Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347526 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #600 on: May 15, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »
The uprising that was being mentioned in SSiB I thought was the rumors that Eirin spread purposefully, or something.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #601 on: May 15, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
Yorihime/Toyohime aren't going to be characters that we fight against in this game, main game or extra. A supposed "madman" is behind the incident on the moon so I call it that it's an entirely new character. Yorihime/Toyohime will most likely congratulate the heroine in their endings for helping overthrow the revolution on the moon and the madman will probably get banished to Gensokyo or something.

Well, if they do show up, which ultimately I believe is unlikely, it would almost certainly be in Extra. And Extra, by definition, has nothing to do with the plot of the game. So you can't use the plot as an argument against them showing up in Extra.

The uprising that was being mentioned in SSiB I thought was the rumors that Eirin spread purposefully, or something.

Yes, that was part of Eirin's plan. She asked Reisen to ask the other rabbits about the rumors of the uprising, which created rumors of an uprising because that's how rumors work.

« Reply #602 on: May 16, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »
So who is your preferred shottype in this game, people?

I tried Reisen and TBH I did not quite liked her shot. The bombs seem usefull until you realize they make your hitbox big as hell...

Tried Sanae and I found her shot pretty cool and usefull... it makes certain stage sections really simple. Good bomb, as always.

Haven't bothered with Reimu/Marisa because quite honestly they are probably just the same as always... pretty boring...lol.

« Reply #603 on: May 16, 2015, 12:42:00 AM »
Does anyone else get the feeling Kaguya is gonna be in this game?

« Reply #604 on: May 16, 2015, 12:45:26 AM »
Sanae is probably the best shot. She's the only one with homing while focused, which is important when the patterns are so dense force you to move around, and she's got the best spread shot while unfocused too.

« Reply #605 on: May 16, 2015, 01:07:06 AM »
So who is your preferred shottype in this game, people?

I tried Reisen and TBH I did not quite liked her shot. The bombs seem usefull until you realize they make your hitbox big as hell...

Tried Sanae and I found her shot pretty cool and usefull... it makes certain stage sections really simple. Good bomb, as always.

Haven't bothered with Reimu/Marisa because quite honestly they are probably just the same as always... pretty boring...lol.

About Reimu and Marisa, Homing Talisman, Exorcism Needle, Illusion Laser and Magic Napalm are getting really old, Zun should make another shot type for both of them for Touhou 16.

Sanae is great for point accumulation as well, since she can beat enemy's in certain sections namely a part in stage 2 and 3 where they appear from the top of the screen, also her Spellcard, is the only one who allows grazing while active.

Reisen i think is more the risk-reward type specially when it comes to scoring.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #606 on: May 16, 2015, 01:13:48 AM »
If it were something as obvious as Chang'e, she's does have a husband called Houyi (with the first "Hou" written the same as in "Hourai"), who is an integral part of the Chang'e tale.
Not really. "Houyi" is a transliteration of mandarin Chinese. The name is written 后羿, or simply 羿 (后 basically means "lord" here, and would later become the word for "queen"). "Hourai" is a transliteration of modern Japanese 蓬莱, which would be "Penglai" in mandarin.

Now if we are on this topic, another famous Chinese legend tells us about Wu Gang, a man receives a Sisyphean divine punishment: forever cutting down a self-healing osmanthus tree in the moon. Japanese folklore has adopted him as "Katsura-Otoko", the katsura tree-cutting man.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
« Reply #607 on: May 16, 2015, 03:56:59 AM »
I was thinking of something that could have been fun. I think a team gameplay like in Imperishable Night could have fit this game perfectly. To further elaborate, lets say you get to play as Reimu, Sanae, Marisa and Reisen at the same time in which you could switch characters and their shoot-types similar on how Marisa-Patchouli worked on SA, as they all get to interact during boss fights. Or perhaps a gimmick similar to Marine benefit extra stage in which the protagonists came to aid you on the last spell.

