari fooling them in CiLR and SSiB?), and sent Reisen to do something aout it.

I hope there will be at least one of the Watatsuki. If not Yorihime (too strong, cheater, etc), at least Toyohime. As the Phantasm Boss perhaps.
Not because i like them a lot, but given their positions, they are more or less Yukari and Reimu's equivalent on the Moon. And because Reisen was their pet.

Also, first Mokou in ULiL, now Reisen. ZUN is really bringing pre-MoF characters back. I'm happy.
Full-power Letty and EX-Rumia when :V

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2015, 04:36:55 PM »
Or even, re-utilizing the old? Saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was hilarious. (Click for bigger)

<snipped image>

Suuuurely there is a reason for that?

I thought maybe the 紺珠 shares some themes with Hijiri but my searches in Chinese wikis and Chinese historical texts doesn't show anything except maybe "Something long ago forgotten has come about" like how Hijiri come out after being sealed for so long and her certain spellcard that a lot of us remembered from long ago....

... Perhaps ZUN is going to put in something that he forgot to put in TH12?  :V
Doesn't seem to go along with the Lunar theme though

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2015, 04:42:23 PM »
The news made my day. This probably won't rekindle my shmupping drive, but things will be interesting in many ways, that's for sure.

Jumping on the Reisen hype as well. Her previous playable appearances didn't do her justice. Here's for hoping that we'll see her shine here. Her (not so) recent manga appearance showed that it's very much possible.

But you know what I'm waiting for the most? Music. More recent entries were all awesome, it's safe to say that ZUN won't disappoint.

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2015, 04:51:02 PM »
hey since the japanese title references a chinese artifact and the game seems to be about the moon

chang'e, anyone

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2015, 04:54:28 PM »
In some screenshots, bullets within a radius around the player character turns orange.

Has this been pointed out?
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »
New Touhou game ?! New mechanism ?!!! PLAYABLE REISEN ?!!!!! *drools* When it comes to games in general, I am fine with the ones with simple mechanism but elaborate ones makes me curious too, I'll be looking forward to what this'll have that the older games don't have. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this (Maybe Reisen is gonna have some Youmu-like gimmick)

With this we also get to see that ZUN is totally fine with breaking traditions (bye bye "patterns" theory) and is really, really fond of the moon related things
Going off the previous point, there's a decent chance that the Watatsuki sisters will be featured.
This seems like a great occasion to do so, ZUN more or less mentionned that they don't get enough interraction with other characters and are, in all honesty, not very memorable. I don't quite buy the "Watatsuki too overpowered --> no game for them", because Yorihime pretty much did nothing else but bomb spamming in SSiB. It'll be awesome to see them in this game IF ZUN'll plan to, but introducing a more new characters works fine too

Also, poor Sakuya lol

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »
On fanon news: People on twitter / pixiv are going crazy with Reisen's announcement.

From mocking artwork to "Really, am I playable" type of display.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=49979857
https://twitter.com/2w_a7/status/590870860145119233

Even jojo parodies: https://twitter.com/jiba_tenko/status/590866772586139648
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:08:56 PM by Helepolis »

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »
Bearing in mind 13 had little to do with ghosts, and 12 had nothing at all to do with aliens, I wonder if 15 will have the same kind of sting in the (fluffy) tail.
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »
Just had a thought, can't be the first  :

"Udongun"

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2015, 05:14:40 PM »
Byakuren for Extra Stage. Pls make it happen.

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »
Wow,this day finally came!
Can't wait to see the new plot
I'm too excited to sleep right now
Hopefully the new system will bring us even more surprise and joy!

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
In some screenshots, bullets within a radius around the player character turns orange.

Has this been pointed out?

Nope, I guess.

The one with Reimu, huh? Doesn't seem to be the bullet behavior that's affected by range, so maybe it's the type that activates when you get close?
Or is that the game's gimmick?
Btw, those altered bullets look like carrots

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2015, 05:25:59 PM »
No Phantasmagoria? :(

The danmaku looks too DDC-alike either, which I didn't really enjoy.

Still, a standard danmaku game is really good news either way, and with Sanae back and Reisen playable? Even better!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2015, 05:29:35 PM »
Oh boy oh boy oh boy playable Reisen!! Such lovely news~! ❤ ❤ ❤

I'm really, really excited for the game. ^^ This will be a good Reitaisai. We'll be getting both the full version of a fighter along with the demo of a main game. Just like how it happened in 2013. I still have fond memories of that year~  :3

Sweetness and love~ ♥