Author Topic: Sword Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 55410 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Sword Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:37:15 AM »

>You are Youmu Konpaku, Hakugyokurou?s finest half-ghost!
>Yours is a life at once placid and harried. On one hand, few places are really as peaceful as Hakugyokorou, and it is very easy to take life at your own pace. On the other hand, you are also the retainer of Lady Saigyouji, which can be quite hectic sometimes. While you would never say she is a cruel or unfair master, there are times when she can ask a lot from you. Or when her guests can be a royal pain. As well, you can sometimes have your hands full dealing with Hakugyokurou itself; being an estate the size of a city, sometimes it is difficult to organize proper maintenance.Still, you wouldn?t trade it for anything.
>You are a student of the Konpaku School of swordplay; presently the only one that you know of. When you can find the time, and have the energy, you focus on perfecting your art and pushing yourself further and further into it. Yuyuko sometimes jokes that you are a bit obsessed, but you feel that it is something you must do. And you?re not that obsessed... You also take a lot of joy in gardening, and you would like to think that Hakugyokurou is that much brighter for your devotion to it.
>As a half-ghost, you are privileged to have one foot within the netherworld, so to speak. While most people see ghosts as simple white blobs, you can see them as the people they are, and communicate with them. You have a tendency to favor uncomplicated answers to problems, and this sometimes leads you to be impatient. You?re trying to learn from that, though! You do sometimes have a tendency to get lost with regards to complicated things; particularly if Yuyuko herself happens to be involved. She can talk circles around you when she feels like it. As much as you hate to admit it, she is frequently right whenever the two of you disagree, so you try to have faith in her.
>You have been asked by Yuyuko to find a group of five people to act in a play she has written: One who is very tall, one who is medium-sized with red hair, one who does NOT have black hair,  one who is in really good shape, and one who is Reimu. This lead you to Gensokyo, where you encountered a reclusive by the name of Meira, who claimed to have descended from the hereditary rulers of this land. You appraised some swords for her and received a little money for it before continuing on your way to the human village. There, you managed to convince Byakuren to consider joining the play, and were quickly roped into hunting a missing satori by the name of Koishi. With a bit of diligence and luck, you were able to track her down despite her tricks, and managed to make contact with her! In the process, however, you found that the aura of death clings strongly to her, and quickly deduced that she was not far from death. With the assistance of Utsuho and Parsee, you managed to convince her to return with you to the Netherworld. Yuyuko was happy to look over Koishi, and equally happy to declare she was dying from her mind degrading due to her attempts to completely shut out her nature. While trying to make Koishi comfortable with the idea of taking steps toward recovery, you were disturbed by Seiga breaking into Hakugyokurou and ultimately robbing the Saigyou Ayakashi of its essence, leaving the tree to begin to die. You were unable to halt her escape, and while you did capture her Jiangshi servant, you had few leads.
>You decided to tell Reimu about things, and then managed to talk her down from getting involved. Yukari was there as well, and you managed to convince her to investigate the Saigyou Ayakashi and take care of matters at home. Afterward, you met with Marisa, and she agreed to look into the the old mausoleum and meet back up with you in town, while you followed a path that Miko traced out, first heading to Eientei, then underground. You manage to meet with Miko at the entrance, and learned of her story and difficulties she had. You then went underground and confirmed that Nue did not have Miko's sword. You then visited the Palace of the Earth Spirits and toward them about Koishi, and learned of Satori's own difficulties. On the way out, you got drawn into a difficult duel with an oni, which you managed to win rather elegantly and received some kind of box from her. From there, you went back to Hakgyokurou, only to learn the Prismrivers had detained Miko.
>Once home, you learned a bit more about the tree's situation, and updated your underground guests on what happened. This lead to some trouble, as Koishi ran and presumably hid before you could bring Miko to her. After attempting to find her and realizing it was futile, you departed once more for the human village, to confirm Byakuren for the play. She was gone, but you met a curious woman named Kotohime who seemed determined to arrest you, before becoming fascinated with your ghost half. She agreed to be in the play without preamble, and showed you her home. She seems to be determined to follow you as well, as you make your way toward Marisa's house.