To be honest, since this is a major incident and your life is at danger, it doesn't feel right for them to solve it individually.

« Reply #608 on: May 16, 2015, 08:10:31 AM »
I was thinking of something that could have been fun. I think a team gameplay like in Imperishable Night could have fit this game perfectly. To further elaborate, lets say you get to play as Reimu, Sanae, Marisa and Reisen at the same time in which you could switch characters and their shoot-types similar on how Marisa-Patchouli worked on SA, as they all get to interact during boss fights. Or perhaps a gimmick similar to Marine benefit extra stage in which the protagonists came to aid you on the last spell.

To be honest, since this is a major incident and your life is at danger, it doesn't feel right for them to solve it individually.

Agreed. Though maybe the plot won't be as '' obvious '' as it seems to be and will take a goofy/unexpected turn in the end, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I'm super satisfied with the music at the moment. The stage themes seem to overshadow the boss themes a little though, but that's fine! And it's pretty sweet if you let the title theme build up, it sounds like an stage 6 boss theme!

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #609 on: May 16, 2015, 08:24:30 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYeu2DZLkC0
So i found a bombless Grazing thing on the first Mid-Boss phase of Seiran on Normal. Probaly not the best for Scoring or maybe still a bit too careful made.
Still a bit under investigation.

« Reply #610 on: May 16, 2015, 08:27:12 AM »
For example, you manage to 1CC the game on pointdevice mode... but because you have tainted yourself with the ultramarine orb medicine that Eirin gave you to achieve your 1CC, the stage 6 boss could say something like "you are unworthy to face me in my truest form, impure one" when you beat her and you get a normal happy ending.

You suggestion would only make sense if it isn't a 1 Credit Continue. Getting hit even once is considered a flaw. That is the whole reason why you have the Point Device mode, so you can beat the game without getting hit once.

Now, if you were to 1CC the game in Legacy mode in normal difficulty or above, you can prove to the one that is behind the moon invasion that you are a pure being just like they are that douse not need special medicine to stand up against the lunar defenses. Once you beat the regular stage 6 boss, the boss character will recognize your skill and/or "purity" and decide to unleash her "purest" form.

In order to do what you suggest, the player would have to beat the game without getting hit once. Such a mode for an extra ending seems pretty hardcore.

To be honest, I doubt it's either of those pairs, if it's gonna be a pair to begin with. They seem too obvious and deity-like. You didn't fight the Buddha in UFO, either, even if people could've guessed that based on the TH12 demo.

But you fought a god of the highest tier (Eirin), whose students were Yorihime and Toyohime. So, there is already precedence.

Yorihime/Toyohime aren't going to be characters that we fight against in this game, main game or extra.

As Clarste has mentioned, extra is unrelated to the plot, so it wouldn't matter.

That said, they could also be a candidate for stage 4.

Ultimately, it is unlikely for these two to be fighting the protagonists, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

They are using the Point Device, so that argument is invalid. It is still possible that they are solving it together.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #611 on: May 16, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
Hum do you guys realize that the first three stages are literally the same "kind of places" as the first three stages of Lotus Land Story (moutain/lake/dreamworld) ? That might explain why so many people get so PC-87 vibes. That plus the fast danmaku and such.
Plus in stage 2 the "moon beams" are like checkerboard (but they get distorted) you know what else is checkerboard ? YUUKA'S STUFF !
Youkai in pyjamas ? SUNFLOWERS ?!
ON THE MOON !?
MOONFLOWERS !

This game is hard.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #612 on: May 16, 2015, 10:50:17 AM »
Actually i hope seeing Last Words returning at least for the final boss. It would be cool for us to get 2 final bosses. But about Yorihime, as you guys know she is the captain of the Lunar Defense Corps.

