Author Topic: Question about posting images  (Read 7219 times)

Question about posting images
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:07:30 PM »
Hello, I am new here and this is my first post.

So my question is this: How do you post images? I tried to post one but it wasn't the way I expected it to be. I hope someone answers this. Thanks in advance.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Question about posting images
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
You can use

Code: [Select]
[img]url.com/myimaeg.jpg[/img]
or click "Attachments and other options" under the message box and use that. And don't hotlink.

See Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines on this board for more information.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:54:46 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 10:08:35 PM »
I`m sorry but I still don't understand. Can you be more specific, thank you.

Tengukami

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 10:30:32 PM »
OK, no problem.

Let's say you want to paste this image into a thread: http://i.imgur.com/F2Two6Rl.jpg

To make it visible, you can either type
[img][/img]or click the button to the upper left of your message box (the box you type inside after you click Post Reply) which is just under the B button.

Then you paste your link inside
[img][/img]so that it will look like
[img]http://i.imgur.com/F2Two6Rl.jpg[/img]
However, we ask that you do not hotlink, i.e., link directly to an image on another website. Use an image hosting site, like imgur, imageshack, tinypic or whatever instead.

Then click Post.

Another option is, you can click "Attachments and other options", which is underneath your message box, then navigate to the image on your comp and post that way.

Again, see Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines on this board for more information.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:33:16 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 10:55:13 PM »
The attachments and other options shows nothing but check boxes. How do I use it? Thanks in advance.

Tengukami

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 11:05:37 PM »
There should be a heading called Attach underneath the checkboxes.

If you don't see it, refer to the image tag method.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 11:50:05 PM »
Okay, thank you for your help. I am new here and kind of a noob on both the community and on the games(my first game is Ten Desires which I started playing a month ago).

Tengukami

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »
No problem, enjoy your stay!

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 06:12:52 AM »
Hi, sorry to butt in but I have a similar question and I thought it didn't merit a new thread. Pretty much I have the same problem SerB18 mentioned a few posts ago where when I hit the "Attachments and other options" tab, I only see checkboxes that don't have to do with uploading an attachment.

I saw the solution of using img tags to link to an image, but what I want to do is upload a replay file from my computer. Am I missing something, or is there a restriction I have to pass (like a post count) before I can post attachments? I know I could look into uploading to Royalflare or something and then link to that, but I'd prefer to just upload to here if possible.

Thank you for your time!

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 09:43:56 AM »
Oh, come on, it's so easy I don't...

...nevermind. Attachments are broken.

Or did you say "replay"? Then you'd probably better use this.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:45:40 AM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »
Ok thank you :)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
Or did you say "replay"? Then you'd probably better use this.
Note that replays.gensokyo.org hasn't been updated in quite a while. DDC replays only can be added with a trick of submitting them as TD replays (and get renamed to "th13" in the process, which you'd have to revert to "th14" after downloading), and ISC (onward?) won't be accepted at all. But otherwise it's a pretty convenient site.

Hmm, and attachments are working for me. So either the system was just fixed in the last few hours, or it's only broken for regular users?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:54:44 PM by Karisa »

Tengukami

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:56 PM »
Attachments are also working just fine for me.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 07:36:42 PM »
Huh. In AAA, they work for me too. Here, they don't.
So, seems we actually have board-local attachment restrictions.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »
Only certain boards allow attachments, and like most features, are locked out until you have ten posts for security reasons.

When I get a free moment I can post more details.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."