> "Try not to poke or squeeze too much while we're in the air, okay? Let's head off."
> Take flight and head to Kirisame residence.

>"I won't!" she says, "It would be dangerous while moving,"
>The two of you take to the air, and fly toward the Forest of Magic. "I don't usually go out this way," Kotohime says. "Where are we going?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sword Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:21:11 AM »
> Did we mention the play to Marisa earlier?

> "Marisa's house."
> Stop suddenly.
> "Oh wait, I forgot! We were to rendezvous at the pub, not at her house. I apologize for wasting our time."
> Change course and head back toward the Human Village.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:11:06 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:32:02 AM »
> Did we mention the play to Marisa earlier?

> "Marisa's house."
> Stop suddenly.
> "Oh wait, I forgot! We were to rendezvous at the pub, not at her house. I apologize for wasting our time."
> Change course and head back toward the Human Village.

>You did not, but you did ask her about finding a red-haired person to be in it.
>"We're not too far off," says Kotohime.
>Thankfully, you haven't actually flown past the village yet, so it is easy enough to adjust course for the pub. Landing in front of it, you walk inside.
>It is somewhat crowded inside, but the lunch rush is clearly coming to an end as there are a number of tables that have seen recent use and have yet to be cleaned; you note Mokou is in the process of doing that just that when you arrive. Farmers and tradesmen occupy many of the booths and tables, but you note a few faces that stand out. In particular, Byakuren is at a corner table, along with that young woman who looks startlingly like Yukari, Merryberry some something? You also note that Wriggle is here, sharing a booth with Sanae. And your target in particular is occupying a corner booth, nursing a drink and notable collection of empty plates. She waves as you enter.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 11:36:41 AM »
> Return the wave and make our way over.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:47:17 AM »
> Return the wave and make our way over.

>"Hey there," says Marisa as you approach, "Who's you're friend?"
>"You're under arrest," says Kotohime, crossing her arms and giving Marisa a look.
>"Oh, now I remember!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »
> "Ah, you two are acquainted?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
> "Ah, you two are acquainted?"

>"I can't even count the number of incidences of disturbing the peace and petty theft she's racked up," says Kotohime.
>"Hey, I don't steal from town," Marisa says.
>"It still counts!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »
> "Ah, I see. Well, that aside, Marisa, Kotohime is here because she fits the profile of the sort of person I was asking you about earlier."
> Gesture to our ghost half.
> "That, and she finds my ghost half enthralling."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »
> "Ah, I see. Well, that aside, Marisa, Kotohime is here because she fits the profile of the sort of person I was asking you about earlier."
> Gesture to our ghost half.
> "That, and she finds my ghost half enthralling."

>"...Huh," she says. "So, have any luck?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »
> "Some. I did find their leader. She is on her way to the Scarlet Devil Mansion now, presumably for the same reason I asked you to take me there. We will be meeting at the Hakurei Shrine afterward. Were you able to find anything?"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:42:00 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »
> "Some. I did find their leader. She is on her way to the Scarlet Devil Mansion now, presumably for the same reason I asked you to take me there. We will be meeting at the Hakurei Shrine afterward. Were you able to find anything?"

>"There's nothing at all going on around that tomb," says Marisa. "I even looked around the graveyard and stuff. All I found was some horse lingering around there."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
> "I see. I encountered a woman on horseback earlier today, but she was a recluse in the forest that seems entirely unrelated to my problem."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 01:10:27 PM »
> "I see. I encountered a woman on horseback earlier today, but she was a recluse in the forest that seems entirely unrelated to my problem."

>Marisa nods. "I figured it was a runaway."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 01:15:57 PM »
> "Anyway, all I can do is wait until I hear the results of her visit to the Mansion. In the meantime, though, there is something else unrelated I meant to ask you about. Did I actually tell you precisely why I was looking for a red-haired woman?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
> "Anyway, all I can do is wait until I hear the results of her visit to the Mansion. In the meantime, though, there is something else unrelated I meant to ask you about. Did I actually tell you precisely why I was looking for a red-haired woman?"