Reimu and the others, are going to the moon, what happened last time they went to the moon, Yorihime showed up along with the Lunar Defense Corps, so the possibility of Yorihime and Toyohime, in my opinion exists and in my opinion they will appear in extra or stage 5.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #613 on: May 16, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »
Watatsukis as stage 4 bosses actually can make sense. They'd get in heroines' way when they reach the moon because they have to, but they won't fight full-power because they also have a conflict with whoever is the final boss. Just think Aya in MoF.

« Reply #614 on: May 16, 2015, 02:46:22 PM »
They'd get in heroines' way when they reach the moon because they have to, but they won't fight full-power because they also have a conflict with whoever is the final boss. Just think Aya in MoF.

Actually, two out of three bosses already don't fight full-power: Ringo doesn't want Earth to be purified and Doremy just puts a token resistance to show that she is doing her job.

« Reply #615 on: May 16, 2015, 02:51:13 PM »
Actually, two out of three bosses already don't fight full-power: Ringo doesn't want Earth to be purified and Doremy just puts a token resistance to show that she is doing her job.

Seiran was (apparently) caught off guard, she was in the middle of punding mochi and wasn't prepared for fighting.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #616 on: May 16, 2015, 02:53:36 PM »
Watatsukis as stage 4 bosses actually can make sense. They'd get in heroines' way when they reach the moon because they have to, but they won't fight full-power because they also have a conflict with whoever is the final boss. Just think Aya in MoF.
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Still, if they were to "lose" against some earthlings that were already easily defeated before, the other lunarians would stop trusting them for good. Particularly, Toyohime's ability can easily send everyone back on Earth without even starting a fight (at least until the full moon passes), and everyone knows that.

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #617 on: May 16, 2015, 03:33:52 PM »
Something that I noticed and someone else did mention but was overlooked:

When you graze bullets, and then keep them within that aura (which slows item fall speed) for a couple of seconds, the bullets drop more green point items. Anyone found a point to that yet? It's not like the ones from clearing the screen of bosses' bullets; these don't increase the item point value. Is it a seemingly pointless minor scoring mechanic?

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #618 on: May 16, 2015, 03:55:36 PM »

When you graze bullets, and then keep them within that aura (which slows item fall speed) for a couple of seconds, the bullets drop more green point items. Anyone found a point to that yet? It's not like the ones from clearing the screen of bosses' bullets; these don't increase the item point value. Is it a seemingly pointless minor scoring mechanic?
They add more graze.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #619 on: May 16, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »

Each of those green point items gotten from hugging a bullet long enough increases your graze by 5. Since you're given a bonus to your PIV at the end of every chapter based on how high your graze is, these green items end up indirectly increasing your PIV, so they're far from pointless.

Back on-topic, I think I'm now addicted to the Stage 3 theme in this game. I just can't stop listening to it, whether during work or play. What's everyone else's favorite song from the demo?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:03:29 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #620 on: May 16, 2015, 04:17:04 PM »
Back on-topic, I think I'm now addicted to the Stage 3 theme in this game. I just can't stop listening to it, whether during work or play. What's everyone else's favorite song from the demo?

Eternal Spring Dream. One of the best stage 3 boss themes, if not the best. Pumpkin of September is good too)

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #621 on: May 16, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »

It's the same for me, every time I hear it, I like it more and more. It is melancholic, intense and just plain beautiful, and feels more like a stage 4 or 5 theme, tbh. And dat piano solo, hnnnngh!

Eternal Spring Dream too, I like it for its tempo and the chiptunes in the background. Also ZUNPETS :derp:
Though I can't shake the feeling I heard the main melody somewhere else (maybe the music cd's?).

Pumpkin of September is also pretty interesting, almost as good as Parsee's theme.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
« Reply #622 on: May 16, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
Yes, stage 3 is amazing, that piano solo was inspired by moonlight sonata right?

