Author Topic: Wot m8? The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan?  (Read 2750 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Wot m8? The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan?
« on: April 05, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »
What's this? An animu based on the spin-off of the infamous Haruhi Suzumiya series? So apparently, the series is still significant-ish...

First episode just started a few days ago. I was looking forward to this...years ago. Not anymore. I actually just want the original series to end, to f-in know what happens. But nooooooo, it's still not done(I think.).

I'll be honest, during those years, Haruhi Suzumiya was my favorite series. But thanks to the blunder of KyoAni's "∞ 8", and how long the light novel has been going on, with a lot of ons-and-offs from the author(currently hiatus on the series I think), I decided to dropped the series, and leave whatever that's left to some animation studio to just adapt the whole series together and show me what the ending is. The movie, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was pretty good though.

Anyways, for those who doesn't know what this one is about. It's based on the alternate universe of where the setting of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya"(or atleat that's what I know) is.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Re: Wot m8? The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:34:01 PM »
I never was a big fan of this version of Nagato, so I will try to watch this out of fondness as a Haruhi spin-off, but I'm not getting my hopes too much up.

That definitely reminds me I need to continue the novels though. I stopped after the 8th one and then forgot about them.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
how long the light novel has been going on, with a lot of ons-and-offs from the author(currently hiatus on the series I think)
It's pretty much agreed that Tanigawa is simply tired of SH series. It's been around for so long, the lasy volume took so long to get done, and unless Tanigawa is secretly preparing a big damn surprise, we won't ever see any new books there.
The final is somewhat known at this point, though,
Spoiler:
Kyon and Haruhi will attend the same university
; so there's little need in continuatioin either. Kyon's real name is lost in time, apparently.

Anyways, for those who doesn't know what this one is about. It's based on the alternate universe of where the setting of "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya"(or atleat that's what I know) is.
Well, to clarify, "based" here means that it has this much common with the original:
- names.

No, even the charater's looks are re-designed. And of course their characters aren't even remotely close. Except for maybe Mikuru, who didn't seem to me to have much in the first place, but that's personal opinion. Speaking of which, mine is basically 'DoNY sucks', because is has almost nothing to do with the original SH series, it doesn't stand out on its own either, and I just don't into this type of girls.
Hopefully, it's no more than a hasty decision made after only one episode, so I'll wait some more to see if something good would suddenly appear. But I personally don't believe in this.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »
Basically what Delfi said. I know I wasn't going to get the same charm and fun the first season of Haruhi had, so I was ready to try anyway and see how things were going to be. The only thing I can say is : Booooooring, Nagato is so bland it makes me sad.

I think I am going to try one or two more episodes and leave it in the dust if there is nothing that makes me want to see the next one.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:16 PM »
This series is all about dere Yuki. There's almost nothing else that comes to mind, if there is something important I forgot a long time ago.

PhoenixMaiden

• Resurrected fire maiden
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 01:51:38 AM »
I read some of the manga. I don't remember everything that happened though. I might go back and read it again. :P