Author Topic: Random Spellcard Name Generator [C++]  (Read 24487 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Random Spellcard Name Generator [C++]
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »
Version 0.08 Release

At this point in time, the entire LoLK Cast, BPoHC cast, and NTP cast are present in the generator.

The fact that there is a release now does not mean that there will be another in the near future. If anyone would like to receive updates from this project, please fork or clone the repository, as the next foreseeable update will happen after the release of the demo of the next official Touhou game, unless JynX gets there first or SeitenTouji actually gets a demo.

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2015, 05:55:07 PM »
Downloaded the latest release version and running it just gave errors about missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
I put the DLL it was missing in the program folder and running showed an application error.

Edit: Oh, I see someone else had the same problem. In my case it doesn't run twice, and it only asked for the one DLL.
If it means anything I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:57:36 PM by Dark Kitsune »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 06:07:40 PM »
Downloaded the latest release version and running it just gave errors about missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
I put the DLL it was missing in the program folder and running showed an application error.

Edit: Oh, I see someone else had the same problem. In my case it doesn't run twice, and it only asked for the one DLL.
If it means anything I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.

What was the Application Error?

Also, I didn't make the executable - Fluffy8x did. Have you tried compiling from source? Additionally, you are running the program from the Windows Command Line, correct? If not, please do.

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 06:20:34 PM »
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
And yes, I ran it through the command line.

Running "make" in the directory produced the following error:

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2015, 06:29:38 PM »
What version of GCC do you have installed?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2015, 06:37:33 PM »
mingw32-gcc version 4.8.1-4

JDude :3

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 02:07:04 AM »
What I do with this?
I have a lot of files, but I don't know what to do :blush:
"dnh is hard" - said no one
"dnh is bullshit" - everyone making a creative pattern

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 03:35:34 AM »
What I do with this?
I have a lot of files, but I don't know what to do :blush:

It's all in the readme file, but I'll repost it here.

Navigate to the directory that you have extracted the contents into in Command Prompt / Terminal, and use the command make.
Then you should have a file named generator.exe. If you're running Windows, then you can run it by typing generator.exe, and if you're running Linux or MacOSX, then run it by typing ./generator. Look in the readme if you want more options.

Edit: You might not want to trust me 100% with anything regarding Windows, since I haven't tested it at the time of posting (or editing) this, but this is what I understand from the readme. I can confirm it works on my Mac though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:46:35 AM by Chronojet ⚙ Dragon »

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 10:02:48 AM »
Am I doing this right? :blush:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:13:59 AM by jao »

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »
If you want to build it yourself (via make) I think you're going to need MinGW installed.

It'll be easier to download the latest Windows build (Spellcard.Name.Generator.v0.08.WIN.zip) from the releases page, then run it by typing generate.

• tururu
  • boy with code
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
The program can't be iniciated because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing on your computer....
WAT

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »
Oh. Well, you can get these DLLs from a MinGW installation. Or take these I uploaded because I'm generous like that. Unzip them in the same folder as the generator.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 04:31:10 PM »
...And suddenly a project that hasn't been updated for years gets bumped from the dead...

As a reminder, this project was originally made for Unix based systems and was not made to run on Windows. If you do plan to run it on Windows, see some of the posts on how to get make working on Windows or on how to compile from source on Windows.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:34:13 PM by Sparen »