Author Topic: Random Spellcard Name Generator [C++]  (Read 24476 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Random Spellcard Name Generator [C++]
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
Hello Danmaku makers! Have you ever been at a loss as to what to name your spell card? Well, I'm building a tool to make that less stressful!

I present, the Random Spellcard Name Generator!

https://github.com/Sparen/RandomSpellcardGenerator

I will be using Github's Release functionality in the future to save snapshots of versions. Read the description in the repo for details on the characters supported. This is currently a work in progress, although it will be built up in time.

If you would like to contribute to this project, please send a pull request or dump code here for me to insert.

Note on Pull Requests:
--Any major modifications of the system will be denied
--If there are compilation or executable files (IE you did not run make clean before pushing to Github), your request will be denied

LATEST RELEASE:
*for latest code, please refer to the github repository
V0.08 Release
Release Post on this thread

NOTES ON COMPILING FROM SOURCE:
If using the Unix Command Line (MacOSX/Linux Terminal), cd to the directory and type 'make' without quotes. Other instructions are in ReadMe
If using Windows, there are multiple options (ignore if you know how to compile on Windows). Make for Windows, Cygwin, and NMake are among the possible options. (We recommend Make for Windows)
We will try to provide packages with a pre-compiled executable for major releases.

If you are looking for Fluffy8x's generator, written in Haskell with Japanese support, please refer to
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,18237.0.html
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:05:04 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Random Spellcard Name Generator
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 01:52:34 AM »
There was progress today

Rumia, Letty, the Prismriver Sisters, Kisume, Kogasa, and Wakasagihime (and perhaps others) were added today (canon only). More to come. Results for default have begun to get interesting, with names such as the following appearing:

Umbrella Sign: Duplex Dimensional Kick
Scattered Spirit: Omnidirectional Treasured Orb
Holy Relic: Sky-Conquering Night Carnival
Well Bucket: Umbrella Wind-Buddha Kick

EDIT: Chen and Ran added
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:15:20 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Random Spellcard Name Generator [C++]
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:29 AM »
SO MUCH PROGRESS

Added today:
Wriggle, Mystia, Tewi, Sekibanki, Momiji, Shizuha, Minoriko, Medicine, Yuuka, Shikieiki, Kyouko, Yamame, Parsee, Yuugi, Satori, Nazrin, Shou, Murasa, Hatate, Yoshika, and Seiga!

Of course, I will probably edit this post to dump like 10 more. But we're getting to the more frustrating part where there are 30+ spell cards per character, and I have yet to dig up people's scripts to add in new words

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 02:24:36 AM »
Today, we have new option flags from Fluffy8x, as well as multi name support (the spell card names can be taken from a pool of multiple characters as opposed to a single on or all of them)

We also have some new characters added, or at least their official spell cards.
-Orin
-Utsuho
-Kagerou
-Flandre
-Keine
-Mokou
-Benben & Yatsuhashi

As can be seen from the roster, I am holding off on the characters who have appeared in fighting games because they have way more spells than other characters (even if Reimu and Marisa are done, there are still hundreds more spells to categorize)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 07:13:09 PM »
A few minutes ago, I snapshotted our second release:

https://github.com/Sparen/RandomSpellcardGenerator/releases/tag/v0.02

We now support 49 characters, so it's no longer worth listing them. You also do not need to touch the actual code at all if you want to help us out, since the database files are now separate from the code.

New features:
-Multiname Supoort (Thanks to Fluffy8x)
-Dual Spellcards (Thanks to Fluffy8x)
-External Database (Thanks to Fluffy8x)
-Aliases (e.g. Okuu works in place of Utsuho) (Thanks to Fluffy8x)