Pumpkin of september feels really short though, it has only two main melodies and after that it loops. I guess it's still good for a short stage 2 boss.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #623 on: May 16, 2015, 05:13:39 PM »
Eternal Spring Dream. One of the best stage 3 boss themes, if not the best. Pumpkin of September is good too)
Same here, the "putuputuputu" plus the weird, lazy but dreamy feel make it quite interesting. Stage 3 Bosses who have the misfortune of not being named Keine or Nitori and a few more doesn't get their themes arranged very often, but the new themes at the very least will get one at the next comiket, I'd like to hear how the circles'll do this ; and Pumpkin of September kinda remind or give the feel "Cinderella cage ~ kagome kagome" have, and it was a bit unexpected considering how rowdy Ringo looks like

Though I can't shake the feeling I heard the main melody somewhere else (maybe the music cd's?).
This is exactly what I thought about when I first heard it. It totally sounds like Wind of Agartha from neo-traditionalism of Japan (the main melody, that is), and the stage 1 song (not the boss theme) seems to use some of the instruments ZUN used for Trojan Green Asteroid (my impression, at least). ZUN is going wild there, makes me wonder what the rest of the songs'll sound like  :3
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:28:20 PM by Suspicious person »

« Reply #624 on: May 16, 2015, 05:30:09 PM »
Stage 2 theme > Stage 1 theme > everything else. Just super good OST all around.

« Reply #625 on: May 16, 2015, 05:30:50 PM »
I'm looking forward to the doujin music circles arranges of LoLK's music. There isn't much yet but I'm sure we will get a flood of great music inspired by this game.

Eternal Spring Dream I agree is a beautiful piece of music... simple yet catchy... in typical ZUN style. I fell in love with it as soon as I heard it for the first time. I'm glad that ZUN isn't loosing his touch after so many years dedicated to this series. But hey, it would be pretty tough to loose your edge when he literally makes the music first then shapes the game around the music.

It makes me wonder sometimes how many music pieces he composes when planning a game and how many he may decide to scrap for certain reasons. Imagine what ZUN *hasn't* released to us that he keeps on his office computer or what he may have decided to scrap altogether. I really wish that ZUN would release another music album again... I kinda miss those.

Seriously, ZUN's music is such an inspiration to me that I am tempted to learn piano just so I can replay his music. He is an under appreciated musical virtuoso!   

Formless God

« Reply #626 on: May 16, 2015, 05:35:37 PM »
What's everyone else's favorite song from the demo?
Stage 2 was the most memorable one for me because that part right at the midboss is space as fuck. Stage 3 quickly became my series favorite. My reactions to each boss songs consisted of both "nice" and "what the fuck are you doing" but they're serviceable. I'm just unable to remember the first stage (stage, not boss) for some reason.

« Reply #627 on: May 16, 2015, 05:50:51 PM »
Stage 2 was the most memorable one for me because that part right at the midboss is space as fuck. Stage 3 quickly became my series favorite. My reactions to each boss songs consisted of both "nice" and "what the fuck are you doing" but they're serviceable. I'm just unable to remember the first stage (stage, not boss) for some reason.
EEHHHH that is one of the most memorable songs though. It's definitely the next '' Night Sakura of Dead Spirits '' to me.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #628 on: May 16, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »
What's everyone else's favorite song from the demo?

The ones I listen to mostly are Stage 2 and Doremy's theme, so I guess they're my favorites. The other songs are nice too, but not as memorable imo.

I really love the atmosphere of Stage 2 theme, it gives me a feeling of "Oh shit, Gensokyo is being messed around by aliens!" - and for some reason I think Doremy's theme suits her. It gives me the impression I'm really fighting a powerful and hard boss.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #629 on: May 16, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
Each of those green point items gotten from hugging a bullet long enough increases your graze by 5. Since you're given a bonus to your PIV at the end of every chapter based on how high your graze is, these green items end up indirectly increasing your PIV, so they're far from pointless.

I love every single theme in this game, but by far the bests are the stage themes, and Seiren and Doremy's themes