>"I dunno, looking for a girlfriend?" says Marisa.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »
> "I am sure Patchouli's familiar would be more than willing to offer, but no. Yuyuko-sama has written a play, and I have been tasked with finding five players for it, one of which was someone with red hair. Kotohime has graciously agreed to play this role."
> "I bring this up because the one role for which I do not have anyone at least strongly considering is 'someone in really good shape'. All cheesy flattery and alleged life-partner pursuit aside, I cannot think of many in better physical condition than you."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:32:12 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 01:35:13 PM »
> "I am sure Patchouli's familiar would be more than willing to offer, but no. Yuyuko-sama has written a play, and I have been tasked with finding five players for it, one of which was someone with red hair. Kotohime has graciously agreed to play this role."
> "I bring this up because the one role for which I do not have anyone at least strongly considering is 'someone in really good shape'. All cheesy flattery and alleged life-partner pursuit aside, I cannot think of many in better physical condition than you."

>"Eh, I dunno," she says. "I tend to have a pretty wild schedule from day to day."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 01:38:59 PM »
> "Understandable. I am sure we can accomodate, though. You are not the first to have scheduling concerns."
> What has Kotohime been doing this whole time?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »
> "Understandable. I am sure we can accomodate, though. You are not the first to have scheduling concerns."
> What has Kotohime been doing this whole time?

>'We'll see," says Marisa.
>She been given Marisa a look the whole time.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 01:48:04 PM »
> Float our ghost half up and down a little bit in Kotohime's line of vision. Let's see if we can distract her from glaring at Marisa.
> "Very well. Thank you for your consideration. If it interests you, the other players will be Reimu, Miss Miko, and, once I have a chance to provide the information she request, possibly Miss Byakuren. And before you say anything, yes, I am aware, and I am not concerned."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:50:48 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 02:14:07 PM »
> Float our ghost half up and down a little bit in Kotohime's line of vision. Let's see if we can distract her from glaring at Marisa.
> "Very well. Thank you for your consideration. If it interests you, the other players will be Reimu, Miss Miko, and, once I have a chance to provide the information she request, possibly Miss Byakuren. And before you say anything, yes, I am aware, and I am not concerned."

>You move your ghost half around, and she does glance toward it.
>"Heh," says Marisa. "That sounds more fun to watch from a distance."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »
> Good. Hopefully she stays distracted.
> "That may be, but rehearsals would provide more opportunities to watch. Though, as I said, I am not concerned."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »
> Good. Hopefully she stays distracted.
> "That may be, but rehearsals would provide more opportunities to watch. Though, as I said, I am not concerned."

>"Maybe," says Marisa, "If I feel like it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 03:00:19 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well. Please let me know when you have arrived at a decision, so I can inform Yuyuko-sama."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 03:08:13 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well. Please let me know when you have arrived at a decision, so I can inform Yuyuko-sama."

>"Ask me again in a a couple days," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »
> "I will do so, then."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
> "I will do so, then."

>"Anything else you're gonna need?" she asks.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »
> Slowly bob out ghost half up and down a tiny bit.
> "Hmm...in the event your schedule does not allow you to commit, I would not refuse advice on who to ask instead. There are some other people I can think of to ask, but one of them would never be allowed to work with Yuyuko-sama, and the others are people I am not convinced are the best people to involve in such a thing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 03:26:25 PM »
> Slowly bob out ghost half up and down a tiny bit.
> "Hmm...in the event your schedule does not allow you to commit, I would not refuse advice on who to ask instead. There are some other people I can think of to ask, but one of them would never be allowed to work with Yuyuko-sama, and the others are people I am not convinced are the best people to involve in such a thing."

>You move your ghost half a little bit. Kotohime glances at it.
>"Who've you got in mind?" says Marisa.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »
> Slowly list our ghost half so it is a little more in front of Kotohime.
> Frown a tiny bit.
> "I...am not sure naming names out loud is very polite, given what I have said. Perhaps a whisper is in order?"