SAMPLE:
Esoterica: Near the Abyss Spark
---Whatever an Abyss Spark is, it sounds horrifying
Moth Sign: Toxic Phoenix in the Disorder of Edo
---...WTF?
Charm: Event Shower - Cumulonimbus-Ascending Silver Cucumber
---Nitori has done something terrible
Vague Recollection: Firefly Destructor
---Satori, what is this?!
Noise Sign: I Shall Always Stay Under a Room of Danmaku
---Tenshi?
Necromancy: Live Decapitation
---AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
Photography: Bloodthirsty Wolf Arrows
---I think Momiji got pissed, Aya. Please leave. Now.
Jeweled Pagoda: Hakurei Ray
---Hakuray Raymoo has the pagoda now.
White Sign: Old Lady Ohgane's Nuclear Energy
---oh no
Seven Stars: Eternally Anchored Sword
---EXCALIBUR!
Rabbit Sign: Infinite Dimensional Kick
---Tewi, what is this?
Hermit Sign: Light on a Dual Gassing Biwa
---I won't ask what the Tsukumo Sisters have planned for us
New Impossible Request: I Shall Always Stay Under a Little Danmaku Barrier
---NEET
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:14:14 PM by Sparen »

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 11:15:17 PM »
I just have a question, how do we use this? I downloaded it, but I don't know how to use it. ???
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 01:50:45 AM »
I just have a question, how do we use this? I downloaded it, but I don't know how to use it. ???

Type make and an executable should appear.

(edit: you forgot formatters!)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:01:17 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 01:56:15 AM »
Type make and an executable should appear.

If you are on windows, you will probably want to run 'make' inside the directory (use cmd.exe)

If you are on Linux/Mac, you will want to open the Terminal, cd to the directory with the code, and then run make. From that point onwards, the directions in the Readme should be sufficient

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 05:07:56 AM »
Just tried that myself. I don't think "make" works on regular old command prompt.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 05:13:22 AM »
Just tried that myself. I don't think "make" works on regular old command prompt.

Did you try adding the directory of your make installation to your PATH variable?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

TTBD

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 08:56:05 AM »
I've just tried using cmd.exe for make, and this is what comes up.

Code: [Select]
'make' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operal program or batch file.
And that's what it says for me when I type in 'make'.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »
I've just tried using cmd.exe for make, and this is what comes up.

Code: [Select]
'make' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operal program or batch file.
And that's what it says for me when I type in 'make'.

Did you type it *without quotes*?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »
Did you try adding the directory of your make installation to your PATH variable?

Yep, did that, still doesn't work, typed make without quotes, doesn't work either. I have a sneaking suspicion it isn't working because of a lack of mingw or something else like that. I don't think cmd.exe has that functionality normally.

Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »
Consider Cygwin or PuTTY, or call nmake

Fluffy: How do you compile it? Do you use an IDE?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:06:34 PM by Sparen »

TTBD

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:12 PM »
*without quotes*?

Yeah, I just typed make.  :V

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 08:26:14 PM »
Consider Cygwin or PuTTY, or call nmake

Fluffy: How do you compile it? Do you use an IDE?

I installed GNU Make and added the path to make.exe to the PATH variable.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »
Version 0.03 Release

There are OSX and Windows executables that must be run with the Command Line this time. Please report any bugs via Github Issues (if it is a code bug) or here if you are having trouble running the programs. PLEASE READ THE README AND VERSION DESCRIPTION.

New Characters since last version:
Sanae Kanako Kaguya Tojiko Yabusame Tsubakura Futo Miko Meiling Suwako Eirin Ichirin Patchouli Raiko Sukuna Mamizou Nue Kokoro Yumemi

New Features:
-More aliases for characters
-Incorporated more spell card names for Yoshika, Letty, and others

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
Version 0.04 Release

There is a OSX executable that must be run with the Command Line (there will be a Windows version eventually). Please report any bugs via Github Issues (if it is a code bug) or here if you are having trouble running the programs. PLEASE READ THE README AND VERSION DESCRIPTION.

New Characters since last version:
Len'en cast (1-3)
TLC and MPP casts
Byakuren
Yuyuko
Reisen
Komachi
Iku
...and maybe more?

New Features:
-Incorporated more spell card names for Hatate, Sanae, and others

Note that you can override your old chara folder and README with the new ones and everything should function exactly the same as before.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »
Intriguing. Naturally, this brought to mind disfact's spellcard name generator which doesn't have character select, though.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
Intriguing. Naturally, this brought to mind disfact's spellcard name generator which doesn't have character select, though.

I did not know of this one, but thanks for bringing it up, because it's pretty interesting as well.

On that note, I should probably continue adding in characters to this one. There's still a lot of work to do.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 07:50:26 PM »
Version 0.05 Release

Once again, we have a new release, although this one is very small and was mainly done because of the 200 commit mark as well as a long period of time since the last release.

New characters include:
Aya Shameimaru
Sakuya Izayou
Youmu Konpaku

Yuyuko, Hatsuna, and Ruri's spell cards from RSS have also been added, as well as a number of database changes and improvements.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »
Version 0.06 Release

Aaaand another release! This one isn't anything big, but the project has calmed down a lot and it's been about two weeks since the last release, so I decided to just make a release to mark it.

New Characters
Tarumi
Hanie
Himemiko
Momohime
Yato
Kiyohime
Koishi Komeiji

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 12:59:52 AM »
Version 0.07 Release

Updates:
-Suika
-Tenshi
-Kasen
-Remilia
-Yukari
-Seiran/YandereBunny
-Ringo
-Doremy

Basically, I've completed the entire cast of Windows Touhou characters except for the Three Fairies and those who have not yet appeared in games.

Note: You can now alias Byakuren using the following:
'Namusan'
'TurboGranny'

Enjoy!

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 11:54:42 AM »
Ahh, I just can't figure this out. I downloaded Make for Windows as you instructed, shoved all the files from your ZIP into the same directory as make.exe, cd'd to that same directory through the CMD, ran make and http://prntscr.com/7btw0u
Das System konnte die angegebene Datei nicht finden == The specified file could not be found.

So what is it that I'm doing wrong (besides using Windows)?
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 02:26:58 PM »
Ahh, I just can't figure this out. I downloaded Make for Windows as you instructed, shoved all the files from your ZIP into the same directory as make.exe, cd'd to that same directory through the CMD, ran make and http://prntscr.com/7btw0u
Das System konnte die angegebene Datei nicht finden == The specified file could not be found.

So what is it that I'm doing wrong (besides using Windows)?

What did you download? Did you download the source code? If you download the source code, there *should* be a generator.cc file. You should make sure that you have navigated to the directory with the source code.

Can I have a screenshot of the directory? Additionally, note that you can download a release package, which comes with a prebuilt exe. The only thing you need to do is update the chara directory when (if) we publish new updates, because that's the only part that's really changing now (besides the ReadMe)

Python

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »
http://prntscr.com/7bwmly
Here's a screenshot of the directory. I downloaded the GitHub repository as a ZIP and...that's all there was in it (save for the DLLs and make.exe, those are from Make for Windows).

EDIT: I found the EXE you meant. At first it said it was missing two DLL files (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll), so I downloaded those two, put them in the same directory I put your generator in and now it crashes everytime I open it or run it through the CMD. Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that it always runs the program twice and it crashes both times (i. e. I run it, it crashes, it runs itself again and crashes again).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:47:45 PM by Python »

TTBD

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »
Sakuya Izayou

Oh, you know I had to point this out.  :3

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 07:40:26 PM »
http://prntscr.com/7bwmly
Here's a screenshot of the directory. I downloaded the GitHub repository as a ZIP and...that's all there was in it (save for the DLLs and make.exe, those are from Make for Windows).

EDIT: I found the EXE you meant. At first it said it was missing two DLL files (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll), so I downloaded those two, put them in the same directory I put your generator in and now it crashes everytime I open it or run it through the CMD. Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that it always runs the program twice and it crashes both times (i. e. I run it, it crashes, it runs itself again and crashes again).

Hmm... yeah, I really don't know how to help you then. If you are running the program via the command line... I really don't know what's wrong, since I can't replicate it without a copy of your operating system.

The executable was compiled by Fluffy8x - I don't know if he has any recommendations.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 10:57:31 PM »
Hmm... yeah, I really don't know how to help you then. If you are running the program via the command line... I really don't know what's wrong, since I can't replicate it without a copy of your operating system.

The executable was compiled by Fluffy8x - I don't know if he has any recommendations.

Hmm, I have MinGW installed on my computer. What happens if you try installing MinGW and using its own DLLs that the program needs?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Python

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »
I assume MinGW refers to "Minimalistic GNU for Windows" (why do they call everything GNU, that's an animal)?

I think I installed it correctly (the installation process was a little confusing for me), but I still encounter the same errors, both, when compiling or running the program. It also says the DLLs are missing if I remove the ones I downloaded from the generator's folder. Seeing as it works for you, maybe you can send me the build you have on your computer?